2nd Trimester

What's wrong with my 3 month old

Tonight my 3 month old screamed her face off for 2 straight hours and I tried everything. She didn't eat as much as she normally would, didn't have a fever, burped her, changed her diaper, no feber. She finally cried herself to sleep only to wake up an hour and a half later. What's wrong with my baby?? 

Re: What's wrong with my 3 month old

• Tonight my 3 month old screamed her face off for 2 straight hours and I tried everything. She didn't eat as much as she normally would, didn't have a fever, burped her, changed her diaper, no feber. She finally cried herself to sleep only to wake up an hour and a half later. What's wrong with my baby?? 
    1. This is the second trimester board.
    2. Ideas- has gas bubble that hurt, possibly teething, just doesn't feel well, over tired, ear infection, could be many other reasons.  Those days you just do what you can to make them comfortable, and have patience.  If it continues call the pedi and have her checked for ear infections. 
  • Adding that it could be colic. Babies have bad nights sometimes. Sometimes when you’ve met all their needs you just need to lay them down safely and walk away for a bit. Look up Purple crying also. I agree to check with your ped if it continues.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • My first thought is gas. We used to give my premie cousin something called Gripe Water when his tummy was all jacked up and full of air. With him and my niece's I would move their legs around and kinda give them a little baby work out too to help move those gas bubbles along during play time. Please talk to your pedi before giving your LO anything new though. You could also try a soothing bath if your baby loves them. A warm bath might help ease things along too. Hope you guys get some better rest tonight!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My son did this every night for months. Try turning off all the lights, and just holding her. If rocking isn't helping, stop. If holding isn't helping, just lay her down and sit next to her quietly. She could be over tired, over stimulated, hurting. There's no way to know, this is just a guessing game really. If I could go back in time, I would've tried to put my son to bed earlier (his screaming started around 6-7pm every night). Good luck, love. I know it's scary and frustrating. 

Also, take care of you. If you find yourself getting frustrated, it is okay to put her in a safe place (crib, pack n play, etc) and walk away. Take 5 minutes to breathe, drink some water, maybe get some fresh air.