July 2019 Moms

Thyroid Issues?

My TSH is slightly elevated and I’m going in later today for the full panel. So I recognize that I’m operating with only a small part of the picture at this point. But anxiety arises nonetheless.

I am 11 weeks and just discovered elevated TSH. Anyone have thyroid issues in this or another pregnancy? What’s the treatment? And what are the risks? I’ve googled and that’s not helpful. There’s also surprisingly little out there about it at all. Just curious! 

Re: Thyroid Issues?

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2018
    @Happyin14 I have an elevated thyroid from pregnancy as well, Since we did IVF to get pregnant they caught it when I was about 4 weeks 3 days along and started me on levothyroxine (or synthyriod) 75mg one every morning probably throughout my pregnancy. It's actually really common. Did they prescribe you any meds?
  • I’ve had a thyroid condition since age 14. My dosage (also levothyroxine or synthroid) increased by almost 40% my first pregnancy and then after I had my son it only decreased a small amount. So far this pregnancy my dosage did not need to be adjusted at all. But as long as you’re on top of it and the prescription is correct it will correct everything and it is not harmful to the baby! Basically the baby is stealing all of your t4s right now which is why your TSH is so high as it is searching for the thyroid hormone if that makes sense. This is very common in pregnancy 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • Meds haven’t been prescribed because they are waiting for full panel. I just worry that we found it too late...