March 2019 Moms
Options

TTGP Check In December

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: TTGP Check In December

• Options
    Hey ladies! I’m guessing everyone is busy preparing for the holidays ☺️. We haven’t put up a tree or any decorations yet. Was planned for this last weekend but things got derailed (MH had to work and I got sick). Can’t wait to get everything set up this coming weekend though! What are all your plans for the holidays and how are you all feeling as we get closer to the 3rd trimester?
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited December 2018
    Our decorations are partially up. My outdoor lights took a shit and our artificial Christmas tree is a week late in shipping, but we have our stockings and a couple other odds and ends up. DD has loved reading all the Christmas books we have and keeps asking about our tree.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also have a few decorations up, but no tree yet. We are debating whether we want to put one up this year. Pregnant me doesn’t want to mess with it. 😆 

So, it just now dawned on me that I am even getting close to the 3rd trimester. I guess I am! I don’t think it will really hit me until it is officially 2019 and this baby will be less than 3 months from his due date. 
  • Options
    @meggyme That’s a bummer the shipment of your tree is delayed! Your DD will be sooo excited when it arrives though...nothing like delayed gratification to really build the excitement 😄
  • Options
    catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited December 2018
    I just have stocking holders up, a snowman, and a wreath. We didn’t get to it last weekend either, but it’s on dh’s radar for this weekend. Also hoping to get to the habitat restore to find a bookshelf and dresser for baby! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 - yeah, me too! I hit viability tomorrow and I’ve been focusing on that milestone. 3rd tri seems aways away yet.

@meggyme - she’ll be so happy when you finally get the tree up! 

@navete - hope you’re feeling better! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Ugh, we’re mostly decorated but still have boxes sitting around everywhere. And I have no clue when we’re going to see Santa. Weather was crappy last weekend, looking like it’s going to be crappy again this weekend, and DS has a cough that just won’t quit... (and I’m tired and cranky 🤦‍♀️ Sorry for griping)
  • Options
    @navete @catlady2015 it will be fun to have her help decorate the tree, but I still have so little energy to do anything it’s hard to get excited about. I almost want the tree delivery to get cancelled so I don’t have to deal with needing to decorate it. And then subsequently I decorate it later.
  • Options
    Ugh - another bad night = a doctors visit for DS today and antibiotics. I think the doctor we saw tends to over prescribe antibiotics, but I desperately want something to help my poor boys cough. So hopefully this will actually help! 
  • Options
    Can he take regular cough medicine? My daughter had croup recently and even just some warm tea with honey seemed to help with her cough and sore throat. And the regular, non baby Vick’s works wonders!
  • Options
    @meggyme he’s been taking zarbees cough stuff and doing Vick’s at night and the last two nights he’s coughed so much it’s interrupted his sleep and caused him to gag and throw up 😖 So thus my breaking down and taking him into the drs. Did get the ok to give him musinix (sp?) as well to help break up the chest congestion.  
  • Options
    Suzycupcake just got a bfp!
  • Options
    What? No way! So excited for her. 🙂
  • Options
    Ahhh! So excited for her!
  • Options
    Whaat?? Yay!! Thanks for letting us know! @meggyme
  • Options
    Really??? Oh, big yay for her! Thanks for the update!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    What!!! So glad I saw this! 
  • Options
    There there are quite a few long-time/familiar TTGPers getting BFPs this month. If you have a chance to hop over and check out the December Grad threads you should. It’s awesome to see. 🙂
  • Options
    There’s another one! No wonder September is such a busy L&D month!
  • Options
    So excited for all these ladies!!
  • Options
    Holy shit! They’re on fire!