Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk / Questions ~ December

Re: Chart Stalk / Questions ~ December

• Started selfishly.

I have sufficiently confirmed O (FF will ne on bored tomorrow). On the day of my RE appt I will be 9dpo. Is that too late for any testing or will I be able to sneak some I  this cycle? 
  • @prpl11butterfly Some bloodwork could be ran.  Progesterone is suggested to be tested at 7 DPO, if it is run later, it may be slightly skewed although you can talk to your RE about it.  The FSH has to be tested between CD 2-4 and the HSG has to be done prior to O.  Anything else can be done at any time during the cycle if I remember correctly.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you. I'm trying to figure out how much I'll be able to do before next cycle so we are benched as little as possible. DH has a work trip that could seriously interfere with having things done in the start of the coming cycle (because he wants to be there for everything and because I wont drive myself to the main clinic). Now I'm at the mercy of AF....
  • For people who use  softcups as part of their HIO routine, do you just put it in after sex? I have some laying around and might give it a try this cycle. 
  • chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited December 2018
    @prpl11butterfly in a way, 9 DPO isn't bad, because you can get all of your b/w scripts & med scripts lined up and appointments timed perfectly for the next cycle if this one doesn't work out (which I hope it does work out!). I'd rather be 9 DPO than CD9 if ya know what I mean! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• edited December 2018
    @jennifer_louise It was very odd to work out but essentially I would slip that in as he was pulling out. The quicker you can do it the less messy it is.

@chichiphin I am actually quite happy that its landing near the end of my cycle for that very reason. ETA... This cycle cant work out, I'm benched 😔
  • @prpl11butterfly that does sound awkward! But at this point, I'll try anything. How long does it stay in? 
  • @prpl11butterfly oh I'm sorry that was careless of me for not remembering you are benched. I am sorry friend!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @jennifer_louise I just left it in until morning.

@chichiphin no worries 😊 I've been on the DL so I don't expect you all to remember where I'm at.
  • I feel a little silly asking this but I'm on a time-out with Dr Google. 

I'm doing a monitored cycle with my RE with femara CD5-9 (currently on CD12). My RE doesn't think I ovulate on my own, so the femara seems to be doing its job in terms of moving up my ovulation timeline. My question is, should I still expect to see all the "usual" fertility signs like EWCM, CP shift, temp shift, etc, even if it's medically induced ovulation? My RE will tell me when I'm actually ovulating but I'm curious to know if this will throw off my chart and confuse the heck out of FF when she's trying to make predictions for the future.

(and I realize how ridiculous that last part sounds considering I'm hoping I'll get KU this cycle but it's weighing on me nonetheless). 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 Yes, you should still see all of the normal fertile signs like the EWCM, +OPK and temp shift.  This cycle, I did letrozole (generic femara) and timed intercourse.  If you look at my chart, I still had all of the normal signs telling me that O was coming.

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @kiki047 You can also exclude certain cycles from the data analysis on FF. I've done that a few times with my treatment cycles since they're generally different from my natural cycles and I don't want my statistics to be skewed. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @prpl11butterfly If your RE wants to do the standard RPL panel in addition to the more generic testing they should be able to take lots of your blood on the day of your appt, regardless what dpo you are. I was roughly 7dpo my first appt and they took 17 vials of blood for the RPL panel. Make sure you've eaten that day and are hydrated jic. They can also check AMH any time in your cycle. 
    @kiki047 I haven't done Femara/Letrozole but on clomid yes, I was able to still track. You may have extra CM, I usually do when we do any kind of medication. 
  • @lulu1180 that’s what we’re doing too. I just didn’t know whether to trust my signs or if things would be a little skewed. I rarely even show any clear signs of impending, possible O before CD20 so I don’t really trust my body these days. She’s let me down too many times. 
    @LJMoon6 thank you! I forgot you could do that. 
    @zamora_spin omigosh, the CM is getting a little out of hand. I thought it was just me. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @zamora_spin 17 vials?! Omg. I'll have to kick DH out because he will die seeing me have that done. Guess I'll be scoffing down a good breakfast..... 
  • @kiki047 When you're doing a medicated cycle, throw everything you know about your cycle out the window.  A medicated cycle could (and usually does) change your cycle, for some people it's more drastic than others.  You could O earlier or later and it could cause changes in your CM and other fertile signs.  I'm glad your Dr is monitoring you so that you can confirm instead of just trusting your body (or in your case doubting your body I guess) to do what it's supposed to do.  

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @kiki047 I'm really glad you asked this question - thank you @lulu1180 @zamora_spin  and @LJMoon6 for this info. I guess that all makes sense tho! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @kiki047 Oh no, you are not alone. When I took clomid I had more days of EWCM than usual and a larger volume generally. During my stim cycle I had so much EWCM that I wore a panty liner a couple of days just so I could swap it out during the day. It was A LOT. A warning for anyone who does do clomid - your temps will be higher than usual but I was still able to see a pattern. 
  • @kiki047 I have used femara 4 cycles but only temped the first one and the big difference I noticed was my temps were just a tad bit lower than usual but I still had a clear temp shift. The meds also moved my ovulation date to a normal CD15-CD16, where it used to be CD20 before. Hope that helps! (:
  • @lulu1180 thank you so much! that’s basically what I was getting at. Since my body doesn't always work the way its supposed to, I had no idea what to expect. So far I'm noticing a lot of subtle (or not so subtle) changes, but I feel better knowing my RE's office will give me the signal when it's go time (this morning's call was a "start your engines" heads up to start HIO EOD). 
    @zamora_spin My only other side effect of the letrozole so far has been slightly elevated temps as well, in addition to the copious amounts of EWCM. MF even commented on it last night asking what was going on down there :lol: 
    @chichiphin I think there are a few of us starting femara/letrozole/clomid cycles, with or without IUI. Will be thinking about you tomorrow for your sono, FX yours goes smoothly and you get the all-clear! 

@jennifer_louise we use softcups too. I also just keep it on my nightstand, I slip it in after he pulls out (with varying degrees of success "catching" it all...) and leave it in overnight. Or if it's in the morning, I leave it in until I get home from work. It's not like a tampon, technically it's pretty safe if you leave it in for up to 12 hours, but I wouldn't say you need to leave it in that long. 

TTC History:

• Letrozole & clomid users: I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with a dumb question.

today - CD9 - I had 3 follies, 2 left and 1 right. The right measured at 19mm. Most likely I’ll O in like 2-3 days. I don’t know the size of the other two follies (because I forgot to ask) but what happens to them when my righty releases? Do they just wilt away? Do they release too?

also I’m now wondering why the heck I was on this dosage in the first place 🤷🏼‍♀️
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I'm not sure if the meds change anything, but the follicles that do not get released die I think...... not an answer that was wanted, I know.
  • @chichiphin Are you triggering? If you do a trigger shot I think they will release regardless of if they’re all the way mature. If not triggering, My RE said follies that are over 14 when the other one is just about mature have about a 50% chance of releasing an egg. So they’ll either release or not. There’s also a chance of a follicle becoming a cyst, but idk how likely that is. 
  • I got my temp rise this morning but FF still isn't giving me crosshairs, is it a setting thing that maybe I missed? I have it set to FAM detector. 

• @kimmer1412 If you have it set to FAM then FF is looking for 3 temps that are above the previous 6. If you put in another temp above 97.7 tomorrow does it give you CH? 

@chichiphin great question, I wondered about that too. Thank you @prpl11butterfly and @zamora_spin

TTC History:

• @kiki047 yes! Thank you, I thought I was going crazy lol 
  • @zamora_spin thanks! No trigger. Just letting it happen. Still no positive OPK as of this morning so that follie is now roughly 23mm 😬 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• How many of you have a VIP membership for FF? I recently finished my 30 day free trial. Do you use a lot of the extra features?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I have the VIP membership now for 90 days & $17 I think? I had the free trial about 5 months ago but didn’t use it religiously. I *think* I’m using lots more of the features now but not sure. I don’t go in the forums or anything, but am enjoying the “analyzer” tabs & chart comparisons. Hope this helps.
  • @inthewoods23 I used to have the VIP but let it lapse because I found that I got a little too obsessive and it fed the BSC pretty bad

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @inthewoods23 - I never got VIP because I'm too cheap, but the only features I'd want is the DPO on my chart and chart overlay (both of which I've found an alternative).
  • @inthewoods23 I have VIP, but I think I signed up basically a month after my trial ended so I've never really used it with only the basic features. I don't think you can do the chart duo to track RHR on your chart without it. I also use the chart overlay a lot. 

How many of YH's are on a male fertility supplement/multivitamin? Which one do you use? Our RE wants us to add zinc and selenium to MF's regimen, but he's already on what feels like a million other supplements. I have him on Vit D, Vit C, Omega 3s (fish oil), CoQ10, NAC, plus he's on his own meds with probiotics, so adding even more just seems like overkill. I looked and FertilAid is available here in Canada but when I add it all up it doesn't seem like the levels of zinc and selenium are even enough to what the RE wants him to take so is it really worth it? 

TTC History:

• @kiki047 I've been feeding DH a handful of random vitamins (zinc, Vit C, biotin, folic acid) each dinner. Howeverm there's a PNV pack I saw that is my PNV multi that I take + a multi for him, too, that I think I might buy next time so he'll only have to do one. The brand is... "One A Day." (I take a probiotic supplement in addition to it, though, so you could get him down to at least two.) For Selenium, I've been buying organic Brazilian nuts & leaving them in front of where he sits on the couch & he dutifully eats them! So maybe if he's resistant to another pill, at least for that put him "on" Brazilian nuts? 
  • @kiki047 my RE just wants DH to take 5000 units of vitamin D but I'm having him also try to use up all the other multivitamins and such that I've bought over the year that hasn't been finished.  I think our RE didn't ask for him to take anything more because his numbers and motility are good. Morphology they say there's really nothing you can do to improve that. *Shrug*
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kagesstarshroom I've seen the One a Days here, I'll check out the ingredient list for him. I forgot about the folate, he needs that too. Sooo many pills... he's not resistant to taking them, but he literally has one of those daily pill containers for old people and it's stuffed so full it won't even close so if I add 3 or 4 more supplements he'll need two containers LOL. 
    @inthewoods23 MF's count is on the low side so he'd like to see that number come up if possible. Unfortunately his antidepressants work against him so we're really just trying to give him a fighting chance. 

TTC History:

• Questionnnnnnn: TCOYF says that ovulation tests aren't the best way to TTGP bc they only tell you when you're *already* ovulating & therefore it's too late to HIO--hOWEVER, the Wondfo instructions I am dutifully studying presently (as though I am about to write a paper on TTGP like, I'm taking notes & putting asterisks next to things etc. 😬#onceascholaralwaysascholar) says that if the test appears positive, you'll ovulate in 24-48 hours--who's right?! TCOYF or Wondfo instructions? thx in advance for anyone who can help. 
  • @kagesstarshroom well, since your FW is aprox the 5ish days leading up to O, I think the thought is if you wait until you get a positive to HIO, you have missed good fertile days. You should start HIO once you notice EWCM and SHO cervix (if you check that). There is a chart floating around that says -2 is the highest chance of success. I am sure others will add to this and I would elaborate but I'm struggling with thoughts thanks to a killer migraine.
  • I am not temping this cycle and I am kind of kicking myself for not doing it.  I got 4 days of positive OPKs, which I have never had before.  So I dont know if I ovulated the day after my first positive or if I havent even ovulated yet. Anyone have any experience with so many days of positive?  I have researched the crap out of this topic the entire day and I just keep finding conflicting information. 
  • @prpl11butterfly hope the migraine is gone--they're the utter worst. and thank you for taking the time despite being in pain to respond! early in the book, the author seems "against" OPK and def. against JUST using OPK and repeats repeatedly (ha) how they just tell you when you've O'd but not before & then, after I posted this though, I read in the color insert (new for the 20th edition!) advice re: OPK similar to what you've said here--I appreciate the solid, current, real life info. i'm gonna track CM & try to track CP as well this cycle, so hopefully--with all this new info, help from this board aka ppl like you & these powers combined!-- we'll have decent timing. thanks again.