Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 12/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: WTO Monday 12/17

• Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, BBT, OPK, all the FertilAids pills for men

R/R: This is going to be a brain dump as last week/weekend was really hard. H and I had a lot of difficult conversations.
    We got the results of his second SA. They were much better but still not enough (SA #1: 3.3 millions/ml, SA#2: 9 millions/ml). His motile count was in the normal range so this was really encouraging. We were feeling so hopeful again. Then on Saturday, his younger brother and his wife called us because they wanted to tell us something in person:
    They have been TTC for 18 months. They found out he had very low count (less than 1.5 millions). They made an appointment with a RE a few weeks ago and were told they had less than 2% chance of conceiving naturally. They were supposed to start with their tests/treatment in January for insurance purposes. Well, they are now expecting. It happened naturally. While we are thrilled for them, it took a huge toll on us. We feel like we lost allies in this TTC journey, if it makes sense. While it gives us great hope, we don't have time to wait around. They are 25. We are 36 and 37.
    And then H's other brother got his 3rd kid yesterday. I told my H his family isn't the best environment for us at this time. It's BFP and new babies all the time. There's been 1-2 births/year in his family (siblings) for the last 5 years. At this time, it is just too much for me. H agreed we should take some time off from them for our sanity.

CS/Q: 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, CM, HIO, BBT (!!)

R/R: I’M GETTING SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Is anyone else on the Christmas Express with me? Lol. We didn’t take one of our ~romantic~ walks through our neighborhood this weekend so we decided we needed to this week so we can see all the Christmas lights again (and the mini train setup!!). We also have a house down the street that has a full on tiny child-sized Ferris wheel. I kid you not.

CS/Q: Nah, dude. Still practicing. Lol.

• Loading the player...
  • @rikiteacup oh man, that’s so hard. I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to feel like you’ve lost people who understand what you’re going through. I hope you and YH are able to do whatever you need to do to feel better. Don’t worry about what others think, you need to do what’s best for you. Sending you creepy internet hugs ❤️
  • @rikiteacup

I just want to send you a gigantic hug. That’s a lot to deal with and I just want to let you know that we are all here for you. Take some time to digest all that information. ❤️ 
  • nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited December 2018
    @rikiteacup That kind of news is so so hard. You're probably thrilled for them but feeling... abandoned? Alone? Sad and jealous? Like nothing is fair (and it's not). I'm sorry for this. It is absolutely gut wrenching. 

@lillywonderland I am on the Xmas Xpress with you! EWEEEEPPPPPPPPP. I tried to talk DH into taking me to see lights last night but it didn't work :/ Maybe tonight

Month/Cycle: 14

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Prometrium, PNV, VitC, CoQ10, Levythyroxine

R/R: I had 1,000 things to do this weekend and I did approximately NONE of them. Instead I got tipsy on Saturday night then paid dearly for it on Sunday with an all day hang over. You guys, I MAYBE had 3 drinks. 

4 day week then I'm done till the New Year! Man I need a break! It's hard to come to work and sit on TB all day  :D:D:D

CS/Q: Bah humbug

• @rikiteacup that's so tough! I don't blame you for wanting to keep your distance for a while

@lillywonderland I think Christmas has come too fast this year for me to be that excited. Not done gift shopping and we still haven't put our tree up. I'm thinking we will just skip having the tree up this year but maybe later I will put up decorations since we do more seasonal decor than specific holidays

@nomangos23 I was you during the week last week. Having so many things to do and doing none of them. Sunday I was quite productive nearly completing a project plus finally getting all my clean clothes hung and put away. I had stuff that I wore a month ago sitting in hampers  :#

Month/Cycle: 18/17

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: letrozole, IUI #1, progesterone suppositories, PNV, vitamin D, getting DH to finish all the multivitamins and such that I've bought in the last year just to get rid of them.

R/R: I was finally productive this weekend! The project I'm working on is a white elephant gift. There's a bit of a backstory to it which I will tell later when it's finished, but I'm decorating a bowling pin. Now if only I had gotten to all the dishes sitting on the counter. I think the only clean plates are in our dishwasher now  :#

CS/Q: Since some time into the TWW last month I've noticed my temps haven't fluctuated much from day to day, and that's with oral temping! How weird. 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I think that's a good thing! either that on your thermometer is going out? lol one or the other!
  • @rikiteacup I’m sorry for what you are going through. It’s completely understandable that you need a break from YH’s family. Do what you need to do for your own sanity and know that your TTGP family is always here for you! Huge hugs your way  <3

@lillywonderland I love your excitement! I’m not quite there yet because there’s still so much to do and so little time. I’m thinking some christmas movies on my next day off will help get me in the mood while I wrap presents! Your neighbourhood really goes all out!

@nomangos23 Sounds like maybe you needed to let loose a little! Hope it was a great time. Glad you are almost done work until the new year!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: SMEP, Ava, CM, OPK, fertility yoga

R/R: Work the next 2 nights then just have 2 days off to prepare for Christmas! I can’t believe how this month has flown by! This is going to be a busy week and need to also fit in SMEP. I’m looking forward to going home for Christmas to see all my family. 

CS/Q: nah
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Month/Cycle: 3/3 

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, BBT, CM 

R/R: I was really hoping to give this cycle an all out effort but we have been sick for what feels like a lifetime. And because I was taking mucinex I was like the Sahara in terms of CM. 

CS/Q: none 

@rikiteacup I’m glad your husband was receptive to taking some family “time off”. Take care of yourself. 

@lillywonderland That is both ridiculous and great. I want to see this yard Ferris wheel. 

@nomangos23 My least favorite process about aging has been how extra my hangovers have become no matter how much or little I drink. It sucks! 
  • @inthewoods23 That sounds like a cool gift, can’t wait to hear the story behind it. I’d also love to see how it turns out! Great that you were productive this weekend. I get so overwhelmed with the long to-do lists, sometimes it’s easier if I just pick 1 thing and focus on that.
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @rikiteacup:  Many (creepy, internet) hugs to you.  That's a lot of difficult info to get all at once.

@lillywonderland:  A ferris wheel.  Wow.  How fun!  And, I'm on the Christmas train, too....wish I was off work and could just do fun stuff all day long!

@nomangos23:  The hangovers nowdays are FOR REAL for me, too.  Like, one glass of wine makes me sleep poorly.  Ugh.  

@inthewoods23:  That chart looks like it's off to a good start!

@misshelen86:  hopefully you can fit everything in....it's tough to be on a night schedule!

@motherofdragons:  Ugh on being sick, particularly during more important times of the month.  Booo.

Month/Cycle:  Cycle 6  

CD:  2

WAYDTGKU:     SMEP (wasn’t very good at it last time), OPK, BBT, CM/CP, and still taking inositol and PNV. daily activity/exercise. (20-30 minutes)

R/R:  Monday...enough said.  I also showed up to do some work for an off-site contract today, and no one was there.  I went at 930, thinking that certainly someone would be at work by that point.  Nope.  So now I guess I go back this afternoon?  Ugh.

CS/Q:  No so much a CS/Q, but more musings in general.  We officially started trying this summer, but were NTNP for about 1 year total.  If I'm honest in looking back at these 6 months, at least 2 of them were timing busts (due to travel, sickness), with no BD in the FW (or only one) and one an-O cycle.  So while my 6 cycle looks glum, I think really we've had  like 3 "good" cycles.  This made me feel a little better this morning, although it also made me a little mad at myself for the missed opportunities.  Oh well.  Keep on keeping on. 

• @lillywonderland welcome to the BBT world! It will tell you a lot about your cycle.
    @nomangos23 thank you. You nailed it. Sorry about your hangover. Drink lots of Gatorade!
    @inthewoods23 I am curious about your white elephant!
    @misshelen86 good luck with your christmas preparation. I agree, time is flying by!
    @MotherofDragons I recommend the Baby Dance lube. It is sperm friendly and paraben free (unlike Preseed). You can buy it online at FairHavenHealth and delivery is super fast.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @lcking82 3 months truly ttgp isn't bad at all! And missed opportunities SUCK. I remember being on the bench and watching them go by soooooo slooooow. Hopefully there are nom ore of those any time soon!
  • Hi, ladies!

@rikiteacup that's a lot of difficult things you're dealing with. Internet hug to you <3
    @lillywonderland hooray for Christmas spirit! That tiny Ferris wheel sounds AMAZING.
    @nomangos23 omg the older I get, the worse my hangovers are. They last for what seems like eternity even if I only have a few drinks. MH calls it borrowing happiness lol. Hope you had fun Saturday night!
    @inthewoods23 I'm curious to see the finished product! White elephant can be such fun.
    @misshelen86 December really did fly by.  Safe travels and have fun with your family.
    @MotherofDragons Feel better soon!
    @lcking82 that's a good outlook to have. Definitely goes to show that timing is everything! And even then it's not a guarantee, which is so annoying.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, fertility monitor (Clear Blue), prenatals

R/R: 8 more wake-ups until Christmas!!!
    So... I ended up going to the ER on Thursday night because something felt really wrong with my stomach. I had nausea, the worst acid reflux I've ever had, vomiting, and (sorry this is gross) diarrhea like all at once.  Long story short, I think that I am having the worst AF symptoms in the world since my body hasn't been used to the pill for 12 years. I feel like garbage. Did anyone else experience anything like this on the first couple of cycles after coming off BCPs? I'm hoping next month is better!

CS/Q: not ATM.
  • @themadcamel Really? That's the best they could come up with? That's terrifying! Have you started any vitamins recently? Did you have bad AF symptoms last month? Once I broke out from head to toe itchy hives. The docs said it was stress but I found out it was a terrible reaction to something in Mountain Dew! What would have known?! Maybe it was something odd like that?
  • @nomangos23 yeah, I have no idea.  I stupidly thought I was having pregnancy symptoms, but I was only 8 DPO.  This is my first cycle off of the pill, but last month I had no problems. It could've been an allergic reaction, who knows? So weird. I have an annual appt coming up with my ob/gyn on Jan 7, so I will definitely be asking her about it!
  • @rikiteacup I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult week (slash year, it sounds like.) I can see where in fam situations, ppl who think they're being encouraging might actually be really hard to be around, so I'm glad you & YH agree.
    @lcking82 As someone who was also NTNP for what feels now like way too long (March-Sept.), w/ only 1 BD often during my FW (which I'd been mapping forever but only based on the length of my period), i FEEL YOU. I guess: hindsight is 20/20, right? Keep on keeping on indeed. I hope you did a lot of other fun stuff during NTNP that maybe you wouldn't have if you'd been TTC then. Like, not stress about the quality of yr CM or when you O'd at the VERY least haha.
    @inthewoods23 Samesies on the dishes. oooops.
    @nomangos23 Nooooo nothing worse than an undeserved all-day hangover! the deeper into the 30s I get, the easier it is for me to be wicked hungover off of like 3 adult beverages. There was this great article I read once that was like "how to consume alcohol into yr 30s" and it was all like--start early, only drink heavily early, after 2 drinks, drink 8 oz water for every drink you have. don't mix alcohols--stick with one type. if you're gonna drink beer, drink it after alcohol, not before. if you're gonna drink wine, drink wine all night. NOW, while this is advice I have clearly memorized, it doesn't mean I always take it... 
    @lillywonderland I, too, am impressed by your xmas enthusiasm! I wrapped some gifts last night--let me tell you, wrapping is my favorite part--but I'm not "done" shopping enough to wrap the rest. Maybe I need to make some cookies or something. It's actually been decently cold (at least at night) down here in southern Louisiana so it kind of feels more like Christmas--I am going to ride your xmas train of excitement vicariously. 
    @themadcamel ergh that sounds terrible. i hope you're feeling better now!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNV, FF (BBT, OPK, CM), RLT, & this week... we're gonna HIO! Wooo.

R/R: the NFL team I cheer for kept their playoff hopes alive last night! woot! It's a long shot for them to make it, but I like having hope. Having hope is my fave. /  I drove downtown yesterday to do some xmas shopping and 1) the holiday bazaar craft market that said it'd be open til 10pm (yes, on a Sunday, which yes, I thought was weird--) was NOT open, AND then I went to the science museum giftshop & found some stuff to buy--but I'd forgotten my wallet. -_-

CS/Q: I feel like I should prrrrrobably "discard" the super low temp from early in my chart when it was absolutely nightmarishly cold in my house & I was still temping orally, but since it's my first-ever chart, I'm leaving everything as is bc it's all gonna be a mess. I mean, we're leaving Sat. to drive up to the NE where our fam lives--it's a 20+ hour drive [don't worry, we'll stop at a motel & sleep at some point]-- w/ the dogs (our two 50 lb beasts) so, I mean. All. A. Mess. But bc I love it anyway, here's my macaroni-glued-to-a-plate-but-calling-it-art chart:
  • @rikiteacup I'm so sorry you received that news, but good for you for recognizing your need to step away for a bit.  I'm glad the SA results improved, and I hope this gives you the boost you need to get out of here!
    @lillywonderland A ferris wheel??  I'm not big into Christmas but I can respect that level of enthusiasm.
    @nomangos23 Adult hangovers are the wooooorst.  I'm such a lightweight these days, too.  One glass of wine and I'm good :D

@inthewoods23 Yay for productivity!  I'm intrigued by the bowling pin you are making.  Can't wait to hear the story!
    @misshelen86 I agree - I can't believe it's already mid-December!  Where are you finding fertility yoga classes?
    @motherofdragons Sorry for the sickness :/ I hope you can still get the perfect timing in!  When do you usually O?
    @lcking82 Ugh what a bummer of a Monday.  I hope the rest of the week goes better for you!
    @themadcamel Yikes!  That sounds intense.  I haven't ever had AF symptoms like that.  Maybe it was a fluke stomach bug?
    @kagesstarshroom What NFL team do you root for?  I'm typically more of a college football fan, but that's because I grew up with the Browns LOL.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, HIO EOD, Prenatals, Aspirin

R/R: Getting super excited for DH and I's Christmas vacay!  We leave Wednesday.  We haven't been on a proper vacation (longer than a weekend) in almost 2 years!

CS/Q: Nope.  The past two cycles I've O'd on CD16, so here's hoping it's soon!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Lurking from TWW

@rikiteacup, so glad you and H are feeling more hopeful after his improved SA results! <3
    @lillywonderland, HECK YES I'M EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS TOO! Gif below is me with my husband  :D
    @nomangos23, hope you can talk your H into seeing the Christmas lights with you tonight!
    @inthewoods23, I'm excited to hear the backstory with the bowling pin. Sounds fun!
    @themadcamel, OMG how scary! Hope you are feeling better today.
    @SpongeWorthy, I hope you and your H have a lovely Christmas vacay.
  • @SpongeWorthy the defending World Champion Philadelphia Eagles. 💚Sorry about that whole Cleveland thing--though, they're looking way better this year than any recent year in the past!
  • @SpongeWorthy I’ve been doing the yoga fertility videos by YogaYin on youtube! Love them. Enjoy your Christmas vacay!
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• I FOUND A CHRISTMAS TRAIN!!!

@nomangos23 getting tipsy sounds so much more fun than doing adult things. Hangovers suck though. I’m so envious of your time off during the holidays! I don’t have a ton of PTO so I’ll be schlepping it at work in between holidays with the other unfortunate ones. 

@inthewoods23 Please share pics and the backstory to the bowling pin! We needs to know!! 😁

@motherofdragons Do you have any lube/preseed? That should help with your *ahem* African desert predicament. 

@icking82 I’m hoping that the this cycle is key for you!! Work travel sucks and I know it’s going to mess us up once MH starts again in a couple weeks. Bah humbug!

@themadcamel Maybe it was food poisoning? I dunno, that doesn’t seem like a reaction to coming off BC, but I’m not a Doctor (I only play one on TV! Lol!) I’ve had some nasty bouts of FP and it sounds like that.

@kagesstarshroom I wish we could be friends, but we are a Pats/Cowboys household. 😜 

@spongeworthy If you don’t mind sharing, whereabouts is YH taking you on your vacay? Somewhere warm and sunny with a pina colada??

@galentine Waaaaaaah!! I can’t see your gif!! 

• @kagesstarshroom Yes you would think the browns were in Super Bowl contention the way people talk around here  :D But it is nice to have some wins for once.
    @misshelen86 Thanks!  I’ll have to check out those videos.  I started doing some yoga again recently and I’m really digging it!  Anything to help the cause  ;)
    @lillywonderland We’re going to Cancun B) All the sunshine and fruity drinks, please!
    CP 3/2019
  • @lillywonderland I watch the Dallas/birds game last weekend w/ a Dallas fan friend of mine--&, weirdly, even though I h8h8h8 the Cowboys, I had a really good time? Like, I was still sad/upset/angry we lost, but I kept thinking as I was driving home "I mean, but I had a good time." & I guess sometimes, being a sports fan *is* kind of about the camaraderie. But you won't catch me saying that on most days we get beat haha. The Packers are alright. As I like to say, lol, when I find a man attractive Aaron Rodgers can get it. (Wasn't his brother on, like, the Bachelorette one season? His brother can get it, too...)
    @SpongeWorthy lolol I mean--I think it's definitely "cute" how exciting it's been for the Browns/their fans this season. What college team do you pull for?

• @SpongeWorthy:  my dad is from Cleveland, so my fam has always loved all the teams!  He messaged me last week to point out that the Browns were not in last in their division. And when the Cavs won a couple of years ago, it was adorable how emotional he got. 
  • @kagesstarshroom DH and I went to Ohio State, so we are those insufferable OSU fans  :D 
    @lcking82 Awww my dad is the same way.  I was downtown for the Cavs win and everyone flooded the streets afterwards.  It was glorious <3
    CP 3/2019