March 2019 Moms

Bedrest/hospital stay/nicu thread

Re: Bedrest/hospital stay/nicu thread

• Wow, welcome Baby Boy Bloom, and congratulations to you @Lbloom! Praying for both your continued recovery and a short and uncomplicated NICU stay for Baby Bloom - what a strong little fighter he is! ❤️❤️
  • Congratulations!  He's such a great size for 29 weeks! I'm a mom of a former 30 weeker.  The NICU can be quite the emotional roller coaster.    I will pray for an uneventful NICU stay.  I'm in a facebook group called Preemie Moms.  If you're on FB, it's a great support group if you want to join!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations @lbloom!  As others have said, I’m so glad you were in the hospital when everything happened. Hoping for an uncomplicated, relatively short NICU stay for your son. 
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • congratulations! So glad that he is doing well so far. He is a nice size for sure so hopefully that helps in the long run! Will definitely keep you all lifted in prayer and happy that you were already admitted so the best could be done ASAP. Much love to you! Keep us updated! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy.  He (and you) will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope for an uneventful nicu stay.

• Congratulations on baby boy! Thinking of you both as you go through the next few months!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats on baby boy!! Thinking of you both on your new journey. 
  • We have a baby! Congratulations and welcome to the world, little boy Bloom. 
  • Congratulations!  Wishing you and baby boy Bloom very happy holidays, happy recovery, and happy GROWING! 
  • Congratulations! I’m amazed he is already 4 pounds! Please continue to keep us updated on him! 
  • Congratulations! I hope everything has been going well.
  • laur84nslaur84ns member
    edited December 2018
    Congratulations on your little boy! Wow, 4lbs at 29 weeks - I'm sure he is absolutely tiny but that does seem like a good size for his gestation. He was trying to fatten up in there so he could come out early :smile: I hope he has a very uneventful NICU stay. Don't forget to take care of yourself, mama! Will keep you and baby boy Bloom in my thoughts!
  • Thank you for sharing this update. I'm glad to hear you guys are in good hands, and you sound like a couple of tough cookies! Wishing you a fast and uneventful stay  <3
  • I had my daughter at 29w4d because she stopped growing. She was 1lb14oz and is now almost 4! Happy healthy girl. Prayers and hugs for you mama. NICU stays are tough but you are a good length along and it gets better every single day! Good luck. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • Aw welcome to the world baby boy! Congratulations momma. Nothing but prayers & comfort headed your way! Sounds like you have a strong fighter on your hands
  • @Lbloom It's incredible that he needs no oxygen support as a 29 weeker! My 34 weeker was on CPAP for 5 days. The waiting game must be really tough. I've also found in my own experience that neonatologists tend to talk a lot about the worst case scenario, which can be super stressful. 

Hoping you can rest and take care of yourself. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Thinking of you guys often!
  • @Lbloom is sounds like little Sean is doing really well and I hope he continues in that trajectory so you can bring him home soon.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @Lbloom so glad to hear little Sean is doing so well! Will keep you guys in my prayers that he keeps growing strong and healthy! Thanks for updating us, hope your recovery is going well, too. 
  • @Lbloom thanks for the update on you and the little fighter! He is doing so well! i know some people are not religious, so i apologize if i overstep but this makes me so happy and say GOD is GOOD! i will keep you guys in my thoughts, keep it up Mom, you did a great job getting him this far <3
  • Congratulations!  I can imagine how unbelievably stressful this has all been for you.  Tons of thoughts and prayers your way!
  • I dislike being such a "special snowflake". Earlier in the year (before I was pregnant) I had recurring UTI'S which I've only had a few in my life to that point. After a CT scan it was discovered I also have a "horse shoe" shaped kidney. I've had it since about week 7 of life in the womb. Instead of two separate ones, I have two that are fused together in the middle around my spine. It's weird to find out all these unique things about your physiology 36 years down the road.  :o
  • @Lbloom that’s interesting that they were able to figure all that out! And while it’s sad to think you might be passing down a potentially difficult pregnancy, at least they will have the knowledge of your experience to go with it. I’m glad to hear that Sean is doing so well and good for you, that’s gotta be a lot of pumping!
  • @Lbloom so glad to hear he’s doing so well! And definitely helpful to know all of that. Like Meggyme said, while it’s hard knowing your children could have similarly difficult pregnancies, at least they’ll know in advance what issues they may face and hopefully medicine will have advanced enough to help offset some of the potential complications. Keeping you guys in my prayers!
  • @Lbloom glad you got some answers and it sounds like baby Bloom is a truly amazing little man!
  • @meggyme you said it! 2-3 hours around the clock. It's a full time job and add in trying to manage it all around his care schedule, finding time to eat, driving to and from home every day to be with my other kids. I'm barely keeping up! 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited December 2018
    Well you're doing great mama! How is your recovery going @Lbloom?
  • @Lbloom It’s nice that you have some answers to your pregnancy challenges. And you’re right, who knows how far OB will come along years from now. So happy to hear your LO is doing so well.  :)
  • @Lbloom Baby boy bloom is a champ!
  • Answers are good, I’m glad they were able to finally find a cause!!!

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Congratulations on the baby boy! Glad you know what was going on. Prayers for continued growth 
  • @Lbloom would make an adorable going home outfit.
  • @Lbloom your boy is growing like a champ! And that would be super adorable to bring him home in!
  • @Lbloom just to echo what other said I’m so thankful you found answers! And also that your little guy is doing so well!