Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 12-12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 12-12

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 18/17

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: letrozole, trigger shot, IUI #1 progesterone suppositories, vit D, PNV

R/R: last day on my own at work. Thank God!

CS/Q: won't be including a chart anymore since the RN said OPKs and temping aren't necessary with them doing the US to check my follicle's progress. At the same time, if I don't, I feel like I might worry about whether or not they'll catch O since some people seem to O earlier than normal when they take letrozole (I ovulate on my own).
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23, yay for this being your last day on your own at work! Hope that lessens the mental load for you.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 17 (I was accidentally "on" CD 15 two days in a row and skipped CD16, oops)

WAYDTGKU: pnvs, opks, HIO EODish

R/R: Rave - my husband is the sweetest and has been really stepping up his game around the house. I'm busy with things every night after work this week, and we have guests coming over this weekend. He has been doing all the house cleaning and prep, and I'm so thankful!
    Rant - I'm so confused what my body is doing this month. It's normal for me not to O until CD 18-20, but I've had EWCM for over a week now, when I usually only have 1 or 2 days before O. But, I've been taking OPKs twice a day to catch my surge, and they don't even appear to be getting darker yet. Whaaaaaat is going on?!?! (rhetorical question). TW in spoiler
    **TW I had a CP last month, so I know my cycle can/might be wonky, but I'm still grumpy about it. **

CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @galentine You can definitely be grumpy! Just when you think you know your cycle, it surprises you. Major props to YH. 

@inthewoods23 GL with your IUI this cycle! I understand all the nerves you're having about catching your O. Luckily, they're professionals, right? (hopefully anyway!) 

Month/cycle: 7

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: SMEP, OPKs, Bbt etc 

R/R: idk why but I've been shamelessly cheery this week. I wore a new sweater yesterday that got a lot of compliments (and I wouldn't have been able to wear it if I was KU, so, Ha!!). Anyway, I think I am just much better at the WTO part than the TWW wait part. Also, holiday cheer helps.

CS/Q: Nah ma dudes
  • Options
    elle-0409elle-0409 member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 That's great that you don't have to worry about OPK's and temping, but I don't blame you for wanting to monitor things in case you O early. When I was put on progesterone, I went from ovulating on CD 20 to CD 15 the following month. Do whatever feels right for you.
    @galentine Your husband wins all of the awards! It's so great that he is helping you out. Hopefully, your cycle settles back down soon and you get a clear indicator of O in the next few days!
    @jennifer_louise Yay for Holiday Cheer! Go forth and rock that sweater! I'm also way better at WTO than the TWW.

Month/Cycle: 6/6
    CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: SMEP, BBT, OPK, Progesterone supplement, PNV, B6, B12

R/R: Hump Day! Get your (moderately wild) party on! No complaints here, other than it seems that a racoon has sneaked into our home and eaten most of the Christmas cookies I made. (The racoon in this scenario is me.) DH and I keep saying we need to call maintenance to come out and check on the racoon problem. Mind you, we say this while gingerbread men crumbs fall out of our mouths. My favorite phrase is, "This place is lousy with racoons!"

CS/Q: My temps are lower this month by about .5 degrees. Not sure if it's because it's actually cold here for once, but I'm not terribly concerned about it yet. Nothing fancy to post.

ETA: tags

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @inthewoods23 I'm still temping through my monitoring but more so because I'm just curious to see what my chart will look like on the meds and to see if it all lines up properly. Hopefully not temping will ease your anxiety, but if you think you need the added reassurance maybe you just temp while you're WTO then you can stop? 
    @galentine I'm sorry your body is messing with you right now. That's so nice that YH is stepping up though! You've got one of the good ones!
    @jennifer_louise I love that you're cheery. I think it makes me grumpier when I am so conscious of my bad mood (like yesterday). In much better spirits today. 
    @elle-0409 LOL @ the raccoons. Hahahaha. You're hilarious. Hope you had a lovely, SMEP-py evening last night. 

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words yesterday. Feeling much better today, and after talking it through with my Aunt (who I'm really close to) I think we have a plan on how to keep my brother in the loop but not actually have to include him in any high(er) level of involvement. 

Month/Cycle: 12/9

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU:  PNVs, BBT/RHR, CM, Vit C & D, Vit B12, Omega 3s, CoQ10, Metformin, Ovasitol, PCOS/low carb diet, HIO, softcups, acupuncture, monitored letrozole+TI cycle

R/R: No rants today, I think I used them all up yesterday. Even though they forgot about me at the clinic this morning and I had to sit there for an hour until there was nobody left, I got my favourite tech, the regular guy was back to do my b/w so that went smoothly, everything else falling into place. We're finalllly putting our Christmas lights up tonight after my U/S because we took the rest of the day off, soooo excited for that! 

CS/Q: Pretty sure FF is going to think I O'd yesterday but according to U/S (and to be confirmed by b/w), I should O today or tomorrow. Follies are measuring at 24mm, 22mm, and 18mm. Lining at 8mm (they said anything over 7mm is good). 

Question - for anyone doing acupuncture, do you ever feel a little woozy or light-headed after? I can't tell if it was just because I was face down for 45 mins or if it was the treatment. I could barely walk straight after... pretty sure I shouldn't have driven home in retrospect, but it was only 4 mins from my house and I felt fine as long as I was sitting down. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    edited December 2018
    ETA My computer is totally not working this morning so I am on mobile!! I’ll be back to tag later!! 

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, CM, HIO, prenatals, (soon to be) raspberry leaf tea / preseed / evening primrose oil

R/R: nothing much this morning except my computer not wanting the internet to work. Glad it’s Wednesday. Pissed that my ugly sweater is being delayed to be shipped from target so I need to go today on my lunch and find sweaters for DH and I since my friends ugly sweater party is Friday night. 

CS/Q: nope
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @elle-0409 rofl at those damn raccoons. yall are cute/funny. (also, I read the GTKY thread 1st & someone made a joke about yr raccoon prob and now I get it.)
    @stephanie123456 i had computer probs for a few weeks, that I thought at first were internet probs, in like october? it was the worst. i wish you a shorter cycle of internet/computer related probs.
    @kiki047 soooo glad you found what I hope is a working solution to deal w/ yr bro's need to give his opinion where it's not needed. i def. enjoyed parts of my wedding planning, and i hope you can too!
    @jennifer_louise as an uncompromising optimist, i support your semi-unclear cheeriness. 
    @galentine FAIR to still be grumpy about yr cycle's wonkiness--at least you're aware, though, of why it might be. doesn't make the fact that it's being weird any better though.
    @inthewoods23 i hope all the new stuff you're doing is going well--& i think it's great that you are trusting the RN's advice. i hope it feels nice to put part of it in someone else's hands.

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK (about to get to a day where I actually get to experience the joys of using these, according to the chart in the instructions! and by "about to" I mean... in a few days.) RLT, FF

R/R: both combined: Dec. seems to be going both very slow & very fast at the same time, which i don't like. i neeeed to get stuff done--i got the stuff done yesterday I said I would! here's to hoping today is more productive, though, since i need to moreso be.

CS/Q: i'm like a puppy w/ a new toy, so...
    no question, just words: I started temping vaginally today & looked around at some of the uploaded charts to FF dot com & that made me feel better. TCOYF was definitely something I'm glad I read, but for as much as she talks about how everyone's cycles are different, she made it seem like temping was THE solution to knowing everything about fertility--as long as your temps looked a certain way. I wish the book had more specifics on how women feel the first few months of doing it, of trying to discover their own normal/routine/etc. anyway, I'm gonna explore the FF website section on temping since it's more comprehensive in some ways than the book. (but don't worry, I'm also gonna get that work done I said I was gonna get done--)

• Options

@galentine – that sounds frustrating – I always seem to get EWCM like a week late, which is so confusing. I’m glad your husband is being helpful around the house – I have no idea how women without unsupportive spouses do it!

@jennifer_louise by holiday cheer do you mean sangria? ;)

@elle-0409 wow when I read that I was like, why does she store her cookies under her house? And then, how did a raccoon get IN her house? Pretty cute J

@kagesstarshroom – I am having one of those hectic fast days too. And keep getting distracted by the news…

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: HIO, Temp via FF, OPKs (ordered!), Vitex (ordered)

R/R: We ran out of sangria at work today. Which is a good thing because my mother is arriving in the next few hours. I am going to try to get her to help me reupholster my dining room chairs (I don’t know what I was thinking buying chairs with ivory seat cushions!

CS/Q: Has anyone tried the Ava bracelet? Since I get anxiety with temping my friend suggested it but it’s like $300. I just bought an Apple Watch so springing another 300 on another arm circling object seems obscene, but if it helps with anxiety it might be worth it since apparently this is going to be a long process. On the other hand, Murphy’s law, amiright?

Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @inthewoods23 Yay for the last day of work! I feel like that's sort of a pickle for your IUI, I know that it is supposed to take the guesswork out since they do it for you... but I'm a crazy person so I would still be taking OPKs and my BBT (again, because I'm that person). So if it eases your mind, then definitely still do it. 

@galentine That is quite the conundrum. I haven't really experienced this so not too sure. I would definitely be a little grumpy.

@jennifer_louise Glad that you're having a holly jolly week!! I'm also team WTO for happiness, TWW just turns me into a ball of anxiety.

@elle-0409 OMG that is too cute! 

@kiki047 So glad that you were able to talk to someone about the drama with your brother. And keeping my FX for you, sounds like everything is going well!!

@kagesstarshroom Agreed about December... can't believe it's the 12th. And yay for knowledge, temping is both exciting (you sort of know more about your cycle) and terrifying (trying to pinpoint O). 

@leksiL Wish that Ava had a lower pricetag... $300 is definitely steep.And sangria at work??? COUNT ME IN!! 

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @kiki047 I get drowsy after but never light headed. Did you eat beforehand? The sheets at my doc's office say if you don't eat you cold become lightheaded to it might be more common than we realize. Also, any update on the mass on your ovary?
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise, your comment about being shamelessly cheerful made me smile. No shame here :smile:
    @elle-0409, man the raccoon problem sounds AWFUL, hope you get that straightened out ;)
    @kiki047, I hope you enjoyed putting up your Christmas lights! I have a Christmas light obsession, they make me so joyful.
    @stephanie123456, uggh I hate when shipping changes delay your items to the point that their no longer useful. I always feel annoyed that I've wasted money. I hope your new Christmas sweaters are even better than the delayed ones!
    @kagesstarshroom, enjoy peeing on those OPKs (in a few days!) LOL
    @leksiL, I don't know where you work, but if you have sangria, sign me up!

Ummmm why is WTO so lonely today? Hopefully we all get outta here too, and soon!
  • Options
    @galentine right? I noticed how slow it is in this thread! Everybody's in the TWW today!!
  • Options
    @galentine @jennifer_louise maybe if people would stop graduating!! JK, we want everybody to graduate!

@stephanie123456 I had no idea the Ava bracelet was that expensive! Yeesh! But the test on the Ava website said I'd be KU in 6 months but here I am at 18 months... I don't think it was close for anybody  :D

@kiki047 I'm still debating if I should still temp or use OPKs. I have so many tests in my bathroom cabinet and the thermometer takes ages to beep. I would be interested to see how things change this cycle frol the others too.

@kagesstarshroom I want the month to go fast so we can get the IUI done, but I also want it to go slow because I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause