February 2019 Moms
Options

Monday ticker change 12/17

We have not had a Monday one of these in a while, so I am jumping in to fire it up! 

Also, any newbie or lurkers, this is for you if you have a Monday EDD: 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, or 2/25:

1) How many weeks are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) R/R/Q

5) GTKY:  Have (or will) any of your winter holiday traditions or plans been (or be) impacted by being mondo pregnant this year, and in what way?

Re: Monday ticker change 12/17

• Options
    32 weeks; purportedly the size of a squash... a really heavy and enormous squash I guess!

2) How are you feeling?
    Just tired.  Sooo tired.  My body is hurting, and I want to be a slug but there is too much to do.
    Also, because I won’t go past 39 weeks, that means I am max 7 weeks from second kiddo.... To sum up how I feel about that:  😳OMFG 😳!!!

Yes, I’m on 2x/week after the hospital shenanigans, so I have an NST tomorrow AM, and an NST and biophysical profile ultrasound on Thursday.

4) R/R/Q
    Rant:  either my toddler is more toddler-times than ever as I get more tired and grouchy or it’s just my imagination!  He’s requiring A LOT more energy than I have!
    Rave:  my SO has stepped it up a fair bit lately so he gets a gold star...

5) GTKY:  Have (or will) any of your winter holiday traditions or plans been (or be) impacted by being mondo pregnant this year, and in what way?

I think the biggest thing is that, assuming I don’t have to cancel my Xmas trip home to Seattle, it will definitely involve a lot less fun friend shenanigans that usual.  I always arrange a karaoke late night out with my bro and my besties back home, and considering I cannot drink and pass out at 9, that’s not happening.  Same goes for the Dina Martina annual (drag) Xmas show that I love to go to ... which starts past my current bedtime for sure.  Oh well!  I will feel really fortunate if I make it to Seattle at all :)

• Options
    Am I really the only Monday person?! No wonder this ticker change died. 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn You're not! I just forgot I go here...

33! Big enough to be encroaching on my ribs and cervix at the same time.

2) How are you feeling?
    Physically, overall good. All the joints in my hands suddenly ache but DEFINITELY could be feeling worse. Mentally, like a dumpster fire.

Nope, next is the day after Christmas

4) R/R/Q
    I'll steal your rave. I honestly think my H is the reason I'm still functioning. He's been my absolute lifesaver these past 4 months, and especially the past 7 weeks. This all easily could have ripped us apart but it's really made us even closer.

Drinking less of course... but that's probably about it. If I weren't pregnant I think we also would have booked a tropical vacation to escape life

• Options

Newbie/lurker here thought I would actually start contributing now! 😂

1) How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 33 weeks U/S said 4lbs 11 oz as of Thursday

2) How are you feeling? Tired!! And in pain in my pelvis any time I stand, roll over or cross my legs due to baby dropping.

3) Any appointments this week? Had one thursday routine ultrasound

4) R/R/Q Rant: only that stinkin pelvic pain 😕 feels as though I'm being broken apart!
    Rave: fiance has also stepped it up! Has told me to relax as much as I can and he will do the rest... This is our first baby so trying to enjoy as much relaxation as possible!

5) GTKY:  Have (or will) any of your winter holiday traditions or plans been (or be) impacted by being mondo pregnant this year, and in what way? Definitley weird not being able to partake in holiday party festivities and Christmas morning mimosas this year! And also decided to spent Christmas day just my fiance and I. We know we will have SO much family in town starting January we just want to enjoy what little alone time we have left and our last Christmas just the two of us 😊😉💕
  • Options
    Sorry I'm late! I'm here, 33 weeks tomorrow. @sjnsjnsjn looks like we're EDD buddies, will they induce you by 39 weeks? 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Worn out. I've a little too much external stressors lately for my taste.. fortunately, as of Monday I have very little impact of any of them so it's a slight relief. 
    I go in to see a NP on Christmas eve, I'm pretty sure it'll be a pointless appointment, but oh well. 
    4) R/R/Q
    I'll have to join the band wagon that DH has been pretty great lately,  but DD has been more needy and whiny than usual. 
    This week the swelling has increased quite a bit,  over only been up an hour and my toes are already getting puffy. 
    Well I'm sober,  and that is very different for me! I'm too tired for much of anything,  so I pretty much now
    blew off any plans for my birthday last week. That's a bummer  
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited December 2018
    @Izzfrancisco - Yes, if it doesn’t happen sooner, i’ll have an induction around 2/4 depending on my OB’s on call schedule. You too?
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 34 weeks! size of a butternut squash
     2) How are you feeling? I am feeling okay, but slightly worse each week. Nausea/morning sickness is definitely back so I am back to carrying around cheerios. My back starts aching if I sit for about 20 or 30 minutes. But I am also excited and enjoying this growing belly and the strong movements.
     3) Any appointments this week? My 34 week appointment is on the 26th!
     4) R/R/Q I'm enjoying all the special pregnancy treatment. Everyone makes sure you have a seat and offers to bring you things. I am savoring it while I can. 
     5) GTKY: Have (or will) any of your winter holiday traditions or plans been (or be) impacted by being mondo pregnant this year, and in what way?
    We don't have a ton of holiday traditions. This is only my husband and I's second Christmas together as a married couple in our own house and we have yet to make solid traditions. We have always navigated the challenge of seeing both our parents which gets tricky when mine are divorced so we have to juggle lots of holiday parties. This year we convinced my husband's parents to come to us to make one less place for us to go, but now we need to clean and prepare more food. 
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn no plans for induction right now. They've mentioned I'm measuring ahead, but DD was a big baby, so hopefully baby can come in his own time!
  • Options
    @Izzfrancisco Nice. My OB said I could not go past 39 weeks this time because some guidance (that she follows apparently but must not be universal!) had changed for 40+ moms (since I was 40 when I had DS but was allowed to go to 41 then!).
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn ugh! That seems like such crap, but my Dr isn't a fan of anyone going past 40 weeks, So i have a feeling she'd have the same direction as your ob. My DD was born at 40+3, so I'm terrified of induction!! But considering everything that was going on a couple weeks ago for you, 39 weeks sounds like a blessing!!
  • Options
    @Izzfrancisco Totally.  Once I am full term, I will actually be more than happy to just give birth and stop worrying about what is happening in there!!