September 2018 Moms

Christmas Vaction - wrong?

Last minute we decided to go on a family trip next week over Christmas. Most of our achrostmas festivities are over the weekend with the exception of ONE on Christmas Day. We will miss that one. My mom and sister are throwing a fit that we decided to be gone over Christmas (my moms side is Sunday evening and we won’t miss it). But my mom is having a fit that we don’t have a time to open presents with only her at  her house, without her mom and sisters family who will be at the Sunday evening Christmas.  I told her we can have it the following weekend when we get back. Mind you my mother doesn’t watch my kids unless it is convienient to her schedule. Since I had #3 9/26 she has been to my house maybe 5 times and we live in the same town. 

So, are we terrible people for deciding to take our children on a family vacation the week of Christmas? My husband already has the week off work so it worked really well. I think it’s ridiculous that I’m nearly 30 with 3 children and a husband being put on a guilt trip for taking a family vacation. Am I wrong?

Re: Christmas Vaction - wrong?

• No way. Your mom has to eventually get over the fact that it won't always be everyone together on holidays and you have your own family now. My husband doesn't want to travel over Christmas, so we're staying put. Me and baby will travel after the holiday to see family. Don't feel guilty that you're enjoying your family your way!
  • Not at all!  I hope you guys have a good trip