February 2019 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Dec. 19

This is for those due Feb 6, 13, 20, 27
1) How many weeks are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) R/R/Q

5) What are some of your favorite holiday traditions? Bonus question: Which traditions you intend on sharing with your child/children?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Dec. 19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Y’all, it is still Wednesday. I’m actually doing this ON TIME this week. *pats back*

33 weeks, celery-sized.

2) How are you feeling?

Oh, you know. Doing ok physically, though I wish this baby would find something to kick other than my left hip. Oof!

Two. Had an OB appt yesterday for the usual fundal height measurement/fetal hb check. MFM appt and growth scan on Friday for reasons I’ll rant about below. 

4) R/R/Q

Rave first: We found a doula!!! We were in a bit of a bind when our childcare plan fell through for our 4yr old, but we found a great doula and I’m excited for the help she’ll be able to provide me while my husband bounces back and forth between DD and the hospital. 

Rant: Preschools are germy cesspools and DD contracted 5th Disease. She had zero symptoms until the rash showed up, and by then she apparently wasn’t contagious anymore. Thusly, I also contracted the virus, and since it’s something that can potentially affect the baby, I’ve been transferred to the high risk team. I hope they are really thorough at my appt on Friday. I wasn’t overly impressed with their level of attention at my last growth scan (we have a complicated history and were seeing them for ultrasounds already). I’ve had a lot of anxiety about this whole thing, and I really need them to do everything they can to make sure this baby is ok.

5) What are some of your favorite holiday traditions? Bonus question: Which traditions you intend on sharing with your child/children?

We had SO many fun traditions growing up: Cookies, special Christmas morning breakfast, making pizza with Dad while Mom was out shopping, specific songs when we decorated the tree and opened presents. DH’s family didn’t really have a lot of traditions, and I struggled for a long time with wanting to keep my childhood traditions alive after we were married, but DH wasn’t into it. Since DD was born, I’ve realized that we really need to just start coming up with new traditions that are unique to our little family. We’re still working on it, but I’m hopeful that as the kids get older, things will naturally evolve.
  • Options
    32 weeks tomorrow. Ginormous 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Big and rolly. Like the fat pregnant lady.
    none
    4) R/R/Q
    I have no desire to work anymore, but I did agree to work untilthe end of January. Next two weeks I’m trying to do all baby preparation things.

It’s always been a tradition to go to neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights. I want to do that when everyone is old enough. Also my family has usually had some gifts or stocking items as jokes. 
  • Options
    @grebretso I feel ya on the middle of the night pee convo, DH is a light sleeper and always asks "are you ok?" 

32 weeks, squash

2) How are you feeling?
    Good!  Baby likes to camp out under my ribs which makes sitting with any leaning forward impossible

Tomorrow with an attending OB for the first time (I've only seen a resident and 2 different PA's so far) 

4) R/R/Q
    I haven't been very hungry in the evenings (super unusual for me ha) and so not felt like cooking so DH has stepped up a lot lately which i appreciate so i have a little something to eat and then lunch the next day

My mom's side of the family always got together Christmas Eve (think 40+ people crammed into my grandparents small house) but that's changed since my pap passed away a few years ago. So this year we're hosting the extended family on Saturday, hopefully it becomes a tradition
  • Options

32 weeks a Florida Pomelo

2) How are you feeling?

TIRED

Today my Dr scheduled my GD class for after Christmas and I got the supplies. I really think it's a false positive but I would rather be safe. Been eating good this past week :)

4) R/R/Q

Car seat is coming tomorrow and a close friend offered to host my baby shower in January! Huge relief!

Everything Christmas is great :smile: