July 2019 Moms
Options

Showing?

Ftm 10w3d. Probably  gas? But I'm definitely feeling the growing! Feels like I'm pulling muscles sometimes too. Anyone starting to show? I bought maternity pants yesterday for comfort and I finally felt like I could breathe!

Re: Showing?

• Options
    If you're a FTM I would say it's definitely still the gas bloat. When I was a FTM, I found that around 14-16 weeks that my uterus was starting to push up and thicken my waistband and then at 19 weeks I popped. 

That being said, no shame in being comfortable! Maternity pants are the best :) 
  • Options
    So true!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m 8w and 4d with my 3rd. Definitely not showing yet & not even bloating (surprising) but I completely understand the comfort aspect. My size 6 jeans still fit like before but it is so uncomfortable pushing on my uterus. Especially since I only wear high waisted jeans! If I’m in the car my pants are unbuttoned. 😂 never had maternity clothes before but I’m debating on getting some new comfy leggings  just for comfort at this point.. my current leggings push on my stomach too hard.  
  • Options
    Totally bloat still. This is baby #5 for me and the bloat is absolutely ridiculous.

Another vote for being comfy! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Yep. This is my 4th pregnancy (3rd in the past 1.5 years)...so in the past 18 ish months I've already been pregnant a total of 34 weeks. I'm already in my mat leggings. I see no need to be uncomfortable. Embrace the blump! 
  • Options
    SO bloated :( I've only gained one lb yet my pants no longer fit! Can't wait to bust out the maternity pants. I cried last pregnancy when I had to start wearing maternity pants, I don't know why (pregnancy!). But once I put on that first pair, and I was like, wait, these look like regular pants from the crotch down but I get comfy elastic around my belly? Win! I wish I could wear maternity pants all the time now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m 10 weeks (FTM) and I definitely have a very small pooch going on in my lower abdomen area. It’s firm as well when I stand. It’s not noticeable of course to others, but I can definitely tell a difference especially since I haven’t gained any weight (lost weight actually). I have also had days where I’m extremely puffy and bloated, especially between 5-8 weeks. It was the worst! I’m thinking by January people that know will be able to tell, barely (13-14 weeks). 

Does one’s body frame impact when you start to show? Or not really? Who knows! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 I am only 5'2 and have a very short torso. My babies have no way to go but out.

Here's my "bump" at 10wks with my 1st.

And then 14wks with my 1st.

It wasn't till about 17 wks or so that I actually got a bump. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I am also 10w5 days and definitely starting to show. I'm a second time mom and my tummy wasn't this big until I was like 4months or so last time!! 
  • Options
    @nopegoat makes sense! I am 5’6” but have a short torso and longer legs. My lower stomach looks super similar to yours right now! 
  • Options
    10w4d with baby #4. I'm mostly bloat but am already in maternity pants for sure. It won't be long though. I'm only 5'1" and have a short torso. 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited December 2018
    @Tippy05 the bloat is real!!! On baby #5. I'm sahm so thankfully I'm able to stay in yoga pants or sweats for most of the day. Having to do the rubber band trick for my jeans though. I have maternity shorts but no pants since all but 1 of my others were born in the  summer. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Really wish all of my pregnancies were like my first  I didn’t start showing until 27 weeks.. since I got pregnant when my oldest was 6 months old I started showing at 13 weeks with my second  I’m hoping I can hold off a little linger with my 3rd since it’s been 2 years and I just worked so hard on losing 70 pounds. Such dramatic changes in short amounts of times does not work with my body  isg
  • Options
    Ftm 10w3d. Probably  gas? But I'm definitely feeling the growing! Feels like I'm pulling muscles sometimes too. Anyone starting to show? I bought maternity pants yesterday for comfort and I finally felt like I could breathe!
    Yes, you are not alone, 9w4d. Already hard to hide the stomach, bought bigger pants also.
  • Options
    mom2b77373mom2b77373 member
    edited December 2018
    I am 11 weeks today and I am showing.  A couple of my friends just had their babies and gave me their maternity clothes and the pants are so comfortable. I am sure there is some bloat in there as well but my baby bump is noticeable now and I am ok with it.
  • Options
    Any recommendations for maternity leggings? I am living in leggings now. I wore my jeans for the first time in a while and my stomach was so uncomfortable even though they still fit. Ugh! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 I like the Old Navy maternity leggings the best. I found other ones stretched out really fast or were really baggy in the bum and upper leg area. That being said I'm carrying a little more weight to start with this time around so I'm loving Thyme Maternity leggings right now.
  • Options
    mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited December 2018
    @rgn12 I prefer the Pea in the Pod, Motherhood Maternity and Destination Maternity leggings with the secret belly. They stay up really well and the waistband can either be folded down or pulled over the bump. I like the French terry ones for extra warmth. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions @Panaceia @mamanbebe
  • Options
    10+2. Tiny bump and bloat. 😂

• Options
    Yes... I am a STM 8W4D and I have had MAJOR bloat since 5W. I am trying to be creative in hiding the bloat with baggy tops (thankfully baggy oversized sweaters are in) and long flowy scarves but also I am just going to embrace it. I really look how I did at 14W with my first!
  • Options
    Ok STM+'s, how can you tell if it's bumb or bloat? I don't feel incredibly bloated but definitely have something going on in my lower abdomen. I'm 8+5
  • Options
    I’m not a STM, but I think I can tell the difference when it’s hard/firm when I stand up. Not sure if that’s accurate?? 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited December 2018
    Can you suck it in? Does it get smaller in the mornings or after you poop? Is it visible at all when you lay down? Is it firm at all?

If you can suck it in or its much smaller when you lay down, in the mornings, or after a poop, and isn't slightly firm its bloat still. At 10-11wks as a FTM you might notice the teensiest firm ball but I definitely wouldn't say it's an actual bump and more than likely no one would even notice. Even as a 2nd+ timer it's more of blump because the muscles have already been stretched so there isn't as much resistance to hold the bloat back.

True bump = uterus and baby. Right now baby is way too small and our uterus is barely above our pubic bone. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I think literally in one day I went from nothing to looking like I am either gaining a lot of weight or am pregnant. This is my 5th, so I expect to show earlier, but this is nuts.  I am trying to figure out if I just ate too much the last two weeks. lol
  • Options
    I’m 10w3d and I am juuuuuust barely starting to show. Only DH and I can tell though. To everyone else, I probably just look a little fluffier 
  • Options
    My bloat was better and it’s getting bad again! Last night was awful... I can’t wait to be able to tell everyone it isn’t junk food... 
  • Options
    I have lost 1kg due to m/s but have this bump... the bloat is real. Repeat the bloat is real 😂🤣😂 (p.s. love my little shadow in the background, never lets me out of her sight!)
  • Options
    @firsttimemommy0719 the uterus is below the pubic bone until about 12 weeks so anything you see before that is likely bloat.  Once the uterus is higher your bump will feel hard rather than squishy.  And also like nopegoat said, if you can suck it in it's not baby yet.  Keep in mind that even at 12 weeks the baby is only about 2 inches long (and at 9 weeks it's less than an inch so is taking up very little space in your uterus).  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    All the carbs/sugary drinks I have been ingesting, as well as the eating every 2 hours and lack of exercise due to feeling like death, has caused a fun layer of fat around my tummy, which, when coupled with the bloat has me looking 5 months along at times. Thankfully I have been able to lay low at home otherwise someone would have questioned/outed me for sure by now. Good thing the next time I see my family will be for Christmas where plan to announce anyway, so one day of a baggy sweater/scarf should get me through. 
  • Options
    @rgn I love my blanqi maternity leggings 
  • Options
    I feel rounder for sure- but it’s likely just the carb loading. :/
  • Options
    10w5dshould it be this big already??? It’s impossible to hide now and I’m terrified how much still needs to grow in there. 1st kid so I feel like should not be like this already. 
  • Options
    @julybaybay your bloat/bump is too cute though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    antony17antony17 member
    edited December 2018
    I'm a chubby woman anyway (ok, maybe more than just chubby) so I don't have a baby bump but jeans are so uncomfortable so I'm already wearing a belly band. I think it's more bloating than it is uterus at this point (8wks 4 days).
  • Options
    @julybaybay your bloat/bump is too cute though!
    @babyginjuly thank you SO much for saying that. I’ve been struggling pretty bad with the changes and feeling bad in my skin. Very self conscious about how big the non-baby belly is. Since it’s bloat does that mean this will go down eventually??
  • Options
    @julybaybay I'm 12+4 now and the bloat has gone away since I stoped progesterone a couple of days ago. It was replaced by a small baby bump but super easy to hide. A few weeks ago I easily looked 5 months pregnant. So don't worry! It will go down:)