April 2019 Moms

Week 2 check-in w/o 12/10

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner?

Re: Week 2 check-in w/o 12/10

• Due date: April 12

Any appointments? Questions? I have my monthly midwife appointment Wednesday. 

Rants/Raves? Just being able to feel baby kick more and more (and I think punch) which is super exciting!

How are you feeling? I feel a TON better than I have the few previous weeks. I went to both a chiropractor and acupuncturist and will continue as long as I think it's working! 

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? He's an amazing father (he has 5 kids with previous women) so I have no worries when it comes to his support for this little babe. 

• Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? No appts until the 26th

Rants/Raves? Saw that a March 2019 mama had her baby kind of freaked me out! Wishing her all the best but praying none of our babes make their appearance for quite a while. 

How are you feeling? I am feeling good this week! Finally kicked my cold. 

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? He is such a great provider and loves his family tremendously!

• Loading the player...
  • Yay for feeling babe kick, @rennie1108!

@jayhawkmom4, someone told me about their friend having their baby at 27 weeks, and I'm just like yikes!  I know people like telling pregnant women stories about other pregnant women but it makes me nervous.  Hope we all have happy and healthy babies, regardless of when they arrive!

Due date: April 10th

Any appointments? Questions? I think I have a checkup on the 19th?  Haha, obviously I've been so focused on this pregnancy this time around.

Rants/Raves? Rant: sciatica and low back pain can kiss my a**.  I'm so over it already.  It makes exercising and working suck, and I'm not looking forward to what the third trimester might be like since it's so bad already.  Rave: I get some time off for the holidays, and while it will partially suck since it's unpaid, I'm so excited to have some family time. 

How are you feeling? See rant above... other than that and umbilical hernia/random uterus pain, I really can't complain (though I will anyway, haha).

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? He always makes me laugh, even when I'm having a shit day.  I love his silliness and sense of humor, and when I'm at my wits end with DS, DH manages to get him to laugh and I feel like it helps balance out my stressful parenting.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited December 2018
    Due date: 4/10

Any appointments? Questions? Nothing until 12/19, then it's time for my 24 week appointment... and my glucose test. Very nervous for that. I have a sensitive stomach and while I've been doing better, I'm afraid I won't be able to tolerate the drink.

Rants/Raves? Love being able to feel baby move so much. LOVING  the cold weather we've had, and getting to do little things like wear a cute winter hat and drink hot chocolate without sweating!

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Though I've noticed that I get very stiff and sore easily now, and I have a hard time bending over and getting in/out of bed. The skin on my stomach also really, really hurts from stretching. Feels like I'm going to pop.

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? Like @kangstadt said, he constantly makes me laugh and his humor got me through some dark days this pregnancy. He's endlessly supportive, kind, loyal, and so hard working. I have no doubt he'll make a great dad!

• Due date: 4/8

Any appointments? Questions? next appt is this friday (12/14). glucose test. >_< I lived soley on mc donalds & haagen dazs during my first pregnancy & came nowhere close to being diabetic, but this time I'm nervous about my results b/c I did start this pregnancy heavier than the last time :( I've been battling a shitty cold for a week and a half- I'll see if she can prescribe something other than sudafed for it since that isn't doing shit for me. 

Rants/Raves? not a rant, but *tw* I reached out to another mama via instant message at my company to ask her about pumping at work. I last saw her in jan this year, so I knew she would've had her baby by now. so I started off w/ "hi, how are you doing? how is motherhood?" and she told me she went into pre-term labor and lost the baby. first, I felt like a cunt. and then I just started bawling at my desk for her. what's worse is we aren't even close. we work different programs, so we're hardly friends, but shit, I felt so bad for bringing it up! I think the convo ended ok, though. I shared my miscarriage w/ her and just told her that I'm here for her if she ever wants to talk. 

How are you feeling? better, since finding a new sleep position! I'm too fucking fat for the snoogle. that thing didn't do shit for me. and I'm not sure what sciatica is, but I think I get it when I sleep on my sides b/c I wake up damn near every hour w/ nerve pain on whatever hip/thigh I'm sleeping on. I have found that propping about 4 pillows under my back, & sleeping in a seated position helps me out a lot. I don't wake up in pain, & get more sleep through the night! wee!!

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? I love how forward-thinking he is. I feel like I have an amazing ally in him when it comes to combatting gender conformity, & equal gender rights. I don't mean to get preachy or political in any way. but one of my favorite things about my husband is his confidence enough in his manhood that standing by my side to champion for equal rights doesn't threaten his masculinity. 

• Due date: 4/8

Any appointments? Questions? Midwife appointment on Monday. Just a normal monthly appointment, I'm choosing to refuse the glucose test as I don't have any risk factors and it just made me sick with DD. If a risk factor were to pop up I'll choose to do an alternative one that doesn't involve drinking a glass of sugar.

Rants/Raves? Rave is that I get to go home today and see the family! Rant is that I have to open tomorrow at 4am so there goes my late night spending time with DH.

How are you feeling? Pelvic pain has started which has made the waddle come out a time or two. I'm super short so having a belly this size definitely makes me lean back more than I would like and I feel like it's too early for that. Otherwise, my energy levels have stayed pretty constant so that's good.

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? So many amazing things. He has the patience of a saint, which is great because I'm the opposite. He is always so calm and talks things through and never seems to raise his voice or argue even if I tend to instigate at times. He brings some spontaneity to our relationship and makes life fun. He's definitely the perfect person for me.

• @batmama31 Im in a similar situation at work, the woman in the office next to me struggled with many miscarriages. She has a girl but has been trying for years for another, shes 40 or 41 I believe. I waited as long as possible to tell her I was expecting.

Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions?12/28

Rants/Raves? Rants: still have a horrible cold! going on just over a week now.

How are you feeling? Down in the dumps this week but everyday that passes has been a blessing. I am scared to death of going into labor early. I never had these feelings with my previous 2 pregnancies. I believe its because I bled for a couple of weeks in early 2nd trimester, also my doctor informed me I have a short-ish cervix (2.8cm at my 19 week US). Hes going to keep a eye on it but doesn't seem too worried, over course I started googling and thats never good.

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? Hes freaking hilarious, we have been together for over 10 years and he can still get me rolling on the floor with laughter. My DD takes after him so now I have two clowns. everyday he makes me smile, no matter how upset or down I feel.<3

• @snowhite12 I have this major fear of getting pre-eclampsia. I'm not really sure why (my BP was a teensy higher than normal last visit so I think that has something to do with it), as I don't have any major risks for it, but I'm just terrified. I have my monthly appointment today, and I'm hoping my BP is ok.
  • @rennie1108 I hope your BP is ok too. If it means anything, I had high BP with my first pregnancy from the start. I even had to do a 24 hr urine test to check for proteins and several non stress tests when in my 3rd trimester. Everything turned out fine and I was never diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. I had my DD 2 days early and she came out healthy! Also never had high BP with my 2nd and so far I'm in the clear with this one too. I pray everything will be fine for you too

• @snowhite12 That does make me feel better to hear! They did my BP manually yesterday, and it was like 100 over 60. So I'm super happy! They used the automatic cuff last week, which I hate because I feel like it always reads higher. 
  • Hi everyone, I’m new to this group, excited to “meet” all of you!

Due date: 11-Apr-2019

Appts / Questions: just had a check-up on Monday, everything is looking good! Doc wants me to get my platelets checked, is this standard of care (In Canada) or does it maybe have something to do with me being anemic?

Rants / Raves: I really wanted to avoid getting a TON of maternity clothes (I just hate the thought of spending money on stuff I’m going to wear for a brief period of time then give away), but my rapidly expanding bump is starting to make this impossible. I have a few staples, but it looks like I’m going to need to get a few more... and clothes shopping this close to Christmas is going to be a nightmare! (I know, not really a problem, more of an annoyance!)

How are you feeling? Good. Large.

GTKY: My partner is honest to god the kindest person I’ve ever met. He’s really selfless and cares so much about being a good person. He sees how tired I am lately between work, school and you know, growing a human, and has taken up pretty much 100% of the cooking and cleaning, and even zips ip my boots for me so I don’t have to bend over. He’s just the best! 
  • Welcome, @kate_e_nb, glad to have you in our week 2 group!
  • Due date: April 11th

Any appointments? Questions? My next sonogram is Wednesday. Super excited to see my little girl now that we have a name for her. 

Rants/Raves? Heartburn is a cruel and unusual punishment for creating a life. It is easily my most hated symptom right now. I can laugh at myself if I pee myself when coughing or sneezing but there is nothing to laugh at when heartburn has taken over your stomach, chest and thoat.

How are you feeling? Aside from the heartburn I'm not too bad. I feel some of my initial second trimester energy ebbing away. But that just means I can take naps again :) for the most part I'm enjoying pregnancy, the bonding kicks from my baby girl and all the new stuff I learn everyday (no matter how gross)

He's absolutely amazing. He's been by my side every step of the way through this crazy ride. I melt in all kinds of ways now when I see him playing with my niece's. He's going to be such a great daddy and this little girl of ours is going to have him wrapped around her finger. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • *Lurking from week 1*
    @phoenix92885 I remember when I first experienced heartburn, it was with this pregnancy. I was driving and felt panicked because I didn't know what it was. Some time later, I was talking to a friend about my symptoms and had mentioned how I had frequent acid reflux during my first trimester and not so much anymore, but I had heartburn recently and it was horrible. Her response was "Wow! Well acid reflux is so much worse so good thing you're not having that anymore!" I was so confused. To me, heartburn is painful and acid reflux is more of an annoyance. I wouldn't want either, but I would choose one over the other if I could.
  • @mighty_montgomery I totally agree with you. Your friend sounds crazy!!! Lol. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @elmich3 Im not sure if this is the same pain you're having but some mornings I feel like my pubic bone is going to split in half, like is so painful when I get up out of bed or I having been sitting for a while. I had this with my first pregnancy towards the very end (about 35 weeks I think) but not with my 2nd pregnancy. 
    The pain isn't consistent yet and isn't everyday but Im already preparing for the worst. Im not even 24 weeks yet and its happening already. I didn't find any kind of relief until I delivered last time.
  • Due date: 
    4/9

Any appointments? Questions? 

Christmas Eve

Rants/Raves? 

This pelvic girdle pain is ridiculous. I’m going to need to invest in a good support band because I can’t deal with this constant pain for another 16weeks. Any recommendations?

How are you feeling? 

Sick, fighting a cold and praying it doesn’t turn into a sinus infection

He is an extremely hard worker and can’t sit still for long without doing something. It’s great because I don’t typically have to get on him for not doing anything but can be annoying that he’s always working 

He’s also an amazing father to our kids

• @blueberrymomma, I've only tried two belly support bands, and I'm not 100% sure on the brand names.  The one is a standard buy-off-Amazon Velcro closure one that is supposed to provide some support under your bump.  It's okay, not sure it's helped me so far but I think that's because my pain is just related to loosening tendons and not so much the strain of a baby bump on my back.  The other one I have is actually an abdominal binder that my nurse friend got for me, and its much heftier and covers more area.  Only downside is that I need DH to put it on for me to get it tight enough.

My suggestion is see if any moms in your area have ones they would be willing to give/loan you since it's a fairly common maternity item but not used after that really.  Hope this helps a bit!
    Pregnancy Ticker