March 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: High Chairs

High Chairs, booster seats, places to strap your kids down while you feed them.
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Product Spotlight: High Chairs

• Options
    I posted it also in the Feeding Solids thread, but it was a long list so this might get lost:
    Travel "high-chair": this worked really well for us: https://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Cover-Portable-Chair-Black/dp/B00IHIENS2
    As for the proper chair, we have the Fisher Price rainforest-themed one and had no complaints. We moved from it directly to the regular chair, no booster in between. 
  • Options
    @mihaelams1 Thanks for posting that! I just added it to my registery.

We registered for a seat that attaches right to a regular kitchen chair rather than a free standing high chair because our kitchen is small. Anyone have experiences with those? Good or bad? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mihaelams1 Thanks for posting that! I just added it to my registery.

We registered for a seat that attaches right to a regular kitchen chair rather than a free standing high chair because our kitchen is small. Anyone have experiences with those? Good or bad? 
    That's what we use. We love it. We have one with no cloth or cushion, just hard plastic, which is great. It wipes clean really easily. It's also nice because it can be used other places. I've stuck her in it with toys on the tray and set her on the bathroom floor to play while I got a shower. 
  • Options
    We got a little folding travel chair/booster that straps to a chair that he actually still uses today as a booster. It was great to bring to parents house and on trips. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CSAWIOQ

And we used a traditional high chair for the first 2 years - I liked that it kept him up at our level while eating. It was great for early eating, and the big tray was great for once we moved to finger foods. This isn’t the exact chair (ours doesn’t detach like this one) but this is super similar: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DCWMLQJ
  • Options
    I loved the 4moms high chair. No cloth, easy to clean up! I could take it out back and hose it down periodically. My only complaint was the magnetic tray, but that only became an issue when we transitioned to real silverware, and at that point we got a booster seat for a true table chair. https://www.safety1st.com/feeding-boosters/deluxe-sit-snack-go-convertible-booster-tampa-bay-bo060cwrw.html. Booster is great too. Easy to clean, grows with child. Folds and travels easy. I've taken it to restaurants where I know they give zero f's about wiping down high chairs (read: everywhere). 
  • Options
    @kbear28 Good to hear you like the 4moms high chair! I have been looking at one's like that for the easy clean up situation alone. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    We have the 4moms high chair, as well.  I love that it's easy to clean and the magnets make it really easy to take the tray off and on.
  • Options
    When did your kids start needing a high chair? I haven't even considered buying yet since it seems it maybe months past birth that we would need one. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @kristimh80 some people like to use them just as a place to set baby while the parents eat/give them a bottle/to play. If that's the case you'll need one that reclines quite a bit. Otherwise you won't need a high chair until you start introducing solids, anywhere from 4 months to 8 months.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    We were gifted the bumbo high chair with tray and he used that on our counter when we initially started him on cereals/ purées. It was convenient but not necessary. Then as he got older we got out the Fischer price booster seat/high chair that attaches to our kitchen chairs. I like that he can sit with us at dinner and now we don’t use the tray we just pull him to the table. But I dislike that we only have 4 chairs total at our table and he takes a seat if we have company over (which for us isn’t often).