Options

Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 12/17

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)? 

Re: Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 12/17

• Options

EDD 7/19 9w+4d

Tater tot! 

Upcoming Appointments:

Monthly prenatal 12/27

How are you feeling?:

I have a sinus infection, so not great in that respect. Otherwise doing ok with not too much nausea. 

Rants/Raves:

Not really a rant but my ute has surprisingly moved up above my pubic bone a little early. I don't remember this happening until around 14 weeks with my first pregnancy but there is a definite change to my waistline since yesterday. I'm guessing it's because it's my second pregnancy but goodness I'm happy to have maternity pants now.

Rave: I just have to say, usually I feel left out to dry when I'm sick but DH has been amazingly sweet in taking care of me, DS and keeping the house afloat the past few days. I'm eternally grateful for my good egg. 

Questions:

Anyone else having their uterus move up already? 

GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)? 

DH and I just finished watching An Innocent Man on Netflix and it's super interesting. Also in the midst of watching My Brilliant Friend on HBO. 
  • Options
    July 17 / 9+6 
    Baby is the size of a:
    Lychee Fruit
    Upcoming Appointments:
    July 10 is my 12-week meeting with an OB. I have Kaiser, so I just get to meet with random people the whole time, but whatever.
    How are you feeling?:
    The last week has been HELL for nausea. Puking, dehydration. I'm trying. But it has been hard. And I'm SO TIRED. 
    I also have a ton of anxiety right now about telling family next week. We are planning to tell our family on Christmas Day. We will see. I am not looking forward to responses from my in-laws. I know it sounds crazy, but I don't want to deal with overly excited people. My introversion doesn't like that and I'm not over the top about it, so I hope that they will read the room (they won't...). 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: I think I found something to help with nausea! Started wearing seabands last night and I am functioning today! 
    Rave: I've been so tired I haven't been able to clean the house and hubby is too busy working two jobs and so he hasn't been able to pitch in on cleaning. So, tomorrow, I have a CLEANING SERVICE coming. I'm so excited. 

Questions: 
    Nothing this week. 

GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)? Currently, I am binging Blue Bloods. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hakale I'm glad you found something to deal with the nausea and that is so awesome you have a cleaning service coming! That is an excellent splurge :) 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I'm not sure if my uterus has moved up or not, because I'm an FTM, but I have this hard little ball now in my lower abdomen. I was pointing out to hubs that my hips and lower abs are completely different over the last week. Things are definitely changing! 
    I'm glad your hubs is a good egg! Mine is, too. He's been so good about helping to take care of me as my nausea has been debilitating at times. I made sure to give him some praise for it because his love language is acts of service, so I wanted to make sure that he knew I had noticed.  
  • Options
    @hakale I cannot recall pressing around down there much with my first pregnancy but I was reading about week 9 and they were saying that if your lower belly is feeling firmer that is your uterus pushing up (https://www.thebump.com/pregnancy-week-by-week/9-weeks-pregnant), so I'd that that as a yes if I were you :) Also, that is so wonderful that your husband has been so supportive. That is a good idea to really acknowledge his efforts, I've been saying thank you to everything but I think I need to tell him more clearly that I truly appreciate all the extra help and kind gestures. 
  • Options
    July 23, 9 weeks
    southern pecan
    Upcoming Appointments:
    First appt is Jan 4th
    How are you feeling?:
    Finally feeling relief from the nausea!!! I'm sooo thankful! Still pretty tired, but that's to be expected. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    I wish my baby (10 months) would nap today.... he's been on a boycott for an hour and a half now.
    Questions: 
    nada
    GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)? DH and I watch 90 Day Fiance religiously lol! 

@mamanbebe I'm not sure if mine has popped out quite yet but it's is super tender in that area. I am expecting to have a little bump in the next month. I know things were definitely moving much more quickly with my second than my first, so I bet that is it for you!
  • Options
    @ccmama3 90 day fiance is so addictive! DH and I watched almost every season until recently. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming Appointments: None at the OB until Jan 7, but I just crazily booked a boutique ultrasound to 'double check' before we announce at Christmas!

How are you feeling?: Aside from some digestive distress and recurring sinus issues...GREAT!

Rants/Raves: Hubs still hasn't asked when our baby is due, which...whatever, but when we tell our parents they are FOR SURE going to ask (because that's normal) and he's going to get to find out without having to ask on his own - which frustrates me. 

GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)? I declared war on TV about a year ago, and I try to watch as little as possible. I have gotten sucked into Hallmark movies and watch one ALMOST every night.  :D
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: New due date - July 23rd now! So 9w1d today.

Baby is the size of a(n): Canape, yum.

Upcoming Appointments: Calling to schedule my 12 week today.

How are you feeling?: Still sick, so pretty cruddy. Glad the pregnancy is relatively easy on top of being sick (no nausea, bloating has been minimal).

Rants/Raves: I have missed three out of the last four weeks of work. I'm so frustrated and behind, I had to end up telling my boss yesterday that I was pregnant to at least explain why the docs suddenly had me on bed rest for a treatable illness. 

No raves right now. I hope that getting to my MIL's, and having helping with the exuberant 2 year old, will help me regain some livelihood.

Questions: NA

Watching NCIS and Great British Bake Off over and over and over.
  • Options
    @hakele, girl, welcome to the other side. We started using a cleaning lady about 2 years ago and I just can't imagine how I got everything done when I also had to clean the house.  And especially when pregnant...taking care of two kids while feeling like garbage is the worst. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother, are you having diarrhea?  I don't get that nauseous, but for me it's the other end. And it's like urgent all the time. I have anxiety about going anywhere in the car because I am afraid I won't be able to make it to the bathroom in time. I flew from Seattle to DC last week for work and spent about 2 hours of the flight in the bathroom. I was so mortified. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7/21, I think I am 9+3

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appointments: next week I have my first real OB appt. My last appt was with the NP to confirm my pregnancy and do a dating U/s. It's been a month so I am not sure what to expect. You'd think I'd never done this before, but I can't remember anything from the last two times! 

How are you feeling?:  meh, ok. Not terrible, not great. I get winded from walking up the stairs and feel like I could sleep for days on end. Other than that and aforementioned diarrhea, I am pretty good. 

Rants/Raves:  I am in a bitchy mood today. No particular reason, but people are just annoying me and it's only 8:30. On a happy note, we have new neighbors that just moved in. We weren't warmly welcomed into our neighborhood when we moved in this summer, so I am looking forward to potentially nicer people and maybe even someone I can be friends with. I am going to bake them cookies today:) 

Questions: none!

GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)? I don't really watch tv. I am an internet junky. I read articles and blogs online mostly, or obsessively shop for home decor stuff. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: jan 4th

How are you feeling?:
    Tired. Ready for July. 

Rants/Raves: 
    I have a head cold and its so frustrating. I had three separate sinus infections with our youngest and it’s the worst

Questions: 

I cut out tv a little bit ago to hit my book goal but I used to binge greys

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 YES to diarrhea and YES to urgency. Since my first (who I tried to push out but ended up with a c-section), I have had trouble waiting when I needed to poop... It's not all of the time, but I do have *emergencies* and there have been a few times where I haven't made it. (dies of embarrassment) My OB said if it was really bad that I could go to pelvic floor therapy, but it's not something I worry about all the time. Siiiiigh
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother, I totally had an accident when I was pregnant with my second. Like full blown, had to strip down on the side of the highway in a parking lot.  Thank God I had my diaper bag with me so I could clean up a little. I had to drive the rest of the way home naked from the waist down in rush hour. It was awful.  Luckily I had a garage I could pull into at home, otherwise I don't know what I would have done! 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 I had to go in a gallon size bag in a parking lot one day, because I knew I wouldn't make it into a store! My son (3) did NOT understand why we had stopped or what the smell was...

Another accident happened at a crowded shopping area and I couldn't find a space in time. I had to drive the 20ish minutes home standing/braced against the floorboard so I wasn't sitting in it. 

I'm glad I have found a safe space to share these experiences.  :D
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I think my uterus has poked up over my pelvis too. I am STM and I can't seem to hide the bloat/bump. Should be interested at my 3 giant family gatherings since we don't wanna share with extended til after New Years. Have been in maternity pants and leggings since last week and not looking back! 
  • Options
    @hakele I have never hired a cleaning service but I am very seriously considering it for the first 3 months baby is here... maybe even the last month before birth... maybe will keep for ever! I hear such amazing things lol. 
  • Options
    July 20, 9W4D

Cherry 

Upcoming Appointments:
    This Friday, finally! It's my first appointment and I feel like the very last to have an appointment! 

How are you feeling?:
    Still nauseous here and there throughout the day. No vomiting thankfully. Headaches over the weekend. Having to get up to pee through the night (was surprised this started SO early this time). Food aversions, meat is iffy. The lunch I usually eat daily I couldn't stomach this week at all. I've had intense cravings for sour candy, so I have downed a bag of sour skittles like its my job. 

Rants/Raves: 
    I just feel huge already. I know its just a small bump right now but it happened so fast! 

Questions: 

I'm watching the new seasons of Fuller House right now. But I guilty pleasure watch a whole bunch of mommy vloggers on YouTube. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Jul 18

Baby is the size of a(n): Lego Man

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 2

How are you feeling?: Tired but good. No nausea, just pure, utter exhaustion.

Rants/Raves: Nope, none

Questions: 

I don't watch too much TV but watch Teen Wolf to fall asleep to it Comes. 

• Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 @canuckmomma - cleaning service came yesterday and I am in HEAVEN. I don't think my house has EVER been this clean because I've never been able to do it all at once, so it was always like... today the floors are clean, this other day the bathroom is clean. This is amazing because it is ALL CLEAN. FREAKING HEAVEN!  Response from the husband is that he is trying to decide between having them come monthly or every other month. HA! I'm not arguing with that. 

I grew up with cleaning service because both of my parents worked really high profile jobs with long hours. So if we didn't have a cleaning service, I don't think I would have ever seen my mom.  I think that is what my husband sort of saw after they came yesterday. I had told him before about how we had a cleaning service growing up, I never really thought much of it, but he always thought it was so crazy. But, he had a SAHM. So I think now he gets it. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/22

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my first on Monday (hooray!) Got to see the beh-beh and found out I'm 6 days behind what I thought my EDD was - bumping me in to this Group from Group 2. Thank goodness though, because boyfriend commercial fishes, and July is fishing season, but the fish run tends to slow down towards the end so he won't be missing too many fish coming in to town for the birth. *fingers crossed*

How are you feeling?: As a FTM this is all new to me but, overall feeling peachy keen. Tired, usually go to bed at 9:30 which makes me feel like an old lady. The bloat life is real and i feel like i need to order more work uniforms ASAP so i can be more comfy through the day. Food aversions are weird - so far: salad greens (lettuce, kale, bleh!); pork products (bacon is even on notice); and ripe bananas.

Rants/Raves: Nothing pregnancy related, just an overall lack of patience for stupid people.

Questions: Anybody else on the fence about when to announce? So far its just my parents & brother, and my 2 best girl friends. I was all on board with telling boyfriend's family at Christmas (we have shirts to wear and the plan was to wait until someone noticed!) but now that I'm almost a week behind where I thought i was I'm wondering if we should hold off until we hit the 12 week mark. Any thoughts?

GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)?  No tv streaming for me - rural Alaska means we pay by the gig for data, its expensive, and streaming takes a lot. I have gotten suckered into ALL of the Christmas Hallmark movies though. Boyfriend loves them, and we only watch aaaafter Thanksgiving through December. I'll be needing a new "go to" come January.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17th, 10 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound today! Supper excited, we are hoping to get a good picture to give to our parents for our Christmas announcement 

How are you feeling?: tired to the extreme. Idk if its in my head but i think i feel flutters every once and a while

Rants/Raves: missing my 2nd and 3rd cup of coffee i would normally have pre-pregnancy 

Questions: has anyone else thought they felt flutters this early?

GTKY: What are you binge-watching (or regularly addicted to watching if you're not streaming TV)? Now that im done with finals. Id like to catch up with walking dead.
  • Options
    EDD July 18
    10 w+1 d

Strawberry 🍓 

Upcoming Appointments:
    January 14, 1st 4 week follow up 

How are you feeling?:
    not to bad, only nauseated a little. I get nauseous easily though so hard to tell what’s the pregnancy. 
    Tender boobs/nips. 
    Exhusted all the time, although sleeping through the night and not having to pee every couple hours would help. 

Rants/Raves: 
    no rants this week
    will rave on hubby for being awesome & doing laundry & dishes this week! Might stay pregnant all the time if that’s to be expected 😁. 

Questions: 
    Not today!

Netflix - Jane the Virgin 
    Amazon Prime - Mrs Maziel 
    cut cable last year 

• Options
    @blackrosevamp I keep thinking I feel my LO flutter too, then again maybe it’s gas.... did see the peanut wiggle around a lot on the ultrasound though 👍🏼
  • Options
    Hello July - group 3 moms!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21/19 /9w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 8/19 IPS screening. I'm 36 so worried for babys health. Already had a dating ultrasound on Dec 6 and saw a little heart beat so we know something is growing.

How are you feeling?: excited, worried, anxious, tired, slightly nauseous, all of the above and more. Going to reveal to my family on christmas so i'm excited for that. My mom's going to freak out since we didn't tell anyone we were trying.

Rants/Raves: Work related - so I'll keep it to myself right now. But likely due to hormones.

Questions: All of them. First time mom here. I'll listen to everyone's advice.

GTKY: What are you binge-watching: Hubby and I watch lots of tv. So nothing in particular.