February 2019 Moms
Options

Ask a STM week of Dec 24

FTMs asking STMs any and all questions 

Re: Ask a STM week of Dec 24

• Options
    I’ve been having trouble finding nursing bras. I was hardly a AA cup before pregnancy, and now I’m measuring at about a small B cup. But the B cup nursing bras I’ve found in stores are way bigger than I am, and nobody seems to carry an A cup. Store employees at Motherhood Maternity, Macy’s, and Target have all been clueless for how to help. I can get stretchy bras instead of more structured, but I’d really love at least one regular cup-style bra.
    Anyone have advice for how I should find something that actually fits my small chest?
  • Options
    @megzpye I'm in the same boat as you, FTM with a small chest, and I don't know if this is actually helpful but I gave up on bras yeaaars ago. Only wearing bralettes with no underwire/padding/structured cups is the best thing I ever did. I've gotten a few nursing bras from Motherhood Maternity in size S (https://www.motherhood.com/seamless-clip-down-nursing-bra/006-98422-006-001.html?cgid=nursing-bras&dwvar_006-98422-006-001_color=006-98422-04#start=1), and that's probably what I'll stick to. I don't even know my cup or band size anymore, regular bras are death for small chested women and not worth your time. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @megzpye I heard that if you go to Nordstroms they will tailor/modify your bra into a nursing bra if you had a non-nursing bra you like already
  • Options
    I second the ones @grebretso mentioned. I'm normally a small 34B but now I'm a 36C. I've been in these seamless bras since 2nd tri and they're so comfy. 
  • Options
    I would wait to buy a cup type bra until after baby anyway. My cup size doesn't change that much when my milk comes in, but some women see a significant change. Also, your band size right now may go down right away after you have baby, but it also might take a while, or even never return to your pre-pregnancy size. You also might find that breastfeeding doesn't work well for you or baby. Overall, waiting is a good idea.
  • Options
    You can nurse while wearing any bra, you just wear them out quicker because you're folding the fabric over so often. If you can get away with wearing nursing tanks that have the bra insert, I'd go that route for comfort!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I’m 34 weeks today and closing in on the big day. Do you have any things that you think are necessary to knock out in the last few weeks? We already have the nursery set up and baby clothes washed. We’ve taken a bunch of newborn/birthing classes and have an infancy cpr class scheduled. Any other recommendations? 
  • Options
    @nataliezbrungart you have swaddles or sleep sacks? gripe water? saline drops? diapers? wipes? diaper cream? frozen meals for when baby arrives? buy in bulk things you don’t want to go to the store for: toilet pater, paper towels, coffee, laundry detergent, and such.  If you have pets, coordinate a pet sitter for when you’re in the hospital. sterilize baby bottles and pacifiers. 
  • Options
    Thanks @disneybaby84 I have most of the above, but should look into stocking the pantry and paper products! 
  • Options
    @nataliezbrungart go on a fancy date night with your spouse, get a mani/pedi or otherwise spoil yourself in some way (I usually wait until 38-39 weeks for the manicure), do a deep clean of your home, alllll those things that will be more complicated to accomplish once baby arrives! 
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits EXCELLENT advice.