Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 12/3

2»

Re: TTCAL w/o 12/3

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited December 2018

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.:  My name is Kim - I've experienced one loss, recently, as it was confirmed a little over a week ago that I miscarried somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks.  No real explanation why, other than our own presumptions that my body just wasn't really ready yet since I got pregnant so soon after coming off the Mirena.  I feel like my lining wasn't think enough to support the pregnancy.

Status: We were given the clear to try again as soon as we wanted/felt ready to.  I even asked if we needed to wait for a cycle to complete and she said "Nope... that would only be helpful for us to determine how far along you were, if you were to get pregnant, but we can do a dating ultrasound for that".  So we are trying again!

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  Things are going okay... I've been more sad this week but mostly frustrated with my body.  I have no idea what it's doing or what's going on inside.  I never got my period after coming off the mirena, nothing the first month off of it and then we got pregnant the second month... so I don't know when it will arrive now after the MC.  I feel like I might be showing some signs of ovulation, so we are just gonna go with that feeling, but it's still really frustrating to not know what your body is doing at all.  But, I am hopeful that it will happen for us again soon!

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Blood work from last week came back that I still had a level of hCH of 72 so I had to be retested yesterday... waiting for those results.

GTKY? Best holiday gift you've ever received?  Honestly - My dyson!! haha

It's nice to be here with all of you <3

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• kpearse99  Honestly, I would recommend temping to help you determine what your body is doing. It will allow you to know if/when you O, and can alleviate the stress of when to take a HPT (as in, is AF REALLY late or did you O late... or why am I 'late' but keep getting BFNs). After MC it can take 6-12 months for your body to 'regulate' and it may never go back to what it was, but rather regulate to a whole new 'normal.' Just a heads up!
    Also, a crunchy friend of mine recommend raspberry leaf tea as a way to strengthen and thicken my uterine lining.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • @ruby696 thank you so much for the tips! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited December 2018

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your personal stories with this check-in. I'm joining this group after a recent loss at 18 weeks.  I'm a pretty stoic person so I took time to grieve deeply but shortly, and then became a maniac with trying to find answers for our loss, and now with trying to get pregnant STAT due to my "advanced maternal age".  Wishing the best for all of us in this group.  This is my first time talking about this with a group who can relate, I wrote a lot in response:

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. One devastating late loss recently (it now seems it was due to gene mutations of MTHFR and PAI-1 that possibly led to blood clotting issues).  I also believe I've had two very early miscarriages in the last 4 years because I had all the PG symptoms & then was uncharacteristically late on both those cycles (but didn't test); both suspected MCs were followed the next cycle by BFPs. 

Status: TWW, but this is the first cycle since MC so it's different & longer than my customarily short cycles.  This is my first time ever to experience the waiting on AF after MC, having a very long weird visit from AF, then waiting for Ov, and now waiting waiting waiting for 2 weeks. It is excruciating. You all know what I'm talking about.  Sorry.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Six weeks after the loss I'm finally feeling good. But I'm super pissed at my hubby because we missed my fertile window. I've been a Type A Psycho with charting, temping, choking down supplements, force-feeding him supplements, and I put him to work like a machine the first few fertile days.  Well, all my supplements must be working because they extended my short cycle by a few days.  The fertile days kept getting pushed back further and further on FertilityFriend (at first I was supposed to ovulate on Dec 4 but that became the 5th, then 6th, then finally happened on the 7th), and by the time my actual prime window opened my husband was worn out.  We ended up missing the O-2 day due to his exhaustion after work--which also happened to be my first time ever getting a PEAK OPK!.  The next day I still had a blazing Peak OPK but we missed O-1 because he got home from work that day and caused a huge fight over dirty dishes in the sink & I went off on him for that sexist BS, then we missed O day and O+1 because everything felt so weird and pressure-y and I realized that this whole TTC with a purpose/vengeance can be kind of scary to a relationship.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? If we aren't successful this cycle I'm supposed to call the RE for an U/S of my uterus on CD 6 or so to make sure the loss wasn't due to abnormal shaping, etc.  She wants to start the tests for IF to qualify me for IVF, which is totally bizarre and never something I'd ever considered. It's due to my AMA and the fact that my AMH is suddenly low after years of being told I have the reproductive system of a woman half my age. Life is full of surprises...

GTKY? Best holiday gift you've ever received? My dad used to get each of us one excellent present that was exactly what we wanted.  I loved getting beautiful art supplies each year as a kid.

• @dpjennifer Totally hard to be depressed/grieving/anxious as a Type A and In Control human! I remember being in the midst of the worst of it after our first loss, and my MIL (the queen of garbage, insensitive comments) telling me that I really should try befriending this woman at church that I can't stand because "she's going through a hard time and needs support" and I was like, I AM GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME. But I was handling my ish with therapy and other support networks rather than coming to church every Sunday and crying. I think people think that they need to see you sad to believe you are sad. I've never shared our losses on social media, because almost 2 years after the first I still don't think I can handle myself like a mature adult if someone says something stupid.  :#
  • minnek8 Meh, being a mature adult is overrated. If people make assholish comments to me, anymore I just let them have it. I'm going through too much and am sick of people thinking my sad life should be shared around like show and tell when they wanna feel bad for me, and then expect me to act like an actual functioning human being that's happy and ish the rest of the time. Tough crackers.... 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1