Infertility

December IUI

Re: December IUI

• @inthewoods23 hi there! It’s been an eventful few days. Keeping myself distracted while babysitting these past few days. I have my blood test the 20th. 

Trying to to focus on signs my body gives off. But not certain what’s what. Felt some odd cramping but trying not to make it an Issue or bigger than it is. Could be IUI cramping side effects or implantation. Fingers crossed! 
  • @inthewoods23 Most clinics have policies that allow for transfer of bw results for infectious diseases if it is still within a year since the last test. If you haven't had those tests since July of 2017, chances are, you'll need to do them again for IUI. For hormones, that depends if your previous Doctor tested FSH, LH, Progesterone, and Estradiol on the correct days of a cycle. AMH will be at your RE's discretion too depending on when that was last checked, etc. Hope this helps. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 for my cycle the baseline testing was HCG, estrogen and progesterone.  Thanks for asking how I'm feeling!  I'm feeling pretty normal just a little more tired but I expected that considering all the injections I had and the trigger and now the prometrium.
    @chichiphin I posted in TTGP but I am sorry your IUI got cancelled.

Does anyone's RE do betas for IUI?  Mine doesn't they just said do a HPT 15dpiui and call with the results.  Right now I'm just testing out the trigger.  It's been 6 days since my trigger and last time I think it took 7 or 8 days so I'm getting close.  Wednesday will make 7dpiui so I'm not trying to read into anything until then but it's hard!

How's everyone else holding up?
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire I believe mine does for IUIs. She said I can do a HPT if I want but there's no point really. If an IUI is successful, I still want the experience of seeing a BFP at home with my own eyes  :D
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I asked the nurse today and she said the blood work each time is estrogen, progesterone & lh. & hahaha to that!
  • Type your comment@inthewoods23 also I did genera and injections this month & oh  wow how they grew so fast, I have 2 @ 18 on day 11! With clomid I was above 29 days before ovulating. 
  • @ispi I asked when I made my appointment and I believe she said they'll test estradiol, FSH, and I think LH. Maybe progesterone too though? Not sure. They'll also do Vit D because they forgot to test that last time. Then US and will get my prescription filled for the letrozole. I think at the same time they submit the order for the trigger shot and progesterone. Doing this all bright and early tomorrow AM so yay... (sarcasm) lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 it’s always so fun in the morning. Best of luck ! I’ll be for iui tomorrow morning! 
  • Thanks @ispi

Appointment was good. US is normal and no cysts! Gonna start letrozole tonight for 5 days, then midcycle US on the 20th. Might be screwed if O is close to Christmas but we'll worry about it once we get there.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @crookshanks10 is your ivf covered? 
  • Do your RE tell you the post wash for every IUI. On my first one in October they said they don’t count it as when they wash for iui and for the SA are a different process. So I’ve never had a post wash count before my iui. 

I have my iui tomorrow triggered last night. Today my CM is prime and I’m fighting the urge to BD as I’m telling myself that the mucus change is from the trigger and not because I’m actually ovulating today. This is our 3rd and final iui so I’m trying to not mess any thing up. 
  • crookshanks10crookshanks10 member
    edited December 2018
    @ispi Unfortunately nothing fertility related is covered for me.
    @mooret1118 My clinic always tells us the post wash count and morphology percentage. They also upload the full analysis at a later date to my portal. Not that I know what most of it means! Haha. FX for you!
  • Hi guys! I had my first IUI December 5th on CD12. We have a diagnosis of unexplained infertility- at least I think so, Kaiser can be so vague but my understanding is all our tests have been ok. I did 100mg of clomid cd3-7. I have tested out the hcg trigger as of today, 6dpiui....now I wait! 
  • bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited December 2018
    Hi @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67
    you and I have about the same details except my IUI took place on 12/6 CD14 took clomid CD5-9. 
    Same diagnosis, but this is our 2nd IUI cycle. Best of luck to you! 

@crookshanks10. Thanks, thatsbwhat im hoping for! The eagerness caused me to buy several HPT. Ahhh! 
  • Ya! Our dates are super close. What day do you think you’ll test? Or are you waiting for a blood test?
    edited December 2018
    @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67 as per my RE, I go back to do the blood test on the 20th and get my results that afternoon. What about you? 

But I also have a three pack HPT at home, lol. Too eager to wait on bloodwork. I’m going to hold off until early next week. 
  • @mooret1118 good luck with your IUI! @bmaty0214 good luck with the wait! @crookshanks10 we have partial coverage, but not for IVF. We starting to look into how e can afford it.

I had my IUI today, 2 follies. DH has over 90 million with 69% motility, so that's good! But he is always good, I'm the problem!

• @ispi Best of luck to you! Now for the 2WW  :#
  • @ispi Thanks. You too! I leave to go there in about an hour. My husband just left the office. I’m hoping this is the month! 
  • @mooret1118 Positive vibes your way!! 
  • They told me to test at 2 weeks past the iui. I am trying to hold out until missed period butttt I know I’m going to test the 18th. The wait is so hard! My RE said no aerobic exercise, which is usually my go to in order to de stress. Finding other ways to distract myself but then I end up googling “iui success stories” loll
    edited December 2018
    @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67   What don’t I google? Lol 

I know what you mean about the exercise, my thing is running. So when anxiety hits I stuff my face. Last IUI cycle which was this past summer I must have gained 5-10lbs from binge eating from the stress. 
  • Oh ya I’m definitely up some lbs since finding out I can’t work out.. the one silver lining of this not working is I can get in a couple work outs while I’m on my period.
    edited December 2018
    @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67 ugh, yes I thought the same. I had an emotional breakdown earlier this morning   :'(
  • @bmaty0214 @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67 I'm just over here like "no working out? Sweet, I'm already doing that!"  :D I know it's so bad to do though. Definitely planning on taking daily walks after I get KU! FX that starts from this cycle!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 LOL! Thanks needed that laugh. Good vibes your way! 
  • I'm surprised your doctors say no working out the entire 2ww!! Id go crazy. I only have to take off the day of IUI, and then I usually do the day after too.
  • My RE didn't say anything about not working out during the TWW.  I even asked if I should stop or change my workouts at all.  She said take it easy the first day and the next but then resume normal activities.  I did make a few changes like decreasing the intensity of my cardio and I cut out all my core work. The only real restrictions I had are no hot tubs or saunas or anything else that is going to significantly raise your temperature.  On the way home MH wouldn't even let me turn on my heated seat!

Good luck to everyone who is in their TWW and to everyone that is getting close to IUI day!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @celticknotfire no heated seat? That's the worst in this cold weather  :'(
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
    edited December 2018
    @celticknotfire @inthewoods23 the heated seats didn’t even cross my mind. I always have it on!   :/
  • Hi Guys! FX to you all wherever you are in your cycles.
    I did my baseline US yesterday and RE saw a cyst. He mentioned its not on the ovary. He doesn’t sounded worried.I panicked and broke down as he informed me.Should I be panicking?Any advice will be truly appreciated.I feel so lost.

This is my last IUI. Previous 2 attempts have drained me emotionally:(. Never thought conceiving would be so hard.
  • Kaiser gave me a sheet that said no aerobic activity other than walking for two weeks after IUI. I don’t know if it’s because your ovaries swell with the Clomid or what? They haven’t really given me any other restrictions other than no aspirin or Advil on the day of the trigger..
  • @pegs007 I have had a cyst since August and they haven’t been concerned. As long as it’s not producing estrogen and measures under 20 they said we are fine to proceed. 
  • @mooret1118 - Its around 12mm, but I don't know about the estrogen bit. Is there a blood work to check that?
  • Hope everyone’s hanging in there! I know a lot of us are coming to the end of the 2ww.. fingers crossed for everyone! Holding out on testing is the hardest part.
  • I’m out for this round! Those of you who worked out during your iui cycle what kinds of workouts did you do? I’m thinking of readjusting next cycle-limiting and obsessing is too stressful 
  • @knottie I usually just stick to lighter cardio like on the elliptical, and not do heavy lifting.
  • @knottie3bab2fc6b9836a67 Hi there!!! Did you test already? 
  • So I tested on Saturday which was 10dpiu..

It was positive but wasn't very dark.  I've continued to test every day since that (just a bit obsessive) and the line isn't really getting darker.  I'm cautiously optimistic right now but really worried about a CP

TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC