Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check In W/O 12/17

ndz2018ndz2018 member
edited December 2018 in Pregnant after IF
This is my first time doing this so if I missed anyone I apologize. But whats shakin this week ladies??
  • How far along are you/ EDD?
  • How are you feeling/any symptoms?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • Any thoughts/questions/concerns?
  • Holiday is approaching rapidly, who's done shopping? and who hasn't even started lol? 

@hildy11 6/9 

@Griffin5413 6/21

@Bababatty  6/22

@optimisticmrsk 7/8

@blackhottamales 7/18

@flanners1  7/30

teenad82 8/9 

@babydust2507 ?

@suzycupcake

Re: 1st Trimester Check In W/O 12/17

• - 8 weeks 5 days / July 25th
    - Still tired AF!!! Other than that feeling pretty good today. Yesterday I had to leave work I just was feeling like utter crap!! I am having unreal sweats, especially at night ... i'm assuming its from the progesterone but the last few nights I've literally had to change my shirt at least once a night. 
    - I'm on my way to my first OB appointment with the Nurse/Midwife in about 10 minutes.
    - I haven't even started shopping lol I am a last minute person. I know what I'm getting everyone just need to find the energy to go to brave the stores and go and get them the rest of the stuff i'll be amazon priming today and tomorrow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello ladies :smile: This month has been a madhouse - I can't believe Christmas is a week away!
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 12wk3d / June 29th
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? so tired. and achy. definitely not missing the crinone/estradiol/prednisone combo though so that's a super plus! :smiley:
    • Any upcoming appointments? 12/20 NT/NIPT - we did PGS but asked our doctor not to tell us the gender so really excited for that
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? @Bababatty before you leave us (yay, onto 2nd tri!), I'll take any info about the NT/NIPT - I don't know why I'm so nervous about it! Also, yes, why am I still having nausea?
    • Holiday is approaching rapidly, who's done shopping? and who hasn't even started lol? about 80% done, all the family kiddos gifts are done - the shipping was stressing me out since we're traveling to the East Coast
  • @bababatty - Hey! So happy to see you graduating into your 2nd tri soon :) I promise, that "blob" feeling will go away ... another 2-3 weeks and you'll start feeling the sweet little flutters <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225!! I’m so glad to see you again! Congratulations on your TWO! FX for a great u/s on the 28th. And thanks! I’m definitely willing to trade this blob feeling for flutters any time now, haha.

@ndz2018 How did the appointment go?

@autumnlvs I was nervous, too, but it was actually a lot of fun. It was a much longer u/s than I’ve had before, part of which was because baby refused to turn in the right direction to get the neck measurement. But the tech pointed out all kinds of things they’re looking for, like limbs, heart, brain lobes (so cool to see those!), kidneys, she even showed us that baby had a full bladder—honestly I was kind of wondering how babies handled those functions in utero.
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 8w1day, EDD 7/30 
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? Still super tired and starting to get hungry at all hours of the day and night (midnight snacks anyone?).
    • Any upcoming appointments? This Friday ultrasound with our RE. We live in Asia so everything is on demand as long as you pay!  
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? Now that I’ve been given Vitamin B6 to get rid of the nausea, it’s totally gone, and I’m a bit worried because I have no symptoms apart from fatigue. Pregnancy is just nerve wrecking. 
    • Holiday is approaching rapidly, who's done shopping? and who hasn't even started lol? I’ve done most of our shopping online and sent it home to my family. Hubby and I are not gifting each other anything (we bought a big TV instead!). Got a few things for my 19 month old daughter, but it’s always a gamble and you never know if they will like anything you get them at this age... 
    @ndz2018 how did your appointment go? 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Hi Ladies! I always feel like I miss so much when I am off for a few days. We were traveling and then year end is crazy at work so I've been swamped!

@ndz2018 - i'm glad your appointment went well! I don't have a doppler mainly b/c I don't want to go crazy with it. 
    xiaopeapod  - welcome to the board! I'm impressed that you have everything wrapped under the tree already!

@autumnlvs - I don't know how you are not going crazy not knowing. lol. I wanted to know as soon as we knew eveyrthing was sucessful. lol. I'm with @ndz2018 about the NIPT. She said bladder was full so you could tell baby was swallowing. It's crazy what we can already see in such a short time!

flanners1 - my son just turned 2 and I think they are more excited about the boxes than the actual toys. 

suzycupcake - we are absolutely the gift! especially when we have to travel. Plus just wait until that baby gets here. You won't have to come up with a gift for at least a year. Just give everyone pictures. They eat it up! lol
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 13w4d - I can't believe I'm almost out of the 1st tri. 
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? - I'm loving that I'm finally done with PIO & Estrace! Still taking the nausea meds. I almost threw up this morning when I was getting ready. I hate that gag reflex!
    • Any upcoming appointments? - OB tomorrow. I don't think it will be too exciting. We did an U/S last time and the NIPT was last week. 
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? - They said I have an anterior placenta which means I may not feel baby girl move until later in the pregnancy. I had a friend my last round that had to get monitored every 3 days b/c she couldn't feel movement almost at all b/c of it. So hopefully I won't have that issue. I'm having all kinds of crazy dreams about the baby and irrational fears about losing late in pregnancy. I really need to stop reading the internet! lol
    • Holiday is approaching rapidly, who's done shopping? and who hasn't even started lol? I'm pretty much done. I need to wrap stuff but the ability to shop and not even leave the house is pretty awesome. Amazon is my bff these days. I need to pick up a few gift cards for my son's teachers and things like that. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 I totally have those late-in-pregnancy-loss fears, too. When we see the baby on the u/s, I’m fine for a day or so and then I get worried again. You’re the second person I’ve read today with an anterior placenta. I suppose that’s something they would just tell you? Asking because I haven’t heard anything about my placenta yet. :) 
  • @bababatty - I had anterior placenta with my first, I think I had to ask about it to find out (it was somewhere around my 16th week U/S - they were checking cervic height/thickness). My sister had it with her first, but not her second.

@suzycupcake - I made my first appt with my OB for 1/3 (I can't remember when I "graduate," exactly) since I was due for my annual tomorrow, they just moved it out a couple of weeks. Thankfully, my doc and his wife also went through this process, so he 100% understands and listens to the info/dates that my RE gives me instead of LMP. Since my RE does 9dp5dt betas, we just calculate my first beta at 4w0d. Which is kind of awesome because that means Friday is when I "move up," which is what it was with my daughter. Easier to remember. I totally feel you about it not feeling real yet ... I know things are coming soon, so I'm just trying to enjoy this period and trust the process/meds are keeping everything going smoothly :)

Also, I decided I need to be a bit more accountable with this pregnancy because I will have strong nutritional needs. Decided to get MyFitnessPal Premium so that I can ensure I'm getting enough protein, fats, and calories (and other nutrients). I didn't gain much with DD, but now that I'm potentially with twins (per Monday's U/S) and I've got a toddler who eats like a homeless frat guy AND now considered geriatric (*insert ROLLING EYES*) ... I gotta hold myself accountable somehow. Does anyone do anything like this - try to track water and food?
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 I was attempting to track food, but moved away from MyFitnessPal because it didn’t seem like I could set it for pregnancy needs. But maybe I missed something? Nominally, I’m using Wholesome, which does have a pregnancy setting but is more clunky than MFP.
  • mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited December 2018
    @MamaK225
    Just curious, how does a homeless frat guy eat? I have one 4 year old niece who basically lives on cheese, bread, mac n cheese, yogurt and chicken nuggets -- and a toddler niece who eats pretty much anything handed to her (especially savory things! meatballs are a favorite). My little one is just starting on puffs and some bites of soft food (pancakes so far). I hope she isn't picky since my husband is super picky and it's very annoying to cook for him (no cooked tomatoes except sauce, no pasta except occasional rotini or penne, no mushrooms, no red onions, no seafood, nothing spicey, etc....).

@Bababatty
    I had an anterior placenta and only found out about it after my doctor showed me one of my U/S reports since I asked about a few things. The tech had noted it in all of my scans but never said anything and doctor didn't say anything either! I started feeling movement (first time mom) around 20 weeks so it was about normal I think, even with the anterior placenta muffling things a bit.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 - I would liken it to eating anything/everything, with an affinity to the highest sugar/carb content ... and no qualms about picking things up off the floor or off others' plates. And possibly turning down things that look too healthy for them.

@Bababatty - I ended up finding an article on The Bump (https://www.thebump.com/a/what-to-eat-pregnant-twins-triplets) that gave me caloric guidelines with macro percentages, so just set it for that - and I'll just adjust the calories as the trimesters progress. I know I "maintain" with about 2200 calories, so the first trimester, I'm going for 2,500 a day with 50% carbs, 20% protein, 30% fats. Then I'll bump it up to 2,800 and 3,000 later.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @ndz2018 I have a doppler! Watch some You tube videos, they helped me out a lot being able to find the HB, etc early on. It's really a lot lower and using the doppler at an angle then was helpful. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 YES! That's what I keep hearing that I should go low when I get it. I will for sure watch some you tube videos! OR worst case scenario you can facetime me and walk me through it lol :p . What week did you start using it?
  • @MamaK225 That’s smart! I just tried to use Wholesome again today and found it annoying. I might dive down the rabbit hole and find my appropriate macros....

Ladies with dopplers, any brand recommendations? I’ve heard some are better than others and there’s a risk when using certain brands too often?
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited December 2018
    @ndz2018 Yes!! lol You can message me anytime! I think I started around 12 weeks. Wes came home with one so I figured I'd give it a go for fun! Even now, even though I feel her move more, I still some times have to work at finding the HB. My last OB visit it took my dr a minute as well. So don't get freaked out...these little one's have a mind of their own!

@bababatty I have a Sonoline B I believe it's called. My OB has the same one in her office.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @MamaK225 - what is up with that term Geriatric! it's seriously the worst seeing it. lol When we had the NIPT the lady doing the ultrasound said that it shouldn't even be used anymore because so many women are having kids later in life. That made me feel slightly better but not much. 

@Bababatty -one of the girls I know is using the Ovia pregnancy app.  It looks like it has more of a general tracking like are you eating grains, dairy, proteins etc. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2018
    @Bababatty Here is the one I ordered today 

• Thanks for the tips! I’ll look into these!
  • @Bababatty I also have the sonoline b.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• How far along are you/ EDD? 4 weeks, 4 days 
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? Exhausted! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 12/21 blood test #2
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? A milllion thoughts! I’m so ready to get off the infertility rollercoaster. I am praying I will be joining you all with confidence Friday. After our first round of IVF, I am definitely pregnant. So thankful for the success, however, my beta came back lower than normal, at 106. The nurse said not to worry, all could be absolutely normal, but I need to come back Friday morning for a repeat test to make sure it doubles. Anyone else have a low beta and success?! 
    • Holiday is approaching rapidly, who's done shopping? Not me! We have to finish up Saturday. 
  • @telda715 welcome to the board! I don’t know why they told you 106 is low? When did you do the beta? Usually the RE would be looking for anything beyond 50, so 106 is good. And yes, they will want it to double, but they want that with everyone - it’s a sign that the pregnancy is progressing. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you.

@Griffin5413 and @MamaK225 I’m also a geriatric pregnancy and am at risk for incompetent cervix. Who comes up with these names?? Seriously! 

For all you second time mums: are you showing already? I feel like my belly is already out there-  I can barely fit into my normal clothes and have already caved into wearing pregnancy pants. And I’m actually petite and slim usually, so it’s quite obvious. I don’t think it’s baby because I don’t feel the uterus yet (I think) but why do I look 20 weeks pregnant at 8.5 weeks? I haven’t told work yet so it’s starting to get tricky hiding this burrito bump. Would love to hear your experiences 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @flanners1 I so appreciate hearing your positivity. :) I am definitely trying to stay optimistic. I had the beta yesterday morning. Results came back in the afternoon. I asked additional questions when she said it was lower than average, like what numbers were they looking for? She said typically around the 500 range. But did say I shouldn’t worry, what is important is that they double. But of course, after a year and a half of trying, it makes me nervous. I go back tomorrow morning and will get results by time school gets out (I am a teacher). Praying we will be celebrating more than just a couple weeks off, and the holidays! 

You ladies crack me up! I am also geriatric, but can’t say that without laughing. I know more people over 35 and pregnant then I know younger and pregnant. 
  • @telda715 Welcome!! 106 seems like a fine number to me.. how many days past transfer were you for your 1st beta?? My clinic does our betas at 9dp5dt and they say anything over 50 you are pregnant. I know some clinics do them at 10 days past or 11 days past and some even more!! There could be many reasons it’s low but yes you want that number to double on your next beta.
  • @Bababatty
    I also got the sonoline b - same as the one my OB uses in his exam rooms.

@telda715
    500 seems high, but I guess it depends on the dpt? Our clinic does 8dp6dt or 9dp5dt and they say  anything over 30 is good in their eyes. 106 seems like a good number to me. The doubling is most important though.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @telda715 - Welcome! I'm assuming you had a 12dp5dt with your first beta? I agree with @ndz2018 that 106 sounds perfectly on track. Good luck tomorrow :)

@flanners1 - Ooooooh, what's an incompetent cervix? Sounds exotic. LOL.

@Griffin5413 - I still find it funny anything over 35 is considered Geriatric, especially when some of us are carrying babies made with eggs that were only 31 or 32 years old ;) I'm going to get more info when I talk with my OB at my first prenatal on the 3rd. I was supposed to go in today for my annual, but called them to say I needed to switch it, so they moved me out closer to 8 weeks.

@Bababatty - I think any time after 10-ish weeks it's "easier" to find the heartbeat via doppler. Just be aware if you have an anterior placenta, it will be difficult to find the heartbeat throughout the pregnancy because it'll be muffled. My DD was like that, so I didn't even bother.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @flanners1 - I have been wearing maternity pants for a few weeks now mainly b/c they are so much more comfortable and I figure why not! I am definitely already showing this time around. I feel like last time it wasn't until about 16 weeks. I'm almost 14 weeks now and I feel like I'm past the bloat into looking pregnant.But that also depends on what I wear. I feel like I'd rather people think I was pregnant than fat at this point so I typically wear a tighter shirt with a sweater so it looks like just my belly. lol.  I'm sure you being smaller you can definitely tell that its baby bump. My friend is petite and she looked pregnant really early with her 2nd. 

B/c I'm already overweight, I've really been watching my weight and I've only gained 2 1/2 pounds but I'm sure my OB will have something to say about it when I see her today. She made me feel terrible my last pregnancy and I only put on 25 pounds the entire time. I'm hoping to keep it around the same this time but we shall see.  
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 - Ha! I have been wearing maternity pants since I had my daughter in July 2016. They're too comfy and I'm too old (geriatric @ 35!) to deal with anything other than comfort if it's passable at work ;) Wow - 14 weeks and just now "showing?" I'm jealous. And only 2.5 lbs? That's awesome!! I'm barely 6w and I swear I've already popped (i.e. I can no longer suck in the top part of my stomach, below my sternum). I'm trying to wear things that are looser, but not obviously so until I feel more comfortable to announce. I'm carrying two and I hear you tend to "show" about 4 weeks ahead, so I'm happy it's the holidays and people are in and out of the office because I think it's only a matter of time.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @mamak225 LOL I don't blame you about maternity clothes! Best thing I think I did was buy them early and can see myself wearing them years from now. After "geriatric" so de get it!  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• How far along are you/ EDD? 10W6d, EDD: July 12th
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? nauseous and tired 
    • Any upcoming appointments? just had my 1st OB appt today and it went great! had another U/S baby HB was a lil higher than last time 174. not sure if I should be worried because I thought it was supposed to go down by now, and I jhave some BW done too. next appt is in a month! hope I'll be able to survive the wait! LOL
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? so many screenings! not sure what is really necessary and what we can skip, I'd appreciate any advice!
    • Holiday is approaching rapidly, who's done shopping? and who hasn't even started lol? OMG I haven't started yet that freaks me out! I think everybody will be getting gift card this year, don't wanna stress myself out! 
  • Thank you all!! I think they see higher numbers on average because they test so late. Our transfer was Dec. 6th, so the beta was early morning of 13dp5dt. 

As if I haven’t peed on enough strips and sticks, I bought more to mentally prepare for the morning. Thankfully they are getting darker, and showing up quicker each time. I don’t think we have anything to worry about watching those, but of course I’ll be guarded until they give me the assurance. Tomorrow afternoon can’t come soon enough!! 

You gals are a fun group!! Glad we will be together. :) 
  • I’m traveling so sorry for mini check in. I’m loving the activity of the board this week! 

I’m also 35 -sounds like we have a great group. 

10 weeks today-still have MS. I was on B6 and Unisom but it caused a horrible rash so now I just try to manage it by food intake. (Read saltines by the bed) 
  • @Griffin5413 Yes girl. I've made a rule that I will only ask STMs a question about pregnancy when I have one instead of Google because dayummm! Hugs because the fears are really heard <3 

@telda715 Welcome and congratulations! :) 

@blackhottamales Sorry you got rashes. Are the saltines helping? Safe travels <3 

Gies, I purchased two pairs of maternity jeans with removable bandia things. A STM told me to not be afraid to get them early. I'm so glad I did. Big difference in comfort level already!

I was scared AF earlier today, but all is okay now. Some moderate cramping and some super light brown spots. RE's office told me it's completely normal and to call if anything changes. Phew. We are looking forward to our u/s tomorrow. I hope you ladies have a nice evening :) 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @babydust2507 - Don't worry about the heartbeat. It really doesn't start dipping until closer to the 3rd trimester. DD's heart rate hovered around 170 and then dropped at some point to 140 until birth. It's perfectly normal :) 

@telda715 - Anxiously awaiting your good news. I hate when the clinic makes a comment, but doesn't give quantitative reasoning for making that comment ... all it does is create worry. The POAS-method seems to be working, so hopefully you will have any of your fears alleviated today <3

@blackhottamales - Eeek, sorry to hear about the rashes. Hopefully, they clear up very soon. Can't be comfortable, combined with pregnancy.

@suzycupcake - Yes! Maternity clothes, FTW ... always. I think I've worn "normal" pants about 10 times in the last 2.5 years since having DD and I'm always so uncomfortable. It's nice to be justified to be back in these modified-pajamas. So thankful we aren't stuck with wearing mumu's and other less-cute things like other mommies in the past!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't toss my maternity clothes after baby arrived -- they're just super comfy!! And the tops all have that ruching (spelling?) so they fit whatever size your belly is. No mumu's just comfy clothes. Admittedly, I'm not back to my pre-pregnancy size yet (not sure if I ever will be due to the c-section apron) but hey, my little girl is pretty worth it imo :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mamak225 - oh I started "showing" a few weeks ago it was just more of a is she even chubbier or is she pregnant type of showing. lol... not I actually sort of look pregnant. Don't be fooled by the 2.5 pounds... I'm already about 50 pounds overweight so my ob is always on my case about not gaining weight in the first half of the pregnancy. My realistic goal is to try to keep it around 20-25 pounds again. But I end up feeling terrible every time I put half a pound on. While I haven't kept the maternity clothes out the last 2 years, work out pants have been a staple on most weekends. 

So I need some advice and maybe I should go to the 2nd or 3rd trimester for it but my OB told me yesterday that they want me to take Makena shots which are progesterone something or other once a week for the rest of my pregnancy. My son was born at 36w 6d so 1 day shy of being full term. This shot is supposed to help with pre-term labor but I was reading the packet of information last night and some of the other side effects are: miscarriage, stillborn births, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure for you and baby, low amniotic fluid. I'm not opposed to taking a shot if that is better for the health of the pregnancy but those side effects are almost more concerning to me than if I go into labor 3 weeks early again. I'm really struggling with the decision. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker