Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: Symptoms Week of 12/10

• Does anyone have any tricks to make my fridge not smell gag worthy? I am (THANKFULLY!) not regularly nauseous anymore, but I'm still pretty sensitive to smells, and every time I open my fridge I almost throw up. I'm getting really sick of it. I have cleaned it out 3 plus times now, and there is nothing in there causing the smell, its just the fridge. My husband doesn't smell it. Idk if there is some sort of fridge freshening device or trick I can use to mask it?? I'm just really tired of feeling fine and then almost throwing up all over my floor just because I or someone else opened the fridge (our LR and kitchen are on top of each other, and the smell can flow into the LR really easily if its left open.) The smell is also invading the things in the fridge, so like if I have a pizza box in there, the box smells that way too, and I'm back at the same problem even after I shut the door. I also can't put my fresh fruit (like apples) in there because the skin picks up the smell and then I can't eat it. I honestly would replace the stupid thing at this point, I'm that frustrated, but I'm in an apartment and it isn't mine to replace. Somehow I don't think my landlord is going to go for "I'm pregnant and your fridge stinks."

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. Occasional headaches and some wicked RLP and general achiness, especially after waking up. I had the same thing the first time, although I think its worse this time. I'm kind of shocked at how good I feel honestly. I hope this pregnancy continues to be easier than my first one. 

To all you ladies still suffering, I hope it gets better soon!! I've been there and know how exhausting and frustrating it is to be in the second tri and still not feel better. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • The cheapest and best option especially if you are sensitive to smells (pleasant or not) is open a box of baking soda and keep it in there. It absorbs the smells. Pitch it when it stops working and get a new one. Usually they are good for a couple months. It greatly reduces food odors but doesn’t add any weird cover up smell. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Headaches and sinus headaches galore...and the worst dry skin ever no matter how much I lotion it.
    MS still rearing, but usually at night more than all day long. Excessive thirst is hitting and my appetite has slightly increased. RLP and achy abdominals....and I am actually showing some now although it might look like I ate too many donuts at this point lol
  • @tuxielove93 I agree with @Dcwtada on the baking soda. That's what we have in our fridge and I don't ever smell it.

I feel like a broken record, but still dealing with nausea. It's still the worst in the AM right when I wake up and at night after dinner. I've been feeling decent during the day, just tired. I am sooooo ready for that second tri glow/energy 😑
  • @wearyfuzzball yeah, I'm there with you. I really thought that it was going away. I decided to completely stop my Diclegis. The good news, I suppose, is that it was clearly doing something. The bad news, I still need it. But at least it makes my day manageable. When I'm nauseous all-day, first I vomit a few times a day and then I have a hard time keeping things down. It makes me feel so badly that all I can manage to do is lay on the couch. With the Diclegis, I'm able to actually get up and do stuff. I just have an uneasiness feeling in my stomach where I'm not really stoked about eating things, but I will and can. It's also easier to consume enough liquids. I'm striving for that day when I just feel more normal all the time. My next hope is that by 18 weeks it will be all gone. Ha!
  • dumb question does anyone else get pain/cramps after vomiting I've noticed it lately and it worries me a little.

@chssmys 18 weeks 😳😳 idk if I can survive that long. that's still 5 weeks aw
  • and I am officially +1 to the "fart tennis club" lol man the gas is no joke...
  • Erin1510Erin1510 member
    edited December 2018
    @vv826 I don't actually vomit (I think I'm a horse secretly and unable to lol) but I do gag/dry heave. I get crampy after that, after coughing hard, and sometimes after pooping. I think I am growing a lot the last few days as my belly isn't small at any point anymore (I'm 15w4d) and it's just been sore and crampy all day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Erin1510 that makes me feel better, when I throw up its really "violently" for lack of a better word
  • I thought I was starting to get my energy back and then I got a damn cold!!! Ughhhh!!! Stupid daycare. I have noticed that my nails are super strong these days and my hair isn’t falling out like it usually does (thanks prenatals)! I was going to stop my B6/Unisom but chickened out. I’m so hungry! I’m trying to make sure I eat something good whenever I want junk food though for balance. I can fall asleep, but not stay asleep (could be from just working night shift though), I’m sore all over, I get RLP a lot, constipation still there and I’m VERY emotional. I just want this cold to go away fast!
  • @Erin1510 wait....horses can’t/don’t puke??? 
  • Fridge smells: Also agree with baking soda but also add a couple of drops of vanilla or an essential oil. Not sure whether it just covers the offensive odours, but either way it smells better. 

Also dealing with pretty severe acne, particularly on one shoulder and under jaw. I've also started using baking soda for this and seems to be helping dry it out ... baking soda is so versatile!

As for headaches. I'm swearing by the fact that I'm on daily aspirin for PreE. Wondering if it would be bad for someone without High BP to take it? I can actually tell when the aspirin is due because I get a slight headache and also feel a bit weird (I do take BP meds at same time though so could be them). I know it's the aspirin helping with the headaches because before I was pregnant I was still medicated for BP but headaches were fairly frequent. 

Other complaints, mostly just sore muscles (back and abdominal)  and nasal congestion.
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 @Erin1510 they sure don’t! I was part of a barn a few years ago where a horse escaped its stall at night and got into the feed room and had himself a time. We had to call the vet to give him laxatives and fluids. They don’t have the same gag reflexes to be able to vomit. 
  • Anyone else noticing their facial hair getting thicker?! (I do have pcos so that might be why 😩) 

I was joking with my husband this morning saying maybe my pregnancy facial hair will grow long enough to cover up my pregnancy acne lol 
  • @chrssyms I am so hoping you start to feel better soon. You will be my light at the end of this horrible tunnel!
  • @mamahazey for me it’s bellybutton and nipple hair! Also my leg/armpit hair is growing so fast!
  • @Erin1510 wait....horses can’t/don’t puke??? 
    Nope! They way their esophagus connects to their stomach and their overall anatomy creates too much pressure closing their sphincter that they can't vomit. If they are bloated to the point where vomiting would happen in other animals it actually closes the "flap" even harder and not enough back pressure can be created to allow for it to happen. Luckily for horses they also have a decreased gag reflex sensitivity in their brain so they don't have that urge happening as often. Unfortunately for me, I don't have that haha brain makeup. I still gag...just nothing happens. If a horse does actually have something come back out it because it's in their esophagus still or they're dead  :#:#
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Lately, I’ve been feeling nauseous AND hungry which is really not cool.

@erin1510 I'm fascinated by this horse fact. Thank you.

• amaren-2amaren-2 member
    edited December 2018
    Headache for days.

And a got another cold. I took Mucinex (my Dr said it was safe) and it is making me feel so loopy.  

Honestly Im not sure if it is pregnancy related of sickness. I know stuffy noses are common at this point in pregnancy and so is headaches, but I'm just so annoyed and worn down by it all.
  • @vv826 @wearyfuzzball I’m really hoping it’s not 18 weeks. But if I would have asked myself back at 6 weeks could I imagine making it to 15 week feeling this way I would have told you to get the f&$# outta here! So if it’s three more weeks, I think I can do it. What choice do I really have? I have my good days and I have my shitty ones. I’m hoping for my sake I can be a beacon of hope for you ladies a couple weeks behind me. Ultimately I hope at least someone gets outta this. @luckystar28 definitely seems to win the award for worst MS, so I’m really hoping her’s gets at least a bit better! I felt kinda crappy tonight. And today I was falling asleep at my desk. I just sat there with my eyes closed shaking my mouse so my monitor wouldn’t turn to screensaver hahaha. Terrible 😬
  • @chrssyms I've had days were I'm like I just cant keep going like this and yet here I am 😂. I may not like it but I'll make it.
    Agreed @luckystar28 you definitely have it the worst and deserve the easiest next 2 trimesters. I hope your cold is getting better. 
  • Yeah, @luckystar28 you do deserve the easiest next two trimesters.

Last night was so bad for me that I gave up around 7 and wanted to do nothing but sleep. I had nausea, a cold, and a headache all at once. It was too much. 

Also, my body must think it’s fun to punish me for insomnia, because if I’m ever up before 8am for longer than 30 minutes, I can pretty much guarantee I’ll throw up at least once.
  • @chrssyms you are totally right, if you asked me at week 6 if I would make it to almost week 13 feeling like this, I would have smacked you 😂 I feel like it's what we discussed earlier, we are better at coping now, though that does not make every day easier. 

And I agree with all of the sentiments about giving @luckystar28 the easiest (remaining) 2nd tri and 3rd tri! Thinking of you girl! ❤🤞
  • @kjr9519 i have the same issue though not as bad as a few weeks ago: anything less than 7 hours of sleep guarantees nausea. Anything less than 6 and my day is utterly ruined.
  • Not sure where else to post, figured this works. This morning, I woke up with this excruciating pain on my left side. It was sharp and painful, felt like the worlds worst cramp. At times it felt it was in my back too. I could barely get out of bed. Somehow I forced myself, made myself pee, and felt a little better. The pain lasted like 5-10 minutes, then went away. Now my left side feels uncomfortable. There's no bleeding, and no discharge. 

I called my doctor, waiting for them to call back. Anyone experience this? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Still tired all the time but that’s okay. I’ve gotten more headaches over the past couple of days that nothing really helps short of Tylenol, and they come back raging at bedtime. I’m all over my husband a lot lately so yay libido?
  • @jacksonbears  I'm so sorry you're feeling like this! You already did the best thing and called your doctor, it's likely they can bring you in if you're really worried. I had such an intense bad cramp a couple weeks ago my vision went black from pain - turned out I needed to go to the bathroom. My doctor has also told me that sharp pains are likely to happen because baby is growing and things are moving around. If it's more cramp like but no blood I would try to relax as best as you can. Can you think of any funny movements you made in the last 48 hours? working out, lifting something, intercourse - all those things can make you feel crampy too
  • @jacksonbears For whatever reason, my muscles react particularly badly to pregnancy. Definitely calling your doc was a good call (I used to call them every couple days) but they always said if it went away and there’s was no bleeding I was fine. I get all kinds of knots and pains and cramps and just general achiness. Hope that makes you feel better until you hear back. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Thanks @cricket1688 and @tuxielove93. I spoke with the doctor who thinks its a gas pocket. Because it went away, she didn't seem too concerned. As soon as I started moving around, the pain lightened. She said if it happens again, they would bring me in. So far no sharp pains like that. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • After a week of straight headaches finally called my OB and they are having me try Tylenol with Benadryl. Makes me a little nervous for some reason but at this point I’m having a hard time functioning at work so I need to try something! 
  • @chrssyms @wearyfuzzball @kjr9519 @vv826

Thanks for thinking of me, ladies! I feel famous for feeling like absolute sh*t lol! It’s about the same over here, I hate to say :/

Yesterday I was vomiting so much I went in for fluids after I told my MFM I also had a cold. That helped and they confirmed it’s a cold and not the flu so that’s positive! I also ran out of Zofran yesterday so it was the perfect storm. But thankfully my kind kind neighbor went to the pharmacy to pick it up for me 💖

I have an appointment today and I’m anxious to see if baby boy is growing okay despite me keeping nothing down. I’m already at risk for growth restriction to my my history with preeclampsia so it’s just another thing on my worry list lol 

• Also, I’ve realized I can come across as flippant when talking about things. I use humor to downplay things and make myself and others feel better. It’s a problem sometimes and I’ve talked about it in therapy- don’t you worry 😂 (There I go again lmao) 
  • There isn't much I read on the internet that literally makes me lol, however @harrierwife and @luckystar28 y'all just made me ugly laugh 😂
  • (some more good news in ttgp grad thread if anyone is curious)
  • I have a cold too! What the heck is going on this week. YUCK!!!
  • @luckystar28 it's okay to deflect things with humor. That just comes naturally to some people. If it is at all reassuring, I have never found anything you posted to make me think you were being flippant. Maybe I have the same problem? ;-)