Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 12/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Tuesday 12/18

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2018
    Month/Cycle: 14/15

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, BBT, CM, starting clomid this cycle

R/R: both a rant and a rave that I’m back in WTO. I’m just glad AF finally arrived last night so we could get moving on this cycle. Was hoping I’d get KU last time so we wouldn’t have to awkwardly BD while we’re at my parents’ house for Christmas, but what can ya do. Also just want to say for any TWW ladies lurking, I’m sorry I never came back yesterday! 

CS/Q: for anyone who has been on clomid/ letrozole, did it change your O date? I just assume mine will be later than normal since it’s usually around 11-12 and I’ll be stopping clomid CD 7? 
    Edited because I thought of a question! 
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited December 2018
    @b_1029 funny that you ask that because I've had the same question the last few days and I now majorly regret continuing to temp during this IUI cycle because I got a massive temp increase this morning so now I'm freaking out that I already O'ed on CD10 but normally O is around CD17-19. I haventh felt any different from previous cycle so I don't think I O'ed already. I have been battling a cold and congestion so I'm just going to attribute the temp jump to that to make myself feel better

Month/Cycle: 18/17

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: letrozole, IUI#1, progesterone suppositories, vitamin D, PNV

R/R: just trying not to panic!! Ugh! I would hate for this cycle to be a bust!

CS/Q: look at that temp jump! It is waaaay too early! I'm going to stop temping to save my sanity so I can be blissfully unaware of any signs that O may have happened so the midcycle US in 2 days can tell me instead.

ETA: forgot to put my chart in a spoiler

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I would guess it’s just because you’re sick since that’s way earlier than normal! But then again I don’t know anything about the effect fertility meds have on O. Have you had any other fertile signs?
  • @b_1029 nope, not that I'm aware of. Haven't done any OPKs and I haven't noticed any CM yet. I've been sick the last few days but I'm surprised I haven't seen the higher temp until today.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 @b_1029 when I took clomid I didn’t ovulate but did get some hot flashes. So maybe that could make your temps weird?  
  • Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, CM, HIO, BBT, SMEPish

R/R: I forgot my tea in the garage. So sad. Also, the train is backwards, some kids cut me in line getting onto the train and someone is sitting next to me. I’m trying to be in a good mood today, but the universe is plotting against me! On the plus side, my amazon package is coming today! Wahooooo!

CS/Q: Nah, dude. Still practicing. Lol.

• @b_1029 I have no firsthand experience about your question regarding clomid. Is there any chance you can go to an RE? Does your insurance require some time at an OB? It just seems like there’s more monitoring at an RE.

@inthewoods23 I wouldn’t be too concerned just yet as you said you’ve been battling a cold. 
  • @b_1029 no advice, good luck this cycle!

@inthewoods23 I had strep throat a few cycles ago and had a huge temp spike like that, I agree with pp, it's most likely the sickness.

@lillywonderland I hope your day gets better.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: bbt, pnv, vit d, cm

R/R: we have a Disneyland trip planned in September next year and last cycle was my last chance to get ku and have baby before the trip, you know, because life always works out perfectly like that lol

CS/Q: nope
  • @lillywonderland I did meet with an RE that my OB referred me to. I know my insurance covers that much at least. Going into the new year, I definitely need to do more research on what's covered and what isn't under my insurance in terms of different IF treatments. I'm sorry your day is all sorts of wonky, hope it gets better from here on out! Anything exciting coming from Amazon today? A bunch of OPKs?
    @splashmountain yep, life definitely always works that way haha. GL to you!
  • Month/Cycle:  cycle 6

CD:  3

WAYDTGKU:  OPK, SMEP attempt, BBT, CM/CP, inositol, PNV

R/R:  nothing really to add here.  These "single-digit" days of my cycle always drag....

CS/Q:  not yet
  • @b_1029 I'm sorry for AF but I understand the relief of her finally being here. From what I understood from my RE, yes, ovulation inducing medications pretty much can change everything you know about your "typical o." Including the day of O, the CM, the CP, the pre O symptoms, etc. FX this is your cycle! 

@inthewoods23 Have you been tracking CM? I don't think you'd O without some sort of fertile CM. CD10 is really early. FX for you!!

@lillywonderland How is charting this cycle going for you? Sorry about the tea, and the asshole kid, and the asshole who sit next to you. Ugh. Anything good in the Amazon package??

@splashmountain Lol I know exactly what you mean. 

@lcking82 I get what you mean but I'm also a little thankful for them so I can re-set for another O and TWW. I feel like it's my body's way of giving me a mental break! Also, a nice little break for some wine drinking hmmm? :) 

Month/Cycle: 14

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Progesterone, CoQ10, VitC, CM, OPK, CP

R/R: Does anyone else struggle taking their supplements? I have this one (myCoQ10) that's an odd shape and I gag on it almost every night and have to try multiple times to swallow it a second or third time. I've NEVER had issues swallowing pills until this stupid one. And It would just be like F it and leave it out but it's kind of an important one. 

Also, I had a BIZARRE dream that I was pregnant and had a baby except... it came out as a kitten. Are you kidding me subconscious? I can't even have a real dream baby?

CS/Q:
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited December 2018
    @nomangos23 haven't paid attention to CM yet since it's only CD10 and AF ended only a few days ago. But... Just checked now and I would consider it... watery maybe? I still have a hard time figuring it out but it's wet and slick. I'll have to check what I had for CM previously to see how many days I might have before O.

ETA: ok, I'm changing my answer as I keep thinking about it. It was slightly tacky so maybe it's sticky CM, not watery even though it felt wet.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nomangos23 Ooh yeah I find the ones that aren't coated in, like, gel/plastic way way harder to swallow. Also, lol kitten. 
    @inthewoods23 Yeah, I am having trouble telling the difference too sometimes. I started checking as soon as AF ended--& definitely it was sticky a few times once it stopped being the Sahara. TCOYF says to pay attention not just to what the CM itself actually feels like but also the "sensation" of it--which I found helpful advice. 
    @lillywonderland The train is... backwards? I so miss riding a train to work. I am hoping/praying my dream job is in a city & we can get a place right outside said city that's woodsy & I can take public transit into work. & read on the train... and do the crossword.... I am nostalgic for my city days!
    @b_1029 Ooo the awkward BD at the 'rents--ahhh! i have no advice just--sympathy/godspeed. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 12 (I wrote my CDs in my planner so I wouldn't get them mixed up with the date! I am so smart, s-m-r-t!)

WAYDTGKU: PNV, FF (OPK, BBT, CM), RLT, the usual.

R/R: We took the dogs to the vet to get the pup chipped before we travel and to double-check the chip info attached to her older bro's chip is current & then we took them to the dog park & ON THE WAY to the dog park, we stopped at Target bc DH was starving (they have a Starbucks in there) & the pup barked RIGHT IN MY EAR really loudly & like now I feel like I have hearing damage. Also, DH has been super down lately (he suffers from a mental illness) & this is our week to DTD, so-- I have been as cheerful as possible! & I event baked a cake! But our timing might not be as... much as I wanted it to be this month bc he's going thru a sad spell. [Cake in spoiler--it's just a yellow box cake w/ homemade cream cheese icing, but it's yum.] Rave: I feel like I shouldn't include so much ranting w/out a rave? UMM. I successfully mailed all but 2 of our xmas cards yesterday. I also didn't check my email/social media until after noon today, which is a December miracle. 

CS/Q: la la la nothing special la de da 

• @nomangos23:  You definitely have a *very* good point about the wine...I picked up a sixpack of a new cider to try just for this occasion!!  And yes, I also struggle to take supplements if they're that chalky texture (as opposed to capsule form).  Why are all supplements SO BIG???
  • Newbie here! Happy to be joining in here!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPK, HIO when DH isn’t asleep by 8 pm :neutral:

R/R: My mom has been visiting the past two weeks and she left today, so that’s a downer but I’m looking forward to having some down time with my H finally. 

CS/Q: When should I start taking OPK’s? I generally ovulate around CD 21 when I’ve tracked in the past but my cycles have ranged from 29-35 days over the past few months. Is CD 11 too early to start? I’ve got wondfos so I’m not too worried about wasting them. 
  • @krassa0315 did you get instructions with your Wondfos? There's a chart that will tell you what CD to start depending on your cycle length. They recommend starting based on your shortest cycle length (so for you that would be 29 days). You're probably a little early to start on CD11, but the first couple days you'll only use 1 anyway until you start getting a darker line. When it starts getting close to a positive is when I'll do 2 a day to test when I wake up and when I get home from work.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nomangos23 a kitten! lol! Hopefully that manifests into a real baby this cycle. Not that kittens aren't cute and all, but...
    @kagesstarshroom the worst part is...no locks! And old beds! I'm sorry YH is down right now and that's so nice you made a cake. I hope it cheers him up!
  • Sorry I was MIA this past weekend and yesterday! DH has his knee surgery so I’m playing nurse trying to make sure he doesn’t injure himself. Will be back to tag.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, FF, PNV, EPO, preseed, raspberry leaf tea

R/R: just running myself ragged taking care of DH

CS/Q: nothing! Missed you all ❤️
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @krassa0315 ...sooo I lost my instructions to my wondfos (i read them & underlined stuff & then put it back in the box & then took it back out again to read again &--who knows where they are.) soooo if you're in a similar boat, here's a link to the PDF version of them I printed from the world wide webz. it depends on yr average cycle length, like @inthewoods23 said, & there's a helpful chart in the instructions.
  • edited December 2018
    @nomangos23 love the kitten dream. I had one recently where my coworker was serving champagne to everyone (at work of course) but would only give me sparkling cider while winking at me because she just knew I was ku...

@kagesstarshroom I'm sorry YH is having a hard time. You seem like a great wife, baking for him. Baked goods always perk up MH!

@stephanie123456 I hope your H recovers quickly!
  • krassa0315krassa0315 member
    edited December 2018
    @kagesstarshroom @inthewoods23 Thank you! That is really helpful, and yes I also lost the instructions at some point! 

@b_1029 We will also have to HIO this month while my in-laws are staying with us, super excited about that awkwardness 
  • @b_1029 Sorry you’re back here. Sorry you’re now facing down some awkward sex. Always super romantic with mom and dad in the house 😑

@inthewoods23 I’ve been sick this cycle and aside from the four days I had a fever and couldn’t count those temps, I had random spikes on early CDs. I attributed it to coughing and general restlessness at night not letting my body fully go down to normal resting basal temps. Hope this is the case for you as well and this isn’t a busted cycle. 

@stephanie123456 Hope his recovery goes smoothly so you aren’t having to run yourself ragged for too long.  

@splashmountain Do you guys have a contingency plan for your trip in the event you get KU now? 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 17 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, BBT, CM 

R/R: My chart is on the struggle bus this cycle. Missing temps from fever, random spikes from restless sleep, and of course my BBT wandered off and I couldn’t temp this morning. Just waiting for a few more temps so I can move over to TWW. 

CS/Q: None. 
  • @Mother0fDragons we're keeping it as is for now. No point in moving anything just yet in case we don't get ku anytime soon. Sorry you've been sick, hope you feel better soon!
  • @b_1029 Ah, okay. Good call on researching the insurance coverage (although truth be told, I’d really love for you to GTFO in the best way possible - you know I have so much ❤️ and hope for you). 

@b_1029, @nomangos23  Amazon pkg today was a bunch of headbands (the elastic kind). I am a bit lazy and just wear my hair in a ponytail everyday but I like to color coordinate my headbands and my current ones are getting too loose. LOL.  The OPKs came on Sunday 😉 

@icking82 I agree that the single days suck...just waiting for FW and O, lol.

@nomangos23 At least was he/she was a cute kitten? 🤣 That is definitely an interesting dream, and maybe it means you’re going to get a teeny tiny kitty to love soon!! Or, you know, you’re going to give birth to a cat. The temping is going okay. I
    do your trick of putting my head under the covers to hear the beep, lol!

@splashmountain Would you consider it rude if I wished you for KU this cycle so you can’t go to Disney?! Lol. 

@MotherofDragons Dang BBT walking off like that! 🤣 I hope you guys all feel better soon!!

@krassa0315 Hello and welcome! I hope your stay is short & sweet here!

• @lillywonderland yes, that would be terribly rude! I love Disneyland!