May 2019 Moms

Appointments w/o 12/17

Any appointments this week? How are things going?

Re: Appointments w/o 12/17

• I have an OB appointment today. I went to it last week just to find out it wasn't until today. Today I'm sure 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an appointment after work today too. I am always anxious anytime I have one. Not sure what the doctor plans to do. I am still on pelvic rest which they said they would discuss at this appointment but not sure if they will do an U/s because I am so close to needing the anatomy scan. 
  • I have an appointment this afternoon too. I am so unproductive at work today because I am anxious. We should get to hear the heartbeat today! No ultrasound though.

@stormiewinter I hope your appointment goes well.

@robyn2201 So exciting! I hope everything goes well at your scan. Still a few weeks out for me.
  • Good luck,  ladies!!

• My appointment also went well. I am feeling much less anxious after talking to the OB. She seems very happy with how things are progressing and was unconcerned about the placental lake as far as outcomes down the road. Officially no longer on pelvic rest after 8 weeks! And my anatomy scan is scheduled for the 28th. We also discussed possibly getting my tubes tied (repeat c section) I just need to do a little more research before I commit. 
  • I have an appointment with a cardiologist on Thursday to follow up on my heart rate scare last week. I'm nervous, but really looking forward to finding out what's going on!
  • I have an appt with MFM Wednesday to discuss the bright spots on baby’s heart. Praying and hoping it’s something normal after all my genetic testing was normal. 
  • Good luck with all your testing. We have anatomy scan Friday and will find out the sex. I’m so excited to shop! 
  • I have an appt friday with my cardiologist to follow up on my high bp epsiodes. Hopefully i will just have bi-weekly appts with him instead of hoping the OB will take notice before 24wks.
  • OB appointment tomorrow. I'm going to try really hard not to forget it. Last time I got all the way to work (via bus), remembered 'shit. I have an appointment,' and then had to hurry up and take an uber back home to make my 8am appointment near my house. :lol:
    Oh and I also have to bring DD1, because daycare is closed, so I'm sure it will be a really productive appt.

Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • @journey721 I hope your appointment goes well!  DD had a bright spot on her heart, it turned out to be nothing - you'll be in my thoughts!

Our anatomy scan is tomorrow morning (Wednesday)!  I always get so nervous before appointments, I just hope Little Guy looks good, and also we get good news that nothing would prevent me from trying a VBAC (assuming he isn't breach like DD was).  I'm definitely looking forward to getting a nice, long look at him while they take all the measurements.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrsdee15 thanks. We will see- I’ve hardly slept all weekend :( 
  • @fatmonica so exciting!! Let us know!!!
  • @Stormiewinter I am interested in what your OB said about getting your tubes tied at your RCS? Will they do it or would they rather you wait? If I have a RCS, I'd like to get my tubes tied since I will be 40, do not want to deal with any hormonal BC anymore, and know that DH will put off a vasectomy until I've had at least 1 pregnancy scare. Sigh. My other thought bout getting my tubes tied versus DH getting a vasectomy of if something extreme happens that causes me to reconsider my decision (I would put the odds at less than .00000001%), we could still do IVF and we would likely be advised to do IVF +PGS after 41 any way b/c of my history.
  • edited December 2018
    @chloe97 the csection I witnessed during clinical in L&D, they also did a tubal ligation during it, once they got baby out. I was too busy gushing over the baby to notice how they did it, but it's easier to just do it while they're in there than do it all over again with general anesthesia and lap. 
  • @chloe97 my doctor brought it up. This is my third c section and I do not want to go through anymore lol. If we decide we want more kids dh and I have already discussed adoption or becoming foster parents and he is on board with both. My doctor said it’s easy to do when everything is right there on the table and doesn’t come with increased risks. She said if I had it done later I would have to be put under and go through surgery again. My doctor said they actually try to remove the tubes (so long as the arteries are not too in the way) since there is a possibility of that reducing risk of ovarian cancer, but if not they just clamp the tubes and are done. She said the only draw back is that some women have heavier periods later on. I am seriously considering it especially if it will help reduce my risk of ovarian cancer. I actually got pregnant this time on the pill, so that is obviously no longer an option for us lol.
  • @Stormiewinter that is good info to have and puts another mark in the RCS as I’m debating RCS vs VBAC. We haven’t gotten too far in the discussion with our Dr, but I think I will bring it up at our next appt.
  • I have an appointment on Friday. They have been seeing me every week lately because of my blood pressure and heart rate. I'm glad they're watching me closely, but I swear the extra appointments are stressing me out more. We also have to go over my EKG from last week and I may have to have a second anatomy scan at some point because we couldn't get a very good angle. I have an anterior placenta and baby is breech/lateral.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2018
    @poshspice DS ended up staying the position he was at 20 weeks (breech) until 37 weeks. I didn't start doing anything about it until about 34, I think? I have a cute picture where my midwife drew the baby's position on my belly. But I think I want to know again this time so I can start stuff earlier. I was SO stressed out that late because I knew the chances of csection were just getting higher and higher the closer we got to our due date. I scheduled a version to have him moved, but he flipped on his own the night before (thank goodness). But I don't know. Maybe it would be for the best if they didn't tell me his position 😂 last time I wasn't worried at 20 weeks because they told me he'd flip. But his head actually hung out the side of my belly for weeks 😂 I'll probably be a wreck this time. Okay, now I'm torn. 
  • Our little guy is already head down. Such a shame that we’re having to have a c section anyway. 😂
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds I spent so much time doing inversions, playing music on my belly down by my pubic bone, shining a light down there to encourage her to put her face by it... all the things, lol. We did an elective u/s at 31 weeks and she was head down at that point. I think I really did just stress myself out. I’m banking on the fact that DD turned that this one will eventually find her way. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @poshspice oh yes, I remember all of that 😂 considering I did it for like 4-6 weeks (I can't remember when we found out he hadn't turned yet after the 20w) I don't know if it actually worked or if he knew we were going to force him and decided to flip the night before 😂 apparently the version is very painful. I had random ass nurses coming into the appointment to congratulate me for not needing it anymore lol. 
  • Well my Dr is still seeing me weekly. I had an appointment yesterday and found out all of our generic screening results came back negative. My blood pressure is climbing again so they upped my meds to four times a day. That maxes me out and if it climbs again, the next step is bed rest. She is also treating me with Cipro for a kidney infection. They did an ultrasound on my kidneys to make sure there weren't any stones. No stones but they made me super does with all of the mashing. My bladder was hurting really bad this morning, too. I'm just exhausted with all of it. I go back next Friday morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker