January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change EDD Jan 1-7 (week of Dec 9)

Congratulations @dlpanda08 on the arrival of Philomena!  <3  please keep us updated on how the two of you are doing!

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming Appointments?

R/R/Q?

GTKY: What is something you do to spoil yourself / what are you doing to stay comfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy?

Re: Weekly Ticker Change EDD Jan 1-7 (week of Dec 9)

• EDD? 
    Jan 2nd

Symptoms? 
    Llooooottttsss of swelling in my ankles. It's so pretty... Blech. Some acid reflux and back pain, but also lots of anticipation for baby!

Appointments? 
    Weekly midwife, prenatal chiro, prenatal massage

R/R/Q? 
    Omg omg ohhh my geeeee we are almost done with this pregnancy business!
    My dog, a golden retriever, has picked up on something being up. I'm sure he has no idea about the actual baby, but he truly babysits me all day long. Just sits and stares... Or wraps himself up with me. He's being very watchful, so I'm thinking I smell different. The waddle walk is probably also making him think that I might be injured or something. 

GTKY: What is something you do to spoil yourself / what are you doing to stay comfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy?
    Totally taking advantage of my work benefits for massages! I'm also taking 2.5 weeks of vacation time before the EDD to just clean up and be as ready as I can get for baby's arrival. Feeling very zen now.
  • EDD? Jan 2

Symptoms? Shortness of breath, night sweats, slow moving, general discomfort - noticeably more than last week

Upcoming Appointments? This Thursday for another cervical check- last week I was not dilated at all. And hopefully my doctor will have some more answers about what to do at delivery in case I still have shingles 

R/R/Q? GTKY: I have my hospital bag packed! You all inspired me to get it done and now I feel better about that. 

What is something you do to spoil yourself / what are you doing to stay comfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy? I am getting a mani/pedi next week and bought new makeup which always makes me feel more put together. I have been napping on the weekends like crazy- 3 hour naps! I’m just so uncomfortable  :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • @sushilove15 so sorry about the Shingles! What a pain to have to deal with that on top of everything else!

EDD? 1/5/2019

Symptoms? Little to no appetite. Once I start eating it is usually fine but hard to find anything that appeals. Sciatica pain in the middle of my right butt cheek. I think my work chair is making it worse.

Upcoming Appointments? Ultrasound Thursday AM and then weekly appointment Thursday afternoon. I was measuring small at my appointment on Friday so they want me to go in for an ultrasound. My OB said she thought baby girl was sideways so hopefully that is why the measurement was off. I tried to do my own fundal measurement today and it looks right at 36 centimeters but I'm not positive I know where to start and stop.

R/R/Q? My hospital bag is not packed but I've started getting things together. DH read that it is important for him to have fresh breath during labor so he has packed gum, mints, and mouthwash so far  :p

GTKY: What is something you do to spoil yourself / what are you doing to stay comfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy? I'm taking the last two weeks of December off from work and will watch lots of Christmas movies and definitely get a pedicure at some point! I'd like to go on a few dates with DH as well. Time will tell if I go back to work 1/2 or not.
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @leighbrek that is so sweet about your dog. I love goldens. I bet he will be very protective of the baby too. 

@lacroixliz that’s too funny about your DH. Making sure he is prepared! I hope your appointment on Thursday goes well, keep us updated  <3
  • @leighbrek so cute about your dog! My cats are acting a bit needier but they go through phases so it's hard to tell if they know (or care) that anything's actually up! They sure do love sniffing all the baby furniture though.

EDD? 
    1/7/18 (36 + 0 today!)

Symptoms? Insomnia, exhaustion, pelvic pressure/pain, achy belly from stretching, all the braxton hicks contractions, heartburn

Upcoming Appointments? Today was our 36 week checkup and possibly our last sono. It's weekly midwife checkups from here on out! 

R/R/Q? This is a combo of all 3 but baby is measuring an estimated 7lb 14oz. I know sono measurements can be inaccurate, especially in late pregnancy but I have been consistently measuring big throughout all of this trimester. Getting nervous about what size baby I am really going to have! My plan is to go unmedicated/low-intervention and I don't want to psych myself out too much but owwie! My family is full of really tall people and our donor was no small fry either...
    Q: For STM+s, what size was your baby measuring in the final weeks of pregnancy, and was that an accurate assessment of them when they were born?

GTKY: What is something you do to spoil yourself / what are you doing to stay comfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy? In an attempt to spoil myself, we took maternity photos this past weekend - a combo package for maternity and newborn ones.  My wife and I took some nice ones together, and I took some on my own, including some bare belly ones where I was wearing only a black crop top and black underwear.  Nothing too boudoir/sexy but I wanted to remember this belly in all its glory! I can't wait to see the pics <3

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @sushilove15 Goldens are such amazing dogs! I would never hesitate to get another one, that's for sure. :smile:

@sfgiantsgamerbabe How dare you start talking in terms of days! How can we be there already...? :lol:

@rooonilwaazlib Cats are such mysteries! It would be so worth seeing their faces when there's an actual baby in that baby stuff!
  • @leighbrek I know! I have a feeling at least one of my guys will be hiding every time the baby makes a noise

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib I wouldn’t worry too much about baby’s weight. I was measuring a full two weeks ahead my whole third tri and my midwife said to expect a nearly 9 pound baby when I was admitted to be induced. She came out 6 pounds 6 ounces.  

@leighbrek your dog sounds like a total sweetheart! There is something so sweet about pets showing extra affection to the unborn babies. 

We had our first night at home with Philomena last night and it was much more challenging than I expected. Between cluster feedings and little Philly deciding that 2am is the best time to be alert and play, it was quite the initiation.

Highlights: DS asking to do skin-to-skin with her before bed and asking tons of questions about her. DD actually ignoring texts to spend time together as a family. DH setting timers and finding apps in the wee hours of the morning to try and get us both as much sleep as possible. 

Struggles: philomena is struggling with her latch, even with me using a nipple shield and my milk hasn’t come in yet, so we are having to supplement the little colostrum she gets with formula at each feeding right now. We are having to use a method where she sucks on my pinky while DH uses a syringe to give her the formula so she can work the muscles that she will use to latch on to me once my milk comes in. I’m also hand expressing and pumping after every feeding to help encourage my supply. If it weren’t for the amazing lactation consultants at my hospital I probably would have given up before even going home. We see our pediatrician tomorrow morning so hopefully she can also help us figure out the best plan. She lost 6 ounces before leaving the hospital and wasn’t producing the right amount of diapers in her first 48 hours, so we are trying to figure out the best plan for keeping her healthy. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • congrats @DLpanda08 !

EDD? 1/8, but I've been sure she will be early this whole time. I'm really hoping I'm right because I'm about ready to be DONE.

Symptoms?  lots of pelvic girdle pain. Braxton-Hicks. heartburn. general uncomfortable-ness. 

Upcoming Appointments? Saw the pelvic floor PT yesterday about all the pain but she basically just told me to do kegels. ( :| ). Thursday I see the OB for the GBS swab. 

R/R/Q? 
    Rave: I'm off work as of last Friday!! I'm trying to finish up a few little projects for the baby's room, and get a bunch of things done that I've been putting off (oil change, dogs groomed, kitchen cupboards organized).
    Rant: I'm feeling Christmas-y but I'm also super unmotivated to actually decorate my house. It feels kind of pointless because I've waited so long to do it. We put our tree up on Sunday, but I havent even gotten the ornaments out yet. 

This weekend is DH's work's holiday party at a fancy hotel in downtown Sacramento. We got a room and I'm looking forward to getting to sleep in without worrying about DD.
    I wrote out a nice stretching/"exercise" routine (including stupid kegels) to do in the mornings. I downloaded the Headspace app again to do some guided meditations. I'm just trying to take it easy. DD is still going to day care even though I'm off work, so I'm trying to relax as much as possible. I might try to schedule a prenatal massage in a couple weeks.
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • EDD?  1/19 but repeat cs scheduled for 1/7 due to GD, so I figured I'd post here. 

Symptoms?  lots of swelling the last few weeks, big fluctuations in highs and lows with my sugar levels too which is frustrating. Sore hips, no sleep, the usual.

Upcoming Appointments? Next Tuesday, growth scan, BPP

R/R/Q? Just excited to have an end date in sight!

GTKY: What is something you do to spoil yourself / what are you doing to stay comfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy? Hoping to get my toes done for Christmas. Pretty basic haha
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • DLpanda08 she is beautiful! 

EDD? January 3

Symptoms? Really dry hands, pelvic pressure, just general discomfort but overall not bad. Baby boy has dropped and seems to be content to stay in an ideal position. 

Upcoming Appointments? We had a weekly appointment last Friday and I was 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Doctor said it's a good place to be for less than 4 weeks out. We have an appointment this Friday and will be 37w1d, so full term finally! 

R/R/Q? 
    Rant- Still have so much organizing to do around the house and am stressing super hard about LO's arrival. People at work are almost constantly telling me how big they think he is and are starting to make guesses at his birth weight. Chill, folks. 
    Rave- DH is turning in his research today and will graduate with his Master's degree on Saturday! I'm so excited and proud of him. He has worked super hard the past couple years to accomplish this. 

GTKY: What is something you do to spoil yourself / what are you doing to stay comfortable these last few weeks of pregnancy? Lately I've just been wrapping up in a blanket and propping up on pillows and crashing on the couch to watch Netflix or read. This has been the best way to relax by far. Added bonus that my cat has been extra cuddly lately and is basically a little space heater.
    Me: 23 DH: 24
    Married since 8/2017
    This is our first and we are so excited! 
  • @DLpanda08 your highlights gave me the biggest smile! So sweet.  Good luck with the latch. Be patient with yourself! You'll get to sleep again in a couple years, don't worry 😂
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    edited December 2018
    EDD? 
    01/02/2019 but may be induced sometime 12/20-12/26 depending on my growth scan results next week

Symptoms? 
    heartburn is my biggest complaint these days. I have luckily avoided most other unpleasant symptoms in the third tri

Upcoming Appointments? 
    Just had a BPP and Prenatal today (all is well); weekly chiro & massages. My big follow up growth scan is next wednesday that will determine my fate of getting induced early or allowed to gestate to spontaneous labor. It all depends on if I am above or below the 10th percentile in size and last time I was 11% so it's a 50/50 as to how this is going to go...The scan prior to that I was in the 4.5% so it's not looking super great but I'm staying cautiously optimistic 

R/R/Q? 
    Rave: It's my last week at work! Cheers to the final countdown @lacroixliz @jandd2014

Rant: Trying to hand off all my work has been a huge cluster. For some reason my boss insisted that our secretary take over one of my reports and she A ) doesn't have the excel skills to do it B ) doesn't want to do it and has a piss poor attitude and C) has no idea what the content of the report even means.
    I have spent the better part of the week writing tutorials, making practice files for her and answering her 13216843521 questions which is a huge waste of time and resources when there are many more qualified people to take this over with a quick 15 minute explanation. Boss wants her to "get more involved and learn excel" and thought that me going on leave and doing it with a report that gets sent to the CEO was a good time to do that??? It's frustrating because I have much bigger, more important things to be handing off and training on that haven't gotten the attention needed because of this report debacle. I can't get out of this place fast enough rn.

Stop working. See Rant above lol. Getting prenatal massages weekly; taking long baths almost nightly when I can; letting DH take over more of the kitchen duties and feeling 0% guilty about having him clean and do dishes while I soak in said bath with my ipad watching Hulu  :D

@DLpanda08 so glad to hear an update from you! Sorry BF isn't going super smooth right now but way to hang in there! Philly is the cutest nickname ever  <3
  • @KLS123 I am sorry that your work situation isn't going smoothly. That does sound super frustrating, especially at this level of pregnant!
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • @KLS123 I would be ready to get out of there too if my boss pulled something like that! What a complete waste of everyone’s time and expertise. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker