Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check-In w/o 12/31

Happy New Year's everyone! How is everybody feeling?

Me: 7w3d
Symptoms: a bit more tired, but normal otherwise
Upcoming appts: final RE isn't until 14th, first visit with OB on the 2nd
Meds: still on PIO shot in morning, 2-Estrace 3x a day, Prometrium at night, also the Benadryl protocol. I forgot to ask, but does anyone know when that ends? I'm sure it's adding to the tiredness, but helping keep nausea at bay, too.
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: 1st Trimester Check-In w/o 12/31

• @MamaK225 my last PIO and estrace was at 8 weeks but I continued the endometrin suppositories till 10 weeks. Every doctor is different. 

10 weeks 3 days, EDD July 25 

symptoms - still tired but either I’m getting used to it or it’s getting better.

ALL DONE WITH MEDS AS OF 12/27!! I couldnt Be happier! 

How was everyones holiday???
  • I’m 8w2d

Symptoms: My main symptom has and continues to be fatigue. I could sleep all day. My daughter has gotten very good with her iPad. 

Upcoming appointments: I have a follow up with the RE on Thursday. I’m kind of nervous about what they are going to find but kind of relaxed because worrying isn’t going to change the outcome and stressing isn’t good. I have my first OB appointment on the 9th. 

Meds: still doing PIO and estrace daily as well as a prenatal. I have the extra folic acid that I’m taking but I don’t know if I still need to take it anymore but I figured it couldn’t hurt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 weeks, 2 days 

Symptoms: Fatigue! Insanely sore breasts. Nausea comes and goes. I didn’t have it the last two days and was getting nervous until today when it came back with a vengeance. Wasn’t able to eat dinner, but staying hydrated. 

Upcoming Appointments: Our first ultrasound at the RE office is a week away, next Monday. I plan to talk to them about who they recommend for an OB, not a huge fan of who I’ve seen for annuals. 

Meds: PIO and Estridol, still. Nurse said continuing those will be based on the US next week. DHA, Folic Acid, and prenatal. 

I forgot to take my estridol until I woke up to pee in the middle of the night, then forgot to take it this morning. Argh! I am on winter break, so my routine is out of whack. I set alarms so I won’t keep missing. I can’t wait to be done with daily injections and extra meds!

@ndz2018 Cingrats on making it through all the meds!!! 
  • @ndz2018 - Super jealous you're all done with the initial meds. They're not hard on me, it's just difficult to remember and Mom Brain is in FULL EFFECT already.

@teenad82 - I feel ya on the fatigue, I'll get bursts of energy then be nearly-comatose for the next hour or two. It's frustrating, not knowing when/if I can do "things." My daughter is also *really* enjoying all this time on her tablet ... and I've already memorized about 20-30 new episodes of new cartoons she's gotten into lately. Sigh. And extra folate can't be bad, worst case your body just expels what it doesn't need :)

@telda715 - Sorry the nausea is coming/going. I know if can be disconcerting when you don't have "any" symptoms, but that shouldn't be any cause for concern. I haven't had any in either of my pregnancies - and this time I'm carrying two. DEFINITELY get an OB you like/feel comfortable with. I absolutely love mine, and it's an added bonus that he and his wife had their second child through IVF, so he is very familiar and attuned to my needs.

AFM, I was having some dull pains on the left side of my pelvis earlier this morning, but I'm just going to attribute that to uterine stretching. According to the info I've read, apparently my uterus is already twice it's normal size and that is when those "pains" begin to start. I don't remember having any with my DD, but that was also 3 years ago, so who knows. Popped into the office today (just for a few hours) to try and knock some work out so that I don't have to work tomorrow (we have it off), and to get back into my work headspace since the holidays have been so crazy.

**History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 I was weened off my meds starting at week 8 and finished them up week 10. 

@ndz2018 i too am loving the lack of meds!! it's so great and i think my butt is starting to get back to normal (less bumpy) 

@telda715 ugh, i hear you, i know i missed two prenatal vitamins during the holidays because i was traveling and just off my normal schedule. (didn't help that i didn't take my daily pill taker either--love that thing). 

AFM:
    11 Weeks + 4 Days

Symptoms: i'm still nauseated. I didn't eat my first breakfast until 6:45 this morning and that was too late. I have been eating it (Just a yogurt or breakfast biscuit or string cheese) between 4:30-6 and then going back to sleep--that seems to settle my stomach a lot.  But I still don't feel great. I do think i have a little more energy than previous weeks, i'm going on two days straight without a nap so that's a good sign (and helps my night sleeping).  MH is really helping to make sure i eat enough, because when i feel icky my gut reaction is to not eat which makes everything worse. We made a nice dinner last night and he made sure we made enough to have leftovers for our lunches today. 

Questions: Anyone else dealing with lot of bloat still?? My bloat grows throughout the day to the end of the day i can't button my pants. MH thinks it's hilarious. 

Appointments: I have a higher BMI so i have to do an early GD test. that's on the 10th. I'm nervous mostly because I really don't want GD. MH and i have been really careful with making good choses and i hope that is paying off. I'm not perfect but trying to eat super health for this baby! During the 1 hours wait i'll finally get to meet with my OB and not the nurse. I have some questions about how likely she'll be the one who delivers the baby and since i was on limited exercise (not getting heart rate up and not lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk) I'm wondering how to introduce exercise back into my routine. I did find a prenatal yoga class that starts Feb 20th that i'm excited for.  

In other news, my holiday was great and i was happy to be at my parent's. It was a long trip but we mostly had lots of family time and met up with a few friends. 
  • @blackhottamales - Sorry you're battling nausea so badly, hopefully only a few days left for you (I hear it decreases or disappears in the 2nd tri)!! I feel you on the bloat, but I have been in maternity clothes since I was preggo with my first (circa Oct 2015). They're going to have to pry these things off my body! If you don't mind me asking, how did your doctor determine that your BMI required that early GD testing? Mine's hovering around 29 (using the generic formula, not calipers), but I've not heard mention of it. I see my OB on Wednesday, I'll ask about that, too. If it makes you feel any better, I was the same pre-preggo size with my first and I passed with flying colors ... the test isn't as bad as many say.

I'm a little irritated already because people in my neighborhood shoot off fireworks all [expletive] night long #becausethesouth and it drives me insane. Hormones don't help. It's going to get to the point where I may soon force DH to sell the forever house I absolutely love to avoid 12/31 and 7/4 (also 1/1, 12/24, 12/25 - if there's a holiday, someone's shooting those damn things off). I don't mind them doing it, just not at 11:59pm and right outside my 2 y.o.'s window. Our next-door neighbors are the absolute worst about it, too. Rude.
    **History in Spoiler**

• edited December 2018
    @MamaK225 oh no my BMI is high—36. I doubt at 29 they would test so early. But who knows. My nurse said the best thing for me is don’t carb load the night before and don’t eat Frosted Flakes for breakfast.  

Edit to add: I would be pissed about fireworks too!!!
  • Me: 7w2d

Symptoms: Fatigue, mild nausea if I don’t eat and nausea if I eat too much—it has been easy to catch onto what the baby is telling me to do because obvi he is going to be calling the shots from now on. 

Upcoming appts: 8w u/s 1/7 and 10w is 1/21. I need to find an OB. Yikes. 

Meds: Yes. Done 1/20 the day before 10w and thank goodness because I’m so sick of them.

Do I need to worry about not weaning off or about making sure that 10w is the right time? 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake
    You can always ask your doctor for a refill on your prescriptions if you want to wean off between 10-12 weeks rather than just stopping outright. I know this causes alot of anxiety for IVF moms so do whatever you think will make you feel comfortable. 10 - 12 weeks is the normal stopping point for the meds; every doctor does it slightly differently, I think. Mine told me to stop at 12 weeks and I timed up the stopping with my first OB appointment so I could get reassurance that all was well. Something to think about.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @suzycupcake I think you should be good with the meds. My dr weaned me off the last week or so. My last shot was the same day as my 1st OB appt at 11 weeks. Like was just said, it maybe worth asking if they can wean you off them, just for a peace of mind. I had to go in once or twice during it to monitor my progesterone levels to make sure everything was going as planned. I know how nice it is to be finally done with them! :smile:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Thanks ladies. My biggest concern is more about science than my comfort level. Are they guessing when the placenta might take over? 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake Call / email you nurse. Most everyone I know was off PIO by 10 - 11 weeks. There's a point that your body takes over and makes it's own progesterone naturally. If concerned, I'd have them do blood draws and test it. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• I contacted them. Not sure why I didn’t do that before instead of worrying. So the Nurse told me that typically the placenta takes over at that point. I said okay but you guys aren’t 100% certain though right? I went through the list of all of the molds I broke during IUI and IVF when they tried to use one size fits alls on me. She said okay well you can have your OB check Progesterone after you stop because he (the RE) will not check unless it’s absolutely necessary. 

Initially, she had said the placenta can be seen on an u/s to see that everything is okay. I questioned that with the fact that the placenta can be there but without a Progesterone test after stopping, they would have no idea if the placenta is producing its own P. 

Well that shit and her responses arent good enough for me. I didn’t pay $20K to have them guess at shit nor did I pay that much to have the RE not measure my baby at every single u/s appointment which was my second question to her. She said the other Nurse didn’t chart how big the baby was at that time. I said well that’s because he didn’t measure. If this keeps up, I’ll go to a new RE right the F now to make sure I get what I’m paying for. Mama bear in full force. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake - I've got my last RE appt on the 14th at 9w3d and I'm going to ask the same, maybe stop with the PIO and estrace around 10 or 11 weeks and keep with the prometrium until 12. I've also got my appt with my OB tomorrow (the lady told me Wed, Jan 3rd ... but she meant Thurs :| ) and will ask his opinion, too, as he is very familiar with the process, meds, etc. I'm ready to be done with the shots, but if it's closes any potential gap in deficiencies - where my body isn't 100% producing yet - I'm totally ok with continuing on. So we'll see.

Does anyone know if the MaterniT21 test is included with high risk or geriatric pregnancies? I was on another group and they said that it was accurate with multiples, so I was wondering if that would be better to do re: down's testing than just the normal test. Since it might get convoluted (?) with more than one baby in there? Just throwing it out there, in case someone knows :) Trying to get as much free stuff as possible because all of this has tapped us out. LOL.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 Yes, if you’re 35 or older the MaterniT21 test should be covered by insurance. Mine was, initially the OB told me to call my insurance to double check so i did and they said the OB office needed to call them ... anyway, yes it was covered under my insurance being over 35. I would definitely run your concerns by your OBs office they will for sure have the answer. 

@suzycupcake They weaned me off after I stopped my PIO/endometrin combo at 8 weeks and continued with JUST endometrin 3 x day till 10 weeks but yes the placenta does takes over. If you feel more comfortable continuing progesterone till 12 weeks I’m sure if let them know you would feel more comfortable weaning off they will let you. I know It’s hard to trust our bodies after they have let us down before BUT have a little faith, your body will take over at some point  :) I stopped everything at 10 weeks and I’m pretty sure mostly everyone stops around then.
  • @ndz2018 - Thanks! I guess that's one perk of being labeled as Ancient ;) Worst case, I don't mind paying for it because I'm also nervous that they might be too squished at 16-20 weeks to get a clear picture. And that makes sense about the meds, I will definitely ask both my docs for their opinions. I agree, less is more and my body's gotta do it on its own at some point :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Had my first OB visit (I don't remember it taking FOREVER last time, but maybe now that I'm "elderly" they have to do more?) today. Well, it looks like one of the babies isn't growing any more, but the other one is right on track and even jiggled a little for us. A bit sad, but thankful and happy that one looks like it's going to make it! I have my last RE appt on the 14th, I know my doc (and my nurse, especially) is going to be super sad. At least now, I can dial it back a little on my nutrition ... it is a lot harder than I thought to hit 125g of protein every day. 
    **History in Spoiler**

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2019
    @MamaK225 I’m so sorry to hear That one of the babies isnt growing. Sending you lots of love and light doll. If you need to talk 
    Feel free to reach out. 
  • @MamaK225 so sorry to hear this, but i'm happy the other LO did a little jig for you.  I hear you on protein--i started eating two eggs for breakfast every day just to help with protein because my oatmeal wasn't cutting it.
  • lurking from 2nd tri... @MamaK225 - I'm so sorry about baby #2. I'm glad everything is ok with the other baby. sending love your way!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • teenad82teenad82 member
    edited January 2019
    @MamaK225 sorry about baby #2. Same thing happened to me. Found out several weeks ago that I would likely have a vanishing twin. It hung on for a while but doctor only saw yolk sac today so it’s official. 

@suzycupcake I also struggle with eating. I don’t have much of an appetite for anything and when I eat I take a couple bites and I’m full. If I eat too much my stomach gets upset. I don’t know if it’s nausea but it seems these days that my stomach is always upset whether I eat or not 🙄. 

AFM
    I had my appointment today and baby is doing great. HB was 168 and baby was wiggling around. I was terrified that there would be no baby so I was super relieved. I’ve lost several pounds with all the stress. 
  • Hi!  I’m moving over from the Infertility board. 

Me:  6w5d, EDD August 28

Symptoms:  Fatigue, general food aversion/intermittent nausea, peeing constantly. 

Meds:   Estradiol 4mg twice a day, 1ml PIO, 1 prometrium suppository 

Upcoming appointments:  7 week ultrasound Monday after next (1/14). Transfer to OB on 2/1

I waited to join here until I had a good first ultrasound, which happened this morning!  6w1d, not sure if the size but baby had a strong heartbeat of 145. 
  • @elvedon
    Congrats on the good u/s! It's such a huge milestone :smile:
    <--fellow auntie turned mommy

@MamaK225
    I'm sorry to hear about the vanishing twin -- I had the same thing happen (two heartbeats at the first u/s, only one at the second). My RE said it happens more than we realize in twin pregnancies. The second sac stayed in my U/S until around the 15 week mark. Vanishing twin also means you can't do the NIPT (fetal DNA testing) since it is going to pick up the DNA of the abnormal/not developing embryo. The only one that claims to be somewhat accurate in vanishing twin pregnancies is the Panorama test, but I just skipped the NIPT and relied on the anatomy scan to make sure all was well. I figured I didn't need the extra stress of a potentially false positive on the first trimester screening!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @elvedon Welcome and congratulations! Great heartbeat!!
  • @blackhottamales - Yes! Eggs are always my go-to and savior for getting enough protein. Same when I was preggo with DD. And - afterwards - I had found studies that eggs are one of the BEST sources during pregnancy, it really gives a boost to eye and brain development of the babies, so keep it up <3

Everyone: thank you so much for the thoughts, I'm doing much better and trying to focus on my little fighter and no stressing about it.

@teenad82 - I thought about you when I got the news, it's kind of a blessing and a curse to know things so early when this is such a "common" occurrence. My husband was freaking out a lot more, I think, because I knew everything continued so well for you. Hoping I keep trending that way :) 
    **History in Spoiler**