August 2019 Moms

Food Aversions and Cravings

deecherisedeecherise member
edited December 2018 in August 2019 Moms
So it's a bit early for this maybe (almost 6 weeks pregnant), but this baby has made it pretty clear what it likes and dislikes.

Cravings:
anything tomato based, fruit juice (apple blends are bomb)

I used to love, but now I avoid:
chocolate 🍫

The smell and/or taste makes me gag: eggs, coffee, secondhand cigarette smoke, my dog's kibble

What foods you crave and hate?

Re: Food Aversions and Cravings

• Cravings: 
    Mexican food, ramen noodles, polish sausage & sauerkraut

I used to love, but now I avoid:
    Sweets. Cake, cookies, pie, etc.

The smell and/or taste makes me gag: unpredictable. So much sets me off.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Cravings: Pretzels, lemon things, Chick-fil-A 
    Used to love: not much, but so far summer squash & some leftover cold pork roast. The pork roast was actually a few days ahead of the positive test!

Nothing has made me actually gag so far. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • @runningisrad I wonder what is about the sweets, because normally, I'm a sugar fiend, but right now I could take or leave most sweet stuff 

@WinchesterGirl lucky you! I pray it stays that way for you :smile:
  • Cravings: crab, I almost ordered a crab roll from uber eats at 10pm last night but drank some tea instead. Also peppermint tea which is so weird bc I hate tea and peppermint

Used to love wine! Now it makes me gag. I threw up a glass which is what clued me into take a positive test. I couldn't sleep last night bc I could smell the stinky alcohol on my husbands breath.

last pregnancy everything made me throw up. So far so good but it's still early.
  • lmmama3lmmama3 member
    edited December 2018
    Cravings: Chocolate. All I've been wanting is Reese's cups and chocolate donuts. And I'm not a sweets person at all. 

I haven't been averse to anything yet. Previous pregnancies have been any kind of meat and bananas. But I've never actually gotten sick while pregnant.  So we'll see what happens this time. 
  • Cravings: salty foods, jalapeños and meat. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Used to love: Sweets have been the last thing on my mind!

Nothing is making me gag yet!
  • megancof3megancof3 member
    edited December 2018
    Cravings: spicy foods, Mexican food (pezole and tamales specifically), fried pickles, and cheesy pasta

used to love: bagels and cream cheese

Things making me gag/sick: eggs and raw chicken

im 6 weeks
  • Uo: I want to read this thread but when I do I gag really bad. Lol

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave
  • I'm not feeling any cravings or aversions yet, but during the first tri of my last pregnancy I couldn't even smell tomato sauce. Meat also grossed me out. We were vegetarian for the first three months.

Right now I'm just struggling to find food that sounds good. Like, I'll get really hungry but go through my options and they all sound meh.
  • ElcaB said:
    Right now I'm just struggling to find food that sounds good. Like, I'll get really hungry but go through my options and they all sound meh.
    I've totally had that experience as well, where I could eat like a horse, but nothing is appealing. I normally go for a spoonful of peanut butter when that happens, so I can at least have something in my belly until I can figure out what food is suitable.
  • I had a (modified) Shirley Temple with my lunch, and oh my word it was delicious. The combo of ginger ale, Sprite, & cherries is like the best MS repellant ever. 
  • I can't eat or smell chicken currently, couldn't do it with my daughter 2 years ago either 😂. As for cravings, definitely more salty and or healthy stuff. Literally ate a can of green beans last week 😂😂😂
  • I keep really being hungry and wanting things and then when they arrive I am suddenly disgusted. But then when I eat it it's fine, but the thought of it afterward grosses me out. Like Monday I ordered a bunch of appetizers for dinner and then they arrived and i was like ugh why did I order that lol Yesterday we went out to dinner and I felt gross on the way over and looking at the menu made me nauseated but I ate all of what we ordered. Today I am starving and going out to dinner with my mom so I read the menu and was like ugh I feel nauseous just looking at this.

Cheese is the killer for me. I suddenly constantly want to eat it but thinking about it is making me nauseous. I also cannot with the way the cat wet food smells. 
  • @drmrsthecounselor I feel ya on the pet food. My dog's food (wet and kibble) sent me into dry heaves a couple times this week.
  • Cravings: salt, mac n cheese, blueberry bagels and mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Things I use to love: pickles, tacos, brownies and salt and vinegar chips.

I haven't found anything yet that makes me sick or gag yet, thank goodness. 
  • Two giant pieces of garlic toast were just the (weird) thing to save me from morning sickness this morning. Which was triggered by brushing my teeth. MS is so weird. 
  • Donuts and ice cream. So not me at all. Even my husband is shocked because he’s the sweet tooth in this family. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I’m craving cheese a lot (MAC and cheese or cheese toast mostly).

I went to one of my fav restaurants last night and very little looked or tasted appetizing to me. I couldn’t even bring myself to have a bite of flan for dessert. 
  • @heml I hear you with the cheese craving, I swear I have either lived off of macaroni and cheese or have put cheese on whatever I am eating for the last week and a half. It is the only thing that is appealing!
  • @deecherise dog food here, too. My oldest dog has prescription wet dog food and it is absolutely the worst smelling thing on the planet. I struggled pre-pregnancy, but now, I can't even be in the kitchen when its out. 
  • Pierogies & IKEA's fountain drinks (their sparkling waters) sound INCREDIBLE.
  • Nothing at all sounds good. I am nauseous almost constantly which does not help. Ritz crackers tasted the best today but my luck tomorrow they will be repulsive. All my go-to foods from my prior pregnancies aren't tasting good at all. 

Major aversions at this point are meat. I can't even look at raw meat! Cooked chicken was tolerated last night but I picked it out of my leftovers today. Pregnancy is weird. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!