August 2019 Moms
Options

December Appointments Thread

Tell us about your appointments here! Any questions or concerns you have, and how it went! 

This will switch to a weekly thread later, but it’s still early for us and I know a lot of us ladies don’t have appointments until January. 

Re: December Appointments Thread

• Options
    I had I had my dating u/s today and that had me do more bloodwork because I measured on the smaller side then they thought. 

I have ave my first appt with my OB on 12/17 and they made it sound like she will most likely have me do another u/s next week to check on things. 

Im not too worried with not seeing the heartbeat today. It was exactly the same with my first and the nect weeks u/s showed him growing and a healthy heartbeat. 
  • Options
    We had our first appointment yesterday, 12/12, with my CNM. They went over a ton of tests we can opt in for, took a ton of blood, had me pee in a cup, did a culture swab (thankfully no pap since I am up to date, and I am super sensitive for some reason so I would not have been pleased the qtip was bad enough), and then made a bunch of follow up appts. We will have our viability US next Friday because that is the earliest they could get us in, and we will be just at the start of week 8 if I counted correctly. Excited to see my little blob (or blobs, twins are a big possibility in my family)!!! 
    My DH came with to the appt and of course, as it is every time I go to a women's center, random strangers talked to us in the waiting room and it freaked him out lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I met with my midwife last date for a blood draw and to talk about what testing we want to do.
    My first dating us for my midwife is next Thursday... I'll be 6 weeks on the dot for it and hoping to see a viable heartbeat. I had already made a confirmation appt with my GYN on the 31st and he will also do an us in his office. Other than that,  first official appt with my midwife is jan 10
  • Options
    had my first u/s today at 6 weeks. the quality of the u/s wasn't that great so didnt get to see a lot of detail, but we did hear a heartbeat. My dr. said it was low which was perfectly normal for where i am at. Scheduled to go back next week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Was able to get in today due to some weird abdominal/back pain. Everything was fine. I got to see the heartbeat! But I was a week off on how far along I thought I was. I'm only 6 weeks- not 7.
  • Options
    Had first appt dec 17 as thought EDD was 08/04. Per ultrasound my EDD is 08/13 so will have another ultrasound at 10 weeks to make sure everything is okay. Heart rate was around 140 so that made me feel better. The heartbeat made the whole itty bitty baby shake. My husband was so amazed at how little it was (sesame seed) and already has a heartbeat. Appt went well tho, love my doctor and his nurse. 
  • Options
    I had my first OB appointment. It went better than I thought, she was cheerier than I remember. I was afraid she was going to stress about my weight but she told me not to gain more than 15lbs, I’d rather gain 0 but that’s unlikely.   

She said I may be a good candidate for a VBAC which I didn’t expect. I have always just figured my babies now on would be Repeat CSections. She said that vaginal birth would be better for the baby if I am able and that I have less than 1% of uterine rupture. I did some research this afternoon and I’m still thinking I want a RCS. 

She also talked me into doing first trimester screening, the one where they do an ultrasound to measure the neck and take a blood sample of mine. I said no to all others and would have to this one too but dd had congenital heart defects, and she said sometimes there can be cardiovascular indicators during this test. So I opted in. She said this baby will have a fetal echocardiogram because of dds heart problems. So I feel better about that. 

I also am still spotting so she sent me down for an ultrasound that shows the same small SCH. Hope it heals before our baby moon in 23 days. 

Then I had all my blood drawn at the labs   

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Options
    @moon1417 what heart defect did your dd have? My older one had an ASD but we didn't find it until she was 3.5 and we caught a murmur. she had surgery right before her 4th birthday to close it and is doing great. My little one has a PFO but that isn't something that gets fixed. Needless to say, I'll be getting a fetal echo as well.

However, I'm still wanting to deny the early tests. We did the quad panel with dd1 and were told she has a high chance of having Downs. Never once did they say it could have also been a heart issue and there wasn't a fetal echo done. I worried the whole pregnancy and the first thing I asked was if she had Downs. It kinda ruined the last 20 weeks. We refused the screen with dd2. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Had my 2nd appointment yesterday and all looks good, measuring a day ahead of my 8/2 EDD. I was a little worried since my nausea disappeared around week 8, but now I’ll just feel thankful. We go back January 14. So strange to be so excited for doctor’s appointments! 
  • Options
    Unexpected ER trip this morning for IV fluids & nausea meds. After a really rough 3 days of the meds no longer working and puking 5-10 times a day, I was too dehydrated & had to go in. I feel way better now. But we have to figure out some rotation of the nausea meds so hopefully we don't have to do that again. 

I'm extremely annoyed, the insurance apparently won't approve what the doctor wants to prescribe for nausea until 3 other prescriptions have failed. That just seems insane to me. You are denying a pregnancy lady nausea meds? Really insurance? I hate our healthcare system. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    I had my 1st ultrasound yesterday with the RE.  Baby was measuring at 6w 1d and we could see the sweet little heartbeat.  Feeling so hopeful for a good outcome.  Going back in 2 weeks for another US.  Fingers crossed baby keeps growing. 
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl You poor thing! I hope you’re feeling a little better. That’s so freaking absurd that your insurance is being crazy about prescriptions. Hope you get something figured out soon! 
  • Options
    Thanks @heml, they called in a different prescription. It was also declined, but only $9 so we just paid for it and I'll argue with the insurance when I feel better in (hopefully) a few weeks. It's just so absurd that insurance agents think they know better than doctors!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @sourlemon it was found right away thank god bc she had a murmur.  She wouldn’t have lived but a few weeks if it has gone undetected. It was a few things but the biggest was pulmonary stenosis and needed surgery at 3 weeks, not open heart but with a ballon. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019