May 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 12/21

Re: FFFC 12/21

• Options
    That's.not crazy, especially if he's OK with it too. I think you mentioned that he has some symptoms of asburgers (please forgive me if I'm misremembering!). If so, it might be easier for him this way  too, since he may not be thinking that you're worried or thinking of him! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You do you! 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I am going to suggest that for DH. Neither of us has trust issues, but he drives around all day as a realtor- it would be nice to know which area he is in just to ask him to pick something up. What app do you use?

• Options
    @chloe97 we use life 360. We actually started using it because H's boss lost his phone and H thought it would be great in case one of us did. But he actually lost his phone a few months ago and it was useless because the person who stole it turned it off 😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds My husband also keeps his phone on silent and is literally impossible to get ahold of, even if he knows I’m going to be calling him around a certain time, so I totally get your frustration.  Honestly if you’re both cool with that kind of app I think it’s totally cool. I only find phone tracking apps creepy when the person doesn’t know that you’ve put it on their phone or when it’s used for more abusive reasons.
  • Options
    Here is my FFFC, I'm a total stalker. Okay, not a total stalker. But if I have am curious about someone, I will find myself doing a ton of research trying to figure out a lot about them. Most recent example- DH's best friend moved into a house not far from ours and mentioned that the sellers were in the middle of a nasty divorce and were coming over daily to get their mail so the other one couldn't get it. So I googled the address, found out the couple's names, googled the names, found out all kinds of info about them- found their social media pages and learned that our babysitter's mom/FIL's coworker is a good friend. Most recently, a former coworker/friend who I have not kept in touch with who got married in September 2017 stopped posting on social media about her husband and had posted about egg freezing and so I have been stalking court records to see if she got divorced or not. She stopped wearing her rings about 6 months ago, so I assumed that she is- but now I want to know why! Her (ex)husband showed up on one of those reputation sites with a bad score and I seriously have thought about paying just to see what his deal is. Ha. I am horrible! I probably shouldn't admit to this behavior. I don't do anything with the info- I just need to know it! It's like an obsession.   
  • Options
    @beccaneu oh I totally agree. We're both 100% open to it, it doesn't bother us. He doesn't use it as much because I answer my phone when he calls me 😒 but it has helped my anxiety a lot. It's not about shadiness, he's just awful about communicating when he's out and it gives us both peace of mind. 
  • Options
    I had an awesome one the other day and now I forgot. 🤷🏽‍♀️
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @chloe97 I feel this hard. I am a major snoop/have to know all the things kind of person. I just get so curious! I am also pretty good at it, and I have to do it for work fairly often, so that satisfies a lot of my nosy tendencies. I also sometimes will get distracted and go way off in left field doing potential donor research. The other day, I lost more than half an hour because a google search turned up hearing records from where my research subject had sued because he thought the property value claimed by the city for his house was too high. Twas fascinating lol. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 YES- you are totally right- I have to do a ton of research like this for work too, so maybe that is where some of this comes from. It's so easy to go down a rabbit hole. I googled every neighbor on my street the week after we moved in, found LinkedIn sites and social media etc and now I feel like I know so much about them- that I forget to ask questions when we see them b/c I already know where they work, when they moved to the neighborhood, and how old their kids are and where they registered for their wedding 4 years ago. DH is always amazed at the info I have on people. 

• Options
    @chloe97 that sounds fascinating to be honest and I'd probably be doing the same thing as you. I can tend to "call it" with other couples' relationship problems and will certainly dig around to see if a couple has broken up/divorced. I don't mean to sound that I'm pleased if a couple breaks up, but many of these couples I do feel kind of invested in and curious about, especially if over the years I've been bombarded with photos of their wonderful life and cuteness - when that disappears all of a sudden it's like - wait I need to know what happened. 

I hope someone else can confess to this too, but every now and then I will check up on old boyfriends to see what they're up to. Trust me I'm happily married and absolutely not interested in any of them, but I'm just being nosy and kind of like getting little sketchy updates through social media.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @peachy I randomly do that with old boyfriends too. I’m super nosy! 
  • Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited December 2018
    Ha @peachy13- I definitely check up on old bfs. I think that’s 100% normal. Some of its pure curiosity, some is spite and wanting to know my life is better than theirs, and some of it is just a need to know they are ok- as in the case of my high school bf who has had a rough life.
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I used Find my Friends for DH and my mom. My mom gave us all a good scare once when my dad was out of town and she wouldn't answer her phone and they don't have a house phone. She was actually not doing very well she seemed totally out of it and sick and shaky, but we were all afraid she was lying in a ditch somewhere. So I snoop on her from time to time. DH gets super snippy at me if I call or text him just to see where he is, so it's easier for me to just check him on the app. 

My FFFC is that nap time and DD's bed time are my favorite times of the day.  :# I love her, but she's an exhausting tornado. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    We use Find My Friends on our phones as well. It’s nice to just be able to look at it and see if DH has left the office at the end of the day. I use it as motivation to get the girls to clean up before he gets home. 

Also MIL is late all the time, like ridiculously late, so we set it up so we can see where she is and if she has even left the house yet. She is also notorious for not answering her phone and there have been times where we didn’t know where she was for hours and genuinely concerned for her. 

My confession is DH travels a ton for work and there have been a couple of times where I thought he was in one state and in fact he wasn’t there at all, and was several states away. Like I thought he was in Missouri and he was in fact in Minnesota. Sometimes I check the find my friend app before I call him so I don’t sound like an idiot when I ask him if it’s really hot when he is somewhere that’s cold. Haha. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020