1st Trimester

Keeping Confidence

I didn't think I was showing at all at just about 8 weeks and was actually feeling like I looked pretty good cause I haven't been able to eat much and when I do it's been Greens and smoothies so I've lost some weight, like a full dress size. But then my mom mentioned to our nail techs I was pregnant (thanks mom) and the one girl was like, "Oh, I noticed you had a bit of a belly but couldn't say anything." Now I've spent all day obsessing about it because I've just signed a new job offer and don't want them to know until I've had a chance to prove myself a bit and am through my first trimester in the safer zone. And although I'm not super tiny, I've always had a pretty flat tummy. I think maybe I'm also pretty bloated as I have been stopped up for a couple days but I don't know if that's going to go away.  I know it wasn't meant to be hurtful comment and it's normal for your body to change but how do you keep your confidence up in situations like this? And how do you know if you're seeing yourself realistically?

Re: Keeping Confidence

• I didn't think I was showing at all at just about 8 weeks and was actually feeling like I looked pretty good cause I haven't been able to eat much and when I do it's been Greens and smoothies so I've lost some weight, like a full dress size. But then my mom mentioned to our nail techs I was pregnant (thanks mom) and the one girl was like, "Oh, I noticed you had a bit of a belly but couldn't say anything." Now I've spent all day obsessing about it because I've just signed a new job offer and don't want them to know until I've had a chance to prove myself a bit and am through my first trimester in the safer zone. And although I'm not super tiny, I've always had a pretty flat tummy. I think maybe I'm also pretty bloated as I have been stopped up for a couple days but I don't know if that's going to go away.  I know it wasn't meant to be hurtful comment and it's normal for your body to change but how do you keep your confidence up in situations like this? And how do you know if you're seeing yourself realistically?
    The nail tech probably said that just because people feel the need to say something when they find out someone is pregnant. Often, unfortunately, it’s about your appearance. At 8 weeks (and presumably a FTM) you’re likely just bloated and some looser clothing should work fine for you for another couple months.

Try not to take it personally, but remember that even now your body is changing and it is due to your pregnancy. And if something really bothers you, don’t be afraid to speak up and tell someone it hurts your feelings or is inappropriate.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::