April 2019 Moms

FFFC w/o 12/7

Post your best confessions*!

*flame-free not guaranteed

Re: FFFC w/o 12/7

• @MRDCle I looove spoilers!! Yesterday I was watching a show with DH and I was reading spoilers for it the whole time we were watching 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • My parents offered to drive me to and from work while my car is not working (they are less then 5min away from us and my work is only 15min away thankfully) and i'm totally loving it. It's so nice to not drive for once.

I do all the driving in my household, DH had a license when he lived out of state but never got one when he moved back to CA. (He says driving in CA is a nightmare and he's not wrong, he also doesn't have the best sense of direction)
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @lyse01 I don't let DH do the dishes either. He grew up without a dishwasher and no matter how many times I've shown him how to deal with/load it, he just doesn't get it quite right. I think he always thinks i have a very specific way, and if he's not doing it that way it's wrong, so he asks for like every other dish if that's correct. The man understands quantum mechanics but not the dishwasher.

I make vacuuming solely his job to even things out. (i have vacuuming)
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• I love spoilers. One of my favorite things about living in the internet age. 😂

I ate 6 (large) sea salt caramels for breakfast this morning.

I hate Baby, It's Cold Outside and have complained about it since I was a teenager. But sometimes I still catch myself singing it absent-mindedly.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • @thatbaintforbetty if only I could make vacuuming solely DH’s - I hate it too. Alas, that’s his favorite evidence that I don’t do enough to clean, so I have to grab one often enough that I can say “I vacuumed on Tuesday! Not my problem that you want to vacuum dust particles out of the air and I use it to pick up ground-up Cheerios.”
  • @lyse01 I don’t let my SO clean pretty much anything at all because I don’t like the way he does things. I would rather be surrounded by a big mess than have everything put away wrong. I’ll ask him to take care of something very specific if I need help cleaning. 

@wildcosmiclove Ugh. Baby, It’s Cold Outside I cannot stand either as well as Santa Baby. They play literally all the time on the radio this time of year though so they end up stuck in my head.
  • @lyse01 I'm really hoping when we move we'll get all hardwood and then i am investing in a robot vacuum. He doesn't do it as often as i'd like but i cannot stand the sound of the vacuum (or blow dryer/blender/white noise) so i avoid it like the plague. I actually try not to even stay in the apartment when he does it cause i hate the sound so much.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• I love spoilers and baby it’s cold outside! 
  • DH splatters water everywhere when he does the dishes. I end up having to clean up after him. He loves doing them, so I keep my mouth shut.

Spoilers are the best!

I found DH’s hiding spot for gifts and I looked at all of my Christmas presents. 
  • @thatbaintforbetty my H too!!!  He always puts something leaning on the plates, so they all lean against each other and all the food pieces get trapped in all the plates.  I tell him every time.  It's making me angry just thinking about it.

My boss got us pastries and everyone let me have the last one because I didn't really speak up when "Has everyone had one, yet?" was asked.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @thatbaintforbetty, when I was pregnant with my first, DH only worked two or three 12-16 hour shifts a week, so he regularly drove me to work (a 30 minute commute at the time) so he could go workout afterwards.  I loved it and got a little spoiled with it I think, haha.

@midway_mouse, DH splashes water everywhere when he does dishes too!  He claims he bought a dishwasher to make it easier for me with the coming baby, but he's the only one who uses it - I still hand wash everything :lol:.  He also puts plastic stuff and coated pans in the dishwasher when I feel they shouldn't go in.

My confession: sometimes I tell my DS I have a headache when I really just don't want to play that second.  I get them often enough anyway that he's never questioned it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ha, @kangstadt, my DH also puts knife block knives, wooden things, and Tupperware in, and I’m like, look 1) this stuff is not designed for that, and 2) I need it again in 30 seconds, not an hour. We don’t have multiple paring knives.
  • @kangstadt @lyse01 I don't buy things that cannot go in the dishwasher, lol.  I avoid hand washing dishes as much as possible. Like I needed a new serving dish last Christmas so i specifically looked for and bought one that was dishwasher safe.

I really want a good set of stainless steel cookware and am already dreading the thought that they will need to be hand washed.

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• I hate how DH does the dishes too so I tend to avoid the kitchen if he's washing them otherwise I comment the whole time on how he's doing it wrong and a bicker ensues. They get washed but he doesn't fill up the sink he just soaps up the sponge and does them one by one over the dirty dishes, it bothers the crap out of me. I would rather just do them, plus I can get a full load because I actually fill the drainer instead of stopping once it gets 2-3 dishes in there.

• I ate a large amount of sushi last night and it was absolutely amazing. 
    JEALOUS.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I eat lunch meat on a regular basis.

DH does all our dishes but for some reason can’t put away any of our baking stuff.  It’s not like the cookie sheet moved from one cabinet to the other in the 10+ years we lived here.  

My FFC is that I don’t like coffee or dark chocolate.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @harveyisaboysname no shame! DH and I had a sushi night about a month ago and it was phenomenal (especially since it was a craving lol).

• @thatbaintforbetty omg same here on dishwasher. DH: “is this okay to put in the dishwasher?”
    Me: 🤷‍♀️ “If not, it doesn’t deserve to be in this house”

DH always says he will help with any chore, I just need to ask him to do it 😑 and he doesn’t see why that’s impractical/annoying
  • You all are crazy lol. If DH does the dishes I don’t complain as long as they’re clean. He’s also very good at vacuuming because his mom always made him vacuum and make the perfectly straight lines in the carpet
  • @blueberrymomma he does them wrong because he doesn’t use soap. It’s objectively wrong for them to look particle free but still be greasy.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    edited December 2018
    lyse01 said:
    @blueberrymomma he does them wrong because he doesn’t use soap. It’s objectively wrong for them to look particle free but still be greasy.
    HOW DO YOU NOT USE SOAP?!

(You being your H)
  • @lyse01, my husband has the opposite complaint and says I use too much soap and the glasses taste like it.  I would rather use too much and get the grease off than deal with slimy dishes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lyse01lyse01 member
    edited December 2018
    @kangstadt I’m open to the criticism that I use too much water while rinsing every soap bubble off and that there’s a more efficient way to do this. I probably want a stack of dirty on one side, a basin of soap water to soak/scrub in, space to rinse (with a foot pedal to control water flow) and a person to the other side to dry and put away. But until DD is tall enough to put away, I’m probably not going to implement that. Also, small dishwashers are absurdly expensive and I’m not sure it’s worth giving up the cabinet space to add one.
  • batmama31batmama31 member
    edited December 2018
    only recently have I let my husband do the dishes b/c standing at the sink has been killing my back lately. I don't make comments about how he loads the dishwasher. but for a long time, the two reasons I wouldn't allow him to do the dishes is b/c a) he doesn't know how to load the machine & b) he breaks something damn near every time. (I'm convinced he did it on purpose to get out of the chore.)

my FFFC: for dinner saturday night, my 4yo & I shared a full-size bag of potato chips and finished it off w/ pop tarts. I also took 2 naps that day.

ETA: I have always hated "baby it's cold outside." it's the date-rapiest song ever! I read an article that a few radio stations in the country have FINALLY taken a stand to ban the song on their stations. I don't know if my city has banned it, but I haven't heard it on the radio yet. I'm thrilled about the ban. 
  • Here’s one...A Christmas Story is one of the worst movies ever.  I hate it with a passion. 
    I guess this would be a good time/place to say I have never seen that movie and I have no intention of seeing it. 

But im also Scroogie McScroogeface. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @aqualicious & @thatbaintforbetty both of your confessions have made me sad. Not flame worthy sad. Just sad. I love that movie. DD already loves that movie (sans Scott Farkas!).
  • @thatbaintforbetty me either. I’ve seen snippets when it’s on tv and I just don’t get why anyone would keep watching.
  • batmama31 said:

my FFFC: for dinner saturday night, my 4yo & I shared a full-size bag of potato chips and finished it off w/ pop tarts. I also took 2 naps that day

I am in a rash of eating potato chips for dinner right now. Last week some friends came over and brought over some large bags that we didn't eat while they were over, so now I just eat them with some chocolate milk and get into bed as early as possible.

@lyse01@thatbaintforbetty IMO you shouldn't feel bad for not having seen that movie and shouldn't bother. It's dumb and I kind of regret the one time I watched the whole thing.
  • @mrstmoose @mesweettea What's funny is that i can place a lot of the pop culture references from the movie without ever having seen it.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• I like the movie 'A Christmas Story' well enough, though, not so much that I'd watch it if I'm on my own. However, I HATE "Christmas Vacation," which is unfortunate because my husband loves it and wants to watch it every year. Ugh. 
  • I like the movie 'A Christmas Story' well enough, though, not so much that I'd watch it if I'm on my own. However, I HATE "Christmas Vacation," which is unfortunate because my husband loves it and wants to watch it every year. Ugh. 
    Uggh, my DH loves A Christmas Story, and insists on watching it.  Twice already!  Christmas Vacation is fine, not my favorite, but I have no problem watching it.