Infertility

December IUI

Re: December IUI

• @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67 I'm sorry you're out this cycle.  For my workouts I did the elliptical but I decreased the intensity and increased the time.  I also cut out all my lifting and core work and paid close attention to my HR and tried not to get it too elevated.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire it’s possible the hcg levels haven’t raised as quickly due to it being A natural pregnancy regardless of having done the IUI. Prayers crossed and it turns out in your favor. Will you be done bloodwork? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bmaty0214 I can call my RE's office on Wednesday and I'm guessing they will do a beta.  The only instructions I had were to wait 15 days (I'm waiting 14) do a HPT and call with the results.  This has been the longest part of the the TWW
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• edited December 2018
    @bmaty0214 Yeah! I tested today and stark white 12dpiui, so I am assuming I’m out. I don’t expect my period til Wednesday but most of the research I’ve done says I would have at least a faint by now..unless the trigger didn’t work properly-but that’s a long shot. Getting myself prepped for next round though!
  • Well ladies, things have been busy over my way, but got a BFN today on 14dpiui, so it looks like we're on to IVF.

FX for you ladies that IUI will be just the ticket to your BFP!
  • @crookshanks10 I am so sorry about your BFN.  Hopefully IVF is exactly what you need!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67 @crookshanks10 So very sorry to read the news. I will soon keep you girls posted. I go in this Thursday morning for bloodwork and will have my results by the afternoon. FX! 
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited December 2018
    @celticknotfire that's great news! Hope the RE has the same results for you tomorrow!

ETA: my cold is making me fail at keeping people straight. Whoops!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @crookshanks10 bummer with the BFN. GL with the IVF!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • *lurky loo even tho I'm not IUI this month* 

congrats @celticknotfire I hope the beta numbers are perfect <3
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• So I was in a slight panic yesterday because I got a large temp jump (from 97.3 to 98!) on my BBT chart yesterday. I was worried I had already O'ed when I haven't had my first midcycle US yet (it's tomorrow AM!).

I am happy to report that my temp dropped back down this morning to the 97.3 range. Phew! Plus an OPK this morning gave me a light test line so I'm definitely a few days away from O.

How's everyone else holding up?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 well that is good it went back down! Hopefully your check goes well. I went for US, BW & receive my HCG booster on Monday. Everything looks good. They doubled my progesterone this month, no early spotting. They did see a big corpus luteum "cyst" on the ultra sound, not too familiar but the dr seemed excited stating that confirms that we ovulated something. I never saw that before. So we will see, not getting my hopes up as this has been the longest journey ever! I can text on Christmas, but I will wait and do it the next day.
  • Oh no @crookshanks10 was really hoping this month would work out for you. Best of luck with your ivf journey. Feel free to inbox me. Would love to hear updates. 
    Sorry @knottie and @bmaty0214 that it didnt work out. Best of luck next month. 
     @ispi good luck this month. Hopefully this one is it for you. 
    @celticknotfire yay for good news. Hope you have a good beta!
         Just started day 2 of femara. This will be IUI #4. Trying to stay positive. 
  • bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited December 2018
    @bobella22 I’m not out just yet. I
     find out tomorrow via blood test. Staying positive! 

@celticknotfire Not certain of I congratulated you.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
  • @ispi I’m trying to tell my self not to test until the 26th or 27th and I don’t know if I can hold out!! All of the sudden today I’m getting super impatient. 
  • So sorry  I misread @bmaty0214. My phone display was off. Good luck on your beta tomorrow. 
    @mooret1118 try to stay strong and hold off until you are due. I know it's the hardest part.
  • Update from me - midcycle US went well. I have 2 growing follies. One is around 12mm, the other is 13mm and both are on the right side. I'm scheduled for another US on Christmas Eve morning to check how theyret progressing. They said they grow about 2mm a day so they should be right around 20mm for the 2nd US. If they're at least 20mm then they'll go over injecting the trigger shot and the IUI will be on the 26th :)

I'm so excited!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bmaty0214 good luck on your beta tomorrow FX!
    @inthewoods23 I am so happy your US went well!  Now Christmas Eve needs to hurry up and get here!

Update: Beta today was 162 so they want me to come back the morning of Christmas Eve for a repeat.  Honestly it still hasn't hit me yet.  I can't thank all of you enough for your kind words and support!

My fingers are crossed so hard for the rest of you.  I will definitely be checking in to see how everything goes!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 That is great news!!! Xmas miracles coming soon! 

@celticknotfire So happy for you!!! I even got teary eyed! Hoping those numbers continue to increase for you!!! 

Well wishes to all!!!

I’m sitting here at work staring at my phone for the phone call with results. Did bloodwork at 9:30am and it’s only 11:43am right now. It’s going to be a dreadful few hours until the call this afternoon. 

FX!
  • Well I’m officially out! Got the dreaded call indicating a negative. Period hopefully will arrive in a week or so and off to round three. 

Happy Holidays girls! 
  • @bmaty0214 I am so sorry.  Take some time for yourself and best of luck on your next cycle.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• Oh no @bmaty0214 so sorry  to hear that. Ugh the dreaded call is the worst. Hope the third time is the charm for you.
     @celticknotfire congrats to you! Would love to hear updates. 
     @inthewoods23 looks like you got some nice follies growing .
  • Merry Christmas Eve!

2nd US was this morning. Looks like 1 of the follies stopped growing as the other was taking over. That 1 measured around 19mm on average so they told me to trigger tomorrow and the IUI will be Thursday morning. We were told to BD tomorrow around the time of the trigger (woo Christmas sex! But boo I'm at my parents that day) and also the night of the IUI.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 lol at the parents comments. But all worth the sacrifice. 

@celticknotfire How did your appointment go this morning? Hope all went well. 

Got my period this afternoon, off to cycle 3. Should be starting clomid by end of this week. Will keep you all posted when I call the RE this coming Wednesday. 

Merry Christmas to all! 
  • @bmaty0214 I'm so sorry this cycle didn't work for you FX for you next cycle.  Thanks for asking about my appointment, my beta came back at 874.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @bmaty0214 sorry about AF.

DH and I decided to still go home tomorrow evening instead of staying overnight. It'll make BDing easier.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 girl find a way away from the house because the bd is worth it! We did trigger day of iui and next day this cycle. 

@ispi good luck tomorrow. 

It looks like the endometrin was the key this cycle. 

Spoiler 

Yearerday and today BFP. Tomorrow is day 14 I will test again and call the office and I’m assuming they will order beta at that point. 
  • Congrats to all the BFP. AF came before we could test. We will continue with a few more cycles as insurance almost fully covers them. 10$ per visit plus meds until end of March. We know we have to move it ivf but will try a bit more. We are planning our “break” vacation. I need my sanity back!!
  • @mooret1118 we decided to not stay the night tonight so we could do the trigger at home and BD before bed. Here's to hoping Thursday goes well for me! FX!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Oh no @ispi so sorry it didn't work out for you this cycle. That's great that insurance covers it. I don't blame you for taking a break. If it doesn't work out this cycle will have to take a break as well. 
      @mooret1118 congrats on your bfp! Hope you get a great beta!
    @celticknotfire that sounds like a great beta! 
      Hoping to hear about some more bfps soon. 
  • @mooret1118 congratulations on the BFP!!! 
    @celticknotfire woo hoo those numbers are looking great! 

I start my third IUI cycle tonight with a lower dosage of clomid. Here’s to hoping for a positive new year! FX! 
  • @mooret1118 Congrats! FX for a great beta!
    @inthewoods23 GL on your IUI
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• They had trouble getting the catheter through my cervix, but IUI #1 is done! They had to use some kind of tool that would pull on the cervix and helped straighten it out. Got the catheter through easy after that. They'll check for pregnancy and progesterone on the 10th.

I've lost track, where is everyone else in their cycles? Anyone else have an IUI coming up or any tests?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 that sounds unpleasant! But YAY for the IUI being done!!!  Countdown to the 10th now and hopefully that goes by really quick.  Are you going to test before that?
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @mooret1118 that’s a good number to start. They’ll just continue monitoring you every couple days to ensure the numbers continue to double! 

Congrats! 
  • @inthewoods23 stinks you had to go through that but yay for IUI #1 being finished. I am doing mine tomorrow morning. So we will test around the same time😊
    @mooret1118 sounds like a great beta keep us updated. So excited for you. The positivity is real. 😉
    @inthewoods23 how are you Feeling?
    @bmaty0214 good luck on this cycle with clomid. 
    How is everyone else doing?
  • @bobella22 - Good luck for your IUI tomorrow!
    @inthewoods23 - Hope the cervix locating process wasn't painful for you? 
    @mooret1118 & @celticknotfire - FX for those numbers, happy for you both :)! Any words of wisdom or tips for us who are in this tricky 2ww period.

I am currently in 2ww, will test around 4th.Taking progesterone inserts. They don't make me crazy anymore lol!
    Holidays are surprisingly keeping me calm.