Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment week of 12/31

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had?
Me 43 DH 45
Married 12/2016
TTC #1 since 04/2015
AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
7 retrievals, 3 transfers
Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

Re: IF Testing and Treatment week of 12/31

• Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained, Endometriosis.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Letrozole + IUI #1

How are things going?:  I just had my midcycle appointment this morning. I had a 16mm follicle on my left and a 12mm on my right. The doctor said that was pretty small so I'm kind of disappointed. I guess I was expecting them to be bigger from the letrozole. She said the 12mm might catch up by the time I O. She said that lining looked good at 6. Still waiting on my bloodwork results.

Any questions?: I guess I'm just feeling pressure. My doctor at my initial meeting told me we'd wait for me to ovulate and use OPK's for the IUI but then I got a sheet today that shows pharmacies I can pick up a trigger shot if I don't ovulate by Wednesday? The communication has been pretty bad all around with this RE clinic. I've seen different doctors for my appointments and it's all been really confusing.

Anyways to my question. Usually I don't O until CD 16-18ish but I kind of feel like their putting me on a schedule of a 14 day O. I'm at CD 12 right now. Is this normal? Is there a chance my follies will grow more in the next couple days to be much bigger? Should I be worried about the 16mm size even though I took the letrozole. It's made me think maybe my eggs weren't growing and that's why I've been having trouble ttc?

Sorry for the questions. This is just my very first one so it's all new to me.

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had? I've normally been really low key for a lot of New Years. I'm sure there was a drunken crazy party somewhere in there but nothing pops out at me off the top of my head.
  • @littleredmI'm sorry things are so confusing. I wish I could offer some insight but I'm too new to all this. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 
    TBD. Final results meeting on the 16th

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Benched

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Testing cycle. Sono HSG is Thur morning 😬

How are things going?: Going.... I'm both dreading and looking forward to Thur. Having to abstain is killing DH. He also had his SA on Fri and his comment to me was "I had to pay $175 to masturbate today". It's pretty lame that his ins considers the SA to be treatment and not diagnostic.

Any questions?: nothing at the top of my head

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had? I use to go hang out with my girlfriends (when we were much yonger....). It was just a house party but as the only sober group member, it was always funny for me 😂
  • Loading the player...

• Diagnosis (if you've been): DOR, AMA and Autoimmune stuff thrown in with thyroid issues for good measure

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Officially benched, unofficially making the most of the holidays

How are things going?:
    Had a really relaxing week off with DH on our “staycation”. Back to work on Wednesday - followed by thyroid follow up on Thursday and an exam on Friday. So I really should be studying rather than being on here! 
    I also started over a week ago using our exercise bike building up by just 1-2 minutes per day. And I’m going to try a daily yoga thing for new year starting tomorrow. Let’s see how that goes once I’m back at work and trying to manage fitting it in around my long work hours.
    Really hoping that my thyroid is close to normal on Thursday and that my 7dpo labs come back all normal next week - if yes then we can consult for what next - most likely an ERA and Hysteroscopy combined in one cycle.

Any questions?: Nope

I wrote this question as DH and I were talking and saying how we are not big NYE people. Then I realized I have done a few wilder things in my time for NYE - one was spent on a yacht in Sydney Harbour with the worlds best view of the fireworks on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. And 2 years ago DH and I flew to Vegas and got married (we live in Europe...) without telling our families or friends before - just sent a “Happy New Year” Message with a photo of us with “just married” across it! 

@littleredm
    So 16mm and 12mm are close enough that it might be possible to have them both within mature range if you trigger. If you go for natural ovulation it is unlikely more than one ovulates with that gap, but also still possible.
    If you think that follicles grow “normally” 1.5-2mm per day, and that follicles when they ovulate are typically between 24-30mm then I would say the size of your follicles matches perfectly your normal CD for ovulation. For some people the meds shorten or lengthen their cycles - for others it doesn’t. Even injectibles don’t change my cycle length!!! 
    Go with your gut and don’t just let them make you trigger on Wednesday if you’re not getting darker OPKs by then - I would recommend you insist to go back in for another scan on Wednesday (if no positive OPK) and see how much your follicles have grown. If your 16mm is 20mm and your 12mm is 16mm you could trigger but only the bigger one is likely to be mature. They could however then agree to let you trigger Thursday or Friday and have a chance with both.
    Also remember measuring follicles with US is dependent on th person and the equipment so it’s give or take on the measurements. 
    When you go back ask them to check again your lining measurement - 6mm is actually pretty thin, so I’m not sure why she told you that was good and most clinics won’t do IVF transfers at that thickness. Also ask them if it’s tri laminar. Once you’ve seen that on the US yourself once you’ll know what to look for any other time too as a good thick tri laminar lining jumps off the screen at you.
    Longer Follicular phase *can* indicate issues with egg quality, but it’s absolutely not a 1:1 relationship so I would say, as difficult as it is, try to not worry this first time. If it works you know it’s not, if it doesn’t you might need to see if the same happens next time and then discuss it with your RE. The more you work through treatment the more possible causes of unexplained are found. 
    Any more questions either ask here or don’t be afraid to ask your clinic. 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @littleredm I wish I could help with your questions. I hope everything turns out well for you! When(ish) is your IUI? I’ll be thinking of you!
    @prpl11butterfly that’s stupid that YH’s SA is considered treatment. Insurance is so dumb sometimes! FX for your sono on Thursday!

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I took clomid for the first time. That’s about it!

How are things going?: pretty well. I’m on vacation with DH and yesterday when we were hiking through the woods, I experienced a random moment of peace with everything. Just hoping it lasts because I’ve been super negative about all of this lately!

Any questions?: none that I can think of at the moment! 

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had? Used to go crazy in college / right out of college. I can’t think of a particular year that was crazier than the others...we used to go pretty hard. It makes me shudder to think about it 🤣
  • @littleredm Our RE said Typically follies grow 2mm every day/every other day so they could definitely get bigger. Good luck!
    @prpl11butterfly Good luck on Thursday. Is this your first HSG?
    @emmasemm That is so awesome you went to Vegas to get married! What a great story and memory. 
    @b_1029 How is the clomid treating you?

Diagnosis (if you've been): MFI

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WFFET

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Stopped BCP on Thursday, waiting for my period to start estrogen and PIO for the FET

How are things going?: Things are going! Just waiting for my period to get things rolling. This last week has been great, with Christmas and my birthday and NYE today, lots of drinks and good food and good people to spend my time with.

Any questions?: For these dreaded PIO shots, anyone out there that does them yourself? I did all my own shots for our retrieval but these seem to be a bit more difficult.

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had? Last year for sure! Both DH and I enjoyed the open bar a bit too much, danced like fools and dont remember getting home. Woke up with a Dominos pizza in our bed LOL.
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @littleredm Sorry, I'm no help either.  It must be really frustrating working with so many different people at your clinic.  Is there any way they would let you schedule appointments with primarily one doctor?  I guess it depends more on who's on the day you need to go in, but still, frustrating.

@prpl11butterfly Good luck on Thursday!!  I am so hopeful you get the answers you need on the 16th.  And hopefully you're off the bench soon!

@emmasemm Good luck on Thursday and on Friday! I've been super lazy lately and am really excited again to start running on Wednesday.  It's time to get the holiday weight off.

@b_1029 I'm glad you've been able to relax, and I hope you can hold onto the feeling!  This is all so stressful and all too often we ignore our mental health to focus on what's going on physically. 

AFM:

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained RPL

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Benched.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Saline sono as soon as AF decides to grace me with her presence.

How are things going?: Eh, they're going.  Not much has changed, except the realization that all of my TTC symptom spotting on FF means absolutely nothing since I still have them.  I have a gorgeous chart too. So that's kind of taken the excitement of charting away.  Otherwise, we've spent the holiday working on our bathroom remodel.  DH is telling me to hurry up and get off TB so we can go back to the tile store.  :D

Any questions?: Nope, not today.

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had?  You know, I don't really remember the wildest NYE. . . lol.  Probably the best NYE is Y2K.  My friend's parents went to a friend's house and made us promise to fill up the bathtub in case the world stopped working and they didn't have any water.  Another friend brought over a dirty movie she found in her brother's room, since we'd never seen one.  We were appalled and horrified and disgusted (it was not a good starter dirty movie), and forgot to fill up the bathtub.  We didn't realize we'd failed until after midnight, when the world kept spinning.  Anyway, looking back, it was just a really good night with really good childhood friends.
  • @kobrien827 I felt like crap while taking it, but have felt fine since stopping. My O pain was a little more painful than normal but I didn’t notice anything else. We must have close birthdays,  mine was the 29th! I’m glad you’ve had a good week before everything starts for your FET!
    @ruby696 lol at that NYE story! Crazy to think of how everyone thought the world was going to end. That’s exciting about the bathroom remodel! Boo to the misleading chart. 
  • @b_1029 Mine is the 28th! Happy late birthday! Glad you are feeling better since stopping the clomid :) 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @b_1029 glad you are able to find some peace while on your vacation.

@ruby696 have fun with your bathroom remodel! I’m going to vicariously live through all of you doing home renovations and wait for the day I can finally do it too lol. Love your NYE story!

@kobrien827 happy belated birthday! Lots of December babies here, mine was the 23rd! 

@prpl11butterfly good luck with your hsg!

Diagnosis (if you've been): unknown rpl, currently going through testing 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): benched

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): waiting for results from karyotyping, waiting for January cycle to start to schedule a saline sono

How are things going?: still in limbo, but moving in the right direction. Ordered opk’s and pt’s so I’ll be ready when all the testing is done. For now, just enjoying being stress free while benched and reconnecting with dh. 

Any questions?: I don’t think so

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had? I think it was the year I turned 21? Went bar hopping with a bunch of friends and ran up a $700 bar tab...that we somehow got out of 🤷🏻‍♀️. Got to take the train home on New Years still drunk from the night before. Now I’m lame and can barely make it to midnight. 
  • @prpl11butterfly my DH is the same about how much his testing samples and his samples for IVF cost us! He also gets frustrated with all the benching.

@b_1029 hold onto that peace you found!

@kobrien827 the most tricky thing I found with the PIO and IM shots was getting them in the right spot myself. Contorting myself hurt more than the shot, do DH did all the backside ones. And get your nurse to draw circles so you have a target to aim for if you do them yourself, perspective in the mirror can be weird

@ruby696 welcome to the realization that all the “AF symptoms are the same as PG symptoms” comments are completely true. Sometimes I’ve even found myself after retrieval when no embryo has been put back still questioning my symptoms and my chart!!! I blame it all on progesterone, that hormone is responsible for sending many sane women crazy each TWW! 

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @prpl11butterfly I think it's crazy that insurance doesn't count SA as diagnostic. FX for your HSG test.
    @emmasemm Thank you so much for your response. It was really helpful and informative. I'll definitely take your advice to ask for another scan on Wednesday and will push back a bit if I feel like they're trying to rush the trigger. So glad that you had a nice Staycation and FX for your exam on Friday! <3
    @b_1029 My guess is my IUI will probably fall around Friday but not too sure just yet. Maybe when I get my blood work results back later today I'll have a better idea. I don't feel close to O now though as far as CM goes. Hiking in the woods sounds amazing! I'm glad you had a moment of peace and serenity.
    @kobrien827 Hoping that AF starts soon so that you can get things moving. That New Years sounds like an awesome time!
    @ruby696 I remember Y2K but your story is way better than whatever I did. It sounds like a hilarious time. It's VERY frustrating having to see different doctors. The last one I saw was super warm and friendly but the one today was like all business, rushed through and felt very cold and clinical which is why I didn't really feel comfortable asking questions.

• *** lurking*** just in case this is helpful for other ladies...
    @littleredm follies typically grow 1-2 mm per day. the 2 RE's I have seen would consider anything over 18mm mature and would trigger. It is possible your little one could catch up (especially if you O later). Do you have a nurse case manager that is the point person for you to talk to? it might be good to check in. Just that way you feel comfortable with the plan and what is going to happen. I personally prefer a trigger, but that's just because I have seen so many ladies on here have issues with timing based solely off of OPK's and I sometimes get one day of positive and other cycles 4 days before I actually O. Just because you O later doesn't mean you have an egg issue. Also as a note on the same dose of letrozole over 8 cycles I would have anywhere from 1-4 mature follies... I have no idea what the difference was.
    @emmasemm I think RE's have different guidelines for lining thickness with IUI vs IVF. my lining was never thicker than 6.5 even with estrogen supplementation and the RE's were always happy with that.

lurking and rooting for all you ladies. IF sucks
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @littleredm I can see that it would be hard to ask questions when you don't have time to establish a relationship with one doctor. I would have a hard time with that too.  FX you get the nice woman doctor again next time!

@kobrien827 and @b_1029 Happy belated birthday!
  • @littleredm Sorry your clinic experience hasn't been the greatest so far. Mine was pretty horrible at the beginning too, like they're *impossible* to get ahold of when you need them. They just don't answer the phone, you have to leave multiple messages but they do call you back eventually. GL this week, hopefully your follies keep growing and you'll be in good shape for your IUI! 
    @prpl11butterfly GL with your HSG! I chuckled at YH's comment about basically paying to masturbate. Luckily our SAs are covered here in Canada but we do have to pay $500 per sperm wash and MF thinks that's a total rip off. He's not wrong. 
    @emmasemm you win NYE! FX for good news at your follow up on Thursday. and GL with your exam! 
    @b_1029 happy belated birthday, my friend!! <3 Glad you're enjoying your vacation with YH. Sorry about the lack of sleep. I usually feel like I need a vacay from my vacay when I get back anyway, I just don't sleep well in strange places, loud neighbours or otherwise. It's a true testament to how good the bed/lodgings are if I actually sleep. 
    @kobrien827 dominos in your bed? Bahaha that's awesome. GL with your PIO shots. // and happy belated birthday to you too!! 
    @ruby696 I still have all my symptoms through AF too so that was pretty deflating. How's the remodel going? Picking out tiles was both exciting and awful for us because we could not make a decision to save our lives. But I'm sooo happy with what we went with in the end. // GL with your saline sono, hopefully AF shows soon so you get things rolling. 
    @kbrown2385 whoa, how did you get out of having to pay that bar tab? That's impressive. Glad you've been able to use your time on the bench to reconnect with YH, that part is so important and so often neglected during this whole process. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS (an-ovulatory), mild MFI 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Unsure, next appt is Jan 2nd. 

How are things going?: I had a pretty major meltdown last week when I felt AF coming on, and then throughout CD1 I was basically a wreck. I had such high hopes last cycle and my clinic fed the BSC so when it didn't work it all came crashing down. I'm feeling a lot better about it now, and feel like I've gained some much-needed perspective on the situation but boy I want off this rollercoaster. I don't like rides. 

Any questions?: I called my RE's office in a panic when I felt AF coming because they're closed between Christmas and New Years so if I wanted to start the letrozole between CD3-5 it would be impossible. She scheduled me for the first appt of the day on Jan 2nd but it'll already be CD6. Is that too late to take it? Should I be mentally preparing myself to be SOL this cycle? 

GTKY: What is the funniest or wildest New Years Eve you’ve ever had? I'm pretty boring. I honestly can't think of anything remarkable. My favourite NYE have always been spent with my Dad. My Mom always has a big euchre party and neither of us ever wanted to go so we'd hang out at my place and make a nice meal (once year it was lobster tails and steaks) and just stay in. It was nice. In Japanese culture New Years Day is when we go all out with big feasts. We used to have to go to 5-7 different places on New Years Day between family and friends. Now it's only 2. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @emmasemm TB is so much more fun the studying... gl on your exam. And FX that all your results come back good.

@b_1029 sounds like the hike was just what you needed. May the new year bring you many more moments like that.

@kobrien827 yes, this will be my first. I'm intrigued but also worried they could find something problematic. 

@ruby696 tiling was such a chore. Hope it goes smoothly! 

@kbrown2385 I'm glad that the benching is helping you and YH. I have to agree for us too. It's nice to know that we can still want to be with each other for reasons other then baby making.

@kiki047 that sounds like a perfect NYE. I go to my parents every year now and just hang out with them. Steak is always included!
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited December 2018
    @littleredm I’m sorry things are all over the place and you don’t have a strong relationship with any one doctor. I’d put in a call to ask to talk to someone so you at least understand what’s going on, when, why, etc! You say you’re waiting for BW- is that you CD3 bw or something different? We aren’t even able to proceed with anything until all of the baseline testing is done.
    @prpl11butterfly SA as treatment instead of diagnostic? That’s so silly, ugh! Good luck on Thursday- I thought the HSG was unpleasant but not terrible with four Ibuprofen on board.
    @emmasemm back to work is always tough! I hope it’s a smooth transition and that BW comes back looking good. I think you won craziest New Years with your elopement!
    @b_1029 I love hiking for that very reason :) It really brings me calm and happiness when everything else in life is all over the place. Enjoy your vacation!
    @kobrien827 I lol’d at the pizza in your bed :D I hope AF arrives soon so you can get the show on the road, woo!
    @ruby696 I feel ya on the charting...ugh. When will I learn to knock off the TWW googling? Good luck with the tile hunting!
    @kbrown2385 that’s an impressive tab to have evaded! Wowzer!
    @kiki047 I’m so sorry for the letdown. This process is a tough one for sure :disappointed: Hope everything works out with the meds timing!

AFM, not much has changed since last week. Tried to schedule hubs’ SA multiple times this week and the phone isn’t getting answered so finally just left a message. Hopefully that’ll be Jan 9th and we can schedule to meet with RE and form plan sometime this month. Today was CD1 (7dpo again) so that's always a bummer, plus I picked up a cold at work and do not want to do anything at all tonight. Hope everyone has a safe night :)<3
  • @wabash15 Thank you for your advice. I just heard back from the nurse and the plan is that they will trigger if I don't surge before 1/6/19. That'll give a good chunk of time for my follies to grow I hope. My blood work indicated I'm not going to be surging in the next two days most likely.
    @kiki047 that sounds very similar to mine. Impossible to get a hold of unless you leave several messages. I'm not sure if CD 6 is too late but I really hope it isn't so that you can move forward for this cycle. <3
    @swiftlet it was my midcycle appointment blood work which I got back and now have a plan for moving forward with the IUI based on opk surge or trigger shot if I don't surge by Jan 6th. Sorry for CD1. That's always rough. :( I hope you feel better soon from your cold too!
  • @kiki047 Ugh, I'm so sorry. I remember the things your RE was saying to you. Of course you had your hopes up.

@Swiftlet I hope your RE gets back to you quickly so you can get something going this month. Sorry you're sick. I'll be spending tonight in my pjs and I'm not even sick. Just old!

Re: remodel - I have three blisters on my hands from not bothering to wear gloves while grouting the shower floor, but the floor is done! MH has spent all morning cutting tile for the herringbone floor. I think I got the better deal, even with blisters. :D
  • @littleredm ah, I gotcha. Hopefully that’s plenty of time for good follicle growth :)
  • @littleredm you probably have all the answers you need on your questions, but you sound like you're similar to my cycles. I typically O on CD17-19. My first US was on CD12 and I had 2 follicles, one at 12mm the other at 13mm. They want to trigger when the follicle is at least 20mm. I had a 2nd US 3 days later and had 1 follicle at 19mm so they had me trigger the next day. I wasn't told to do any OPKs as they basically take over the cycle with the letrozole and trigger.

Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): letrozole, trigger, IUI #1, progesterone suppositories

How are things going?: good, is it the 10th yet??? 

Any questions?: Nah

I was asleep for most of this, but at Christmas DH and his sister had received the game Wipeout for Xbox Kinect and the guys were playing it during the NYE party. Well, none of them had thought to actually read the instructions on the gestures and motions to get your character to stop between obstacles so they were basically trying to run through the whole thing without stopping which, if you've seen the show, you can't just run through and expect to actually make it through all the obstacles. I woke up a few hours later when they were at the end of the game and only then did they see what the gesture was to get their characters to stop. *Eye roll* men... Lol never reading the instructions  :D
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • FX for you @inthewoods23 - TWW is the worst!
  • @kiki047 I wanna say the guys we were with knew the bartender or owner...something. I really don’t remember at this point. It was so long ago lol.

@inthewoods23 good luck for your tww! 
  • @prpl11butterfly mmm steak. I have a ribeye in my fridge that has my name allll over it for tonight. MF doesn't eat a lot of red meat so I'm going to town on this one. 
    @swiftlet thank you. So sorry for CD1. Hope the clinic gets back to you today so you can get the SA scheduled. 
    @littleredm that's great news about your IUI! Will be thinking about you tomorrow! 
    @ruby696 I don't want to get the tech in trouble but now I know why they're not supposed to comment on results. My RE would be pissed if he knew some of the things she was saying. Ah well. She was just trying to be encouraging. Moving on. 
    @inthewoods23 how did the first few days of progesterone go? Was it weird that they were cold? 

AFM, it's too late to start the letrozole so this will just be a monitored natural cycle. Next steps will be to do some more testing. AMH for me and SCSA for him. I don't think we want to do IVF before the wedding (July) so depending on the results of those tests we'll decide if we are going to try IUI or if we just wait it out and go straight to IVF later this summer. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 surprisingly no! It doesn't feel that cold and you don't feel much of the cold once it's up there. Always gross as it melts though...
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @littleredm hope your IUI goes/went well this morning!
  • @prpl11butterfly @littleredm good luck today! I hope everything goes smoothly!
  • Sorry I've been mia for a few days. Trying to prep for end of year at work and there were some accounting issues I had to chase down yesterday.

Quick update on me before I catch up here... Freshly home from my HSG. So far feeling okay but decided to take the day from work still for mental health (and because I need to take a break from yesterdays issues). Since most of our results have come back, we met after the HSG to discuss. I'm basically being diagnosed as unexplained unless the chromosomes say otherwise. We are going to move forward with a TI & Progesterone cycle next and see. If there is another loss (excluding CP) we will have to decide if we want to do IVF or not.
  • @prpl11butterfly I'm glad the procedure went well, but I'm sorry you didn't get the answers you were hoping for. FX for your next cycle.
  • @littleredm fx that everything went smooth and turns out successful!

@kiki047 we dont eat a ton of red meat either. I like to hold out and the have something really good once in a while. Hope yours turns out delicious!

• Has anyone not had any symptoms while on progesterone during their TWW? Nothing seems different than normal for me and last night was day 4 of the suppositories.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 By symptoms do you mean KU symptoms or symptoms from the progesterone? I do not notice anything different when I'm on progesterone other than zero spotting when I typically would start to spot. 
  • @nomangos23 symptoms of the progesterone. I know they can mimic KU symptoms (not that I know what that's like anyway :'( ). I thought maybe I would start to feel those kinds of symptoms earlier than normal being on progesterone. But if feeling nothing different is normal then cool. Would probably help me from going crazy with SS anyway until Thursday
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I didn't have any symptoms on progesterone either. Hang in there!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Okay, finally at CD1. So I have a question. My RE wants me to call on CD1 to schedule my saline sono. But the paperwork also says the answering service doesn't take messages and the doctor will return all calls. Does anyone think I'm actually going to talk to someone today? Seems unnecessary. 
  • Call tomorrow. My paper work says call on CD 1 but call next business day if it's for the sono.
  • That makes more sense @prpl11butterfly. Thanks!