August 2019 Moms

Appointments Thread, December

Hi ladies, come and discuss your appointments, questions for appointments, etc. Here! Feel free to go free-form & check back in to tell us how it went.  :)

When is your first appointment?

Any questions for the doctor? 

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Appointments Thread, December

• 12/13 dating ultrasound 12/17 first appt with my doctor. 

No questions that I can think of being my 3rd. Hopeful/excited to hear the heartbeat. 
  • When is your first appointment? 1/11

Any questions for the doctor? Not at the moment. I'll sure I'll think of something before then though!

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2018
    When is your first appointment? 12/10, already had my annual that day, and I'm just going to tack on a pregnancy confirmation while I'm there & see about getting some nausea meds! 

Any questions for the doctor? I have already started a list! I for sure want to ask about breastfeeding while pregnant, as my DS hasn't weaned yet. Also, I'm hoping to get her input on the Brewers pregnancy diet. I had high BP requiring induction with my first, and have heard the Brewer diet can be beneficial for reducing BP issues. 

Edit: Well, called the doc to confirm they still wanted to see me on the 10th, & they are pushing my appt. to 1/3, which will be combo annual/ ultrasound/first doc consult at 8 weeks. 
  • edited December 2018
    First appointment 12/18, 7w3d. No questions. I was diagnosed with low Progesterone, so I'm not even sure I'll still be pregnant in 12 days. I sort of dissociated from the whole thing at that point. 

Time will tell. 
  • My first appointment will probably be around the middle to end of January. I am hoping for my first home birth this time around. So, I will have lots and lots of questions for the midwife, pertaining to that specifically . I haven't even called anyone yet. My plan is to call a handful of home birth midwives in the area and interview at least a few and then pick one and set up an appointment then. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have my first appointment on Dec 14th, but an ultrasound on Dec 12. Not entirely sure what I'm going to see as per the date of my last period I should be 6 weeks right now (7 next week at my appointment) but I didn't get a positive test until a week ago, which makes me think I maybe ovulated late. If that's the case I may only be 6 weeks next week. Will they be able to see anything in the sac at that point?
  • New Year's Eve (12/31/18) - Blood work, ultrasound, & meeting a new doctor who will hopefully be awesome and delivering my baby next August.  This date will mark the start of 8 weeks for us.
  • First dr appt scheduled for 12/20
    will have dating ultrasound also meeting a new dr. It will be so different having a different Dr than the one who delivered my first 2, makes me nervous 
  • ** TW, spotting **

Wellp, I have me a nice appointment Monday morning to see my midwife. I've been having some weird spotting/colored discharge on and off since yesterday, so they want me to come in to be seen. My first appointment wasn't 'til 1/8. I'm not excited, really, because it's super too early for an ultrasound so basically this will probably just be taking my blood and maybe peeking at my cervix? idk.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • First appt 1/4 will be 8 weeks 2 days. No questions just excited for my first appt 
  • Hey @knottiecbfae9ef24b428d6, if you plan to stick around & join in, please change your name to something easier to tag! You can do it from the main home page of the bump. Click the top right circle where the avatar picture is, & then edit your screen name. 
  • I go on 12/17, and don't really have any questions. I'm going with the same doctor who I used for my last pregnancy, so I'm already comfortable there, well, as comfortable as you can be at the OB!
  • When is your first appointment?
    12/20 for ultrasound and then see the doctor. 

Any questions for the doctor? 
    Ill be getting a referral to a high risk doctor that I will follow up with on a more regular basis. No questions now, I live my doctor, she helped my through my first pregnancy and delivered my daughter, and helped me through a loss. I’ll end up getting induced so I’ll ask if I can schedule that to line up with when she may be rotating at the hospital. I’ll ask her what I should and shouldn’t be doing, and how much weight I should gain. I gained 80 with my first, and have only lost 60 of it, so the less I gain the better, but will do whatever she recommends. 

• Dating Ultrasound scheduled for 12/24 :D First Appt scheduled for 01/09.

I’ve already been for two betas and levels are looking great but doc put me on Progesterone suppositories due to slightly low levels. Feeling happy!
    <3 Jen
  • First appointment and dating scan 12/18. No questions that I can think of. I’m just anxious to see what’s going on in there!

@runningisrad I’m glad you’re able to get in for an earlier appointment, but sorry you’re dealing with spotting.
  • I just had a confirmatory/prenatal blood lab appointment with my FNP on 12/6. (All good and normal!) My first appointment with the OB/GYN is on 01/04, and my dating ultrasound is on 01/08. 

Questions I have:

Is it growing okay? How much of NIPT does my cruddy student health insurance cover? 
  • First appointment is on 12/17 for an ultrasound and nurse visit. 

All of my questions basically relate to the conditions that I have that make me high risk. Do I need to adjust my thyroid medication? Do I need to be put back on seizure medication? When do I start makenna injections? When can we do genetic testing?
  • Thanks @mkrel. I had spotting exactly like this when I was pregnant with my son, so I’m hoping it’s just... spotting. The waiting is the hardest part!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I went to the doctor yesterday for my first appointment. I went early due to some light spotting. They did urine/drug screen and took HIV and prenatal panel first.

I then had a transvaginal ultrasound, where I got to see baby’s heartbeat and watch it swim around. She took lots of pics and measurements, I measured right on and my EDD of 8/5 was spot on, baby’s heartbeat was 165.

I then saw the doctor, where he did a breast exam, vaginal exam and then just talked and answered any questions. We discussed early screening tests and he gave me a referral to the high risk doctor, because of a blood disorder I have. 

• @cmessamore I have hypothyroid and my endo basically told me that I should tell her immediately when I get a BFP. She had me come in at 4 weeks and is going to run my thyroid for bloodwork every 4 weeks, she said it is highly likely my meds will need adjusting every month or so until the third tri. My CNM told me I wasn't considered high risk just because I was hypo because my numbers are under control, but she told me to be in constant communication with my endo because she knows more about my thyroid history. If you see an endo they would probably be the better person to ask about thyroid meds, in my opinion. 
  • @database6 Do you know if first US are usually transvaginal?! I didn't even think of that but they did ask me to come in with a full bladder....my first one is scheduled for Friday. I've been so sensitive down there that when my CNM swabbed for a culture last week I cringed, even though it was just a qtip and she didn't even use a speculum, so now I'm panicking. D: 
  • smmatt08smmatt08 member
    edited December 2018
    Under 10-ish weeks, yes the u/s will be TV @drmrsthecounselor

ETA: I can't remember whether u/s at 10 weeks was TV?
  • @drmrsthecounselor I don’t know if they always are, maybe it depends on the sensitivity of the equipment available at your provider’s office. Mine were always transvaginal that early though, I think it’s just much easier for them to see. It was much more comfortable than getting swabbed afterwards though. Maybe the full bladder was for the urine screenings?  They had me pee to give a sample before the US, so mine was empty when I had the US. 

• Thanks @database6 and @smmatt08 for the replies. I hate transvaginal ultrasounds so hopefully it's quick and painless, but gives us some info. In the past they've always told me to have a full bladder for transvaginal ultrasounds and I've already done a urine sample so we will see.
  • I had my first appointment with my OB today. I thought I was around 6 weeks 5 days, but I measured at only 5 weeks 4 days. I had two separate ultrasounds done, and they could only find a gestational sac and a yolk sac, nothing inside yet. The doctor seems pretty chill about it, but they took blood and will take more on Friday to compare my levels. If there’s upward movement, then I’m on the right track and I’ll go back for another US next week. The ultrasound tech and the doctor also both insinuated that I may have a bicornuate uterus, which will present its own set of fun issues. Just when I thought today’s appointment would be quick & easy...!
  • My appointment was Monday and it went really well. Baby looks good. They went over all the do’s and dont’s and then they did a whole lot of blood work. 

I got my lab work today and sadly my thyroid levels are all out of whack, so they’re upping my levothyroxine. I also have an appointment with an endocrinologist on Monday morning. The last time the increased my levothyroxine, my heart started doing funky things, so she would like me to see a cardiologist as well, so that’ll be happening too. My neurologist is fine with not putting me back on seizure medications (I’ve been off of them for about 6 months on a trial) which is great news. I go back on January 18 for an OB visit and I meet with MFM on January 25th! 
  • My first ultrasound w Dd was transvaginal but they couldn’t see anything doing a TV this time and had to go on my belly like a normal ultrasound. She said it’s bc I had a csection and they just put my uterus back higher I guess. Idk. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• I had my first appt today! Getting to hear the baby’s heartbeat and see the ultrasound was so cool!!! Doctor said I’m probably right at 7 weeks, maybe a few days less! They will know more when I go back on Jan 7th!!!
  • I’ve had two betas and my hcg more than doubled so that was a relief. I have my first ultrasound on January 2nd. 
  • @olivemomma I'm sorry for the bitter part of the bitter-sweet ultrasound. Let yourself feel however you do and *try* not to feel guilty about any feeling you work through. That's totally normal and makes sense to me that you would feel such a mix of emotion right now <3 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019