June 2019 Moms

GTKY: 2018 In Review

Thought it might be fun to look back at the last year as a group and look forward to the next, and a nice GTKY. 

1) What is your favorite memory from 2018?

2) What is the best life lesson you learned in 2018?

3) What is the most unexpected thing that happened in 2018?

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? 

Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: GTKY: 2018 In Review

• Loading the player...
  • 1) What is your favorite memory from 2018? Oh, this is a hard one for me! I think attending my first birth (and all that have followed) I'm growing, learning, and doing something I truly love and am passionate about.

2) What is the best life lesson you learned in 2018? It's okay to say "no". I MUST take time out for myself.

3) What is the most unexpected thing that happened in 2018? taking a new training to get certified through a different organization that I originally trained through.

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? Focusing on growing my business as I likely won't be taking on new clients in 2019 unless it's before the birth of this baby.
  • 1) What is your favorite memory from 2018?
    I think my my two favorite memories are travel related. Going to New York in April and San Diego in October. Both of those trips were right before my pregnancies. It was great to have time to connect with family on both coasts before my whole world changed. Travel always strengthens and refreshes me. 

That I have the most wonderful support system around me. I became best friends with my mom this year. This is so weird to say but I learned that I don’t need to solely rely on my SO to fulfill all my needs. I have other people who can pick up the slack because he’s human and he won’t be able to do everything for me all the time. I also learned that I am freaking strong and I can do anything. 

*TW* loosing our first baby and getting pregnant again so quickly *end TW*

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? 

Uhhhhhh. That’s a hard one! I’d say going to DC at the end of January. 
    My wedding in March. It was exactly us, and everything I dreamed of. I still giggle like a schoolgirl when I kiss my husband and remember he’s mine forever, and I’m his just as long. 

You can’t please all the people all the time, or focus on being the healthiest version of you so you can be there for what matters. 

the baby! Lol. I was told I was too fat, too anxious and too everything to become a mother ever (if my doc was to be believed. I have since dumped her like a soiled diaper)

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? DH’s birthday. Last year we hosted a pool party (lucky June baby!) and the year before that I rented an ice rink to play hockey and eat cupcakes.  I love surprising him with things he loves. 
  • 1) What is your favorite memory from 2018? Honestly, so many great things happened in 2018, but I think I've narrowed down to two; our 2 week Euro trip and my brother moving back home from his 4 year stint abroad.

2) What is the best life lesson you learned in 2018? This year I learned a lot in the realm of health. I learned that eating good foods along with regular exercise can do a great deal for you not only physically, but mentally as well. I also learned that the scale is not your friend and to trust how you feel.

3) What is the most unexpected thing that happened in 2018? Kind of mentioned both in my answers to 1 and 2; my brother moving back home and finally finding peace with the woman I see in the mirror.

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? Our Christmas / New Years trip next year to Florida! It will be our first big trip with LO and we will get 2 weeks off :)
  • 1) What is your favorite memory from 2018? Summer road trip to various national parks: Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Rocky Mountain. I love seeing wild animals because I grew up a city girl and spotted black bears + cubs, rams, marmot, bisons. It was clearly a sight to behold. 

2) What is the best life lesson you learned in 2018? Always be positive and never give up. I kind of gave up TTC, after finishing boxes of OPKs, I was so upset and stopped monitoring. That's when our miracle happened.

3) What is the most unexpected thing that happened in 2018? Tried crabbing for the first time and it was fun! Had plans for snowboarding this winter, but that's not gonna happen. 

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? Crossing my fingers that I can get to spend some warm summer days at the Jersey shore before I pop 

@tuxielove93 I'm an introvert too and I find it so difficult to make friends. I moved halfway round the world to a new country but most of my friends that I have a deep friendship are back in my home country. But I hope when the baby comes, joining a mothers/babies group will be much easier to connect based on our common interest = children. 
  • 1) What is your favorite memory from 2018? Our first anniversary. It was an absolutely perfect day, and the day I first found out I was pregnant *TW* not this pregnancy *END TW* It was a day where I was 100% happy. Despite what’s happened between then and now, it’s still a great memory.

2) What is the best life lesson you learned in 2018? To allow myself time to process through my emotions and not rush them based on what I think I should feel.

3) What is the most unexpected thing that happened in 2018? Finding out about this baby. I thought timing for the month was completely shot because of crazy late ovulation. I was completely expecting a negative when we got the positive pregnancy test.

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? Moving out of where I currently live to be closer to family. It’s been my goal for nearly six years now.
    I ran a half marathon at Disney world. It was my 4th one, but it was still magical. I did it with my husband, sister and brother-in-law and it was such an amazing time.

2) What is the best life lesson you learned in 2018? The best-laid plans of mice and men, often go awry.  I'm a planner, but nothing ever goes to plan and I needed to learn that this year.

What is the most unexpected thing that happened in 2018?
    Getting pregnant so fast. If I would have known that DHs job situation could put halfway across the world two weeks after I am due, I don't think I would have tried for this baby. I honestly feel so guilty about it. I know everything will be okay, but I'm just scared.

4) Besides the new baby (cause we're all super stoked for that, and it's probably number 1 or very close for all of us) what are you most looking forward to in the new year? Answers. We are totally in limbo with DHs job situation..he has orders, but plans on going to law school, trying to get into a JAG program in the Navy...just looking forward to putting all this unknown behind us

• 1) What is your favourite memory from 2018?
    Telling my mother about the pregnancy. She was really happy and I wasn't expecting quite the reaction I got. 

Really need to take time for myself or I might implode. I took a sick day when I wasn't 'sick'- I just needed time out. I felt guilty until I got up that morning and the relief surpassed the guilt (I'm a teacher so taking a day is harder than it should be). I went back to work refreshed and no where near as angry with everyone as I had been the day before. I haven't done that before but I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

BFP. Warring emotions to start but now I'm super excited and cant wait.

Some new challenges at work (took a promotion before I found out and it will be both super rewarding and challenging). 
    Getting back to Japan for a few weeks of snowboarding after 4 years! I absolutely love the snow and after moving to the west coast of Australia a few years ago I wasn’t able to get my snow fix in Aus (unless I wanna spend more than it cost to go to Japan), so Japan was a lovely escape.

That I need to take better care of myself and not try to do everything. That I don’t have to do everything by myself. That I have other people around me that will help me when I need it. 

Getting pregnant! I’ve got polycystic ovaries and endo so always thought it’d take years to conceive, but it only took 1 cycle! 

Finishing working where I am. I am SO over it and the next 10 weeks are going to go so slowly (I’m going on A/L for 6 weeks before my mat leave kicks in at 34 weeks).