June 2019 Moms
Options

Group 3 Check In (June 16-22) week of 12/17

Shamelessly stole all of the below from G1 :smile:

1. EDD/W+D: 

2. Questions?

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? 

Re: Group 3 Check In (June 16-22) week of 12/17

• Options
    1. EDD/W+D: June 22nd / 13+3

2. Questions? Nothing I can think of at the moment.

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): Other than sleeping in every day and not wearing real pants, I have no real pampering plans. We will be down in FL with my ILs. Curious to see other ladies ideas? :smile:

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Honestly, something around the likes of "Who's left?!".
  • Options
    1. EDD/W+D: 6.21/13+4 

2. Questions? I’m not sure anyone can really answer this, but I’m so curious about how docs decide to change EDDs. Mine moved mine just one day, to 6/21. I’m guessing it must be based on how the baby’s growing, since we did IVF and there was no guesswork involved in conception. 

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): 
    Resting and knitting and gettjng some Mom/daughter time with my mom. 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? 
    Is this actually the Matrix?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Bababatty That's very interesting at your EDD change. My original date was 6/5 based on LMP. During my first US, they changed it to 6/22 (which was not shocking to me because my cycles are very long). But my last two US's I've been measuring closer to 6/17, but they said they wont be changing my EDD. Also, time with mom is the best!
  • Options
    Shamelessly stole all of the below from G1 smile 

1. EDD/W+D: June 17, 13w6d

2. Questions? Nah.

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): We're skipping out on family and going to Utah for Christmas. We even have reservations at our favorite restaurant for Christmas dinner so it'll be the first year - ever - that I'm not cooking for, and cleaning up after 17-20 people. Our place has a steam shower that I plan to use every day, and I have a lot of personal knitting plans. 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? What happened in the 2020 election?
  • Options
    1. EDD/W+D: 6/21 - 13+4

2. Questions? Not right now

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): my version of pampering myself this year is only going to our in laws (in another state) for two days. They are so great but last year we went for a week and it was too much. 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Do dogs still exist?

@harrierwife omg you’re officially second tri tomorrow! I’m so jealous but following closely behind. Excited for you
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball I’ll have to ask my OB how/why they change dates. I’m sure she’ll say it’s all an estimate anyway, but it’s all very interesting to me. I’ll let you know what she says, if your curious about the process, too. She told me in a VM with my NIPT results, so I couldn’t ask then. 

@harrierwife Your steam shower is making me jealous! What knitting project are you working on? I finally restarted the gauge swatch for a stuffed lion I started before Thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    @Bababatty Very curious, keep me posted! I think my doc mentioned they wont change a date unless it's a week difference (or maybe I read that somewhere here... my brain is failing me these days) Either way, I'm curious if it's just different protocols at each office. It's all super fascinating to me.
  • Options
    @Bababatty I'm pretty sure it has to do with how baby is growing/ measuring and I don't think they change it unless it's off a week or so but that could depend by your provider I suppose.  Baby was measuring 3 days behind my EDD based on LMP when I went for my first US and they said it's close enough they weren't going to change my EDD.

1. EDD/W+D: 6/22, 13+4

2. Questions? Is anybody else losing a lot of weight?  Between morning sickness and I got the stomach flu the last few days, I'm down about 20lb now. I'm not a very big person to begin with so im starting to get concerned..

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): Our holidays are spread out this year instead of trying to do things with my family and the ILs all in one day so that should be a lot better this year.  Going to let DD sleep in as late as possible so I don't have to get up early the few days I have off work, I'm so looking forward to no alarm! 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?  Probably something along the lines of are any of my family/ friends waking up with me or am I all alone?
  • Options
    @mra15 I lost about 5 lbs early on (I'm not very big either), but I'm slowly gaining it back. I would assume your doc would mention something if they were concerned, assuming they weigh you at each appt. I would still bring it up to make sure they are not tooo concerned.
  • Options
    1. EDD/W+D: 19th/14 - Helllooooo second trimester!

2. Questions? Not really a question, more of a mental health check in, as it were. My next appointment is on January 4th. I have absolutely no reason to believe anything is wrong, but I’m struggling this week. After my last pregnancy with the twins, I was seen so often and got so big so quickly that mentally I’m in a weird place because I’m also physically in a weird place. I can feel my uterus if I really poke myself while lying down but I’m now showing yet (just look like I ate too many cookies), I have an anterior placenta and a history of not being particularly sensitive to movement, so I don’t feel anything yet, and it all just feels surreal enough still and it’s been long enough since my last appointment (at this point, about a month, since the holidays pushed my next appointment back to 5 or 6 weeks from my last one) that I’m really reaching for the reassurance that he’s ok in there. It’s been a while since I felt like this and it sucks. I know a lot of you get it. It’s just an uncomfortable place to be, mentally, especially right before the holidays.

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): No time for that, really, with three toddlers and a husband who is prepping to geobach for a year starting in the beginning of March. Honestly, work is kind of My me-time (in the best way), so that feels like pampering these days.

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Realistically, I’d probably ask where my partner/kids/family are because I can’t imagine consenting to cryo freezing if I was doing it alone.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @KissMeImScottish Yay second tri! As for your comment, I'm in the same boat. I laid completely still in bed last night trying to feel SOMETHING, so much so that I think I made up some flutters. At this point, the only time I feel safe is when I'm at the doc, which won't be until Jan 10th for me again. My friend has a doppler and and I could borrow it. I'm on the fence about it because that could either help me a ton if I could easily find the HB, or cause way more anxiety if I have issues finding baby.
  • Options
    @wearyfuzzball @KissMeImScottish I’m sorry you guys are struggeling, the waiting between visits is so difficult. For me it sometimes helps to think that the percentages are more in our favor than not. Most times that helps me calm down and feel more like everything is okay. I hope you guys get some peace of mind soon or at least distraction through the holidays. 
  • Options
    @KissMeImScottish @wearyfuzzball I have a doppler to help ease this kind of anxiety for me.  Normally I try to limit only once a week but since I've been so sick this week ive been using it more.  It's a lot easier to find baby now than it was a couple weeks ago and it does a lot to ease my anxiety
  • Options
    @KissMeImScottish @wearyfuzzball I'm sorry you are feeling this way! not being able to see these lo's is hard! I hope we can all start feeling movement soon!

1. EDD/W+D: 6/16-14w3d

2. Questions? none that I can remember now

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): spending time with my mom, sister and nieces and getting a much needed haircut!

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? probably for my family also
  • Options
    ohheyitsbohheyitsb member
    edited December 2018
    1. EDD/W+D: So...after two consecutive appointments with baby measuring ahead...my due date has been changed from 6/26 to 6/22... hope you ladies don't mind me crashing G3! 13w 4d

2. Questions? @bababatty My doctor only changes the due date if its over a certain amount of days. The first time I went from 6/15 to 6/26. As I mentioned above, the last two appointments I've measured ahead so we decided 6/22. I've literally just been telling people end of June.

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): I took a sick day today, haha. I didn't sleep well last few nights and I've had a killer headache... I hate calling out but with how crazy Christmas Eve/Day is for us (we go to 6 places in two days) and then returning to work covering my teammate who is out the rest of the week...I just needed a day to prepare.

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? The first thing that popped into my head was to ask if we managed to save the bees.
  • Options
    @mra15 I lost about 20 lbs my first pregnancy during first tri, but also I'm a little bigger so it was NBD. It probably isn't a big deal for you either. I am a pretty big believer that as long as youre eating high-quality (ish!) food when you're hungry that your body just kinda decides whether to gain or lose. I would definitely make sure your doc is aware but I doubt they'd change much as long as you're eating well.
    @KissMeImScottish I am in the same boat. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant, and then being like, REALLY? Am I? Is there still a baby in there? I felt much worse with my last pregnancy so it was a constant reminder. Plus, second kid syndrome already! A doppler MAY provide some reassurance, but I wouldn't do it if you will be super anxious not finding the HB. There's definitely a chance even this far along that baby may be hiding below your pelvic bone, etc. I have been thinking about breaking mine out but I have a similar worry.

1. EDD/W+D: June 22/ 13+4? 
     2. Questions? Not really!
     3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): I took a mental health day Monday to catch up on laundry and housework which helped me immensely. Also, DH and I are getting a couples massage and probably seeing a movie/having a day-date on 12/28 so I'm pumped for that!

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? I guess it would depend on why I'm frozen! Are my friends and family there too? What kind of technology is around? Did we fix the Earth or is it a pile of garbage now?
  • Options
    Thank you for the commiseration, ladies. I know I’m not alone in this - I’ve never been a fan of this awkward in-between stage of pregnancy. If I remember correctly with my son, it was another month before I really started to notice an obvious change, and it’s easy to forget how much changes in a month during pregnancy.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @KissMeImScottish oh that’s so interesting to hear re: so much changes in a month. A gf of mine posted her 16week photo and I was jealous of her bump thinking I’m only 2ish weeks away from that and I won’t have such a pronounced bump (and I still may not) but it seems like a few weeks can make a difference 
  • Options
    @Bababatty - I bringing 3 projects with me because I get bored - a pair of fingerless gloves and a pair of socks for my brother, and a pair of slippers for me! I swear it took me longer to pack and plan my knitting than it did for my actual bags. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife Did you say you have pneumonia now? Arg! I hope that doesn’t mess too much with your plans—although I guess now probably more steam shower? Smart to bring multiple projects! I’ll bring my lion project but I’m not convinced this gauge swatch will work. So probably I will bring the blanket I started as well.
  • Options
    @kissmeimscottish - Going to throw in some reassurance for your LO, too. You're in a weird limbo period with the holidays and a set of circumstances (namely the placenta) that are completely outside of your control. Hopefully the next 2 weeks fly by for you <3 And I'm so sorry to hear about the geobaching - again, you're superwoman, lady. 

@ohheyitsb - Oh hi! Welcome! AND BEES. You win points for asking that question in my book. 
  • Options
    Also, a total random - my BIL randomly sent us a Graco infant seat/jogger stroller combo yesterday! I was so surprised and happy that I cried. I've been having a lot of anxiety over ALL THE OPTIONS (so many options, omg) for all this baby crap and I'm really happy someone just decided for us  :D
  • Options
    harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited December 2018
    @Bababatty - yep, I have pneumonia  :# Frankly, I've had a cold for the last 5-6 days and it juuuust got to the point where my lungs started to rattle ever so slightly and I had my 3rd night of little sleep. My OB said that there's a weird cold thing going around and the pneumonia had been sneaking up on people. 

They hit me with a steroid shot and antibiotics yesterday and I already feel worlds better. The steroid had my voice back within 4 hours - it was amazing. 

Learn from me, ladies - don't let your cold go too long. 

ETA: always bring multiple projects  :D
  • Options
    @harrierwife oh NO!!! Feel better. Don't you have a ski trip coming up, too?  Pneumonia is my worst nightmare. I got it two years ago in both lungs and it literally took me 3 full months to feel better.
  • Options
    @harrierwife Insufferable pneumonia! I’m sorry that you caught it! And I really hope it doesn’t disrupt your trip too much, but of course rest up as much as possible! How does one prevent ones cold from becoming pneumonia? Poor DH has had a cold for a few days and he’s been overdoing it.... I was going to make him help me clean tonight as we’re leaving tomorrow, but I’m going to make him lay on the couch instead.
  • Options
    @ohheyitsb - I do! We leave tomorrow. Gonna take it day by day. And 3 months' recovery?? Sheesh  :( That's awful! 

@Bababatty - My OB told me that I was at risk because I was pregnant - my body didn't have the fight in it despite me pounding VitC, turmeric, rest, and OTC meds. I think the average healthy person is mostly okay, but I think once your symptoms aren't manageable with average time and care, you should see someone. Yesterday morning I was coughing/gasping for air so violently I made myself throw up - I just had too much thick mucus in my airways. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife Oh that sounds awful and so scary! I’m so impressed at how quickly the steroids and antibiotics have helped, though! And good point about the lowered immune system; so now I won’t panic run DH to urgent care, lol. He doesn’t even have a cough as far as I can tell.

Anyway, get some much deserved rest and relaxation!!
  • Options
    @harrierwife I am so sorry!! How terrible! Definitely good that you got treatment before your trip, though, or it would have been even more miserable! Hope you stay on the mend!!