April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check-In w/o 12/18

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? 

Re: Week 3 Check-In w/o 12/18

• Options
    Due date: April 16

Any appointments? Questions? Ultrasound and appointment tomorrow!! Here is hoping I get cleared from pelvic rest!

Rants/Raves? Counting down the last minutes at work before Christmas vacation!!!

How are you feeling? So much better. My heartburn has toned down a notch so eating isn't as miserable. As a result I put on 2 lbs in the last month, lol. Gotta keep an eye on those carbs. LO is moving around so much I'm starting to be able to see it on the outside. Still cute and not terribly uncomfortable...yet.

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? Stephen King's Dark Tower series was pretty addictive. I really love to be immersed in a super long series.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Due date: 4/20 - RCS is scheduled for 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Not until 1/4 - nervous about my placenta not moving up like it should. 

Rants/Raves? I'm annoyed with my back and sciatic pain. I felt my back tense up both yesterday and today and it made me panic about preterm labor (see placenta not moving) because I only had back labor with DD. I love feeling him move. 

We are finally to the painting stage of our basement project. Hopefully just a few more weeks to a month and then it will be done and then we can finally get our house in order and ready for little man.

How are you feeling? Overall, good but tired. I'm nervous right now. I just want this pregnancy to go relatively smoothly. As strange as this sounds, H and I are already discussing if we want to go for a 3rd. I'm not getting any younger and by the time my body will be ready to conceive again, I will be close to 34. So if we are going to go for #3, we have to decide relatively quickly after this guy gets here because chances of needing fertility meds again are still high. We want our family to feel complete, it's not about what sexes we have. But pregnancy also stresses me out a lot because clearly I don't have easy pregnancies. I guess I need to talk to my OB as well. Sorry for the word vomit, it's been weighing on my mind.

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? I haven't had a lot of time to read but I love anything by Liane Moriarty. I really liked watching the Netflix series The Crown and DH actually liked it as well. We are cheesy and total 90s kids so we are gearing up to binge Fuller House sometime over the break.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Prenatal on the 27th

Questions? Not this week

Rants/Raves? My OB has mentioned inducing me at 39 weeks and I am not really understanding why as my pregnancy has been healthy, even considering my thyroid. I'm planning on asking him to clarify at my next appointment because I don't see why we'd induce unless it was medically necessary. 

How are you feeling? Tired, starting to get back pain at the end of the day, but otherwise I feel good. 

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? I really enjoyed Small Animals, Parenting in the Age of Fear. 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments until next week. 

Rants/Raves? Rave: I love that the weeks are going by fast and April will be here soon. Rant: baby is crowding everything already. I get sick about an hour after eating because I didn’t realize my stomach is cramped. Rant: all I crave is meat. I just spent $90 on filets for 4 people because my mom was cooking us dinner and I wouldn’t budge with my cravings. I can’t afford this baby. 

How are you feeling? I’m randomly throwing up with almost no warning. I made DH breakfast on Saturday and threw up right next to him in the kitchen out of nowhere. I’m honestly surprised he didn’t lose his appetite. 

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? Hmm I got really into the Dave Ramsey debt books the last few months. As for tv show, we are obsessed with below deck and are currently watching travelers on Netflix and it’s amazing 

• Options
    Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? Not for a few weeks. Any opinions on whether or not lying in the dentists chair is safe in the third trimester?

Rants/Raves? Turns out the holidays are not my friend this year. Can’t have alcohol to cope with family. Family making me crazy. Living at MILs while we redo our house.

How are you feeling? Tired, bloaty, angry, teary, etc 

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? Call the Midwife was the show I was obsessed with. 

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess I don’t see why lying in the dentist chair wouldn’t be safe. As long as they know you’re pregnant and allow you to take breaks if you need to it should be fine. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Nope

Rants/Raves? Leaving for MIL’s house for 8 days on Thursday, so excited for DH’s family to get to see the bump! 

Can’t believe there’ll only be 3.5 months of work left once we’re back after the holidays! That’s crazy! Trying not to think about how much work I’ll need to finish up in that time 😬

How are you feeling? Wish I was was sleeping a little better, but otherwise good

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018?  Book would probably be The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter (and it’s sequel) by Theodora Goss. For TV I’m with @harveyisaboysname on Travelers

• Options
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? My next OB appt is on Thursday. I also have a chiropractor appt on Thursday and I’m sooo looking forward to that. I love my chiropractor.

Rants/Raves? DH gets home from his out of the country work trip on friday!!!!! I’m so excited. LO has done a lot of growing in the three weeks he’s been gone so I’m sure it will be a shock for him to see how big I’ve gotten! Can’t wait to have him home.

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good! Headaches have started up again and shortness of breath is no joke... but right now that all just feels pretty minor.

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? I read a book called beneath the scared sky. Historical fiction, but based on a true story. It was beautiful and extremely moving. 
  • Options
    @sheknows6 I am currently reading Small Animals too. Just finished part one. So fascinating. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? I had one last week. I brought DD with me & she was so funny interacting with my OB.

Rants/Raves? DH is contemplating a job change in the new year, and since our insurance is through his job I'm feeling extra stressed about this idea.

How are you feeling? Super tired this week. And hungry. Also, I pulled a muscle in my side exercising and it was incredibly painful. I don't even do anything super strenuous.  Also, TMI but when DH and I had sex this weekend I was sore for the entire day afterwards. Things were not this difficult with DD! Ready to hibernate until April at this point.. Mad props to the mom's growing multiples right now.

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018?  

Not sure if I really read any amazing books this year, sadly. I do read a few books each month, but my brain isn't thinking of anything.

I started The Good Place last month, and it's pretty great. Definitely my favorite show that I've watched this year.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Due date:  4/18

Any appointments? Questions? Check up this morning 

Rants/Raves? DH got his unemployment approved so we at least have some help while he’s job hunting  I’m hopeful that I’m the new year the options will be better. It’s our work ugly sweater contest and party today, my sweater is awesome but I’m super sad I can’t join in on the chocolate and cookies.

How are you feeling? My morning sickness came back...so shitty. Also the exhaustion is getting worse. And just really sore, my back is starting to bug me from all the weight of boobs + baby. Also my pelvic area is killing me half the time. 

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? I think the only new book I read was the latest in the October Daye series, but it’s my favorite series so. I never get tv time. Between DD and DH it’s never my turn. I did start rewatching Shadowhunters since I’ve been waking up super early and can’t go back to sleep. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @honey_suckle ahh I'm so jealous you have a course like that around you! Yeah, your di-di I think have like, a 30% change of being ID! I didn't know that until recently either. Also, I want the info on how to BF on the couch ha. I'm glad there were no issues when you told your parents. 
  • Options
    Due date: April 18 -- 23 weeks tomorrow.

Any appointments? Questions? I'll have an appointment on the 28th -- I'll get a followup ultrasound since we couldn't get a good look at baby's heart during the anatomy scan, and then the glucose challenge (yay....).

Rants/Raves? I'm gonna throw myself a little pity party for a minute, so feel free to skip over this if you want.

I absolutely loved being pregnant with my first. This pregnancy is just SO different and has been so hard on me physically. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful and I wouldn't change it. But it has just really taken a toll on my overall health this time around. I originally was thinking I'd like to have 3+ kids, but realistically we're probably stopping at 2. With as many complications as I've had this time around, I know it's not going to get any easier as I get older. So I'm sad. And tired. But also grateful and trying to enjoy each part of it (especially now that I'm finally feeling movement -- that's my favorite part!). Maybe it's just the hormones but I'm feeling like I'm on an emotional roller coaster and I don't know what to do with all my feelings right now.

How are you feeling? Trying to get over a sinus infection and counting down the days 'til I have a full week off work for the Christmas holiday. I definitely need it.

GTKY: What is the best book you read and/or tv show you watched in 2018? I hate to say this, because I absolutely love to read, but I've barely read any books this year! It's just been so busy. The only book I did read was Crazy Rich Asians, which I liked, but it's also one of those rare instances that I actually like the movie better than the book. As far as TV shows, I really got into New Amsterdam this fall.

• Options
    eli_belleeli_belle member
    edited December 2018
    @sheepshepherdess
    I have a routine dental cleaning scheduled in March. Lying in the chair shouldn't be a problem especially since they can adjust the recline so you are comfortable. I would just let them know if you need to be more upright.