June 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Check In: 12/15

What’s everyone up to this weekend? Any fun plans? 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: Weekend Check In: 12/15

• Options
    I actually reay don’t have fun plans but I feel like we need more threads and stuff for people to talk about? Not in a disorganized way, more like a Man Crush Monday and GTYK way so I thought this could be a start. 

Im really trying to get to the library today because Im so bored right now. My kid is very much a self entertainer, so while I have to keep an eye on him, I have a lot of
    time where Im not doing a lot actively during the day. So I really need some
    books and movies that I want to watch. I also really have to go to the grocery store, but I’m kind of queasy today so I don’t want to go out. Of
    course the first day I‘m planning to do a bunch of stuff out of the house is the first day in over a week I have a general nausea issue. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tuxielove93
    I am lucky that my kid is an independent self entertainer too. I am struggling with getting up and doing stuff lately though. I blame the cold weather and the exhaustion. Which I think might be starting to fade.

I really need to make an effort to bring her to story time next week since it is free and she loves picking out new books. 
  • Options
    Omg @ohheyitsb that just cracked me up. I'm sorry you're dealing with that but damn if I didnt just snort out loud reading that.

DH's cold finally caught up to me...dang. It's apparently everywhere here, and this particular strain has been a 7-10 day recovery. Annoying. Hopefully I can shake it a little quicker...? (Please, Zicam, be the magical stuff you were promised to be...) For whatever reason, as soon as the nose-blowing started the heartburn evaporated, so I'll accept that tradeoff.

Just got home from buying everything in the grocery store, too, and my to-do list is PAGES long today. We have a bunch of people coming over Monday night for our annual gingerbread house decorating party so I need to get prepped for that today since I'm gone all day tomorrow (actually going to DH's away game, yay!) and working Monday. Buuuuuuut then I discovered the Food Network app has a bunch of old Sandra Lee shows on it, which are pure entertainment. Forget Stranger Things or the Kardashians, there is nothing that brings me joy like watching Aunt Sandy get bombed while making things I wouldn't feed a stray cat and saying absolute nonsense like "You want to use fresh green beans! So these are frozen but I thawed them." Which means my list is shot and our guests Monday may need to chop their own crudites because my night will now include eating a whole pizza and binging on Semi Homemade Cooking.
  • Options
    Low key weekend here...and I am here for it! So sick and so tired haha 
  • Options
    luckystar28luckystar28 member
    edited December 2018
    Also, I’m 16 weeks on Monday and I still can’t feel baby move. Or maybe I do but I don’t think it’s baby? I remember distinct movement with DS and this time it’s quessing. He’s fine, I just had an appointment, but I’m wondering if he’s just a super calm kid? Every time I see him on an ultrasound he’s just laying there lol. I must say I’m okay with it because his brother is the opposite as in does. not. stop. moving. and was the opposite in the womb too. 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I'm the same. I'm feeling what I would equate to third tri kicks from last time, and they're happening only once every few days; I think it's actually muscle spasms, given that the baby is the size of a pear. I'm also ok with it, although slightly wondering whether I should be feeling something more defined by now...
  • Options
    14 weeks here and I’m definitely feeling this wild child. She’s nuts every time I try the Doppler or we have had an appointment. Lord help me, she’s gonna be just like DD. 

I describe early fetal movement kinda like holding a fish in a bag from the county fair. When your hand is against the bag you can feel the water shift with movement. And little *boops* when the fish hits the side of the bag. At least that’s the best way I can describe it. 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 16 weeks on Monday here too and still not totally sure what is baby and what is air shifting around. My DD was also super wild in the womb. I didn’t feel much movement with her this early either but my placenta was anterior. Even at 25 weeks I couldn’t feel her every day and what I did feel was very faint. I think the second time I’m just more skeptical because of all the phantom kicks that happened in the years after DD was born. So many times I had gas movement that felt just like a baby. 
  • Options
    @antera23 your chocolate party sounds fantastic... I cried in my sleep last night over chocolate so find your post even more amusing- I dreamt i didnt get any of these chocolates someone brought to a party (boxes of chocolates) and then found out dozens of boxes got chucked in garbage... i woke up hyperventilating 
  • Options
    @canuckbaby that is a nightmare! Chocolate is important, lol. 

The party is amazing! This year I’m quite sensitive to chocolate so I couldn’t taste as much as last year, lol. It was still great! 
  • Options
    @canuckbaby there has got to be a significant dream interpretation of that. Your blood chocolate levels may be dangerously low.

https://www.fitpregnancy.com/nutrition/theres-good-reason-eat-chocolate-while-pregnant 
  • Options
    We went up to Mt hood yesterday so DH could ski. I just hung out. Ive only tried to ski once several years ago and ended up with the flu while doing it so not a great experience.  And figured now isn't the time to try to learn haha.

I'm also dealing with a cold and drainage. On the way down the mountain my ear clogged from drainage and wouldn't unclog.  I gave in and took Sudafed after texting my doctor to make sure it was okay.  Now it just really hurts and I hope it doesn't turn into an ear infection.

We also go home today.  I'm sad for no more vacation but can't wait to see DS.
  • Options
    Trying to get some Christmas decorations up around here... I didn’t have the energy to do it earlier than this and we wanted to use Christmas decorations as part of the baby announcement that we’re hoping to get out this week. Mostly because if I don’t get it out soon, I’m not sure how much longer our parents can keep a secret... lol. 

Also did some holiday baking using a recipe I’ve used for years, been in the family since before I was born and almost half of the baking didn’t work right and they were for gifts. So now I have to make a second batch and possibly third. None of us can figure out what went wrong since I did the exact same things we’ve always done. 

Other than that that we just chilled at home with our puppy. We haven’t had a weekend like that in awhile so it was fantastic. 
  • Options
    I had a lot on the agenda, but I also need to catch up on my sleep. We made it to a lighted Christmas parade and dd loved it!
  • Options
    We went to Milwaukee to see the Harry Potter with the symphony. It was great. It was an 8 pm show which was crazy late for us. 

Today we have my FILs birthday party. So we are headed home to clean then back out again.

So I'm not a cook. I'm a fairly decent Baker but for Christmas we had been told to bring rolls. Sweet I can buy those. But I got a text from DHs aunt yesterday saying grandma said forget the rolls bring a dessert. Then added that the one of DHs uncle who I really enjoy says that I need to dazzle him with my dessert. Any suggestions? Preferably something that looks difficult and is extremely tastey but is super easy and uncomplicated lol 
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing go get an a premade angel food cake and strawberries and cool whip and vanilla pudding mix. Make pudding then layer crumbled cake, pudding, sliced strawberries, coolwhip repeat in a glass punch bowl or a clear bowl. Voila. You can do a chocolate version but usually easiest to bake a cake a day or two ahead then layer with chocolate pudding coolwhip and a chocolate bar crumbled like skor or crispy crunch
  • Options
    @antera23 I'm super jealous of your chocolate party! That sounds AMAZING. 
    @canuckbaby The damn pregnancy dreams are unreal. I kind of love that one, though. I dreamed last night that DD learned to climb out of her crib and I was SOO bummed!
    I'm so exceedingly frustrated with the bump's platform. Even on my laptop it wouldn't let me post yesterday at all even though it said I was logged in. Today I had to log out and back in three times and open and close the browser twice to make it work. And the app is hopeless.

This was a good weekend. We were supposed to go to the zoo to see lights with SIL and her DH, but it rained. So we just relaxed at home yesterday and watched basketball and then Elf. This morning DH, DD, and I went to breakfast and went to see Santa. It was predictably a disaster and DD wouldn't sit on his lap. So I sat next to santa and she sat on my lap and cried. Hah! Too bad I had no makeup and my glasses on. Oh well. Just football and laundry on the agenda today. I was going to try to intensely clean the house this weekend and wrap all the Christmas presents... but I did not succeed at that! 
  • Options
    I felt a bunch of strong kicks yesterday (16w2d then) and it was so comforting. I could almost feel them on the outside. I can’t wait until my husband and son can feel the baby moving too 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @dntstpbelieveing wait? Do you live in Wisconsin too?! 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I live in very northern IL. But my parents and brother both live a little north of Milwaukee. 
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing yay another Midwesterner! 
  • Options
    DD got baptized this morning and now I am back at work until 11:30pm. I am SO TIRED. But her baptism was beautiful. Tomorrow is my week 12 check up at the OB and Thursday is my NT scan. Hoping both appts go well. I am starting to get over this stupid cold finally after spending all of Friday in bed sick. I always get super nervous before my prenatal appts so today I am just sitting at my desk exhausted but anxious as can be. DH will be able to go to this appt so that is reassuring. I had a bad bout with my depression/anxiety the end of last week but I finally feel like I am our of that hole thank goodness, it was hard but I had lots of support and love through it. Now I just need to hurry up and get to my appt tomorrow for hopefully all good news (I am getting all my blood panel results too) and a nice appt with DH by my side. Also looking forward to this coming weekend....I finally have a mini vacation with 5 days off from work leading into Christmas. Woohoo!!

• Options
    ridermissusridermissus member
    edited December 2018
    @Ki1244 your assessment of Sandy is spot on! LOL
  • Options
    Sitting on a bus with 14 cheerleaders driving through No Man's Land, SD, and finally getting to catch up! Have done nothing but be on the road today, it seems...had my niece and nephew's Christmas program at their church an hour away this morning, so drove there, sat in a church pew for an hour, drove an hour home to get on a bus to drive 3.5 hours to Sioux Falls, saw us win another basketball game (yay!), and now we're on the road home. Whew! Working all day tomorrow and then have 16 people coming over to decorate gingerbread houses. And THEN I can sleep.

@dntstpbelieveing I made a few desserts yesterday that were super easy but actually taste really good...
    - Christmas fudge (took all of 4 minutes)
    - Snickerdoodle cookie dough truffles (with an eggless cookie dough that came together super easy and I will 100% be repeating to eat raw bc it is delish)
    - Candy Cane Kiss dip to go with graham crackers, oreos, and brownies

I'm on my phone right now (mobile app working ok so far today, knock on wood) but if you want any of those recipes I can link when I get home.
  • Options
    I spent the weekend with the in-laws, and I was enjoying them spoiling me because I’m pregnant. But this morning, as we were driving back home, I got sick. So, I took unisom and B6 and have basically slept the whole day away because of it.
  • Options
    @kjr9519 Diclegis makes me soooo tired! I only take it at night because of this 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I almost only take it at night, too. But I was in for a two hour car ride yesterday, and I only had that to make me feel better and prevent me from throwing up in the car (again), so I was a little desperate, haha.
  • Options
    Another Midwesterner! 🙋‍♀️