April 2019 Moms

STM+ Check In w/o 12/27

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

How many kids do you already have? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: ‘tis the season for gift giving - what do you do with your kids to instill your values while also celebrating the magic of the season?

Re: STM+ Check In w/o 12/27

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    26+2 - a bunch of kale

DD is 1.5

Good. I’m celebrating because she stayed asleep/curled up with her papa while I got out of bed to make cocoa and clean.

We are definitely entering terrible two stage. I’m pretty sure I would not be able to convince DH to TTC right now. And I know she’s still pretty mild in that it’s not all about tantrums yet, just totally asserting independence.

GTKY: ‘tis the season for gift giving - what do you do with your kids to instill your values while also celebrating the magic of the season?
    I tried this year to refocus the season on doing Christmasy things (like baking cookies and making salt dough ornaments) rather than spending lots of money on gifts, and those gifts I got were mostly secondhand. We made church attendance and family time a priority. I’m totally down with the want/need/wear/read philosophy. DH is not really on the same page though...he is the only child of a mother who loves to shop and had massive piles of presents under the tree when he was little, and wants the same for DD. Anyone have any advice for balancing this?
  • @lyse01 oh my goodness those terrible twos hit hard and fast. I look at DH somedays and ask him why we decided to create another one. DD can absolutely be a sweetheart but there are days that we go through 5-6 tantrums over things as simple her wanting to flush the toilet and we did it by mistake...cue 20 minute rage fest. I have to remember that she's only 2 and doesn't have the best communication skills yet.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 25+weeks, califlower

How many kids do you already have? 1 DD (2yo)

How are your other kids doing this week? She's good, I think we've recovered from the screwed up schedule that the holidays bring and yesterday was a fun day of playing with all the toys and puzzles that she got for Christmas. It was nice to relax after work and just play with her on the floor and not feel guilty about too much screen time.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? None really. I guess I can rave about getting my yoga in yesterday. I was able to do 30 minutes at home before picking DD up from daycare and that's a win for me.

GTKY: ‘tis the season for gift giving - what do you do with your kids to instill your values while also celebrating the magic of the seasonI don't think we really focused on this during the holiday this year. We didn't give her a lot from Santa (mainly small presents) and bought her one big present from mom and dad. Honestly we didn't even fill stockings because I was lazy. Then again, DH never had stockings filled on Christmas, that was for St. Nick and I never did St Nick so we have to figure out what that looks like for the two of us. My biggest thing with holidays is spending time with family and we did a ton of that so I think we did an ok job on it.

• Loading the player...
  • batmama31batmama31 member
    edited December 2018
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 25 weeks, cauliflower

How many kids do you already have? one boy, 4yo

How are your other kids doing this week? he's ok. I tried a new thing last night to rip the band-aid off of co-sleeping. it didn't work, and I don't think anyone got any sleep last night :( back to the drawing board tonight. plan is to bathe at 7pm, and begin the bedtime routine (2 stories, one song, and fall asleep together in his bed) immediately following his bath. wish me luck. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? just the usual. everything takes too much energy, everything hurts, and every time this baby boy wiggles in just the slightest, I have to pinch w/ everything I've got to not pee myself. does that count as a kegel?

GTKY: ‘tis the season for gift giving - what do you do with your kids to instill your values while also celebrating the magic of the season? so I was too late to do an angel tree this year, but starting next year, I plan on taking my son (and the baby, when he's old enough) to pick a list off an angel tree and buy what we can for someone in need. a) it affords us an opportunity to pay it forward to someone who needs it, b) I'm hoping it will put things in perspective for when my kids create their own xmas wish lists, and c) hoping the experience will humble my privileged kids and instill the importance of social responsibility. (in case you haven't picked up by now, I'm a screaming liberal- sorry/not sorry)
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 24+4 - cantaloupe I think?

How many kids do you already have?  DS - almost four!

How are your other kids doing this week? We had some rough spots during all the holiday hubbub but overall good. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I'm starting to worry about bedtime once the other kids are here. After all the procrastinating and whining is over, it's already 9pm and then he's either coming in and out 92 times or he's in his room with the lights on "reading" until like, 11pm, and then he's a BEAR the next day. I wish we could have day care cut his nap but I know they won't.

GTKY: ‘tis the season for gift giving - what do you do with your kids to instill your values while also celebrating the magic of the season? Ummm...I guess we don't? We don't focus on Santa really and most of his gifts are on the smaller educational or practical skills side. We always give to the Salvation Army kettles and we do regularly donate clothing/goods throughout the year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    24 weeks today!! Cantaloupe/Atlantic Puffin/Garden Eggplant

DD- 4

Pretty good actually. She fell asleep sitting in her chair waiting for Christmas dinner, lol. She got a set of Jurassic Park Lego's from DH for Christmas and has been all sorts of obsessed.

I called my new insurance and got my transfer of care started. Which i'm super happy about since they will actually transfer me over to a perinatologist for the remainder of the pregnancy. My current insurance splits it between my ob (that i feel like i'm not getting enough care from) and a side department that manages the GD.  I'd rather have everything handled as one since there are extra risk factors that come with the GD, especially when on insulin. Also the hospital and doctor's office are literally across the street from my office. Heck yes for ultimate convenience.

I have a really hard time during the holidays, i am really not a fan and trying to balance the magic/joy of the season and remembering to be grateful for what we have while dealing with my own feelings about it all is a struggle. I always worry that my apathy towards it all is clouding my judgment or will rub off on DD. Thankfully DH is very much the opposite. Next year we do intend to start the tradition of picking out a toy every year to donate and having it as a jumping off point to remember that not everyone is as fortunate and to appreciate what you do have. I'm hoping it will grow into more then just donating a toy every year but exactly how is yet to be determined.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 22+6, coconut sized 

DD, 20mos

Not bad; she was a trooper out of town for Christmas but she now has a nasty cold and didn’t sleep well at all last night. I hope it’s short lived. 

R/R/Q: baby boy is kicking pretty hard. But DH STILL hasn’t felt him because he totally stops when he places his hand on him. DH had felt DD by week 19 so this is weird. The real rant is insomnia. Wish I could go back to sleep after getting up to pee. 

GTKY: Christmas is all about the advent season around here. DD is a little too young to understand that, but we don’t really do Santa, and we talk about the advent season leading up to Christmas, Christmas Eve service, and finding ways to give, like Operation Christmas Child this year. I hope the magic will be instilled in the fun traditions we do, like driving to see Christmas lights, Christmas movies, Christmas baking. 

• 22weeks+2 days — spaghetti squash 

1 girl, 8 years old

How are your other kids doing this week? Out of school on break til the 8th! I’m trying to come up with whatever activities I can Think of to keep her busy! 😆😆

I think I need To get one of those support bands— my lower back has been so sore. & random Bursts of sciatica kicking in. Other than that things have been pretty good!! I’m glad the holidays Are over— April is going to be here before we know it! 

She always has to pick a couple gifts to donate for toys for tots, Also 24 random acts of kindness (think advent calendar, but you have to do the RAKs that it says instead of getting a chocolate or whatever..) it works well for us. These activities make a great way of showing her that it isn’t all about her & there are people that are less fortunate & you need to help however you are able.
    DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
  • 23 + 1, grapefruit 

DD is 2 y.o. She's doing well this week now that we're back from holiday travels.  Though all the extra stimulation from Christmas presents means a few extra tantrums.

I wish potty training was a little easier; DD only wants me to take her potty but I'm going back to work Jan 2, so SAHD will have to take over.

GTKY: we read the night before christmas, and watched Frosty and Rudolf so she started to understand Santa was coming. I didn't get to do Christmas cookies with her because of our travel week to relatives, but we are working on a gingerbread house now.
    25weeks 3 days, cauliflower 

DD 5.5, DS 2.5

They’re going stir crazy because it’s been rainy here and I’ve been sick/exhausted. I feel so bad because I know DD has been getting bored. I try to do a craft and game everyday. Plus they can only open one new gift a day. But she has to constantly be doing something 
    Also no one is napping...:which means I’m not napping lol

I feel the days between Christmas and New Years should be a mandatory vacation for all moms(especially expecting moms). I still feel like I haven’t recovered from the holiday chaos. 

We always donate any unopened toys from the past year (Christmas and birthdays). Since DD has been learning to write I have started her to write thank you notes (mainly just to grandparents right now)

@HGRich this little girl always stops kicking when DH or DD want to feel a kick too