TTC After a Loss

December WTO

Re: December WTO

• I hate the slow rise months. I want a dramatic undeniable spike damnit! Lol
  • @prpl11butterfly I had a good spike this morning so hopefully they continue to rise and I can confirm O! 
  • Loading the player...
  • *sigh* Got AF on Saturday at DH's work party. CD 31, and usually my cycle length is 35-37 days. Our 'deadline' for TTCAL was the end of the year, and this was our last cycle, so not certain where this leaves us...

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I'm sorry. I hope that you can come to peace with the decision if it does turn out to be the last leg of the journey.
  • @dpjennifer I’m sorry.   Maybe time for another discussion with DH.  I hope you two can agree on what’s right for both of you and you both find peace with whatever decision that is.   Hugs to you! 
  • Mack2342 Thanks. DH and I have gone to a therapy session or two, so we'll see what happens...  Everything is just a giant question mark at the moment.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I’m sorry, figuring out where to go from here is so hard! I hope you are both able to come to a decision that is best for you both!
  • @dpjennifer I'm so sorry. Its such a hard decision and one we've struggled with as well. I hope you and YH can come to some kind of meeting of the minds.
  • @dpjennifer I’m so sorry that you’ve reached this point. Hope you can reach a decision that is right for both of you together. 
  • @dpjennifer I’m so sorry that you’re at this point :confounded: but hope that you’re able to move forward together and both feel good about your choice 
  • @dpjennifer Wishing you peace and healing as you navigate this journey.  I think continuing with couples therapy is a good idea, even if you decide not to continue TTC.  I’m hopeful you can find a compromise somehow  <3
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • So sorry @dpjennifer. I hope you and your H can come to an agreeable decision. Sending you hugs!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• I’m heading to TWW.  I got a third temp increase so I’m going with it.   
  • @dpjennifer Also wishing you some peace and good dialogue between you and your H at this point of the journey. 
  • CD 2 over here, but happy about it because we are benched for 2 cycles post-surgery so bring on the AFs! Poor DH just got back from a trip and was definitely ready for some intimacy and I had just started AF. Because of surgery/recovery, there have been limited times for intimacy this month and he essentially missed that time while he was on vacation. He was like, "Have you just been bleeding, non-stop, all month?!" Poor guy.  :D
  • Thanks all, yeah the therapy (both individual for me, and also together) will continue as we try to figure out life at this time...

minnek8  And lol... crazy how clueless men can be sometimes about how our bodies work!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer Whatever decision you take will be ok as long as you support each other. I wish the best for you and YH.
  • @dpjennifer hope that whichever decision you both come to gives you peace

I'm finally CD2 coming off of a 44 day cycle.... @prpl11butterfly you were right! My usual is 33/max35 so I'm happy to have at least started a new one. I'm going to start temping this cycle for the first time since I'm at a loss for when/if I will actually O.  
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I'm glad to hear that cycle is behind you. 
  • I think I go here now. My temps are falling and are almost back to my normal FP temps. Although, I still have HCG in my system so I'm going to test every 4 days or so to see when that is gone. So now I'm just waiting for my next O so I can get AF and move on to a cycle where we can start trying again. 
  • Well I’m back AF arrived this morning 
  • I’m back too. My tests never darkened beyond a vvfl and AF started up late last night. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Oh no, I'm so sorry @zuuls_mom. So many hugs to you. <3
  • @zuuls_mom I'm sorry

@Mack2342 boo. I was hoping for you....
  • No!  I’m so sorry @zuuls_mom and @Mack2342.  Thinking of both of you today.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • DH turns 43 in a few days, I can't help but feel that damn alarm clock buzzing as every month passes
  • @40momma I hear ya.  DH will be 44 on the 21st and then I turn 44 in May.  However, if I reach my bday and not pregnant then I’m done.   It’s been one year since my last loss and no sign of pregnancy since.   I just can’t keep doing this.  I’ve tried not to put dates on TTC but at some point I just have to realize it’s not happening 
  • *Lurking from “benched waiting for AF and testing”. Don’t really have a “place” so hoping it’s OK if I just lurk and pop in for comments in these WTO and TWW for now.*

@mack2342 @zuuls_mom sorry to hear of your news, big hugs

@mack2342 @40momma I’m right there with you on feeling the TTC pressure. When we started this journey at 40 I was so oblivious to all the things that could happen. I just turned 43, DH is 45 and while we are incredibly blessed to have one tested embryo we pray to god works, I am also terrified of what happens if it doesn’t and that potentially being the end of our TTC chapter.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday season. Here’s to good news in 2019 all around!
  • @Mack2342 it's so stressful fighting the clock. And unfair. I'm crossing my fingers hard that you get pg before May
  • @mackorori hopefully your one good embryo is it! The time clock is unfair @40momma
  • I took another test this morning and it is just as dark as the one I took on the 22nd. Can you even ovulate with HCG in your system? Tempdrop has given me 2 high temps now and I'm anxious to see what happens to my temps tomorrow. Tempdrop may adjust those 2 temps down or I could get another high temp. I only have 5 low temps though because my earlier temps were still high from being pregnant. Ugh, I'm just anxious for this cycle to end so I can feel like I know what is happening with my body. 

Question: does anyone know what the open circles mean on FF? I usually use kindara for charting but since I am trying to be active on the TTC TB community I'm also charting with FF. I just don't know what everything means. 

Questions about TTC board.....

Since they do daily WTO and TWW threads, do you participate in them daily or stick to the one you posted in first? I'm so confused. 
  • @emeraldcity603 Open circles means hour temp might not be reliable. This could happen if you're not temping close to the same time every day or if you were drinking the night before.

I'm waiting for CD 1 to start any day - I've had spotting but that's it. I also had a super dark positve test like a week ago and FF shows a beautiful temp rise around that time. My resting heart rates on the other hand, has not increased like it normally would. You can ovulate if the hcg isow enough, but annovulatory cycles are common after a MC too. So basically, I have no idea.😂

As for the dailies, you can do them daily. The dpo might get a little redundant (and makes the TWW feel soooo long), but it's a good way to get to know people.
  • @emeraldcity603 I don’t know the answer to all your questions but as for the positive opks the tests can also be ‘positive’ because of the hcg - are you still turning frers positive? 
  • @ruby696 and @justarius sorry, I should have mentioned that I am testing with HCG tests and not OPKs. I just want to see how much HCG is still in my system. I tried to use OPKs one cycle but I never actually got a positive. I'm pretty sure I missed my surge bc my temps confirmed ovulation. 

Good to know about the open circles. Since I use Tempdrop I need to just disregard them. 
  • @emeraldcity603 I did some research about ovulating with HCG in your system, because I had HCG in my system for months.  It sounds like women do not ovulate unless it's very low, most often like 5 and under.  I have no way of being sure, but I am pretty confident I was not ovulating when I still had a line on my tests. 
  • @emeraldcity603 I had a positive OPK and then realized it was probably hcg. Took an hpt and yep, dark positive. I've *heard* you can ovulate if your hcg is below 20, but I'm not sure if true.
  • Well, I have a ton of very fertile CM (sorry TMI) so we will see what the next few days bring. Since I am having a ton of CM, I will likely see a shift tomorrow or the next day which hopefully will be confirmed within a few days (Tempdrop retroactively changes past temps to filter out sleep disturbances, etc. So I have to wait until the temps stop changing). I'm feeling so hopeful there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I just need this cycle to end.