June 2019 Moms

Re: FFFC - 12/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get really angry when workers at the grocery store pack my groceries in a stupid way. Which is entirely based on my opinion of how they should be packed. I wish they would just let me
    do it myself. Especially only putting one thing in a bag really frustrates me. 

I also abhor the grocery store right now because the snowbirds have moved in and I swear our population has tripled. It’s ALWAYS busy. It’s 4 person deep lines during the middle
    of the day on a Monday. It was 4 person deep lines at 8:30PM last night because they only had two registers open. I dont have the
    time or patience for this pregnant and
    with a toddler often in tow.  I swear it wasn’t this bad last year. I want the stupid golf cart driving down the middle of the road birds gone and I might have to switch stores until they are, no matter how much I love my store. 

Basically Im a very irate pregnant person about my grocery store recently. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I can relate. DS has wore the same socks for three days in a row before. Specially because he is super particular about which pair of socks he feels like wearing at that moment and will sometimes take 5 minutes to decide. And I don't feel like spending that much time on socks so if he doesn't ask for new ones I just let it go. 
  • Options
    I don't feel like Christmas-ing this year - like at all. Bah f-ing humbug.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @runyogamom YES! This is me 100%.
  • Options
    Ha @pbtoast I do that and this is just my first pregnancy! Haha
  • Options
    @Dcwtada I am inspired by your parent trickery! Taking notes....
  • Options
    I had actual wine last night at my grandma's assisted living facility's big Christmas dinner (like, a tablespoon and a half, but out of a glass this time, not a dosing cup like a trashy junkie) and while it was delicious, it tasted SO STRONG. I actually added a few spoonfuls of water to it. Please, please, please don't let this pregnancy set me back to being 21 and thinking white zin is the height of sophistication... I'm legit worried about this.

Also my sister was there, who didn't touch alcohol while pregnant and voiced LOUDLY that if you can't give it up for nine months you have a problem (I love her and she is my best friend in the world but she has OPINIONS and they are strong). So I drank most of it before she got there and may have fudged how much there was to begin with. (My mom dropped the info that she "drank just about every day" while pregnant with me, in addition to her daily baloney sandwich and cigarette, but she "never had more than two or three glasses of wine at a time"...WHAT?!?!?! Sadly my sister didn't hear that or my tablespoon once a month so far would sound a heck of a lot less destructive.)
  • Options
    @ki1244 that’s hilarious 😆 I literally just read the Scary Mommy post about FASD and the study the referenced was SO skewed for the article written 🤦‍♀️ The comments were along the lines of what your sister would say. 

Oddly, last week Scary Mommy posted about occasional wine drinking in pregnancy being less harmful than we think 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Erin1510 I read both those posts and the comments too, big eye roll from me on both the articles and the comments. Then I was looking at DDs head to make sure it didn’t seem small 😂 🙄
  • Options
    I'd never give anyone grief for a glass every now and then during pregnancy. I don't do it but I don't really like it to begin with so giving it up isn't really depriving me of anything I'd miss.

In all reality it's pretty much impossible for them to ever do a comprehensive study on what it does to a baby because of ethics, but looking at drinking habits of moms historically, we'd be a lot worse off if it were that detrimental. 
  • Options
    I 100% believe that a glass of wine or a beer here and there is totally fine. Especially when you’re drinking slowly, eating food, etc where your BAC never spikes. I definitely have been more liberal with it this time around than the first time. I wouldn’t ever tell someone that not drinking is wrong but being shamed for that is excessive in my mind. 
  • Options
    @ki1244 lol your mom is funny and i am sure your sister was a complete saint and didnt stray from any of the pregnancy rules :| . Where I am personally not drinking during pregnancy (i am not a huge drinker to begin with - like not even a glass now and then) i also dont think it is the end of the world to have a glass now and then like @ShadeofGreen816 mentioned. 
  • Options
    @canuckbaby honestly she probably didn't break any of the "rules" when she was pregnant. (If her parenting of her kids is any indication, all bets would have been off for #2 but he's adopted so no pregnancy for her involved.) Thankfully she overheard me telling my cousins (each whom have delivered three normal, albeit poorly behaved, kids) about my OB's nurse who told me to not take communion until I had it cleared by the OB, so when I asked my OB if it was a concern that I kept taking it, she laughed at me -- and my cousins were all like "that nurse is a moron" (where my sister had told me she had a point). Again, my sis is my best friend in the world, outside of DH, and I love her to pieces...but DAMN GIRL.

Pre-pregnancy I had a small (like 3oz) glass of wine with dinner every night. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been legitimately drunk, and it takes an AWFUL lot to get me there (or at least it did) but I love wine, for the flavor and nuances and how it pairs with food. It isn't the alcohol I miss, it's the hobby. We're heading up to my parents' house later today through Christmas and I am 100% bringing my whiskey barrel-aged wine, and if it's as good as it sounds, 2nd trimester my wine consumption will probably increase to like a tablespoon a week, instead of every month. 😈🍷
  • Options
    @ki1244 glad you had your cousins on your side. I hope the wine you are taking is good. There is a spiced whiskey I could kill for right now but I am a light weight and feel there is no reason to drink it if I cant actually taste it. One teaspoon per what a quarter cup of pop? Lol
  • Options
    @runyogamom We have the same socks for DD, we bought like 3 packs of pain white ones so she has no choice or I swear she would be like your LO and need a million years to decide. How old is your LO? DD was 3 in November and she’s still not potty trained. We were going to do it last weekend but then we went out of town and are going out of town again the first week of Jan and I have no desire to deal with a newly potty trained toddler in an airport/on a plane/at my parents very clean house. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She won’t show up at kindergarten not potty trained. She doesn’t show any interest right now and she’s so stubborn I don’t want to fight her. I guess that’s my FFFC too.