Options

Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 12/30

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 12/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aug 30th - 5wks 2days

Peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments:
    January 17th at 7wks 6days with the nurse 

How are you feeling?: pretty good, just a tad bit tired. Still waiting for it to really set in that I'm pregnant. 

Rants/Raves: DH has made some off hand comments regarding not being THAT pregnant yet this week when I've complained about non stop peeing. Men. 😑 I'm so beyond annoyed. 

Questions:  anyone else keeping this pregnancy on lock down? We havent even told our parents. I told my best friend who isnt local anymore, but that's only because she was the only one who even knew we started TTC. 

Just want to keep this pregnancy healthy, so I just want to keep active and continue to eat healthier. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31, 5w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Peppercorn 

Upcoming Appointments: Waiting for my Dr’s nurse to call me this week to get me in for an appt at around 8w. I live in NYC and Doc is hugely popular which makes getting appointments more of a challenge. 

How are you feeling?: Sore boobs, exhausted, constipated and experiencing pretty bad sciatica. But also really excited since this is our first. It’s still kind of surreal, but starting to set in that we will be parents!

Rants/Raves: DH and I invited my parents over today for lunch (my sister tagged along) and told them as they are going to be out of the country for the next month and I wanted to make sure they knew and I wanted to tell in person. They were absolutely shocked and over the moon. My mom cried; it was really sweet. I didn’t know if I wanted to tell  this soon, but I’m really happy I did and now have my parents to talk to. We will tell DH’s parents on Tuesday, I know they’ll be excited, but I’m certainly not as close with them so would have liked to hold off, but then again fair is fair. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019? Continuing 3-4x weekly workouts. Eating healthy and staying on track. Keeping a cool and level head and not letting myself spiral into an anxiety black hole as much as possible. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments:  First ultrasound 1/3

How are you feeling?:  Exhausted but excited. 

Rants/Raves:  I am a big ball of excitement and worry about my six week ultrasound next week, and so grateful for the support of my friends who put up with what must already be a tedious level of obsession! 

Questions:  Did anybody else conceive through IVF?  I had my successful FET on 12/10.  And is anybody else just sort of … uninterested in food generally?

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019?  Getting back to the gym once I’m cleared to start exercising again, and avoiding junk food.  
  • Options
    @dogmomma096 I have basically my entire nursery done — I’ve been working on it steadily over the past 4.5 on the theory “if I build it, s/he will come.”  I put off buying a glider, but picked it out a long time ago and will order once I see a good heartbeat at my ultrasound next week.  I don’t have any maternity clothes, though, and the only baby clothes I have is the little Magnetic Me onesie I bought last eeek when my second beta HCG test came back looking great. 
  • Options
    @dogmomma096 , that sounds like a super cute breed mix! I haven't bought anything yet, but I am a STM, so I have some meternity stuff. The after Christmas sales were very tempting though...

@labby18 I am keeping ours on lock down too. My MIL outright asked me if I was pregnant last Friday, so i lied and probably not that well. 

@elvedon I wouldn't say I am disinterested in all food, but I am not into sweets at all right now, which isn't normal for me. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 30 / 5+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: January 9 just to do intake/confirm pregnancy

How are you feeling?:Not terribly pregnant. Nauseous here and there, and pretty moody.

Rants/Raves: As I mentioned above, my MIL asked me outright if I was pregnant, probably only because we have seen them two weeks in a row and I didn't drink either time. I have great in laws, and she really is a lovely person, but I can't help be So. Annoyed. I really don't understand why people ask. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019? To exercise four days a week and to write four days a week. And to drink 64 oz of water every day. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 26, 6w

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip 

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 23

How are you feeling?: getting a bit more queasy than before but still not terrible. Totally exhausted though. 

Rants/Raves: nothing out of the ordinary for now. Just generally annoyed with everything at the moment. lol. I’m becoming a bit touchy. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019? Be more present and on social media a bit less. 
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    peachy0709peachy0709 member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: I shared this in the STM+ check in, but after the shock wore off, I think I'm actually 5w+4 rather than 6w+4, so a end of the month baby!!! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange seed

Upcoming Appointments: January 8 for a dating appointment.  I had been on clomid for DD2 so I was automatically scheduled at 6 weeks the last time anyway

How are you feeling?: Dude, the symptoms hit me over the holiday like a freight train.  My last pregnancy was miserable (HG until 20 weeks, and then gestational diabetes took over!!).  I'm anxious I'm going to have either HG or GD again.  I'm trying to just focus on my work but I am zonked.  

Rants/Raves: I'm a little nervous for a RCS.  A friend shared a practice here that is very open to VBACs, but I'm not sure I want to do that either! 

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019?: I had made a bunch of great goals for 2019, and now I have to revisit them :)  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @elvedon ME!! I have ZERO interest in food!!! I've been forcing myself to eat for the baby, but I have no interest. Usually sugar and carbs are my non-pregnant cravings. But now no desire at all. Meat makes me nauseated. The only things I've been interested in over the past 3 weeks is veggies. And today, I don't want anything. At all.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 27 6w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): pea. And as tall as a match end apparently. Which makes zero sense lol

Upcoming Appointments: blood work today. Follow up with the emergency early pregnancy clinic with US on Jan 9 as well as first OB appointment that afternoon

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Just want to sleep all the time. Zero interest in food. Anxious, but trying to stay calm and not panic about every twinge. 

Rants/Raves: I'm on pelvic rest. Which means I can't go to work. Or lift anything . DH has been amazing about everything. I feel so lucky to have him.

Questions: anyone else PGAL? Any tips for getting through this? I want to enjoy it, but I'm scared of getting excited and then the soul-shattering disappointment again.

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019?  I don't make resolutions, but my goals have been to be grateful for every day that I'm still pregnant. And to not let myself start researching baby products until after the first trimester. Hurts way too much if something goes wrong. One day at a time!!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/29 by lmp or 8/31 by flo ovulation calculations, week 5 day 7

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: January 23... 3 weeks yet!  I will be nearly 9 weeks!  But I can't take time off during the day to do it, so I have to take the after school hours which are limited.

How are you feeling?: Breast tenderness for the 3rd week...  It varies where, but it has been pretty consistent.  Otherwise most other stuff is manageable.  I am excited, but still feel very much in limbo.  Will be very excited to make it to the 1/23 appt and confirm everything.

Rants/Raves: I want to tell my family so bad!  But I also want to wait until things are a bit more settled too.  My DH has questioned my saying "pregnancy" for a reason a few times when I mention it.  I think he is more focused on the end goal - healthy baby delivery - and less focused on the stuff in the middle. 

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019?: Consistently exercise, drink water, stay organized.
  • Options
    @chillycanadian My advice for PGAL is to take one day at a time.
     *TW* I’ve had two “official” miscarriages. one was my first that we lost at 9w and one was between my 2nd and 3rd full term deliveries due to medical issues with my gallbladder that resulted in a 10 day hospital stay and emergency surgery. End of *TW*

What I have discovered with PGAL is that you rob yourself if you don’t allow the feelings of excitement and hope. But in the same sense some days are hard and the anxiety overtakes your ability to look forward so take it one day at a time. When you’re excited be excited. It’s ok because at this moment you are expecting a new life and that IS exciting and lovely. But on the days that you’re scared or anxious or don’t want to be hopeful, that’s ok too. You’ve experienced something tragic and grieving the loss off hope is normal even when it feels like you shouldn’t think or feel that way. Hope this helps! Creepy internet hugs!

• Options
    @chillycanadian PGAL is so hard, sending you hugs. *TW loss mentioned* I had a MMC with my first pregnancy and didn't find out until my 12 week scan. It was so hard to relax or enjoy my first trimester with my DS after that. I really tried to use the mantra, "today, I am pregnant," and feel gratitude for it, but I don't think I every felt excitement in the first tri. @missbmama gave really great advice. Take it one day at a time, and whatever emotions you have are valid. And we are here for you! I am so grateful for the support I received from other PGAL moms when I had DS--it made all the difference. I hope you can find some comfort on these boards too. 

• Options
    9 weeks 1 day baby is the size of a cherry. Due date 8/8/19. I am starting to feel ups and downs but on the ups the last few days I have had more energy which is great cause I've been sleeping so much lately I was beginning to wonder if I was in a hybernation. Nausea is still there but not as much my next appointment is on Friday so I get to see the baby again and I'm super excited/nervous. I have been taking progesterone due to my miscarriage rate and spotting in early pregnancy and spotting has since stopped so thats good. Cant wait to be off of the progesterone though its a vaginal suppository and it is super uncomfortable. But as long as baby comes out healthy thats all that matters to me. DH has been really great about doing everything while I feel like a sack of potatoes and lay around all day other than going to work. I feel super greatful to have him in our journey Im super scared/excited for this baby Im also super excited to find out the gender we both want a girl but I feel like its a boy and I dont mind one bit if it is. I cant wait for August to have this baby in my arms <3
  • Options
    resilientoneresilientone member
    edited January 2019
    @elvedon - yes! I'm kind of, sort of hungry, but nothing sounds appealing.
    @labby18 - we haven't told anyone yet. I'll wait until at least next Wednesday for sure, after my first ultrasound. I have a weekly get together with two friends who will probably find out then because I don't feel like making excuses for not drinking wine. Plus, it will feel good to let someone know, even if it makes me nervous af to tell.
    @chillycanadian - I am PGAL (though my loss was pretty early on). I get it. It's hard not to compare this time to last time. Every similarity (or even differences) to how I feel compared to last time gives me anxiety. I try to remember the mantra: "today, I am pregnant."

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 25, six weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: January 9 for a dating ultrasound and first OB check.
    How are you feeling?: Ok. Mostly just sore boobs and a little tired. I thought it would be easier because I've BTDT but this pregnancy is so much different than my first. I was pretty much sick from the get-go and during my entire pregnancy and I remember being so very tired. This time, I've got sore boobs, I'm a little low on energy and somewhat nauseated but that's about it. I used to hate it when women would complain about not having any symptoms because it was hard to tell they were pregnant, but I get it now.

Rants/Raves: Nope, just the above.

Questions: Not yet.

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019? No, I'm not really the resolution type. Just the one I have every year: to be more happy and healthy.

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8.29.18 (as of now). 

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed, weighs as much as a grain of rice today it says.

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 21 

How are you feeling?: Okay today, just nauseous and not wanting to eat anything. 

Rants/Raves: ^

Questions: 

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019? eat healthy and be active. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 08/27 6w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea/tall as the end of a match

Upcoming Appointments: US with RE 01/09

How are you feeling?: Tired, so very tired.  I've had some nausea but only in the evenings/nights

Rants/Raves: MH has been adorable asking me everyday how big the baby is today!

Questions: Anyone having cramping without spotting or bleeding?  I know cramping can be normal but I guess I'm just worried.

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019? I don't even bother anymore because I never keep them. I guess my resolution is to not make a resolution!

@dogmomma096 I have not bought a single thing because I didn't want to jinx anything.  Maybe after the US I'll buy a onsie I've had my eye on it says made with love and science.

@labby18 We told our families only because they all live in different states.  MH has been the worst for keeping it a secret and he asks me all the time when he can tell everyone!

Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @elvedon, I am starving but nothing sounds appealing. I can usually stomach basic bread, pasta, or pizza but that’s it. Everything else, even thinking of it, makes me nauseous. 

@dogmomma096, my husband did for Christmas but otherwise we would like to wait until we have our 10 week testing and ultrasound. 

@celticknotfire, I did. I find if I don’t drink enough water, I get cramps. I was worried about the cramps and if it was an ectopic pregnancy until our 1st ultrasound. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 27 / 6w 2D 

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip 

Upcoming Appointments: January 31 is our next appointment at 10 weeks. We had 2 this week though. 

How are you feeling?: so terrible. Nauseous. I threw up water and a piece of chocolate today. Dizzy. Sigh. I think the throwing up though was because I drank too much water too quickly after not eating all day. I am travelling and on a consulting project which sucks because i would like to hide in bed. Mornings are the worst for me. 

Rants/Raves: I miss Canada and the healthcare. I hate that I have to pay for insurance, and then the midwife, and then the prenatal tests (€475!!!), which would be covered at home. Sad parts of being an expat. 

Questions: 

be more mindful of myself and put me before others. And stop letting other people’s acrions affect me. 

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Aug 28, 2019
    6 weeks, 1 day

Sweetpea

Upcoming Appointments:
    Jan 11 health appointment
    Jan 30 1st ultrasound 

How are you feeling?:
    Bloated, nauseous, exhausted, and excited.

Rants/Raves: 
    My mom isn't excited and I'm trying not to take it to heart. I'm 28, married, have a job as a teacher, and own a house. Just rolling with the disappointment I guess. I love her. She just isn't big on me having kids for some reason. Only lady I know who didnt want their daughter to have children. She will come around, I hope.

Questions: 
    What helps with bloating?
    Are 10 week- 11 week 1st ultrasounds a normal time frame?

To take this adventure head on.
  • Options
    Sounds like the “I’m hungry but I don’t want food” feeling is pretty common! That answers that. LOL

@Amdogger82, what are you writing? 
  • Options
    @rainbowendings, I’ve heard drinking lots of water as it helps food move ‘through’ quicker. And yes. Here they do 1st usually at 10-12 weeks and then 2nd at 20 weeks. That’s it. 

• Options
    deecherisedeecherise member
    edited January 2019
    @rainbowendings please excuse my nosiness and non-membership with group 4 (I'm group 1)...but anywho, my mom wasn't excited for me at first either.

Possibly because my circumstances are a lot different (also 28, but unmarried, in graduate school, renting), but also because I think they're moms and they just worry. Give it a bit of time---mine has finally warmed up to the idea and started buying things. I'm sorry she reacted that way though...it was a kick in the gut for me when my mom's reaction wasn't happiness.

Also, my first ultrasound was scheduled at 10+1...and I'm in the US. Apparently some physician's groups won't do anything until you're 8 weeks at minimum.
  • Options
    @rainbowendings with my last pregnancy my mother said "I hope you dont have a daughter, they are the worst"...well gee thanks mom, and I have a daughter, and she was not excited. It's so strange. Hugs girl.  
  • Options
    @elvedon Nothing really. I was a creative writing major in college and miss having a creative outlet, so i just want to get back in the habit again. I feel like I have some stories I want to write, but I don't want to put any pressure on myself to produce something, if that makes sense. I just want to get in the habit of putting pen to paper for a while and see where it goes.

@rainbowendings my office does a 7-9 week ultrasound for dating and viability purposes, and then I think the 12/13 week one as well. I'm sorry your mom is not being terribly supportive. I hope she will come around soon. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  EDD 8/24 ; 6w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming Appointments:  First ultrasound 1/22 (too long to wait! I'm nervous)

How are you feeling?:  Exhausted, nauseous, headaches- ugh! Nausea is waking me up between 3am-6am every morning! 

Rants/Raves:  Nervous as I MC first pregnancy and have thyroid issues/take thyroid meds.  Have a DS 19 months so it makes getting as much rest as I did first time around impossible.  Hating the nausea!!!

Questions:  

GTKY: Any goals or resolutions for 2019?  Trying to stay positive and not too stressed, staying healthy and active all pregnancy!
  • Options
    Due 8/24, so 6w+5

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee

Upcoming Appointments:
    Jan. 21st for my official dating ultrasound. My OBGYN’s practice usually schedules it at 8 weeks, but their first availability wasn’t until I’m 9w+2. I know it’s only a week, but I’m not a patient person, so I’m struggling - I just want to see that heartbeat!

How are you feeling?: Nauseous. Dizzy. Exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: see complaint about ultrasound date above ;)

Not really a resolution-type person, but in general I’m trying to be grateful for every moment of this pregnancy - and of course the nausea is kicking my resolve on that most days!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @celticknotfire I was told the cramping is normal, and due to uterine expansion. :)
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 30, 2019

Baby is the size of a(n): Pea

Upcoming Appointments: 1/22/2019 First appointment

How are you feeling?: General good. Symptoms are limited; full/bloated feeling, cramping on/off, and sore breasts. As long as I eat small snacks in the AM (less than 250 calories at a time) I do not get nausea. 

Rants/Raves: None really, mainly because I haven't told anyone. I belong to an equestrian team and we have a meeting on Jan 28th to determine our year riding goals. I want to go and be part of the barn, but obviously I do not have much of a riding goal because I am pregnant. Not sure how to navigate that.

Another one is to pace myself at work and not become to stressed. It's hard because I do not want to be viewed as a slacker.

So basically, lying to everyone is annoying.

Questions: Is dying your hair okay in the first trimester?

• Options
    @naturelove35, I read a bunch and decided not to risk it. I was supposed to have a hair appt at 10 weeks but I pushed it to 14 weeks. And I only do balayage, which really doesn’t put chemicals on the scalp. The 1st tri determines everything so I thought better to wait 4 weeks than worry about it.