May 2019 Moms

Group 4 Check in W/O 12/10

This thread is for those due May 22-31

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?:

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition?

Re: Group 4 Check in W/O 12/10

• Due date/W+D: 5/30, 15+4

Baby is the size of a(n): cinnamon roll

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing scheduled until my appt/anatomy scan on 1/2 but I need to put a call in about my itching/rash

Rants/Raves?: I'm not feeling better this second trimester. Some days I guess I am, but I actually feel worse others. Like today. I have no idea if I can make it through work today. I'm not sleeping from the itching and the nausea is back with a vengeance

How are you feeling?: I threw up so hard this morning my nose started bleeding, and now I can feel a post nasal drip that is metallic in taste, and therefore some blood drainage from the nosebleed. So yeah 😣

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? The candlelit Christmas Eve service ⛪ I love the meaning behind lighting the candles and it's just so beautiful.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @imrachellea Sorry that the 2nd trimester has not been treating you well! I hope the nausea lets up soon. 

Due date/W+D: May 23, 16+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Any appointments? Questions?:  No appointments this week -- just riding it out until the AS on 1/3

Rants/Raves?: I think I'm feeling this LO move some. It's confusing because it's the same place each time and just slightly above my belly button but I'm pretty sure it's kicks. Their few and far between, but it still is my favorite thing. 

How are you feeling?:  Good. No major complaints. The RLP pain could go away and I'd be glad, but it's been manageable so far. 

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition?  I love midnight mass on Christmas Eve. We won't go this year because I don't want to throw off DS' schedule for Christmas Day, but it's something I'm looking forward to when the kids are older.  Also, growing up my grandparents always did this thing where they'd number all the gifts instead of putting names on them. They'd all be lined up in their tiny living room and we'd crowd around and anxiously wait to find out who was #1. It's silly, but they still do it today and it I look forward to it each year. 

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Loading the player...
  • This thread is for those due May 22-31

Due date/W+D: May 29/15w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n): light bulb 💡 

Any appointments? Questions?: have an appointment but, I have to reschedule because my medi-cal has not been approved yet 😞 (I was totally looking forward to the ultrasound) 

Rants/Raves?: lately, my patience has been wearing thin. I get so annoyed with stupid people lol especially coworkers

How are you feeling?: trying to stay positive since I have placenta previa. On Saturday I had my first hemmorhage due to PP (it wasn’t majors but definitely took it easy that day) 

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? Hmm 🤔 I don’t have a tradition . I need to make one (maybe I’ll make it a tradition to take the kiddos to see Proples xmas lights) 

• Due date/W+D: 5/26 16+1

Baby is the size of a(n): CD

Any appointments? Questions?: appointment nest Monday

Rants/Raves?: ready to be open about the pregnancy! Finally posted on social media yesterday!

How are you feeling?: Tired, nausea randomly, RLP which I could live without but I prefer that to throwing up...

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? Snuggling with cocoa and watching Xmas movies

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Due date/W+D:

May 28, 16 Weeks

Baby is the size of a(n):

Avocado

Any appointments? Questions?:

My next appointment is next week. I am wondering how everyone is doing on the weight gain front? I’m still mostly maintaining which is surprising to me because I feel like I am constantly eating to keep my nausea at bay. Maybe I just am not eating a lot at one sitting? I have a history of disordered eating so I want to make sure I am gaining enough for the baby.

Rants/Raves?:

Tired of not feeling well, but I have switched to ½ a unisom and am still functioning through the day so I am hopeful that by next week I may be able to come off it completely!

How are you feeling?:

See above. Still feeling nauseous but starting to get better.

I have so many! I love holiday traditions. I think my favorite is the candlelight Christmas eve service. There is something almost magical about it and it sets the stage for what Christmas is all about.

• Due date/W+D: 5/28-16 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): of a can of pop, soda, soft drink, coke or whatever you call it... (What do you guys call it?)

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until next week

Rants/Raves?: This congestion sucks ass at night.

How are you feeling?: Besides the congestion, I feel great. It all still feels surreal!

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree & watching Christmas movies. I can't wait to start new traditions with our little guy! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @imrachellea how miserable :( I am feeling relief now by 16 weeks so I'm hoping the same for you

Due date/W+D: 5/28, 16 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment tonight! Just 16 week check up, nothing too exciting.

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: SO much better. Nausea has really died down unless I don't eat. That's what it was like my first pregnancy. I'm so glad the full days of nausea seem to be behind me.

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? I don't celebrate any of the winter holidays and we're just starting to form new traditions with the holidays we do celebrate so I'll go with winter traditions - ice skating! It's one of my favorite things. We didn't go last year because DS was a newborn and we won't go this year because he can't stand yet but we are going to take him sledding at some point. Next year I'm hoping we can get him on the ice! Baby sibling can come along for fun.

Due date/W+D: 16w5d (may 23)

Baby is the size of a(n): dill pickle

Any appointments? Questions?: Appt on friday to discuss my fluctuating high bp

Rants/Raves?: Rant- burned my hand at work so i have a second degree burn on the hand I use to write with (Addressing christmas cards and wrapping presents have been difficult). My boss has cut my hours due to me being pregnant (no other managers hours got cut, just mine and i have been there almost 9 years). My husband told me not to complain as it gives me more time at home to get stuff ready. I think my feeling are hurt more than i am mad because i am still doing everyrhing required of me and i have helped train every manager they have (including all the ones at other locations) so i feel like this should have been discussed with me at the very least.

How are you feeling?: great! My sciatic pain has almost completely went away with the stretches i have been doing and i am feeling the little guy move more and more

Putting up treasured decorations in the house. I have several that my parents bought when they first got together and after my mom died my dad gave them to me. I also enjoy baking cookies and making candied turtles.

• @lappymom2019 *lurking from group 3* I know weight can be a sensitive topic but baby is so small at this point that if you haven't gained anything yet, that's okay unless your doctor says otherwise. Your doctor will probably tell you if/when it starts to be concerning but I know I'm consuming less overall so try to focus on healthy foods when I can and work in some high calorie foods with lots of nutrients (like avocados, almonds, dried fruits). With both pregnancies I've lost weight during first tri and evened out around now (or should in the next couple of weeks) and my doctor has been totally fine with that. I think the normal recommendation is gaining 25-35 lbs but mine recommended I gain 15-20 and I gained 20 last time. I'm only 5'4" but I never asked why it was "less" but I am in the upper end of "normal" BMI for my height. It didn't seem consistent doctor to doctor in my last BMB.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @lappymom2019 I’m not eating nearly as much as I used to. I was also worried that I hadn’t gained and the OB said if you don’t gain in early portions of the pregnancy, the baby will just take the nutrients (and/or fat in my case) from your body and just leave you feeling lacking. Though I am on the verge of an obese BMI so that may play a part. I would keep an open dialogue with your OB about your prior habits and how your feeling about them now. 

@missy052819It feels so surreal to me too. DH said he probably wont feel like it’s real until after the gender reveal and probably after the shower too since he’s not going through changes. 

@justharrison I agree that they should have had a conversation with you. That’s a bummer

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @justharrison it is illegal for them to discriminate against you for being pregnant. I wouldn't confront them with that, but I would keep any email or voicemail if something in that vein is said. If you just want to change the practice, you can approach the upper management. If you're fed up with the practice then you could explore further. 

Due date/W+D: 5/30 15+5

Baby is the size of a(n): a canary

Any appointments? Questions?: appointment on Thursday for just a general check-up. 

Rants/Raves?: none right now. 

How are you feeling?: nausea is getting better, but still have crappy days like this morning with throwing up 2x or more a day. Wish this was over! 

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? We always do a take on the feast of seven fishes for Christmas eve, but not necessarily the traditional dishes. Not sure what we'll do this year since I think it'll only be me, DH and my parents for Christmas eve. I love that and watching all the old claymation Christmas videos. 

• @justharrison that's extremely inappropriate and 100% discrimination. Agreed with @knarlytaurus, keep a trail of that and go to HR if you need to. Document EVERYTHING.

• @justharrison I would definitely document that. It sounds like discrimination, but in an attempt to be positive maybe they thought you wanted less time since you were exhausted.  I think it is worth asking or casually mentioning that you noticed.

@kbeers13 and @kvh22 Thank you that makes me feel better! I will bring it up at my appointment next week and just make sure everything is on track. I am an average BMI.

Due date/W+D: May 22 | 17+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment with my internist next week about my ER scare last night and then a cardiology referral (long post in the symptoms thread for this week). Anatomy scan 2 weeks from today!

Rants/Raves?: My husband is traveling a lot in the next few weeks (including my birthday, Christmas and our 5-year anniversary) and I am trying not to be too disappointed. He isn't great about planning ahead for gifts so I am not expecting anything, though I have arranged a few for our anniversary (we don't usually do Christmas gifts). Mostly just sad he won't be home for my next round of appointments. He is going to try to make the anatomy scan, but my mom is on stand-by.

How are you feeling?: Actually really good, not counting last night. Some pressure when trying to empty my bladder (called the OB office in a panic about a bladder infection or kidney infection, but urine tests earlier this week were normal). Apparently it can happen when you wait too long to use the bathroom!

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? We won't be able to this year, but my husband and I usually spend Christmas morning making breakfast, eating it in bed and then going to a movie. A perfect lazy morning before meeting up with family in the evening.

• @cwell2016 that sounds like a wonderful Christmas morning ;) We also don't exchange Christmas gifts, our birthdays are after the holidays. If I want something I just buy it. Hope you're feeling better :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @cwell2016 I am sorry your husband won't be around. That is awful that he has to travel around Christmas. 
  • @knarlytaurus @DuchessOfCambridge @lappymom2019 thanks guys! I was going to bring it up casually and see what was going on but DH convinced me not to. The owner of the company in my boss’s FIL and they have done some shady stuff in the past. DH just wants me to quit so i dont have to deal with them anymore. I have decided to work through til the end of month and thats it. They have no problem scheduling me long days/weeks when they need me to train so it just aint worth the back and forth anymore.
  • Sounds like you'll be better off out of there, @justharrison. Sounds like your DH is really supportive which is great. Good luck and if they slip up and blatantly discriminate against you, it can be your parting shot :) 
  • Due date/W+D: May 23/ 17 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing till January

Rants/Raves?: DH seems to always have to go out of town around Christmas! He'll be back 4 days before Christmas :/. At least he'll be home for the actual holiday!

How are you feeling?: still dealing with a bit of morning sickness but as long as I can manage to eat something I won't throw up lol

GTKY: what is your favorite holiday tradition? Every year a couple weeks before Christmas my family has a party where we sing Christmas Carol's together and I love it! It's on sunday and I cant wait!

• @justharrison I'm glad you're getting out of there

• @knarlytaurus he is so supportive, i feel so lucky to have found such a great guy!

@DuchessOfCambridge me too! It will be nice to just focus on classes and the baby for the next year