August 2019 Moms

Group 1 checkin (EDD August 1-7)

I saw group 3 posted,  so hopefully this is OK :) 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: Group 1 checkin (EDD August 1-7)

• EDD: Aug. 5th

6 weeks, 1 day

Baby is the size of a sweet pea 

First OB/GYN = Jan. 4th, First U/S = Jan 8th. I'm super anxious for both visits and if I could bump them up, I would!

I'm feeling like a hyperemotional blob. Mood swings are the new norm, none of my old clothes fit right, and my boobs are still pretty tender. 

Rants/Raves: It's finals week and I hate everything.

I'm kind of scared by the fact that I haven't really had serious bouts of morning sickness, just occasional nausea. I haven't been nauseous since Friday---should I be scared?

I loved playing out in the woods when I was younger. I grew up in a very rural area, so it was quiet, and it always seemed like there was something new to discover.
  • Loading the player...
  • moon1417moon1417 member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w+4d   edited to add: EDD 8/2

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: Today!  Ultrasound at 1:30pm FX that everything is A-Okay because I am still spotting on and off. 

How are you feeling?:  nauseas so bad. Someone was just telling me a story about how they had 3 glasses of wine.. and omg the thought of warm red wine just makes my tummy turn right now.

Rants/Raves:  Started my door decorating contest for work! I am in love with it so far :) Pics to come. 

Questions: 

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity?  I had a stuffed dog I named dog-dog.  Carried it e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.   I lost lost it a few times and it always made its way back home, shockingly. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @deecherise try not to worry!  Symptoms come and go :) 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @olivemomma wow, I saw on the US thread your surprise! I hope the repeat U/S shows healthy growing babies :) I think it's normal for twins to be a bit "off" from each other - one implants before the other, later on they'll have different metabolisms and growth rates, etc. This is speculation, I'm not a twin mom. 

We get no u/s until the A/S, so even if I had twins this time, I wouldn't know until 18 weeks, I guess :P

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• We get no u/s until the A/S, so even if I had twins this time, I wouldn't know until 18 weeks, I guess :P
    Dumb question: What does a/s mean? 
  • ah, not dumb at all....I've just been on the bump solidly (daily? haha) since 2015 so the acronymns are second nature to me :D 

A/S = anatomy scan (or anomaly scan depending on where you are....the "big one" at 18-20 weeks where they check the organs and stuff)

u/s is regular ultrasound in case anyone was wondering, though I think that slang is more common since most people get more u/s in general than the one specific a/s.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: The calculators say August 3rd, but I'll see my CNM tomorrow to get a more accurate date

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow (12/12) I see my CNM for the first time since my BFP. Not totally sure what to expect since it's so early, but we'll see! Then I see my endocrinologist on 12/17

How are you feeling?: Off and on okay. Constipated and gassy, on and off nauseous. I'll be starving, order food, and then it arrives and I feel like I can't eat a bit. :(

Rants/Raves: I have lost 3 lbs since my positive. I have been stuck at a certain weight for the past 2 years and it hasn't budged and of course as soon as I get pregnant I get nauseous so my weight drops. I am pretty overweight so I'm sure it won't be an issue, but it's just frustrating!! Lol

Questions: I am still not sure exactly what I can/can't take as far as meds go. Like I have read that certain ones are fine to take, some you should avoid, and then I've read to not take anything first trimester. I have had to take Dramamine because I was traveling last weekend and now I'm conflicted on whether that was a good idea... and I don't want to stop using my acne wash (otc neutrogena) just because it has salicylic acid because its basically the only thing keeping my skin from freaking out...all stuff to bring up at my appt tomorrow, better start making a list!

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? I really loved reading as a kid. I am finally at a place in life where I can read more now, but I literally went everywhere with a book. I got in trouble once for trying to pack more books than clothes for a vacation! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/5 based on lmp. I will end up delivering sometime in July though, my MFM doctor won’t let me go to full term even if don’t have any complications. 

Baby is the size of a(n): dried corn kernel

Upcoming Appointments: 12/20 for an ultrasound and then I see the doctor. I can’t wait!!  

How are you feeling?: not great at all. Nauseas, gassy, and so so tired. Feeling bloated too and very emotional. 

Rants/Raves: if the US goes well we are going to tell our families 12/20 at dinner that night. We already have one planned because DD has a Christmas play that afternoon, so we thought having both sides of the family there would be great. 

Questions: I have all the questions really, I don’t even know. I guess right now I’m scared that I won’t love this baby as much as DD. I know you do, but I can’t imagine it right now. Is tht normal?

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? I loved this bear and blanket that I had. No idea where it is now, I wish I did. 

• @olivemomma Congratulations!!! I can't even imagine how shocked you must have been.  
    @drmrsthecounselor my OB has a list of pregnancy safe meds on their website.  There are actually quite a few things that you can take, but it may be worth a call to your OB's office to see if they have a list that they can give you to reference throughout pregnancy. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 8/5 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday 12/18

How are you feeling?: The exhaustion has hit, and I'm feeling queasy often.  Mentally I'm just anxious and hoping everything looks good when we go for the first ultrasound on Tuesday. I am kicking myself for pushing it back from this coming Friday, but with my daughter we went a little too early and they couldn't find her and thought she was a blighted ovum, so I wanted to make sure we were far enough along this time! 

Rants/Raves: Nothing I can think of

Questions: Nope

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? I loved going to amusement parks and beach vacations. 

• 1. Due August 6th, so 6w2d

2. Size of a sweet pea

3. Next one will be in January.

4. Feeling good. Getting more nauseous. Nothing sounds good except carbs and spicy food. 

5. Rant/raves. Not today! 

6. Nope

7. Going to the beach! 

• @perfectypo I am feeling the exact same way about food.  
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Aug 5, 6+1
    Baby is the size of a(n):
    Sweet Pea
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Dec 17
    How are you feeling?:
    I'm feeling fine, just tired.
    Rants/Raves: 
    Boo to sick DD. She woke up with a fever, so I stayed home with her. I hope my class was good!
    Questions: 
    Nothing right now.
    Minnie Mouse doll that was my sister's before I was born. I still have it and now DD plays with it!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug. 3 / 6w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry!

Upcoming Appointments: 12/27- a little more than 2 weeks away!

How are you feeling?: Moody, tired, nauseous 

Rants/Raves: 8 more days of school before break (which is still way too many!)

Questions: None.

Kickball, manhunt/playing outside with all the neighborhood kids. I tell my 17 year old sister that when I would get in trouble, my punishment would be not being allowed outside to play! So very different from today lol
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: aug 4/ 6+2

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for an US. I’ve had two losses so I’m getting in early to check everything out

How are you feeling?: ok. Super congested and some back pain. I’m also sooo thirsty all the time. Yesterday I drank over 100 oz of water.

Rants/Raves: not pregnancy related, but this week my husband finally learned out to load the dishwasher correctly! 😂😂😂

Questions: none so far.

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? I loved those old school logic puzzles with the grid you had to fill in. Man those were good times!
  • I feel like I keep straddling the July/August board. LMP puts me at EDD 7/31  Ovulation blood tests farther back around 8/5. I have had to be induced early for my first two  so most likely will have a July baby but the August board is calling me more. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 5- 6+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday we have a dating u/s(yay!) and then 12/17 first appt with my OB

How are you feeling?: Really good, so far this early pregnancy has reminded me of my sons pregnancy. With my daughter I was pretty sick. 

Rants/Raves: I had planned on telling my husband about the pregnancy tomorrow on our 10 yr anniversary but broke down and told him tonight. He’s so excited, but already complaining on not being able to call his family and tell people yet. Come on man!

Questions: none

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? I had a brown teddy that went with me EVERYWHERE, he was even lost for 5 months at the local Dairy Queen, but my brothers girfirend started working there and saw him in the freezer(where they had been keeping him) and got him back to me. I gave him to my son who could care less about him. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 8/2, so 6w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: 12/21. Will be the dating scan and initial appt. 

How are you feeling?: Tired...though that might be just bc 2yr old doesn’t sleep either. Waves of nausea. Moody, as evidenced by stupid argument with DH. 

Rants/Raves: Wanted to wait to announce but because DH’s fam is visiting for Christmas, we will have to tell them. I’m living in Germany and it’d be way too obvious with me passing on beer and mulled wine at Christmas markets. 

Love having them visit but this will be the second time I’ve had to announce early due to them being in town. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? I read a lot as a kid. I liked camping with my dad. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @littlestbear03 I'm also a July/august straddler. I actually lied about my lmp date to my midwife to make it line up with my ovulation due date bc I was taping and know ovulation is more accurate lol. I think I'm settling more in here because I was in the last 1/4 of my last bmb so to be on the last day of the month in July wasn't really appealing to me lol. #pettyreasons

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Wayyy late to this!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 2! 7w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: Monday 12/17 for an A/S and Nurse visit.

How are you feeling?: exhausted and nauseated All. The. Time. 2nd tri can’t come soon enough! 

Rants/Raves: I won’t shop for this LO until 2nd tri (PGAL brain), but I keep seeing allll the things I want to buy for him/her. Also, The nausea +hunger at the same time thing is weird and I don’t like it. 

Questions: None right now. 

Toy: barbies, treasure trolls, teddy ruxpin. 
    Activity: going to the beach and visiting my grandparents.  <3
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 5th 6 w + 5 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea 💕

Upcoming Appointments: my first appointment isn’t until January 9th. I’m jealous of all these earlier appointments! 

How are you feeling?: yesterday the nausea took a turn for the worse and I threw up at work. Just got done throwing up tonight and I’m exhausted.  

Rants/Raves: my sister in law put me on the spot and asked if we were sharing any exciting news soon so pretty sure my MIL told her about the pregnancy 🙄

Questions: Is anyone else having lower back pain? 

GTKY: favourite childhood toy or activity? My blanket was my favorite thing in the whole world. And like a few other of you ladies I loved reading! I still try to read as often as I can. Nothing beats a good book! 

• @newmamakt I’ve been having lower back pain for weeks... Woof

I’m a big reader too!! This weekend while I wasn’t feeling too hot that’s all I did.
  • Due Date change after my ultrasound today! I’m now due 8/6. 4 days off. Not bad. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN