Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 1/2

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 1/2

• Loading the player...
  • @galentine I'm always amazed at what some people think is appropriate to put on the interwebz 🤣 I'm LOLing at just your recap of the story. 
  • @kimmer1412 Your timing still looks good to me! Quick Q about FF (I've been wondering this for months and just now asking). In the BD row, does "AM" vs "PM" indicate the time of day for BD? And if so, what does just the X mean? 

@galentine that is hilarious! "I didn't have a ruler handy". And OMG I would be so embarrassed of my Google history the past several months. I'm sure I've Googled "globby CM" at least twice. 

Month/cycle: 8

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: all the things, but at the moment, none of those things. 

R/R: Any Lemony Snicket fans? Watched the first episode of the third "season" last night and I'm super excited to see how they do the last few books. And also, went to yoga so overall a solid start to 2019 (:

CS/Q: I lost my BBT so I'm thinking of not temping this cycle. It sort of intrigues me. 
  • @jennifer_louise yes AM/PM is time of day for BD you can choose none,yes, AM,PM, or  both. It puts an X if you choose yes for BD. I usually choose AM/PM but we had an afternoon quickie the other day and I wasn't sure how to classify so I just selected yes LOL. 
  • *waves*  Hi ladies!  Hope everyone had a nice New Year's.  Hoping to be more involved now that I can be back on TB on my PC.  The app is just so awful!

@galentine Oh my god... butt slime.   :D:D:D Dead.  And where is the field for CM length in FF?  Amazing.

Month/Cycle: 6/3

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: FF, OPKs, prenatals, sex every other

R/R: Just that I am so so so relieved the holidays are over and hopefully life can settle back into normal a bit.  Despite it being the toughest Christmas in a while, it was also really nice, but I'm just ready to go back to life as usual.

CS/Q: I didn't start temping until today because of travelling, and I can find my BBT, so I had to use a regular one.  So might be garbage data this month, but at least I can get myself back into the habit when I wake up.  I almost forgot this morning.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @kimmer1412 I definitely watched too many movies growing up because the concept of men not being in the mood still shocks me to this day. And yet it happens all the time, lol. I hope YH can rally so you can get a couple more good tries in there this cycle! 
    @galentine your story is hilarious! Rulers in the bathroom are hardly ever for anything innocent... like you know the only things guys would measure are their junk or the size of their poop... I can't think of anything I'd need to measure in a bathroom other than maybe my hair? :lol: 
    @jennifer_louise I use the X on FF to indicate non-finishers for us, and also make a note of it. Your WAYDTGKU made me smile this morning. I feel ya. 
    @brookert615 Woo hoo to starting the year off with a clean house. I say embrace that feeling while it lasts lol. I'm in the same mood, will be tackling the office/spare room next (that will eventually become a nursery). 
    @littleredm I'm so excited for you tomorrow! Keeping all the things crossed for you!!
    @marebear15 welcome back! We've missed you too! Hope you had a great break, and happy new year!
    @shamrocandroll I agree on wanting life to go back to normal. 

Month/Cycle: 13/10 

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU:  PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Vit B12, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Metformin, Ovasitol, PCOS/low carb diet, HIO, softcups, acupuncture

R/R: Rant: I'm a little bummed that the timing didn't work out to start the letrozole this month because of the holidays, so we're just doing a monitored natural cycle. I know that realistically the letrozole didn't really increase the chances of actual fertilization so whatever happens, happens. And doing a monitored cycle will at least help take some of the guesswork out of if/when I'll O, AND the metformin should help with ovulation too (increasing my dosage again). But it still feels like a setback. Trying very hard to hold on to that glimmer of reassurance from earlier in the week where I felt the tiniest bit of relief that maybe I'll still fit in my wedding dress in July... that feeling is fading quick though. *TW* I spent most of NYE cuddling my nephew and ohhhhhh god my ovaries. *end TW* 

Raves: apparently my fasting glucose level was good, even without the metformin, so that's reassuring. 

CS/Q: Will post once I have a few more temps now that AF has left the premises. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @marebear15 Where u been all my life?? I hope you had a great holiday! Yesterday i went to "hot" yoga, which I hadn't done for years but just wanted to try something different. The whole time I was dripping sweat and pretty sure I was suffocating but I felt great after! Normally I do just the "flow" style. I like what you said about New years! In general, I approve of resolving to make positive changes and Jan 1 is as good a time as any! 

@littleredm OoooOooOh super excited for you tomorrow! Eager to hear how it goes. 

@kiki047 I feel you on the disappointment of the cycle. And also I don't know if I said this but your dress is *epic*. Is it bad to say I hope it doesn't fit by the time you need to wear it?! 

• Hi all! I hope everyone had a happy New Years! 

@kimmer1412 Sorry about your H. Hopefully, he's in a better mood tonight. 
    @galentine OMG. I'm DED at that story. 
    @jennifer_louise Yoga sounds like a great way to start off the new year. 
    @bookert615 I think I caught the same cleaning bug. I want to do a deep clean/declutter every room in my house. I think I'm going to start with my kitchen this weekend. 
    @littleredm Good luck with your IUI tomorrow. I'll have my FX for you! 
    @marebear15 I'm the same way. I always set too high lofty goals and then am upset when I can't reach them. Here's hoping that we can both find some balance this year. 
    @shamrocandroll I couldn't agree more. I'm so happy that the holidays are over. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but this years was so chaotic dealing with the ILs move that I'm so happy that its over. Normally, I keep our tree up through new years, but I couldn't wait to take it down and put everything away over the weekend. 
    @kiki047 I hope this cycle is it for you and you don't even need the letrozole. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV. I'll probably start OPKs on Friday. 

R/R: My ILs are moving on Friday. It's definitely a mix of emotions. I am sad for my H (the sale of his childhood home and his parents moving so far away is hitting him hard). But then there's this part of me that's also extremely happy that there will now be about 1500 miles between me and my MIL. :D

CS/Q: Nothing now. 

Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @jennifer_louise thaaank you! Part of me is hoping it doesn't fit, and the other part of me is ok with the timing. I know I'm a giant stressball on the best of days so the idea of being KU while planning a wedding is already stressing me out because I don't want to put myself (or my future unborn children) through that. As much as I tell myself I need to relax, it never happens. I gave myself TWO cold sores stressing over the holidays. That's a new personal record. 
    @klstone25 lol @ your MIL being 1500 miles away. That is definitely a R/R situation. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 Ugh, cold sores.  I hate them so so so much!  Do you take lysine at all?  I found it helps prevent me from getting them a lot!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @brookert615 - We spend yesterday cleaning the yard and the garage, and I felt so good starting off the year like that! I have a cleaning bug now.

@littleredm - Eeek! I'm so excited for you, and have all the things crossed that this will be what you need!

@shamrocandroll - Right?? The app is awful! It kept logging me out, wouldn't let me heart things, etc.

@kiki047 - Oh my word, I'd die if I found a ruler in the bathroom now that you mentioned those things! Hahah! Glad to know I was missed! 
    Did you leave enough room in the dress for some KU boobs?? Those grow before the belly.

@jennifer_louise - Ugh, the thought of hot yoga makes me want to barf. Flow sounds much more my style, but I've never really tried any.

@klstone25 - Did you make any goals this year?
  • @shamrocandroll I don't take lysine but I've read about it and am thinking I should probably start. I've only had about a dozen cold sores in the last 10 years but they always pop up when I'm under a lot of stress so guaranteed I'll get one around my wedding, just cuz.
    @marebear15 hahaha sorry to put those visuals in your head. // and yes, we sized up on all 3 measurements (bust, hips, waist). I joked I have cleavage in a turtleneck so I'm anticipating that to be a showstopper either way  :lol: 

TTC History:

• @kimmer1412 I'm glad that you had a good day off yesterday. And hooray for a + OPK!
    @galentine Oh my God, "Butt hole slime" is (hopefully) the grossest thing I'm going to hear today.
    @jennifer_louise Okay, so I'm team Kate because I loved Princess Diana and Kate has her ring, which is beautiful and I may or may not have a replica that I got from Epcot in the UK Pavilion. Also, Kate is so classy and sophisticated and wonderfully British and my hick American self just adores that. (Please note that I also love Meghan, but if I have to choose, it's Kate every time.)
    @brookert615 Hooray for organizing! It's the best time of year for that.
    @littleredm GL tomorrow with your IUI! How exciting!
    @marebear15 I agree that making smaller, more attainable goals is best. Look out, 2019! We're comin' for you!
    @kiki047 I hope this monitored cycle helps to give you some peace of mind.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @littleredm Crossing everything that it all goes smoothly for you!!!  <3<3<3

@marebear15 Fresh starts are always good! Totally agree with your viewpoint, sometimes it's better to tackle smaller goals and work up! 

@shamrocandroll Hope you can get back into the routine smoothly! 

@kiki047 Hahah right? I'm thinking of setting aside a half hour each day to a portion of the house to clean and hopefully be able to keep up with it all haha. Wishing this cycle goes smoothly for you! Metformin really helps! 

@klstone25 Deep cleans are so therapeutic!!! That is a tough situation with your ILs - hopefully YH is able to find some peace with them moving so far away!

@elle-0409 I'm sorry you're dealing with all of that! I need to look into that series!!! That's too funny about the vaginal temping LOL.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @kiki047 I took it religiously before my wedding and didn't get one, and my stress was through the roof!!!  Give it a try!

@elle-0409 That last bit made me LOL
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @kiki047 - I have the opposite problem with cleavage (I'm a DD, but wideset??) Expect to grow about 3 sizes during pregnancy! 

@elle-0409 - You get use to temping vaginally after awhile. I think I do it in my sleep and don't really wake up until the beep.
    Btw, I'm Team Kate as well! I just love her style and attempt to model it as best I can.
  • @kiki0147 @shamrocandroll I used to get them once or twice a year but then at the end of college I broke out in them ALL OVER. Like on my arms, my face, my lips, my stomach (que the ew, I know) but then after they cleared up I never had one again. Its been like 8 years... *violently knocking on wood*

@galentine Yessss that story is priceless and I can totally relate to cracking up at something and DH asking what I was laughing at, then laughing even harder b/c no way in hell I'm telling him.

@marebear15 Welcome back!! We missed you!!

@kiki047 What does a monitored natural cycle mean? They will bring you in for ultrasounds and BW to watch your hormones/follicle growth? I was thinking of you this weekend while I was reading "The Infertility Cure" which is by a lady that practices both Eastern and Western medicine. Her Traditional Chinese medicine practices are strikingly convincing and was wondering if you saw any measurable results from your naturopth? Esp now that you know what you know from your RE. 

@elle-0409 lol you always crack me up. Also I wrote the name of that book down. It sounds like something right up my ally! 

*Imma lurker*
  • *lurky loo*

@kiki047 I used to do the lysine everyday (when I was a kid) but now I take Acyclovir/Valacyclovir for my cold sores when I start to get the tingly feeling, lol. They usually don’t even materialize after a few doses of that. My Dr. told me it was safe when pregnant/TTC. I thought I was going to get a TON of them before my wedding day (stress and sunshine are my triggers), but I ended up losing weight instead. 😬 
  • @kiki047 @lillywonderland Oh, yes!  I also do the large doses of Valtrex (Valacyclovir) if I catch it right at the first tingle.  That helps a lot, but I got a little bit paranoid that I was making my cold sores resistant to it when I first started taking it because I suddenly started getting them more often.  Luckily they seem to have slowed down a lot since then.  *knocks so hard on wood* I've been able to go without any for about 2 years now, but I keep the prescription filled just in case!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @elle-0409 oh you crack me up. The best is when I put it in and fall back asleep, and when I jolt awake some time later to get ready for work there have been times when I've forgotten it's there and am suddenly very aware of something probing me in my nether regions. 
    @brookert615 I think I'm finally getting the hang of the metformin. It still upsets my tummy in the morning but it's been much easier on me lately. We'll see how it goes increasing the dosage again. 
    @shamrocandroll @lillywonderland I will definitely ask my GP about those drugs for the future. The first cold sore snuck up on me, I think I'm always in denial about what the tingling is until a blister actually forms, at which point it's too late. Thank god for those polysporin patches, they've saved me. They're bloody expensive but so worth it. 
    @marebear15 I'm also a DD but on a small frame that's pretty busty. Even when I swell during the TWW things can get a little out of hand. So much to look forward to when I get KU, lol. MF likes to remind me he'll "support" me either way *wink wink nudge nudge*. Men. Sigh. 
    @nomangos23 yup, it is exactly as it sounds. No meds, but monitoring EOD for now until closer to ovulation then probably daily until O is confirmed. I just hope I ovulate sooner than usual, last few cycles have been CD31 to 38 (on letrozole it was CD20). I do think my naturopath helped. I was definitely an-o prior to starting with her, and the difference in my charts once I started on her protocols is like night and day. Acupuncture helped even more in that respect. I don't know that I have any measurable data in terms of changes in my hormone levels but symptom-wise I've noticed a change. 

TTC History:

• Random thought: I'm fascinated that there are so many of us who use FF, and yet we all use the X/AM/PM options for HIO just a little differently.

I personally use the X option whenever we HIO during a (perceived) non-fertile time, like early in my cycle or after confirmed O. As in yes, we did HIO today. I use the AM/PM options when I think I'm close to O or just recently O'd, just because it's slightly more specific on the timing.
  • @galentine **asks alexa to add a 12in ruler to my amazon cart, just in case...  :joy:
    I love the way you do the X/AM/PM charting. My chart has been terrible w/ work, the holidays, and wine. It's basically useless this cycle. 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Whole 30 diet, Temping, PNV, Metformin (for PCOS) and of course BDing..

R/R: 1st cycle post IUD removal so wasn’t sure how this would go...excited my body appears to be preparing to O. My rant is SO is OOT until Friday so we shall see...

CS/Q: Open circles cause my sleep is erratic hoping to still get clear biphasic temps we shall see...
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2019
    @kimmer1412 Hope your H gets motivated today! You have every right to have been irritated lol. MH pulled that "not in the mood" last cycle during the 3 most fertile days and I'm *still* salty about it.

@galentine That story is amazing! :p  I'm not bothered by the crazy TMI stuff people share anonymously on the internet, but the ignorance found on BC drives me nuts.  "Butt hole slime" is a new low. :D

@littleredm How exciting tomorrow!  FX all goes perfectly.

@marebear15 I share your sentiment about the New Year too. As someone who always makes resolutions & *kinda* follows some of them, I highly recommend the Passion Planner or the ultimate goal tracker/planner/life guide: the Law of Attraction Planner.  It's awesome in helping you break down monthly goals into weekly goals & having you reflect on your progress at the end of each month.

@kiki047 That dress will look amazing no matter what. And thanks for that tip on how you use the X on FF, I'm gonna start using that as MH had some "fatigue" recently during out BD streak.

@elle-0409 Thanks for that book & videos recc.  Our place is in serious need of some spring organizing & I need some motivation to tackle it.

Month/Cycle: 7/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: So many things, but mostly feeling giddy excited hopeful expectant. I'm a weirdo who loves & anticipates seeing my temp every morning, etc.  Hope to not be disappointed in two weeks...

R/R: *TW--LC & Loss*
    Ugh, my sister mentioned *again* last night how I can't control & plan everything & that maybe I need to stop being so determined to have another baby and just "take a cue" from my recent loss & realize that I need to just be appreciative and grateful for the family I do have.  It really stings that she thinks she can talk about this with me--I never asked for her opinion and haven't been discussing our recent TTC plans with her because she's so judgmental. Also, before our recent loss, I'd been planning our timing for conception for 2 years in advance—delaying it due to work promotions & other stupidity—and I'm still getting over the fact that my well-laid plans of conceiving during our big wedding celebration week actually worked & that all was perfectly on track... until it wasn't 18 weeks later...Devastating. And she had the nerve to give me this same lecture the first day I came out of the hospital after that loss.  Both times it took everything in me to not explode on her. Grrrrrrr!!!

CS/Q: I’m confused so I will put my questions in the Chart Stalk thread.

• @keikilove it was odd because he's ALWAYS in the mood so I was definitely salty that he pulled that nonsense in an important fertile day and didn't give him a choice this morning LOL. 
    edited January 2019
    @kimmer1412 That's right, "Get it, girl!!!" ;)
  • @keikilove, I agree - I'm totally ok with TMI-type posts, but not as ok with ignorant ones. I mean.... butt hole slime?! LOL

Also, (and this feels weird after just saying butt hole slime) but I'm so sorry for your sister's insensitive reactions to your loss. Hugs <3
  • I havent posted in one of these threads for years, I had to search all the acronyms,

Month/Cycle:  10/5

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU:  OPK, BBT, PNV, omega 3, vitamin d, ubiquinol, ketogenic diet

R/R:  OPK is getting darker, so I hope that means positive soon.  DH goes away Monday for work and I hope I O before then. 

CS/Q:  This is my first month temping this go round and my temps are all over the place.  I'm not sure if it's because I am not sleeping well or my body is just crazy. 
    edited January 2019
    I’m so late on this but I just want to share MH’s reaction to the sex schedule this month. After I stayed mad at him for “not being in the mood” during critical days last cycle, he rose to the occasion this cycle & made sure we HIO even when I was tired. When I told him my temp had finally spiked & our streak could be over he said with relief, “So the marathon is over for now? Next time, can we make it a little more sexy? I feel used... I feel dirty...” :D  I LOL-ed, gotta be honest.
  • @keikilove It's so hard to keep it sexy when it's so scheduled!  We're trying hard to be better at this too.  It's just that Tuesday nights aren't exactly my first choice when it comes to sexy time!  There's just so much other stuff to do during the week and not enough time to be sexy.  So those tend to be the "ignore my leg stubble and just do me as quickly as possible so I can go to sleep" nights.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I dont know how I'm just seeing this but yes, YES and YEESSSS
  • @shamrocandroll I dont know how I'm just seeing this but yes, YES and YEESSSS
    ^^ that's what she said. :smirk: 

TTC History: