TTC After a Loss

December TWW

Re: December TWW

• My first round of bloodwork came back okay with an HCG of 60 and normal progesterone.  Repeat tomorrow.  I’m guessing it’s going to be a long weekend waiting for results on Monday.  
  • Congratulations ladies I'm very very happy for you!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • So my test day is Christmas!  I will have to test before that to get the disappointment over beforehand 
  • @Mack2342 oh that would be a wonderful Christmas present, I have everything crossed for you!!
  • Oh FX for you @Mack2342! That would be amazing news for all of us. 
  • Belated entry I’m over here now...CD20 for me today. @Mack2342 my test day falls on Christmas Eve day - I feel your pain. I don’t have much hope for this cycle we only managed to DTD on -2 because DH was super sick the days after. Sigh. Super strong positive opk this month on CD15 too, so disappointed. 
  • Thanks ladies it would be especially since our last loss was a year ago this past Sunday.  But I doubt it.  @justarius sorry DH was sick and you didn’t have great timing. It only takes once!  
  • Thanks, everyone! I'm going into lurking mode after I post this :)

@denma2015 sounds like good news! I hope you get even better news on Monday!
    @Mack2342 @justarius FX for BFP for you too!
  • I’m in my own kind of TWW over here. Found out three of our eggs fertilized from our IVF cycle, now we wait till Thursday to see how many make it to the day five mark. Then we wait for the biopsy testing results to tell us how many are “normal”. If all goes well we will probably transfer in mid February. 
  • Well it's super exciting coming on and seeing all the good news! December has been a good month for many! That's awesome!!

This TWW is ..easier for me it seems. I know my chances are nil. Found out last month after an ER trip for abdominal pain, that I developed a polyp. Last week, the OB said it essentially makes pregnancy impossible as the polyp acts like an IUD.

So now I have to have surgery. Which won't be until the end of March. And then a 6 week recovery. So we are looking at at least May before we even have a slight chance. Which is depressing. It'll be more than a year after my last MC.

In the mean time, I basically spend more than half the month bleeding. 

At least the OB said he would check the patency of my tubes during the surgery. See if anything has changed in the last 9 years. (Obviously something has opened since I've gotten prengant twice).

Maybe a baby just isn't in the cards for me
  • @chillycanadian hopefully the surgery corrects things and you can have a successful pregnancy.  Hopefully you can patiently wait for the surgery.  
  • @chillycanadian I’m sorry you have to wait so long, I find the waiting during this whole process to be so hard! Hopefully it will be just what you need and it won’t be too long after that you get a BFP! 
  • @chillycanadian the waiting is so frustrating. We have such a short window each cycle as it is, then when we have to skip a cycle or two, it just seems so unfair sometimes. Hopefully doc will be able to get a good look around and you'll be pg by Arpil .

AFM, I'm CD28 and was going to poas this morning but just pulled my frer out of my cabinet and it's expired! Ugh. I bought a bunch in the spring, who knew they would expire so quickly! I googled it and it seems expired test could give me a false BFN or a false BFP. I don't want to deal with that headgame so I'm off to buy more and will now test tomorrow. What a rollercoaster
  • @40momma Not to contribute to the madness but *TW* my positive tests were always darker in the afternoon...*End TW*

@chillycanadian Ugh, I'm so sorry you're benched for so long. Time seems to slow does when you're TTC, so hopefully the first few months go by quickly for you.
  • @ruby696 All aboard, the BSC train is leaving the station and I'm on it!
  • FX @40momma!   I’m 9 DPO and holding out a couple more days before I take a test.  Since I’ve accepted that it’s just not going to happen for us again the TWW is less difficult for me.  
  • @chillycanadian I'm so sorry you have to wait so long! That would be incredibly frustrating. I hope the surgery gets things back where they need to be so you can get pg shortly after. 

AFM, I'm 3dpo and already feeling like a crazy person wanting to test. I'm going to hold out until Christmas Eve though. I am, I swear.  
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Aww thanks for all the support ladies. I really appreciate it! ❤️ 
    A 3 month bench waiting for surgery, and then another 2 months for recovery feels like forever. I'm not getting any younger haha.
    Your kinds words and encouragement really does help me feel like I can get through it!
  • BFN this morning which wasn't a surprise after I wanted to smash everyone's heads in at the grocery store last night, I knew I must have been pms'ing. 

• AF showed this morning so I'm definitely out. But on the bright side, I was able to take my pms out on that drive by knottie thread. And now I'm going to have a well deserved glass of wine. 
  • Mack2342Mack2342 member
    edited December 2018
    @40momma Sorry for AF.  just read the drive by...good job with your response.  Hope you enjoyed your wine 
  • @40momma I'm sorry about AF. Drink all the wine. 

That drive by was ridic. I expect that nonsense on TTGP but not over here.
  • 40momma  Posting GIFs to Drive-bys keeps me sane some days...  and allows me to get some of the anger out, because I hate people...

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• That’s great news @char245. FX for more good news! 
  • Yay! @char245 keeping my FX things keep progressing as they should!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• 13 DPO and BFN.  I didn’t really expect anything else but slightly disappointed.  A week before Christmas last year I had a d & c so it would have been a nice surprise this year.  Oh well I will wait for AF which I’ve been bitchy today and then move on to WTO.  

@char245 any more news? How is your dad?
  • @Mack2342 BFN are never easy, I’m sorry! Thanks for asking, my dad is doing well! Looks like the transplant will be a week from today. We will be at the hospital with him for a week and it can take up to a year to fully recover. Hoping this is his cure!! AFM they called today and I have two “excellent” grade embryos that they were able to biopsy. Now we wait about two weeks to find out if any are “normal”. So Much Waiting!! 
  • That’s great on both accounts @char245
  • That’s wonderful @zuuls_mom
  • @justarius congrats and FX for you too!
  • @justarius and @zuuls_mom Congratulations!  Hoping this is a super sticky bean for both of you  <3
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @justarius and @zuuls_mom Congratulations! I hope you both have a H&H and BORING 9 months!! <3