April 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Misc.

There are a handful of things that aren’t easily categorized. Feel free to discuss even if I don’t call them out specifically. 

Shopping Cart Hammocks: Place the product in the shopping cart seat, place the child in the product, protect from germs. Have you tried? How complicated is it? Is there a brand to look for? Does it prevent baby from getting their drooly fists all over the cart and picking up everyone’s germs anyway? Is there other relevant info?

Baby ID: How do you mark clothes/bottles/toys/things for day care or wherever else they need to be marked? What’s most convenient, easily removed if necessary but stays on for the purpose, cheapest, etc?

Other: what other products don’t fit neatly into our categories?

Give us the pros and cons of what you have, or ask about what you want.

FTMs: when you look at these products, what’s overwhelming or confusing? Ask away!

Want to discuss something else? Recommend it here, or second some recs by loving someone’s post (I’ll try to prioritize): https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12734953/product-spotlights-upcoming-or-requests

All product spotlights can be resurrected at any time for further discussion - type “Product Spotlight” into the search bar at the bottom of the page to find previous threads.

Re: Product Spotlight: Misc.

• Options
    I'd like to start a discussion on how to be green as a mama w/ a new babe. I know there is cloth diapering & wet bags. but I'm sure there are other cool products out there that are eco-friendly that I know nothing about. does anyone else have interest in this?
  • Options
    @batmama31 yep.

off the top of my head, there are reusable pouches for purées/yogurt, second hand everything to reduce waste, and straight up minimalism. I think the less electronic gadgetry on the toys, the better for electronic waste and energy consumption creating computer chips. I like looking at Montessori toys because they seem to hold up better and have stronger educational/developmental purposes.

Overall, though, I think DD is forcing me to be much better about budgeting and cleaning - the fewer things that accumulate (looking at you, plastic shopping bags) the better, so I’m getting better at reusable bags and efficient laundry. 

Should green mama-ing be its own thread?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a shopping cart hammock from DD.  Wasn't too helpful for shopping carts cause most places have wet wipes.  I did use it a lot at restaurants because those high chairs can get sticky if the place doesn't wipe them down often
  • Options
    batmama31 said:
    I'd like to start a discussion on how to be green as a mama w/ a new babe. I know there is cloth diapering & wet bags. but I'm sure there are other cool products out there that are eco-friendly that I know nothing about. does anyone else have interest in this?
    We use reusable food pouches, water bottles, snack bags, cloth diapers and wipes when able. Buy a lot of our items used and I sew, and therefore upcycle a lot of clothing. 
  • Options
    As far as cart covers the one I got didn’t work at target or Costco so I never tried it again. I figured by the time she was riding in the cart more than me wearing her it was probably fine to come in contact with germs and such... 

we dont lable much because I’m a SAHM but I one time saw these crazy stuck on labels that never came off. I have no idea where they were from.