March 2019 Moms

Week 2 Check In 12/17

This thread is for those due March 10 to March 16

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)?

Re: Week 2 Check In 12/17

• Due date: 3-16

Any appt: 12-26 and 27. I got a call to schedule my induction. Which I discussed in the question thread. Hopefully will get answers by my next appt.

Rant: see above. Rave: just happy to feel lo moving.

How are you feeling: lo must be getting bigger, since I don't feel lo moving around as much. Between that and starting sleep cycles (what I've read) it makes me nervous. So I've been doing kick counts daily. Same on symptoms dept, but thankful for every bit of it.

GTKY: watching Christmas movies.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Due date: March 10th

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is Wednesday morning. It will be a growth scan so I will get to see our little peanut on ultra sound. :) I am hoping they discuss possible induction date, but I think that might be more of a discussion at my next appointment after this one. 

Rants/Raves?: Nothing really. Just enjoying feeling this baby move around and trying to keep my anxiety at bay. 

How are you feeling?: Okay, I have varicose veins down low and so it is not comfortable, I'm going today over my lunch break to get fitted for a belly band to see if that will help with the pain. If it doesn't then I don't know how I will make it to 39 weeks. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)?: Hmmm, probably the sweets. My mom makes this really good fudge. I am super excited to make some of that this year. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kenneylynn3 I’m right there with you on the reduced movement. Apparently my lo is hanging out in a breach forward fold, so less leverage for kicks I guess?

@bdesterhouse hope that belly band helps!

Due date: after today’s growth scan I guess I’m really 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?: My 28 week appointment w/ glucose test is tomorrow.

In random, weird, probably over-share questions: at both my 20 week anatomy scan and today’s growth scan they commented on my bladder being overly full, but I just followed the 32oz and don’t pee for an hour guided-lines. Anyone else ever gotten that?

Rants/Raves?: Our girls annual Christmas party is Wednesday after my glucose test, so FX I pass and don’t have to stress about what I eat there!

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling big, some pelvic achiness and feeling a little compressed (best way to describe it) if I’m not using good posture. Bending over is uncomfortable.

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)? Probably eggnog - I get so excited when it finally shows up in stores because I LOVE eggnog in my coffee! One of DH’s uncles makes an amazing homemade eggnog and I am so disappointed I won’t be able to drink it at this years family Christmas party...

• @Kenneylynn3 @lelkcot +1 for reduced movement. Definitely going to ask my doc about it this week even though it sounds like it's probably normal?

Due date: 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?:  Glucose scan is Wednesday morning!

Rants/Raves?:  The scheduler called me this morning and told me they've got my RCS scheduled for 3/7!  I can't believe I'm able to write a date down on paper!  Now I need to get it together to bring this baby home!

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous at night, and starting to waddle a bit.  But I've definitely noticed my hormones kicking back in.  Oooo buddy am I having some mood swings.  I don't think I said more than 10 words to DH yesterday. Poor guy!

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)?  Usually its the cocktails; I am going to miss the boozy cider I always make for Christmas (not to mention the mimosas). But I'm taking full advantage of the sweets this year!  @bdesterhouse My mom has been in town the last week and she baked for me - the stuff didn't even last the weekend!

• Due date: 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?: 28 week appointment tomorrow! Wondering if anyone thinks the Owlet is worth it for peace of mind or not? Asked the OB I saw at my last visit and she didnt know what it was and told me to ask my pediatrician, which we do not have yet  :#

Rants/Raves?: Rant: Just found out that we are no longer able to roll over 40 hours of PTO to next year (even though we were told we were...). I was planning on using it for additional maternity leave time!!! Ugh!

How are you feeling?: Overall ok, but every morning when I get out of bed or stand up after sitting for awhile I have pretty significant groin/pelvic pain. I'm going to ask about how to help it at my appointment tomorrow

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)? Sugar cookies with vanilla frosting 😏

• @smf2018 I’ve not used one, but I know the American Academy of Pediatrics actually recommends against them with healthy infants due to false alarms (https://consumer.healthday.com/health-technology-information-18/cellphone-health-news-729/pediatricians-say-no-to-wearable-smartphone-baby-monitors-718989.html) and also because they aren’t fda approved.
  • smf2018 said:

Rants/Raves?: Rant: Just found out that we are no longer able to roll over 40 hours of PTO to next year (even though we were told we were...). I was planning on using it for additional maternity leave time!!! Ugh!

Can you ask for an exception? Sometimes my employer will grant exceptions depending on the circumstances. It's really crummy if they just told you they won't allow the roll over, that doesn't give much time to use up those hours.

• @lelkcot I don't have those guidelines for any us, but she did say I had a full bladder at my as. I had just chugged juice with my lunch in between appt. 

@dtspmama let me know what your Dr says at your appt about the movement. I too got a phone call to schedule my induction for 3-11. These lo's  are going to be here before we know it!

@smf2018 we don't have a pediatrian yet either.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Due date: 3/16

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until 12/26. I was planning to take the glucose test right after, bit after seeing all the comments in the glucose test thread I think I might go in the morning after breakfast and then come back for the afternoon appointment.

Rants/Raves?: Rant1: It doesn't let me log in to the bump on my computer so I had to install the app just to get my daily fix. It's a PITA to type in it, can't wait until the login issue is fixed.

Rant2: Why can't the pregnancy newsletters get the week number right? Enfamil was 2 weeks behind, Similac was 1 week ahead, Pampers in general sent me yesterday two emails about week 4 and week 10! I wrote to their customer service, they can do a better job with emails! 

How are you feeling?: Big. Uncomfy. Out of breath. It even made DH ask if it was like that with DS1 as well. I don't recall being so big at only 27w!

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)? Everything, lol. Give me all the cookies and all the hot chocolate!

• @lelkcot they told me after the first vaginal ultrasound that I didn't need a full bladder so I've been tinkling like every hour and definitely before the ultrasounds which is a very good thing. I already have had a snissing incident. 

@smf2018 we are probably going to get an Owlet because our friends showed us theirs and they really liked it and because DH is a tech enthusiast. We have watches that monitor our heart rates and activity so I guess it kind of seems like what we do for ourselves but I'll definitely be reading the article from @lelkcot

Due date: 3/10

Any appointments? Questions?: 2nd glucose screening on 12/20. Bummer. Really craving sugar now too. 

Rants/Raves?: kick counting is kind of stressful. I've noticed if I'm busy I totally miss the kicks and our days and evenings are pretty full.

How are you feeling?: heart burn is worse and tailbone pain is back. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)? I really like looking at Christmas lights around town and also hunting for the perfect present for friends / family.

• smf2018smf2018 member
    edited December 2018
    @bdesterhouse I'm going to bring it up with HR! The hospital changed everyone's benefits starting Jan 1 2019 so that rather than having to earn our PTO by paycheck we start with a bank at the beginning of the year, and they told us about the change in mid October. But at that time my supervisor assured everyone that we could still roll over a total of 40 hours. Then there was a meeting last week when she said oops, guess you cant roll that over!  :s at least they are paying it out, but I'd much rather have the time.
  • @smf2018 I looked into the owlet with DD2 (I don't think they were really a thing when DD1 was first born) but, on the advice of my pediatrician, decided against it (I suffered from Postpartum Anxiety and both the pediatrician and my OB thought it might do ME more harm than good, esp. because of the issues @lelkcot mentioned).  I do think they're a really cool idea, though!
  • Due date: 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?:

Next appointment in early January

Rants/Raves?: 

Rant: I don't know if it was a tummy bug or a growth spurt or what, but I got violently ill on Friday. Like, had to go to urgent care because I couldn't stop throwing up. Got checked out, was only showing minimal signs of dehydration, otherwise baby and I were fine. Got rx for zofran, doctors orders for rest and pushing fluids all day Saturday, so unfortunately I had to call in to work (Only unfortunate because I NEED every minute of PTO I have/will get between now and baby!). Felt better by Sunday and was able to go to work, but had raging heartburn.

Rave: The urgent care staff was wonderful. So thorough, friendly, and helpful, despite the fact that we were there close to closing time, and held them all over (only about 10-15 minutes, but still!)

How are you feeling?: 

Fine now, but rant situation was AWFUL.

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)?

Sweets! I love baking and the holidays are my absolute favorite!

• @lucysmom2016 glad you're feeling better, that sounds awful!
  • @Kenneylynn3 I didn't see my doctor today, but one of the others in the practice.  She told me not to worry about what I *perceive* to be as reduced movement, she said ti could just be that the baby has moved into a different position or is pushing up on parts of me that are harder to feel.  Then she gave me the usual hoopla about drinking something sugary and laying on my left side if I'm truly worried.  

Of course, after the glucose test LO is in there moving and shaking today. Like she's trying to prove me wrong!
  • dtspmama said:
    @Kenneylynn3 I didn't see my doctor today, but one of the others in the practice.  She told me not to worry about what I *perceive* to be as reduced movement, she said ti could just be that the baby has moved into a different position or is pushing up on parts of me that are harder to feel.  Then she gave me the usual hoopla about drinking something sugary and laying on my left side if I'm truly worried.  

Of course, after the glucose test LO is in there moving and shaking today. Like she's trying to prove me wrong!
    I'm glad LO is moving and grooving today, but how weird that they didn't even hook you up to a machine to see if everything was okay. That would bug me personally. 

• @bdesterhouse Oh yea, I was bugged.  The doctor I saw today doesn't have the best bedside manner (to say the least - I've actually complained about her to the practice managers).  I'm going to ask my regular doctor about it when I see her in 2 weeks, and in the meantime I'm going to be hyper vigilant about doing kick counts.
  • The other day I joked with dw about lo rearranging furniture in there from the dragging sensation, I mentioned it the moving thread. Well, pretty sure that was them switching positions. I now am feeling kicks up high that are keeping me awake at night. Not that I'm complaining.

• I learned in my appointment today that baby girl is still breech, which is okay, but it feels like she’s almost sideways tonight. It’s the strangest feeling. 

• Due date: March 12, will deliver by end of Feb (twins)

Any appointments?  28 week appt was on Tuesday.   I did and passed the 1 hour glucose test.  I also got the Tdap vaccine (My arm still hurts, lol).  They drew a CBC which confirmed that I'm quite anemic. I  just found those results by logging into the portal.  I find it odd that they haven't called me with an H/H of 9.7/29.5.  I wasn't able to take prenatals consistently until after 20 weeks because they'd make me more nauseated for the entire day.  I tolerate them now but supplemental iron and I don't get along well.  I'll have to find something that works though.

Questions?:  Is anyone else Anemic?

Rants/Raves?:  None really.  Just tired of having a huge list of stuff to do to finish setting up our house and not being able to do it ... and not getting much help from my husband.  His parents come to visit next week, hopefully either that will kick his butt in gear, or they will just help.

How are you feeling?: Better than previous weeks if I ignore the varicose veins and pelvic pressure.  I'll take it over the previous issues though.

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday indulgence (food, sweets, drinks, whatever!)?  Christmas cookies.  I miss my mom's Pfefferneuse and my MILs ginger snaps.  I plan to do some cooking baking with my kids this weekend but that Pfefferneuse recipe is one that my mom can make but can't duplicate in writing and every batch is a little different.

• @bdesterhouse
    I can commiserate with the varicose veins.  I wear a compression stocking on my left leg but baby A is so low that they've gotten bad above where any compression stocking can help.  Feels like I'm wearing a freaking maxi pad when I'm standing. NOT FUN.

• @kenneylynn3 Yay for lo being heads down!

@bdesterhouse my lo is also hanging out breach or transverse. Hopefully they flip soon!

@pooka8 glad to hear you passed the GD screening, but hate to hear your anemic. Hopefully the dr will get in touch with you soon about whatever needs to be done to help balance that.

• @Pooka8 I just got the blood panel results as well, and from that it looks like I'm also anemic. I have an appointment next week, I'll ask my midwife then. 
  • @Pooka8 I'm anemic normally so the pregnancy obviously kicks it up a notch. I take 975mg of iron every day plus my prenatal, and then take miralax to combat the side effects of the iron. My hematologist won't give me IV iron (that I normally get when not PG) during pregnancy because it can induce labor. 

If your body absorbs iron through food, my hematologist tells me to eat a lot of red meat and leafy greens. Good luck!
  • @Pooka8 my Hgb was about the same, which was a drop from the one they drew at my first prenatal appointment (12.8). I'm an ICU nurse, and I wouldn't bat an eye at a Hgb of 9.7 (and neither did my OB), but definitely worth having a conversation with your provider if you are concerned.
  • Due date: 3/10

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appt on Monday. Everything looks good. Passed the glucose screening!

@Pooka8 I don't know the exact numbers but my bloodwork came back anemic. My doc just put it in the portal as a note to start an iron supplement. So I need to get on that this weekend.

Rants/Raves?: I'm just exhausted. This week has been crazy.  Today was the last day of school before break and my students have been bouncing off the walls. Plus DH had surgery on Thursday that came with restrictions on lifting so I've been the only one who can carry or lift DS the past few days.

How are you feeling?: Same as my rant. Although physically I'm doing well and really can't complain.

Cookies! 

• I ordered some floradix tablets that should arrive today.  I'm hoping to tolerate that better.   I tried regular fe sulfate and was up. Half the night nauseated and miserable. Floradix is supposed to be gentle on the stomach.