Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 12/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Monday 12/10

• Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited December 2018
    Am I the first one here today...?

I hope it's ok I started the daily threads! I'm new, so hoping I'm not stepping on toes!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, monitoring CM, HIO EODish

R/R: Rave - this weekend my H and I did a ton of shopping for a family we adopted for Christmas. H and I then spent a marathon day Sunday wrapping all the gifts while watching Christmas movies. It was so much fun!
    Rant - I'm getting kind of antsy about when I'll O. I'm ready to get this show on the road. But then again, if I O today or tomorrow, then AF will be due Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, and I'd really like to avoid that if at all possible. Ahhh conflicting feelings.

CS/Q: nope

(I edited out some additional info about our adopted family - sorry to DD, but I realized after I posted it wasn't pertinent info and didn't want to break the rules or ruin anyone's day)
  • Options
    Hey @galentine! I think it's okay to start threads although it's still a mystery to me! Btw my AF is probably coming on Christmas or they day after too.. Depressing on the holidays for sure! 

Month/cycle: 7

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: SMEP (starting on Day 7 instead of 8 cuz we're rebels like that), OPKs starting tonight.

R/R: not today

CS/Q: YES MAJORLY BUT THIS IS TMI SO IT'S GOING IN A BOX 
    So I started with Softcups after HIO last night, and I CANNOT get it out this morning. Now, this is not my first rodeo, I've used them for AF many times (and DivaCup and LunaCup) but obvi never like this. It feels either 1) stuck on my cervix or 2) suctioned in by all the, ummm, sticky stuff in there. I've tried all the tips on the internet! What now? Call my doctor? How do I explain why I have it in when it's not my period?? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise, oh my!! I have never used one, so I have no advice. If the internet solutions aren't working, I'd probably call the doctor. I wouldn't worry too much about explaining, I'm SURE they've seen much worse.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise - I haven't ever used softcups, but I had a friend get one stuck before. Idk if you've tried this already, but the only way she got it out was by "bearing down." Basically like giving birth, or pooping. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 @galentine @elle-0409 thanks ladies! I'm gonna relax a bit and give it at least one more college try but then call the doctor. The awkward thing is that I'm supposed to be in an all day meeting, could be a weird day.

@elle-0409 I O'd on day 13 last cycle which is a bit early for me too. But my fertile CM usually lasts several days, does yours? 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise Yikes! GL in your meeting. Also, that's good to hear about your O date. My fertile CM does last several days, but I just *ahem* investigated and it really is more sticky at this point, so I need to calm the eff down. :D
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    I basically have done no actual Christmas shopping yet  :#

@jennifer_louise hope you get it out okay!

Month/Cycle: 18/17

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: IUI #1 this month with letrozole, trigger, progesterone, PNV, Vit D

R/R: well, I'm glad I didn't waste a HPT over the weekend. I still think Flo had a more accurate O date than FF. Flo has given me the same LP +/- a day sometimes but with FF my LP this last cycle was like 15 days and that's well above normal. The first time I had done BBT it said that cycle had a 9 day LP so I don't have a lot of confidence with FF right now.

CS/Q: nothing exciting to report yet
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @galentine Glad you had a nice weekend and got all the wrapping done! It’s really nice about your adopted family.

@jennifer_louise GL! I’d probably call the doc if you can’t get it out. 

@elle-0409 Your cookies look fantastic! I love the creativity. I O’d last month CD13 after +OPK on CD11. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: AVA, SMEP, OPK, CM

R/R: Got a hasbrown casserole in the oven. I’m off to a Christmas brunch this morning with some girlfriends so it should be a fun time! Had a fun day yesterday too painting pottery and seeing Christmas lights.

CS/Q: my period seems really light again.. I’ve read that red raspberry leaf tea can thicken the uterine lining, anyone have any knowledge to share or have tried this? I just came off BCP in September, so maybe my body still needs more time.
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    *lurky loo*

@inthewoods23, @misshelen86 I’m so sorry to see you in WTO. 😢

@jennifer_louise Good luck!! 😬
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom lmao!! Yes the other app that I used first and still use for comparison is the Flo app. Has a very nice interface!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! My update: I got it out! I'm thinking now that I was just trying to get it out too soon after getting out of bed, maybe walking around and stuff helped. Or, bagel + cream cheese. It was one of those things.

@kiki047 we'll be hoping and praying with you!! 

@stephanie123456 I'm glad you got some sister time this weekend! My sister (definitely not a twin, she's 10 years older) always makes things better for me. 

@kagesstarshroom temps are always a mystery to me too. I always take the more normal reading, but I could also be tainting my data by doing that

• Options
    @jennifer_louise, so glad you got it out!! 
    @elle-0409, we watched White Christmas and Elf. We own allllll the Christmas movies and watch them all multiple times each season. Christmas movies are the best! Sorry you didn't care for Four Christmases, that one is kind of odd.
    @inthewoods23 and @misshelen86 sorry you are both back here :(
    @kiki047, I was not on TB Friday, but I read your update and wanted to send you all my positive vibes. I'm glad you are feeling better about things today.
    @stephanie123456, FW while DH is recovering from surgery could be interesting. Hope you can make it work!
    @kagesstarshroom, what is RLT? I feel like I'm missing something, haha
  • Options
    @galentine red raspberry leaf tea =)
  • Options
    @galentine red raspberry leaf tea =)
    Ah ok, thanks! What is the tea supposed to do/how do you use it for TTC?
  • Options
    @galentine it's supposed to help build the uterine lining and is high in iron. more here. i'm going for it since i generally have had fairly weak periods. also: i love tea. also: [ tw: loss ]
    also: i had a CP in early Oct., and anything I can do that might help that blastocyst attach if we can manage to make another, I am going to try, bc o wow was that painful, both physically & emotionally.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom, thanks for the info.

I'm so sorry for your loss. <3 I recently had a CP as well, last cycle, and I definitely feel you on how awful an experience that is. If RLT could possibly help avoid another, I'll have to look into it.
  • Options
    TMI ahead - Speaking of periods, I know clots can be common, but how much is too much? I think I've read in a few places that can make getting pregnant difficult. Any idea if that's true?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 FX for your IUI this month!

@kiki047 FX you get a good egg! That sucks you’re all bruised. Hope you have fun at the event!

@stephanie123456 What a horrible time for YH to have surgery! Is it a scope or a more major surgery? Hoping he has a quick recovery. I just make the copycat Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole on Pinterest (but I added bacon). Cheese is life!!

@kagesstarshroom We are so making RLT happen! Hope you are able to get the rest of your to-do list done. I don’t know the answer to your temp question, but I feel like I’d lean towards the initial reading when you first woke up unless it was super off. Your temp could still be dropping since you’re only CD4? But yes I do remember reading somewhere that environmental temp can affect your BBT. Thanks for the info about RLT!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    @inthewoods23 So sorry for CD2, but it's exciting that you are going ahead with your first IUI! FX!
    @misshelen86 How did your casserole turn out? It sounds heavenly!
    @kiki047 Sorry about the bruises on your arms, that sounds awful. FX that you O soon!!
    @stephanie123456 Oh my gosh, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps is the drink I never knew I needed. I love adding Bailey's to hot chocolate, but the peppermint is so festive!
    @kagesstarshroom I wish I had an answer for you re: temping, but I fudge my numbers sometimes based off of travel/time zone/early morning alarms so last month's chart is more like a piece of modern art than an accurate log of my body's temperature.
    @jenifer_louise Yay! I bet it was definitely the bagel and cream cheese that solved the issue.
    @galentine I love those films! I know it's embarrassing, but I have a soft spot for The Holiday.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    thankssss to all who offered advice/solidarity re: temping! i appreciate you all. here's to you, @elle-0409, @misshelen86, & @jennifer_louise. <3

@inthewoods23: when DH & I were NTNP, AF was mega clotty for some reason. this doesn't answer your question at all though, but I remember noticing it, thinking it was weird/new but being like "well, we're not using condoms anymore sooo--" so hm.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom loving that gif!! And glad you had fun with a little drink too ❤️

@jennifer_louise my twin sister definitely doesn’t always make it better. She’s very competitive so it’s a a tough relationship sometimes. 

@galentine lol you should hear some of DH’s ideas for DTD while his knee is recovering 🤦🏼‍♀️

@misshelen86 it’s orthoscopic so not too major. But he’s a big baby so he’ll definitely be having a rough Xmas. Is it totally selfish of me to be worrying about getting our BD on during the FW?
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @stephanie123456 no, not selfish! I’d totally be worried about the same thing. I can only imagine what YH is envisioning to get creative with BD while he’s supposed to be recovering, and unfortunately my ideas are not really going to be super sexy lol. You probably just have to play it by ear and see how he’s feeling. I believe it’s totally do-able though. Don’t stress! Also, so super cool you have a twin! But my younger brother drives me crazy enough and we’re 3.5yrs apart, I can imagine life with a competitive twin sister has its own challenges. 
    @galentine thank you for the good vibes. <3 
    @jennifer_louise whew, glad you were able to get it out! 
    @misshelen86 ahh I’m so nervous about my follies. And thanks, the event was good! Got to catch up with some old friends and the food was amazing. Enjoyed a very nice glass of wine too. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23