Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Any hope?

Last night started spotting pink and dtd with husband, then started bleeding bright red this morning. Freaked and called the doctor, who sent me for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I’m supposed to be five weeks today. Ultrasound tech said there may or may not be anything to see this early and my results came back the same. After ultrasound, passed some tiny clots. Doctor thinks miscarriage. She wants me to have blood every 2-3 days to check if my levels are dropping. Didn’t get the results of today’s back yet. However, my bleeding finally slowed down. Is this normal for a miscarriage or is there still hope?

Edited to add hcg came back at 24.3. 

Re: Any hope?

• Options
    dpjenniferdpjennifer member
    edited December 2018
    Some women spot throughout their entire PG and go on to have a healthy living child. I'm not one of those women. 

They will tell you that the most important thing about hcg is that it doubles every 48 hours. I will tell you that if you were temping and are ABSOLUTELY positive that you were supposed to be 5 weeks exactly yesterday, that an hcg level of 24.3 is exceptionally low for that time period and does not look good. If you are only guessing you're around 5 weeks based upon when you DTD/cycle dates, you may have more hope. Unfortunately, you can't really do anything but wait for the next beta number...

Sorry.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    I have had 2 successful pregnancies with an initial beta quant at less than 25 at 5 weeks. Please go by the doubling trend and not by a single quant, as level vary widely woman by woman.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. My gp is sending me today to see an obgyn and I’ll be getting the next blood draw as well. 
  • Options
    Good luck to you!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    good luck, hope you have positive news!