mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
edited December 2018 in May 2019 Moms

This thread is for those due May 1-7

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: (Borrowed from Group 2) Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why?
DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 1 Check-In, Week of 12/17

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/2, 20+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan on Wednesday morning!!! Hoping all looks good.  

Rants/Raves?: Halfway, you guys!! Looking forward to hitting viability soon.  Also, I'm off starting Wednesday for Christmas!  MIL got into town yesterday and we're so thrilled she's here, the woman is a saint.  

How are you feeling?: Okay, loving feeling teensy kicks now.

GTKY: (Borrowed from Group 2) Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why?  100% introverted.  I have pretty bad social anxiety, so I go out and do things, but it's draining.  I'd rather be on my own or with DH.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/4, 20+2 (my date changed by 2 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my anatomy scan this past Thursday. Everything looks good and we found out we are having a boy. I was little disappointed because I was picturing a little girl this whole time *so much for my mothers intuition* but I got over it and I'm so happy our babe is healthy. We started thinking of names and picking out cute clothes! The ultrasound tech was very nice but my little babe is stubborn and I was there for 2 hours trying to get all the pictures they needed. That evening and for the next 2 days my belly was soo soar from all the pressure. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: It's slightly annoying to me that people at work keep asking what I'm having. I know everyone is just excited but still, we are having a gender reveal at my moms Christmas Eve so I'm waiting for that. 

Rave: Now that we know we are having a boy I am picturing all the cute things I will get to experience with my kid like baseball games and dance recitals! 

bHow are you feeling?: I'm feeling good! @mrsdee15 I'm also enjoying the little kicks I feel. I can't wait to feel more!

GTKY: (Borrowed from Group 2) Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why? Definitely introverted, both my husband and I are. We would much rather hang out at home then go out. If we are hanging with friends, its usually just one or two more couples for a game night or movie. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 I also have terrible social anxiety. I’ve always been this way and I hate it! I would love to be able to go out and not constantly think people are judging my every move!

@kaitcrystalline I know how you feel about people asking what you’re having. We’re not finding out and the way people have been reacting you’d think we were the first to ever do that!

Due date/W+D: 5/1. 20wk 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an u/s with the high risk OB and a meeting with genetic counselor last week because they thought baby had a club foot and my NT test came back high risk for neural tube defects. Turns out they ran the test with the wrong ethnicity and when they corrected that piece the results were normal...and there was no club foot it was just babes feet pressed against my uterus and turned all wonky. A lot of stress for nothing!

Rants/Raves?: I’m excited for Christmas. My kiddos are super into it this year which makes it even more fun!

How are you feeling?: Starting to feel more movement and overall feeling good!

GTKY: (Borrowed from Group 2) Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why?
    Introverted for sure. I have social anxiety and constantly think people are judging my every move when in reality they probably don’t give two craps about what I’m doing. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @babynurse1114 I am also terrible for caring too much what others think. My husband is so opposite and could care less about what people think. He is so laid back compared to me and I wish I had that attitude sometimes.
  • Options
    kmw611kmw611 member
    edited December 2018
    Due date/W+D: 5/5, 20w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): a venti coffee

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my anatomy scan Friday, we're having another boy💙 I won't meet with my midwife again until after the New Year. 

Rants/Raves?: my pregnancy brain hit an all time high when I lost my badge to get on the base today. I ended up spending 4 hours between pass and Id and base security to get a new one before I could get on base to work🙄

How are you feeling?: great! I've been sleeping really well the past few nights which is so refreshing.

GTKY: (Borrowed from Group 2) Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why? I'd say I'm introverted. I would much rather be home with my husband and son or with my siblings and parents on a weekend night than out doing anything else. 

@mrsdee15 I cannot wait to be off for 2 weeks for the holiday. Any big plans while you're off?

@babynurse1114 how awful! I'm glad everything turned out to be ok!

***edited because I hit enter too soon***
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 20w+3

Baby is the size of a(n): foot the size of a water bottle cap/axolotl/banana

Any appointments? Questions?: Ultrasound tomorrow after work and then OB appt on Wednesday after work. So excited to see the nugget again! We’re bringing DS along and u hope he #1 behaves well, #2 has a good nap beforehand, and #3 starts to get that mommy has a baby growing in her belly. We’ll at least have an experience for the baby book after it’s all over, I’m sure.

Rants/Raves?: I’m annoyed with our daycare and my husband. He, due to his own rude nature, got our son kicked out of daycare last week and our provider, due to her level of stress - she took on more kids than she thought she could handle - completely overreacted in a minor situation at best. I’m still livid about it all. We 100% anticipated it happening as we told her we were switching providers at the beginning of January anyway, but I can’t believe she actually did it and I can’t believe my husband was such a complete dickhead through the whole thing.

How are you feeling?: pretty good. I went skiing this past weekend for training at the ski school I work for and now my belly hurts a bit today. I have to teach on snow 14 days during this pregnancy and I’m not looking forward to my belly aching the way it did afterward. I’m going to have to KT tape it up next time to give it more support.

GTKY: (Borrowed from Group 2) Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why? I’m extroverted and introverted. In my classroom, you’d think I crave attention, need all eyes on me, and that I’m very outgoing. And while, yes, I am outgoing and I don’t mind being on stage, as soon as I leave my classroom, I very much appreciate not being extra social and crawling into my shell. Only a few people in my life really know a lot about me and even then, only DH, my mom, and my dad really know all of me and get how I need to function. My husband gets a bit annoyed about it as he feels like he never gets the outgoing Maggie ever and only gets the leftover, quiet Maggie. He’s right, I suppose, but I really need to recharge after a substantial amount of time pushing my limits/comfort zone on a daily basis.
  • Options
    @babynurse1114 we’re team green too and every time people ask what we’re having they can’t believe I wouldn’t possibly find out. I keep telling them, “the change is going to be that we’re adding another body to the family, not if the baby will wear pink or blue.” That seems to get them thinking a bit. 
  • Options
    @MaggieG183 I really like that response to people :) 
  • Options
    @babynurse1114 Oh my goodness, I'm so glad they corrected the risk assessment!  How stressful!  So glad to hear all is well. 

@fuscok88 Congratulations on your boy!! No huge plans, we did finally pick out a kitchen paint color, and I can't wait to finish that.  For some reason, the people who sold our house painted the otherwise very normal kitchen blue sponge paint with green bits, and before that it was Big Bird yellow... but we picked a sage green color, I think it'll look nice.  Any big plans for you?

@MaggieG183 I'm so sorry to hear about the daycare.  That's so frustrating, on all sides.  Do you have an alternative daycare you can start with?  Also, that's so cool (pun not intended) about the skiing!  How long have you been doing that?

• Options
    @MaggieG183 we brought my son to the ultrasound too and it was almost as fun seeing his reaction to it as it was to get to see the baby finally. I was hoping it would help him make the connection that there is a baby coming too. He liked hearing the heartbeat and now at least acknowledges baby brother and pointing to my belly. Hope your kiddo does well too! 

@mrsdee15 thanks! We're going to dive into potty training while I'm off so yay for that lol. Your kitchen sounds like mine. We started remodeling it right after we bought the house and found layers and layers of questionable choices underneath lol. It was kinda fun though because they were clearly from the 70s.
  • Options
    @babynurse1114 so happy to hear your babe is all good as well! That would be incredibly stressful. 

@fuscok88 good luck with the potty training :) 

@mrsdee15 you're so lucky to be off for Christmas tomorrow! I wish I was! I'm in a wedding show at the beginning of January and I'm planning my booth out. I can't wait for it to be over though and I can just start planning for the babe!
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: May 7th/20w, 0

Baby is the size of a banana 

Appt: We had our anatomy scan today! Baby is a girl 💜 the only concern brought up is that I have a low lying placenta. Something they will have to monitor and make sure it doesn't progress to previa. They said 95% of the time it resolves itself, so fingers crossed! 

Rants/Raves: I don't have rants this week, just glad to have finished up my semester!

How are you feeling? I've gone 2 days without nausea medication with minimal throwing up!!!! Progress! 

GTKY: I'm introverted in social situations, but can be extroverted when required for work/school.
  • Options
    @nuggetmama369 congrats!!! Hope everything resolves on its own regarding your placenta though! 
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 DH is reaping the consequences of his rude behavior this week and taking care of our son. After Xmas I am working a few days at the ski hill and we’ll have a person over for daycare during the times that DS is awake to give my husband a chance to get some work done (he works 1/2 time on the road doing sales calls and 1/2 time from home). It wasn’t a huge deal that DS was let go from care early as we have care that starts Jan. 7th at a new, better-Run daycare. The biggest issue with it is the lady who runs the old daycare has been a personal friend for years and her husband is my best friend’s brother. It’s just messy from a social standpoint. 

I’ve been ski instructing for 18 years now - some years full time, others part time. This year is part time, thank goodness! It’s great money due to where I work. Check it out - https://yellowstoneclub.com/ The ski area is super duper crazy exclusive. A person has to have 3 million in liquid assets to even be considered for membership there. 😜 

@fuscok88 I’m so excited to see his face and reaction to all this! 10 minutes to go!! And we are in the thick of potty training too. DS has been rocking it so far! We did the 3-day method and it worked so well for him! Good luck!

• Options
    @MaggieG183 that's what I was planning on trying. We've not had the potty chair out for months so he is used to it and knows where it is/that it's for pottying. We also have him sit on it at the beginning of our bedtime routine to try and potty. I'm hoping the 3 day method will really solidify things for him now that I can actually be home for several days in a row. 
  • Options

Due date/W+D: may 7th, 20+1

Baby is the size of a(n): venti coffee/banana

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my anatomy scan on Friday and everything looks great! 

Rants/Raves?: I'm loving feeling her move more regularly now. At my anatomy scan they said I have placenta previa, but after talking to my doc more, she seems very optimistic it will correct itself. 

How are you feeling?: Great! All of my sinus issues have seemed to subside (for now)

GTKY: (Borrowed from Group 2) Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why?: Definitely introverted. I also suffer from social anxiety, and social interactions take lots of energy to get through. However, when I get through them I do feel good about having gotten out of the house.

I'm so glad everyone in our little group is doing so well :)