July 2019 Moms

Group 1 Check In (EDD 7/1-7/8) - Week of 12/3

2»

Re: Group 1 Check In (EDD 7/1-7/8) - Week of 12/3

• @thycapanj I’m excited to find out what you’re having now lol 

@Panaceia I think it was my own fault this week, she said it’s  not common practice to try this early but if I wanted her to she would and I thought why not give it a shot. i think I would have had the same anxiety level either way I’m basically just feeling the same as I was before my appointment. It’s different this time because I didn’t find out I was pregnant with DD until 11 weeks so all this first tri anxiety is new for me! 
  • @rgn12 I’ve had some success with the Belli skincare line - more money than I’d usually spend but it’s formulated for preggos 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9+3

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 10

How are you feeling?: I have a flu like illness from hell for the past week. OB had sent me to the ER because headache was so severe with fever. Dragged my ass to work today. Didn’t think I could be this tired when I’m getting an ok amount of sleep. Also freaked out about how the 72 hours of constant fever may have impacted the baby - I was fairly aggressive with tylenol which still just kept it around 100.5. Anyway, I’m going to feel GREAT when this ever is out of my system, I’m on day 5...

Rants/Raves: ^^^^^

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Seeing family especially having my own kid now and his cousins ❤️
  • @anomasqrl thank you so much, I’ll have to try that! 😊
  • hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Walnut

Upcoming Appointments: Got blood drawn for NIPT Monday and am impatiently waiting for results.

How are you feeling?:  Getting better.  Nausea is still on and off but in general better than it has been.

Rants/Raves: Some stuff at work isn't going well, and I'm pretty down about it.  I'm finding it hard to get in the holiday spirit as a result.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Hmm.  We didn't have too many traditions.  I guess my favorite things center around food.  Biscuits and country ham in the morning on Christmas, hot spiked cider during the day, prime rib for Christmas dinner.  My dad has two siblings, and we had a long tradition of spending the week between Christmas and New Years at the beach with all of their families, but we haven't done it in at least 15 years, since my brother and I have grown up.  But this year, we're revitalizing the tradition.  Should be fun, though I'm a little bummed my brother can't go because of work, even though I'm not too sad about my SIL also not coming as a result...

@brake09, where in NC?  I'm in W-S.

@CatWaffles, my insurance covers it because I'll be turning 35 in March.  I of course want to be prepared if there are chromosomal abnormalities, but mostly I did it because I'm super impatient and want to know the sex.

@panacea05, @keebler6elf, joining the tall and KU club.  I'm 5'11", 34" inseam.  I'm still in my pre-pregnancy clothes for now, but I'm worried about what I'm going to wear when I'm not.  I noticed some designers like Paige that typically make jeans with long enough inseams have maternity jeans.  Not totally convinced I want to drop that kind of money on jeans I'll only be in for a few months, but we'll see.  Desperate times and all.  Anyone know where one would get maternity suits?
  • Also part of the tall and KU club. Plus sized too so I am not even bothering with Maternity pants. I have a number of leggings that will continue to stretch and some dresses that should actually work great over a pregnant belly. Apparently fashion designers/clothes makers don't believe you are supposed to be TALL and FAT and PREGNANT.
  • @indulgentgypsy your posts always put a smile on my face and make me laugh!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So my appointment was canceled today and moved to tomorrow, blah. Good news is that I feel better after starting unisom/ b6/ and fiber.  Bad news is I feel better, also after I spotted on Monday so I’m think bad things instead of good things. :/ tomorrow needs to come faster. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4/10 w

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat

Upcoming Appointments: had one today because I had some spotting yesterday morning. Everything was fine, but I was worried! I have a cvs scheduled for next week but I am not sure if I’ll keep the appt. @ladysamora mine was more like brown spotting, not pink, and it only happened the one time. Do whatever you need to take care of yourself and stay sane today; I’m hoping for good results for you at your appointment tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: vomit emoji. The nausea has really ramped up these past couple weeks. All I can handle the thought of eating is sparkling water, bread, Saltines, and cheese. Sometimes apples. And then more bread. 

Rants/Raves: after 20 years of living nowhere near my parents, I moved back to my hometown earlier this year. Can I just say how great it is to be able to stop by my parents’ after a doctors appointment, or to have my mom stop by when she’s in my part of town? I’m really thankful to have that level of support. 

Questions: are any of you doing a cvs (chorionic villus sampling)? Thoughts on why or why not?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree! We did ours last night, complete with a Christmas playlist and pine-scented candles. So cozy!
  • @pizzaplz
    I am not doing CVS because my insurance will cover blood tests next week. If a CVS is warranted after the blood test, then I guess I would - only if the risk was worth it though. 
  • @indulgentgypsy, thanks for weighing in. That’s great your insurance will cover blood tests!  I’m having a hard time finding out what is and isn’t covered under my insurance plan. I’m leaning toward just waiting for the amniocentesis in a few weeks. The risks of a cvs have me concerned, plus I had that spotting yesterday, so I don’t feel great about something invasive at this point. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9+6 (eeep) due 8th july *sorry i type full dates as I am an aussie and we type dates as DD/MM/YY and it can get confusing 🤔

Baby is the size of a(n): wristwatch face?!?

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT blood test on the 12th Dec and I might do another 'piece of mind' u/s on the same day

How are you feeling?: nauseous and tired and headachey and bloated. Drooling like a fiend and smelling things at 100 paces but overwhelming happy and content (and a bit anxious too). 

Rants/Raves: why does EVERYTHING have a smell?!? I mean EVERYTHING...

Questions: will I be able to snorkel with morning sickness? What happens if I am sick in the mask? 😳

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? I live in Perth in Western Australia so it is mid summer and 105degrees + on Christmas Day. Each Christmas we take 2 weeks off and drive for about 14 hours to these super remote towns and spend the days snorkelling on coral reefs and swimming with turtles, manta rays and dolphins. It is paradise!!!
  • @freycee I am so jealous!  I would love to be in Australia for Xmas. Even just once. Have you tried swimming with morning sickness yet? Cool water always made me feel better so the snorkeling might actually help!
  • @freycee, I was gonna say something similar! When I was swimming/snorkeling around 7 weeks, I actually felt better! You might be good!! 
  • @Panaceia you should totally come for a holiday. We are really lucky here. Very peaceful and so much natural beauty (once you get used to the sharks, spiders, snakes lol 😉). I haven't tried swimming yet, went to the local pool but the smell of the chlorine *yikes* left straight away. It has been a but cold for the beach but I hope next week should be warmer. I usually find the oxean v. Calming and healing.

@Happyin14 that is so good to know! Counting down the days even more now!!!
  • EDD 7/5/19 - 10 wks 2 days

Size of a prune?

Upcoming appts: had 1st w/ midwife 2 days ago and heard heartbeat! Next 12/31.

How am I feeling? Tired all the time. Nauseas. And anxiety up the wazoo (history of it and these pregnancy hormones are making me whack)

Rants/raves: why are the worst symptoms in the first trimester when you don’t wanna tell anyone? You feel the worst yet get no sympathy points!

Questions: none right now

GTKY: My grandma’s cookies!
  • @freycee I'm hoping once DD is a bit older that I can take her out there for a holiday. Australia has always been my first choice for a trip. All my cousins have been there backpacking but they are older than me so I never got invited to go along:/