TW: ultrasound with heartbeat — The Bump
TTC after 35

TW: ultrasound with heartbeat

Hi all,

I have indeed been lurking a little for the past few weeks. I wanted to follow up and say I had my first ultrasound on Friday at 7 weeks. Heart beat looked good--138--and the size of the fetus and embryo sac were right on target with the EDD.

I know I was here for a short time compared to many, but thanks nonetheless for the support! I hope those still here and who pop in will have a short stay. For now, I'll consider myself graduated. 

Best wishes to you all!
marijaa333mdogan29Kimcarc21

Re: TW: ultrasound with heartbeat

• That’s great!   Congrats!!! I hope the remaining months are uneventful and you will be holding LO soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats congrats, what a milestone!
    ME: 44 / DH: 46
    DD conceived naturally, born 1/9/14
    Consulted RE after trying for #2 for 1 year, 9/16
    RE diagnosis: DOR, poor egg quality
    1/2017: IUI #1, Femara, failed
    2/2017: IUI #2, Femara, failed
    3/13/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #1, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
    4/19/17: ER, no embryos survived past morula stage, poor egg quality given as reason
    5/3/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #2, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
    6/7/17: ER, 1 egg retrieved, mature but did not fertilize, poor egg quality given as reason
    7/21/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #3, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel)
    8/24/17: ER, 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 7 fertilized, no embryos survived past morula stage, poor egg quality given as reason
    9/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #4, antagonist protocol (menopur/follistim/ovidrel), started organic, non-processed, no white sugar/flour, diet with unscented/nontoxic personal care products 4 weeks before ER (books suggested it takes 2-3 months)
    10/11/17: ER, 5 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 1 arrested at 3 cells and the other arrested at 5 cells, poor egg quality given as reason, doctor suggested it was time to move on to donor eggs but I asked to give it one last chance and kept on my diet/unprocessed/unscented/nontoxic products
    12/28/17: started IVF + ICSI + PGS cycle #5, microdose lupron protocol
    2/1/18: ER, 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature and 6 fertilized, 3 survived to day 5 blastocyst, 2 PGS normal
    7/12/18: FET #1, negative
    9/21/18: FET #2 scheduled

• Congratulations!